Samba clients can't see partitions mounted via loop device from image files

Is there something special about filesystems mounted via
the loop device, which prevents Samba from sharing them?

I have a small LAN with several PCs on it.  It has a
few Windows machines, and a Linux machine running
Mandrake 10 (kernel 2.6.3), which shares out its root
("/") read-only as "c".

(Temporarily, for testing, it is shared with full write
permissions, which I know is terrible.)

On the Mandrake (er, Mandriva) Linux box, I have image
files from a few small hard disk drives.  While logged
on as root, I've mounted partitions on two of those
image files, via the loop device:

  # first partition in drive1.ima is an NTFS partition:
  losetup -r -o 32256 /dev/loop1 drive1.ima
  mount -t ntfs /dev/loop1 /mnt/img1
  # first partition in drive2.ima is a FAT32 partition:
  losetup -o 32256 /dev/loop2 drive2.ima
  mount -t vfat /dev/loop2 /mnt/img2

The drive*.ima files and /mnt/img* mount points are all
owned by root and are wide-open ("chmod 777").

The loop device mounts work fine: From the Linux box, I
can view the files in both /mnt/img1/* and /mnt/img2/*
with no problems, and I can create or modify files in
/mnt/img2/*

Samba is also working: From a Win2K or WinNT 4.0 client
PC, I can see everything else on the Linux box, and I can
read (and temporarily write) files in any of the other
partitions which are mounted on the Linux box.

But the Windows client machines cannot see any files
on either of the two loop-device-mounted partitions.
Why??

Note that the symptoms on the two partitions are different.

Attempting to browse \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img1\ (the NTFS
partition) from either Windows PC yields:

   Exploring - \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img1
   X   \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img1 is not accessible.
       Access is denied.
            [Retry]  [Cancel]

Attempting the browse \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img2\ (the FAT32
partition) from either Windows PC gives no error, but
doesn't show any files, either.  It is almost as if there
was nothing mounted on the mount point folder.  But I can
tell that the Linux box does know that /mnt/img1 is being
accessed, because when a Windows PC is browsing the contents
of \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img2\ in Windows Explorer (and seeing
nothing but an empty folder), the Linux box nevertheless
cannot umount it, because the umount command yields an error:

   umount: /mnt/img2: device is busy

Does anyone know what is going wrong, and how to fix it,
so that the Windows machines can see the loop-device-mounted
partitions?

Thanks!

-Dave
dave146 at burtonsys dot com, but please no spam

0
dave146 (6)

The problem had nothing to do with the use of the loop
device.  The "mount" commands were the problem.  They
needed the "-o umask=0" option, so that Samba's "nobody"
user could access the mounted partitions:

   mount -t ntfs -o umask=0 /dev/loop1 /mnt/img1
   mount -t vfat -o umask=0 /dev/loop2 /mnt/img2

"Dave Burton" <dave146@burtonsys.com> wrote in message
> Is there something special about filesystems mounted via
> the loop device, which prevents Samba from sharing them?
> On the Mandrake (er, Mandriva) Linux box, I have image
> files from a few small hard disk drives.  While logged
> on as root, I've mounted partitions on two of those
> image files, via the loop device:
>
>   # first partition in drive1.ima is an NTFS partition:
>   losetup -r -o 32256 /dev/loop1 drive1.ima
>   mount -t ntfs /dev/loop1 /mnt/img1
>   # first partition in drive2.ima is a FAT32 partition:
>   losetup -o 32256 /dev/loop2 drive2.ima
>   mount -t vfat /dev/loop2 /mnt/img2
> But the Windows client machines cannot see any files
> on either of the two loop-device-mounted partitions.
> Attempting to browse \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img1\ (the NTFS
> partition) from either Windows PC yields:
>
>    Exploring - \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img1
>    --------------------------------------------
>    X   \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img1 is not accessible.
>        Access is denied.
>             [Retry]  [Cancel]
>
> Attempting the browse \\Linuxbox\c\mnt\img2\ (the FAT32
> partition) from either Windows PC gives no error, but
> doesn't show any files, either.

dave146 (6)

Windows can't see Apache on Linux machine when in one location, can in other. Linux PC can see server in both locations.
We have two offices A and B, connected by kilostream. We have a Linux box in location A, running Mandrake 9 and the Apache web server. We have some Linux boxes in location B, and loads of Windows machines. The problem is that whenever a Windows box is in location B, it can't see any pages served up by the Linux based web server in A. It can ping it, but if you telnet to port 80 from the Windows machine you get nothing back. If I pick up the Windows machine, and transport it to location A, plug it into the network, all works OK. At the moment I'm using SQUID on a Linux box in location B as a proxy server for the Windows machines in location A, but this is a bodge really. Any idea why the WIndows machiens in location B can't see pages from the apache server in A, whilst Linux machines in B can see A ? On 8 Jul 2004 11:01:23 -0700, Agent X <pgrebby@hotmail.com> wrote: > We have two offices A and B, connected by kilostream. > > We have a Linux box in location A, running Mandrake 9 and the Apache > web server. > > We have some Linux boxes in location B, and loads of Windows machines. > > The problem is that whenever a Windows box is in location B, it can't > see any pages served up by the Linux based web server in A. It can > ping it, but if you telnet to port 80 from the Windows machine you get > nothing back. > > If I pick up the Windows machine, and transport it to location A, plug > it into the network,...

Why can't the rest of my network see my Linux box's hostname?
Hi all, Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ - I couldn't find an FAQ list. I would appreciate some help/advice about getting my network right. I have a small business network with Macs (running Mac OS X) and a variety of Windows PCs. This network is connected to a Netgear DG834 ADSL router and thence to my ISP. I have added a new Linux box to this network today, running Fedora Core 2. When I look at the list of attached devices in the Netgear console it sees the Linux box as hostname marple and ip address 192.168.0.6. The hostname setting on the box is marple. However when I...

OT, Linux: bash can't see a file that's there, really!
Sorry for the OT post, but I figure I'll get a quicker, more useful response here. Brand new computer, Xubuntu 14.04 instead of Lubuntu 12.04 I just copied over my Codesourcery directory to /usr/share/arm-none-eabi (where it was on the old machine, and where everything worked fine). Bash insists it's not there, even though I can see it in a directory: Here's ls: $ ls -l /usr/share/arm-none-eabi/bin/*gcc -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 270608 Aug 6 2014 /usr/share/arm-none-eabi/bin/ arm-none-eabi-gcc Here's when I try to run it: $ /usr/share/arm-none-eabi/bin...

PPTP VPN client can make connection but can't see network resources
Hi, I am trying to setup a VPN between my home and the office and can only get it partially working. Office ------- * Small network connected to the internet by a Draytek router (Draytek 2600). * Draytek router has an inbuilt VPN server which is setup and running. Home ----- * Win98 Box. Have installed VPN client and can successfully attach to the Draytek routers VPN server across the intenet and get access to all the office network resources. This was very simple to do and works fine. * SUSE Linux box. Have installed pptp and can establish a connection to the Draytek routers VPN server over the internet but can't get access to any of the office network resources. Can succesfully ping the Draytek over the VPN connection on 192.168.1.1 but can't ping any other computer on the office network. * At home my Win98 box and SUSE Linux box are connected to the Internet through a Dlink router with VPN passthrough enabled. Can anyone shed any light on why I can connect to the Draytek VPN server on my Linux Box but can't see or ping any of the computers hanging off it. Win98 VPN client does it fine so all the hardware side seems to be able to communicate ok. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. JP ...

Can't see files on the network
This is driving me nuts. The VERY FIRST thing I did when I got my Mac was to connect to the PC on the network. I moved all my Firefox and Thunderbird files over to the Mac. Then the PC was turned off for 2 years. :D I've turned it back on now and I CANNOT see the files from either side. Both sides show the other machine. When I try to see the files from either side, I'm asked for a password. I haven't set one on either share on the PC side. I don't remember how I made a shared folder on the Mac side.... The PC is part of a workgroup called MalcolmO. It also sees a work...

Partition Magic can't see XP's partitions
I am running XP Pro + SP1. My BIOS supports hard drives only up to 137 MB. Using XP's Disk Management I created several partitions on a 160 GB hard drive (132 GB, 8 MB, 8 GB, 19 GB and 15 GB unallocated). All seem to work alright. For some reason Partition Magic 8 can not see any partitions on that hard drive and it says the whole drive is "bad". I feel pretty certain that PM8 was previously able to show me the partitions on this 160 GB hard drive until I deleted them and re- created another set of partitions. Is it important or significant that PM8 cur...

mount point has gone, device is mounted, can't umount device
Hi All, How stuffed am I? su-2.04# df -m Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/da0s1a 38 31 3 89% / /dev/da0s1f 7991 2980 4370 41% /usr /dev/da0s1e 193 151 26 85% /var /dev/da1s1g 9093 5483 2882 66% /usr/local /dev/da1s1e 2015 0 1854 0% /tmp /dev/da1s1f 4032 265 3444 7% /usr/www /dev/da2s1e 32509 17319 12589 58% /usr/MS procfs 0 0 0 100% /proc /dev/da4s1e 1007 39 887 4% /mnt/rt su-2.04# cd /mnt/rt su: cd: /mnt/rt: Invalid argument Get same if I do mkdir /mnt/rt So How do I umount /dev/da4s1e? I cannot just reboot as I am not sure that da0 is still my boot drive, boot0cfg -v da0 boot0cfg: /dev/da0: unknown or incompatible boot code -- Mark Worsdall https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ On 2005-07-30, Mark Worsdall <freebsd@NoSpAmPlEaSe-wizdom.org.uk> wrote: > Hi All, > > How stuffed am I? > > su-2.04# df -m > Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on > /dev/da0s1a 38 31 3 89% / > /dev/da0s1f 7991 2980 4370 41% /usr > /dev/da0s1e 193 151 26 85% /var > /dev/da1s1g 9093 5483 2882 66% /usr/local > /dev/da1s1e 2015 0 1854 0% /tmp > /dev/da1s1f 4032 265 3444 7% /usr/www > /dev/da2s1e 32509 17319 12...

how to mount linux partition in OS X via samba
Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results, i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in the window, and i type smb//192.168.3.1/home/user it shows me the window asking for workgroup, user, and password, i type them but i can't login, send me error = 36 It shows up in winxp, but when i try to mount it send error too, about not enough privileges, i put the ip of both machines in the line of hosts allowed, in smb.conf, what am i doing wrong?, or how's the right way?, thanks in advance On 26 Jan 2004 20:44:14 -0800, elduran (elduran@hotmail.com) wrote: > Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results, > i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a > user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in > the window, and i type smb//192.168.3.1/home/user it shows me the > window asking for workgroup, user, and password, i type them but i > can't login, send me error = 36 I don't know anything about WinXP, but here's how I mount my Samba exported home directory. smb://ip_address/user (i.e. you don't need /home/user) I can also reach it as smb://MATABELELAND/user (see below) I didn't configure my Samba server with any GUI tool, but here's the relevant sections of my smb.conf on the Linux box. [global] workgroup = WINSL...

Samba: Windows can't see Linux
I have a Windows 98SE box and a Red Hat 7.2 box with Samba 2.2.8a. The Linux box has no problem seeing the Windows box, mounting shares, etc. The Windows box has no problem seeing the Linux box for non-Samba purposes (ping, ssh, etc.) But, the Windows box can't see the Linux box in Network Neighborhood, and can't access any shares. I went through the "troubleshooting" chapter on samba.org, and found that the nmb test fails. That is, nmblookup -B 192.168.5.255 RH72 does not find the RH72 box -- even when that command is run on the RH72 box itself! Changing the IP in that command from the "broadcast" IP to RH72'2 IP does give the correct response, and "smbclient -L //RH72" produces a correct list of shares. So, it seems that RH72 is not responding when queried on the broadcast IP. How can I fix this? (I've already tried invoking nmbd with the "-B" option, but that didn't work.) Thanks! --Robert Robert Book wrote: > I have a Windows 98SE box and a Red Hat 7.2 box with Samba 2.2.8a. > > The Linux box has no problem seeing the Windows box, mounting shares, > etc. > The Windows box has no problem seeing the Linux box for non-Samba > purposes (ping, ssh, etc.) But, the Windows box can't see the Linux > box in Network Neighborhood, and can't access any shares. > > I went through the "troubleshooting" chapter on samba.org, and found > that the nmb test fails. ...

VPN Clients can't see internal network
I'm using XP Pro as a VPN Server and when a client logs in, it cannot ping other machines on the network, only the VPN Server. My searches on google have produced reams of discussions, but nothing that seems pertinent. My experience is that complex problems have simple solutions but I don't even know where to start looking. Anybody have some ideas for me to try? Thanks, -- Gerald On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:08:31 GMT, Gerald Meazell <gmeazell@swbell.net> wrote: >I'm using XP Pro as a VPN Server and when a client logs in, it cannot >ping other mach...

VPN Client can't see internal network
Hi, Hopefully someone may be able to help me. I have a remote user (User6) with a VPN client connecting to my PIX OK, but when he tries to PING or access server 172.29.11.250 the PINGs fail ; I see no debug info on the PIX. When he PINGs the outside interface ip address I see the debug but it is coming from the IP address of the remote user ISP - not the IP address allocated from the VPN POOL. The PIX itself can PING 172.19.11.250 and this device can PING the PIX... TIA, Ned network-object 123.233.0.0 255.255.0.0 network-object 99.19.0.0 255.255.0.0 network-object host 89.234.51.114 acces...

can't see XP files in mount_smbfs mount
I've been trying to create a backup of my xp-pro laptop using samba (2.2.8 on freebsd 4.4). I can mount the laptop's drive just fine and see all the directories, but all the directories on the mounted share appear empty (at least when I perform an ls -la command). This might be the first time I've attempted to mount an XP shared resource (I honestly can't recall), and didn't have this problem when I did this with my Win2k laptop. Is this a common problem and what you some good advice be to fix this problem. I see the latest verison of samba is 2.2.11, should I upgrad...

Problems with Samba, can't see or mount shares
Hello, I am running samba 3.06 on Mandrake 10.0. I can see shares with smbclient but I am unable to mount shares or see them from my windows computer. All of the other network services such as ssh ftp and http apparently work fine. When I attempt to mount shares on my Linux computer as a user with the command "smbmnt Mark //localhost/homes" I do not get any error message. When I cd to the directory that is mounted (mounting the share on the directory "Mark") and try to ls the directory I get the message: "ls: .: Input/output error" The same thing happens when I issue the df command. I can access the shares with smbclient with no apparent errors. When I try to umount the share as user, it hangs for a while but does not give any error message. But df reveals that the share is still mounted. The only way that I can umount the share is by su ing and then it will umount by issuing "umount /mount-point" My smb.conf file is below. (With most of the comments deleted.) I also tried the smb.conf file which worked fine on my Mandrake 9.0 machine, but I got the same results. Can anyone offer some advice? I would like to be able to access files and printers on my samba server from my windows laptop [global] workgroup = MDKGROUP server string = Samba Server %v printcap name = cups load printers = yes printing = cups printer admin = @adm log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m max log size ...

NFS mounted home folder -- Can't see various files
Hi I am NFS mounting the /Users folder of one OSX box on some iBooks. The export options are r/w and maproot=nobody. The UIDs and GIDs are identical on all machines. The iBook clients pick mount the /Users folder and the users are recognised with their respective UIDs and GIDs on the NFS server, ... BUT I cannot see any files in those folders which are set to mode 700 (drwx------), for example Documents or Desktop etc etc. If I am recognised by the NFS server as myself and user to user mapping is used (with the only exception being root), then why would the group and world privileges ha...

Networked two linux computers, can't access files across?
I have two linux computers networked. I have the Internet configurations working OK, but I need to share files between two, I restarted nfs, and mounted on other machine, still can't access. Do I have to enable anything else?. Appreciated for any info. Thanks, GS. GS <globalswamy@hotmail.com> wrote: > I restarted nfs, and mounted on other machine, still can't access. I don't think this is a useful sentence. * You've started NFS on one (both?) of the boxes? * Do you have one configured as a server and the other as a client? * Have you put anything in /etc/exports on the server? * Have you successfullly exported a share on one of the boxes and successfully mounted it on the other? * What's the real problem that you're having? Puzzled, Chris GS wrote: > I have two linux computers networked. I have the Internet > configurations working OK, but I need to share files between two, I > restarted nfs, and mounted on other machine, still can't access. Do I > have to enable anything else?. Appreciated for any info. > > Thanks, > GS. > look here: http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/ ...

OSX NFS server, Linux client can't read mount
NFS server running on a Mac Powerbook, Linux client box on the LAN. I can mount the share. fstab has 192.168.1.102:/Volumes/Alien /mnt/alien nfs user,exec,rw,hard,intr 0 0 cat /proc/mounts 192.168.1.102:/Volumes/Alien /mnt/alien nfs rw,nosuid,nodev,v3,rsize=16384,wsize=16384,hard,intr,udp,lock, addr=192.168.1.102 0 0 However, when I try to access /mnt/alien, I get ls: reading directory /mnt/alien: Input/output error I don't know if the problem's on the Linux side or the OSX, which I don't know from shinola. Any advice as to why the mount can't be accessed greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- ...

Don't see RISC OS computer in 'My network places'
Hi, I've got an XP Home laptop, Iyonix, router/hub and LanMan98. I can ping both ways. Laptop's 'Workgroup' name = Iyonix's 'Local domain' name. Laptop folders and Iyonix hard-disc are 'shared'. LanMan98 gives me access to the laptop from my Iyonix. But I can't see my Iyonix's shared directories in the laptop's 'My network places' or 'View workgroup computers'. Any clues? (I'll see any replies and will be able to reply on Tuesday.) Chris Bell. In message <5116f14253news@highpath.net> Chris Bell <news@highpath.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've got an XP Home laptop, Iyonix, router/hub and LanMan98. > I can ping both ways. > Laptop's 'Workgroup' name = Iyonix's 'Local domain' name. > Laptop folders and Iyonix hard-disc are 'shared'. > LanMan98 gives me access to the laptop from my Iyonix. > But I can't see my Iyonix's shared directories in the laptop's 'My > network places' or 'View workgroup computers'. Any clues? > (I'll see any replies and will be able to reply on Tuesday.) > Chris Bell. So are you sharing the Iyonix folders via !smbserver , if not then this is the reason they can't be seen. -- Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative operating system to Microsoft Windows. In article <5116f14...

SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!?
Hello, I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases). How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because there is the 'sqlservr.exe...

SAMBA Question, Linux box can't see Windows Shared folders
I have an XP VM (VMware Server 2 on CentOS5.2) on a network of Fedora and CentOS5 machines. The Linux boxes export SAMBA shares which the XP VM sees just fine. The XP VM also sees it's shared folders. The Linux boxes (both CentOS5.2 and Fedora 9) can see the SAMBA exports from each other and they can see the XP machine but they can't see anything of the shared folders on the XP machine (I'm looking at the network for Nautilus). What do I need to do on either the Linux side or the Windows side so that Linux can see the XP Shares? Here is my smb.conf file, #======================= Global Settings ===================================== [global] log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m cups options = raw netbios name = Nimitz server string = Nimitz Samba socket options = TCP_NODELAY workgroup = workgroup os level = 20 username map = /etc/samba/smbusers encrypt passwords = yes winbind trusted domains only = yes security = user passdb backend = tdbsam max log size = 50 General Schvantzkoph wrote: > I have an XP VM (VMware Server 2 on CentOS5.2) on a network of Fedora and > CentOS5 machines. The Linux boxes export SAMBA shares which the XP VM > sees just fine. The XP VM also sees it's shared folders. The Linux boxes > (both CentOS5.2 and Fedora 9) can see the SAMBA exports from each other > and they can see the XP machine but they can't see anything of the shared > folders on the XP machine (I'm looking at the network ...

can't lock files using Get Info in Mac OS X client
How do I make a SAMBA-served file "read only" using a Mac client? The "lock" checkbox is available in the Finder's Get Info window. Checking it and closing the window results in the file's Finder icon briefly displaying the "locked" indicator, but it quickly disappears and the file can be opened for writing. I was hoping for Mac behavior similar to Windows (no wisecracks, please). In Win XP Pro, the file's property window properly sets read-only -- and the same file then opens as read-only on Mac. Even Mac's unix command line is no help...

2nd network computer can't see 100% of files in certain folders on 1st computer
I have a 2-station wireless network between my office and my secretary's, next door. I have an XP Pro machine; she has XP Home. Both computers are reasonably up-to-date and otherwise working well. Both have fairly recent D-link hardware. I have had the wireless network for over a year, most of the time working well. Recently, a very odd problem has popped up. My secretary's computer sometimes cannot see all the files in a particular folder. The problem has shown up in several folders during the past few weeks. Since her job is to finalize and prints documents that I draft, this ...

2nd network computer can't see 100% of files in certain folders on 1st computer
I have a 2-station wireless network between my office and my secretary's, next door. I have an XP Pro machine; she has XP Home. Both computers are reasonably up-to-date and otherwise working well. Both have fairly recent D-link hardware. I have had the wireless network for over a year, most of the time working well. Recently, a very odd problem has popped up. My secretary's computer sometimes cannot see all the files in a particular folder. The problem has shown up in several folders during the past few weeks. Since her job is to finalize and prints documents that I draft, this ...

Added some debugging stuff under net/ipv4, I can see the new function in System.map file, I can't see that under /proc/ksyms once I loaded new kernel, why?
Added some debugging stuff under net/ipv4, I can see the new function name in System.map file, I can't see that under /proc/ksyms once I loaded new kernel, why?. All the symbols in System.map file should be under /proc/ksyms right, Is there any configuration I have to do. Thanks. ...

Need Advice: Can't get crashed HD to boot as slave so I can see if any files can be recovered.
80 gig WD HD crashed on E macnine. Drive had 6 partitions. Tried recovery software x4 which fully installed but boot up stops and I always get "disk read error". Talked with e machine tech in live chat, we retried recovery disks, chkdsk said there was 1 partition and we both suspect a trashed MBR which we failed to recover. I don't want to format the drive because I have many files I want to recover if possible, the most important are health information files concerning leukemia. Purchased a WD 120 gig HD and installed XP with recovery discs. Computer is up and runn...

Web resources about - Samba clients can't see partitions mounted via loop device from image files - comp.os.linux.networking

Partition and secession in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After the California Constitutional Convention of 1849 applied for statehood in the current boundaries, the South reluctantly acceded to a single, ...

Explainer: Malcolm Turnbull and the incendiary idea to partition Iraq
This week, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull raised eyebrows by professing openness to a very controversial idea. He&nbsp;suggested that a partition ...

[Ermahgerd] Verizon Apps Spotted On The Nexus 6's System Partition After The Android 5.1 Update, Rustled ...
The Internet is in the midst of having a mini hemorrhage over something that, basically, doesn't matter. Shocking, right? It appears that a few ...

Restore files, partitions, broken PCs with Lazesoft Recovery Suite
... That’s all the more surprising when you see how much the program can do. It’s able to recover everything from individual files to entire partitions; ...

How to partition your drive before installing Windows 10
Want to test Windows 10 on your PC? Create a hard drive partition for a worry-free install.

Paragon Software Releases Partition Manager 15
Partition Manager 15 software comes with file system converters to adapt the most common file systems including NTFS, HFS+, and FAT.

Iraq: The 'idea of a soft partition came from the US'
Is Iraq headed towards a partition? The rise of the Islamic State group has highlighted the weakness of the central power.Myriam Benraad is a ...

Jat stir revives Partition nightmare for Rohtak residents
The violent Jat quota agitation has revived painful memories of Partition for many people caught in the two conflicts separated by seven decades. ...

How to partition your Mac to test OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan may be in Public Beta now, but that doesn't mean it's 100 percent stable. Here's how to put it somewhere it can't cause problems. ...