Dell driver for Broadcom V.92 internal modem

Dell told me that this is the driver for the internal modem on my new
Inspiron 300m:

http://support.ap.dell.com/ap/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R47114

but I can't get it to install or work correctly on my machine.  More details
here:

http://www.frogsonice.com/300m.html

Just wondering, has anyone else had better luck installing this driver?

-Sandra
0
Sandra
9/23/2003 12:54:34 PM
comp.os.linux.portable 1226 articles. 0 followers. larwe (1373) is leader. Post Follow

Laptops
Well, Its time to upgrade my old Dell laptop, I was looking at: A) Dell M70 Intel M770 15.5 WSXGA 256MB Quadro FX Go 1400 2GB RAM But I've just read a review of the B) Fujitsu Celsius H230 Intel M770 15" UXGA 256MB ATI FireGL V5000 2GB RAM Benchmark Solidworks 2005 APC Overall 1.47 Graphics 1.43 CPU 1.5 I/O 1.57 I have a couple (well 5 actually!) of questions you guys might be able to help with: 1) Whats the difference between WSXGA and UXGA display 2) Is there any difference between ATI and Quadro graphics 3) Does anyone have the equivalent benchmarks for the M70 4) Has an...

Re: Migration from MPE to HPUX V.3 #3
Hi Ray, Yes, we intend to honor HP's pricing structure, therefore it would be free ;) Let me know if you have other questions Nick * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Operating system on a new Dell Latitude
Which OS would you ask for on a new Latitude (possibly D820), Win Xp Pro or Vista? BTW, would a 1,66GHz processor + 2 GB ram + 100GB 7200rpm SATA HD be enough for Vista? ;-) Am Sat, 12 May 2007 09:56:05 +0200 schrieb Enrico C: > Which OS would you ask for on a new Latitude (possibly D820), Win Xp Pro or > Vista? I would personally go for Win XP Pro, as I do not really see the advantages of Vista over XP. Vista might work fine, but I read a couple of reports that the running time of laptops can be significantly lower with Vista compared to XP. Partly this might be because drivers have...

dell 3100 as as/400 printer
I have a dell network printer 3100 that I want to define on the as/400 as a Lan network printer. Should I use port 9100 or does anyone know?? Also what about driver...right now I have a gestetner printer using port 9100 and system driver is *HPPJLDRV. Will that work??? thanks, ga George Applegate gappleg8@fscoop.com Define a Remote Output Queue on the AS/400. (You don't define the device itself.) Example: CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QGPL/MYDEL3100) <--or some other name RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(MYDEL3100) <--match to the name on the first line CNNTYPE(*IP) D...

CFP with extended deadline of Mar. 31, 2011: The 2011 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIOCOMP'11), USA, July 18-21, 2011 #2
Dear Colleagues: Please share the announcement below with those who may be interested. Thank you, Organizing Committee ------------ CALL FOR PAPERS =================================== Paper Submission Deadline: March 31, 2011 BIOCOMP'11 The 2011 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology July 18-21, 2011, Las Vegas, USA =================================== Conference Web site: http://www.worldacademyofscience.org/worldcom...

Are there real USB or PCMCIA modems available
My new laptop has a winmodem and it's looking pretty hopeless about getting it to work. It also lacks a serial port so I can't use an old fashion external modem. Are there any real modems available on eitehr PCMCIA cards or as USB modems. I get the impression that most USB modems are also winmodems, are there any that are real modems? On 2004-08-25, General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@yahoo.com> wrote: > fashion external modem. Are there any real modems available on eitehr > PCMCIA cards Sure there are. Just read the specifications before buying. Davide -- A musician...

WHICH USED LAPTOP TO BUY -- DELL 6000 OR 8600?
I want to buy a CHEAP but functional used laptop for occasional light usage -- mainly email, internet, solitaire. I'm focusing on the Inspiron 6000 (my other laptop) and possibly the Inspiron 8600. I like Dells, so I'm not interested in any other brand. I've found used 6000s and 8600s on eBay and CraigsList in the $300 to $400 range, and am wondering which would be a better buy. Also, can anyone tell me what year the 6000 and the 8600 were first sold and when they were discontinued? Thanks for any advice! Hi, > Also, can anyone tell me what year the 6000 and the 8600 were...

Re: Name Twin's Misdeeds Plague a Good Driver
In message <telecom24.203.4@telecom-digest.org> TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com>: > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This type of thing used to happen a lot > in Chicago, when the Cook County States Attorney would issue a warrant > for someone with a very common name. Now in recent years, when a > person (who is _NOT_ the wanted person) gets arrested and hassled, > they are permitted to apply for a boilerplate letter which announces > to one and all this particular [common name] is not wanted by law > enfor...

Porting of Win-Nt Virtual COM driver in to Linux fax image
Hi all, I have ported the NT-Virtual COM driver into Linux. The driver helps to send the voicemail as well as to send the fax. I am able to send the fax, and I can view the fax as .tif image, but If I divert the stored tiff to the Fax M/c, I am not able to receive the image properly. If any of you faced such problems pls let me know how did you handled?. Thanks in Advance, Saravana ...

Searching a notebook
I'm searching for a laptop 12 to 14 inches. I want it to be light and small, no broader than 31cm (that is the size of my old Compaq Evo n610). I'll be using it as secondary device (the main computer is an iMac 17' G5) for surfing and email, office apps and few downloading of photographs from the camera + putting them on the web. Maybe saving music for the iPod. No video watching. Maybe very occasionally editing videos. I want to be able to work outdoors, so it ought to be light and handy. It sould operate very softly. The iBook 12' would have been perfect but I don'...

Re: Changing MYSASFILES and SASUSER vs SAS ODBC Driver ( V8.2/W2K)
Hi Martyn, Typically when background or scheduled tasks SAS jobs run they do not run as if it is you logged in or your profile of goodies. The background sessions are usually running as "SYSTEM", so permissions and session profiles, etc. need to be assigned to the SYSTEM id. The result is that when you add goodies to the config or autoexec.sas, files the background jobs seem to not *have* these goodies, and in fact the background job doesn't have them since it is running as user "SYSTEM". For config and autoexec.sas stuff, it can be accommodated by adding the -confi...

Here We Provide You Good Quality windows 7 enterprise key dell With Low Price.
Provide product download link for free when you purchase <a href=http://www.windows7keysmall.com/#tkjo>buy windows 7 ultimate singapore </a>(If you need,plz make a note) . microsoft windows 7 key support Language: English, German, Italy, French, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, and so on. Make sure your computer is ready for Windows Anytime Upgrade. Download the <a href=http://www.windows7keysmall.com/>Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 Upgrade Key </a>. This is NOT the Product Activation Keys. This is cheap windows 7 ultimate oem You can enter the key to that computer ...

Dell Latitude Cpi 300 for sale $300
Laptop loaded!! ...

Dell Inspiron 5160 Power
Hello Group, I have Dell Inspiron 5160. It does boot fine with battery but with AC adaptor plug-in the LED lights for AC adaptor & LED lights for Battery start flashing every 3sec. If I insert the battery than no flashing (laptop boot fine with battery). So far these steps has been done; Hold on power button down for several sec Check with different AC adaptor Replace the power connector on MB Any suggestion would be appreciated. I am trying to avoid to buy MB....:) Thanks Sam "sam" <samNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eurupg$4o3$1@home.itg.ti.com... > He...

xilinx ISE 11.1 and linux (Mint)
Dear All, I am trying to program a Spartan-3A DSP 3400A Edition board on Linux Mint via the usb cable and I am having some problems with IMPACT. I have installed usb-driver following the instructions from here: http://www.george-smart.co.uk/wiki/Xilinx_JTAG_Linux What I'd like to do is to understand if the drivers are working ok. so the question is how? this is what i have tried: With the board connected to the PC (some intel pentium 4 with Linux Mint) via a usb cable, when i start IMPACT from the command line and than I double click to Boundary Scan - right click on the white page and ...

win XP auto-installation of ATI drivers
1. Ok as usual r-click on desktop , then properties to get Display Properties. from there Settings/Advanced/Adapter/Properties/Driver has these options: Driver Details Update Driver Roll Back Driver Uninstall My question is : does the "update driver" option work? i know it says in ATI's site to uninstall, but just thought to ask, it seems convienient to do it this way. has anyone done it with no probs? also how do upgrade the control panel? its a new radeon x800 card, saphire technologies, its my first ATI card, so i am new to ATI driver updates (and Windows XP) thank you ...

Dell M70 and Dell M20 for Solidworks
The Dell M20 costs much less than the M70. What is missing on the M20? Would you reccomend the M20 for Solidworks? Also, the HP nw8240 is almost a year old, do you think that there will be a new model in Jan 06? Thanks On 9 Nov 2005 16:38:52 -0800, "jsong123@yahoo.com" <jsong123@yahoo.com> wrote: >The Dell M20 costs much less than the M70. What is missing on the M20? >Would you reccomend the M20 for Solidworks? > >Also, the HP nw8240 is almost a year old, do you think that there will >be a new model in Jan 06? > >Thanks > I've just got an M2...

Multiple modems and AT commands
I am in a situation where we might have two modems connected to each other. Since all modems have the same way of exiting transparent mode ("+++") how could I make the second modem exit transparent mode? One way of doing this would be to modify the exit sequence to something else, but is there another way? Best regards JM On 5 May 2006 07:48:08 -0700, jardar.maatje@gmail.com <jardar.maatje@gmail.com> wrote: > I am in a situation where we might have two modems connected to each > other. Could you be more specific? If the idea is to connect two seria...

The answer to the Halting Problem stored within Permutations of Internal States?
The Halting Problem proposes that it will always be impossible to create a halting decider. This is taken to remain true regardless of any possible advances in technology such as advances in computational knowledge representation and reasoning. If we take this to its logical extreme we could conceive of a Turing Machine that has the sum total of every detail of all knowledge about every subject stored within its finite states. This same TM could also have reasoning ability at least equal to the abilities of the best minds in every field. This same machine could also have a natural lang...

How can I verify Windows XP Tablet PC Edition in my kernel driver?
I use the "IoIsWdmVersionAvailable", but the return code is the same as in windows XP.Is there any other function for me to verify TabletPC Edition? thanks a lot. Well, in user mode, you'd call GetSystemMetrics(SM_TABLETPC). A little spelunking with WinDbg or SoftICE would probably tell you what it's looking for, so that you could look for it, too. "SaxenKo" <SaxenKo@aiptek.com.tw> wrote in message news:7336ebe3.0402181833.6acbc6f5@posting.google.com... > I use the "IoIsWdmVersionAvailable", but the return code is the same > as in...

QNX Joins Harman International Family
Hi all, QSSL is sold to Harman International and will stay as an independent company! Here the press release http://www.qnx.com/news/pr_1121_1.html as well as articles of the Ottawa Business Journal http://www.ottawabusinessjournal.com/281777372611416.php and Ottawa Citizen http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/news/business/story.html?id=e08aa551-999d-4a32-a83b-6494d72a0543 Jutta Steinhoff STEINHOFF Automation & Fieldbus-Systems ...

Sco 5.0.7 & Dell Laser 1700n
I have this Dell laser on a network with the server and I can't get it to pass the "network printer operation" test in the HP Network Printer Manager. I have beed able to print to it via Samba thru a Windows XP WS, but I was wondering if I can print to it directly from SCO, since sometimes the XP station is not powered on. Thanks for any insite. Gary dccgary wrote: > I have this Dell laser on a network with the server and I can't get it > to pass the "network printer operation" test in the HP Network Printer > Manager. I have beed able to print to it via...

Re: OT: Dell NON-support
This will help ease the pain: www.engrish.com Tracy Johnson Measurement Specialties, Inc.=20 BT NNNN > -----Original Message----- > From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion=20 > [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Craig Lalley > Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:55 PM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Dell NON-support >=20 >=20 > I just spent 43minutes and 22 seconds, being transfered from=20 > one agent in India to the next. >=20 > I finally got transfered to a recording that said, "we ...

Now Cisco is uping its internal Linux desktop useage!
Everywhere you look, Linux is gaining ground on the desktop front! http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2005/0216cislinux.html?fsrc=rss-linux Why the push? Easier to support! Ralph wrote: > Everywhere you look, Linux is gaining ground on the desktop front! > > http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2005/0216cislinux.html?fsrc=rss-linux > > Why the push? Easier to support! .... Manning estimates that it takes a company approximately one desktop administrator to support 40 Windows PCs, while one administrator can support between 200 and 400 Linux desktops. .... That flies in the face of the...

Call for papers: 10th International Conference on Cellular Automata for Research and Industry (ACRI 2012) #2
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message] ****************************************************************************************** Second Call for Papers 10TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CELLULAR AUTOMATA FOR RESEARCH AND INDUSTRY (ACRI 2012) Santorini Island, Greece, September 24-27, 2012 http://acri2012.duth.gr ****************************************************************************************** Cellular automata (CA) present a very powerful approach to the study of spatio-temporal systems where complex phenomena build up out of many simple local interac...