Dell driver for Broadcom V.92 internal modem

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Dell told me that this is the driver for the internal modem on my new
Inspiron 300m:

http://support.ap.dell.com/ap/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R47114

but I can't get it to install or work correctly on my machine.  More details
here:

http://www.frogsonice.com/300m.html

Just wondering, has anyone else had better luck installing this driver?

-Sandra
0
Reply Sandra 9/23/2003 12:54:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.portable 1226 articles. 0 followers. Post

iBook internal modem unreliable using v.92 or v.90
I can't get a reliable dial-up connection using my iBook's (running OS X 10.2.8)internal modem using v.92 or v.90 - I have to use v.34, which limits my speeds to around 31.2 kbps. My desktop performa 6400 (running OS 9.1) connects fine at higher speeds (up to about 50 kbps) using it's internal 56K modem - it's frustrating when your 8 year old computer connects faster than your 1 year old computer. Any ideas for improving my performance over dial-up? Would an external modem work better? John ...

Internal PCI V.92 Intel modem gets disconnected
Hi, I have a modem that Windows XP Professional identified as "Intel(R) 537 Data Fax Voice V.92 Modem" The driver is dated "Release 4.44 - Aug 30 2002" and its hardware ID is PCI\VEN_E159&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_00038086&REV_00. The problem is that I get disconnected from my ISP every minute or so. The same happens if I set the speed at V.34. I downloaded the latest driver for Intel modems of the 537 family but XP didn't recognize it. (BTW, the download was from Intel's official support website) I also performed a Google search of this specific modem ...

Actiontec Internal V.92 Controller based Modem and others
I'm looking at purchasing the Actiontec Internal 56K V.92 PCI Call Waiting Modem. What to you think of it? It seems like there are very few manufacturers of controller based V.92/V.44 internal modems, but many manufacturers of winmodem internal cards. I would rather just buy an USR, but they do not have one that meets my requirements. My PC is a P3 just under 1Ghz. Should I not be concerned about winmodem vs. controller based modems? I rather not consume cpu resources with modem functions, especially V.44 compression usage. What about manufacturers of external USB modems wit...

USR Internal 56K V.92 Modem No Caller ID UK. (5661A)
I have just got a new internal USRobotics Internal 5661a Modem but can't get caller ID working. Tried supplied CD driver & one slightly newer from usr www. I live in UK. My line is enabled & it works for stand alone units & cordless phones that all detect the no. fine on this same wall socket. Using terminal I make sure on with at+vcid=1 with which ati7 shows it enabled. Terminal just shows Ring, Ring etc. Using USR's own CLID when on internet it also does not detect incoming numbers (Have call waiting etc) Tried "call trace" program, Detects ...

Does Every Internal Modem has a different driver or there is a generic driver for all
We want to develop a device driver for Internal Modem (Conexant HSFi) So we want to know if there are specific drivers for every internal modem is there a generic driver for all. Thanks Abhishek Abhishek Dike <abhishekdike@indiatimes.com> wrote: > We want to develop a device driver for Internal Modem (Conexant HSFi) > So we want to know if there are specific drivers for every internal > modem is there a generic driver for all. No, different internal modems use different chipsets, so they require different drivers. Regards, Je...

v.92/v.34 Modem stops responding after 5 minutes
Hi, I recently purchased the cheap Cendyne v.92/v.34 external serial mode. After 5 to 15 minutes of normal net access, all internet activity behave as if I were disconnected from the net --- (browser just "connecting to somesite.com ... " with no response). However, the lower right icon indicating I m online is still present, and if I were to pick up the phone, the line is still busy with typical 'connected' noise. My ISP uses regular dial up networking, which works fine by the way with my desktop. running w2k sp4 snarlly@hotmail.com (Bo) wrote in message news:<4f190004....

ZOOM (3049) v.92/v.44 external modem questions
Has anyone had any experience with this modem using Warp? Particularly of concern is compatibility with existing apps such as InJoy v2.30 and FaxWorks Pro v3.00.01. What issues or additional needs, if any, are required to simply replace my USR v.everything? If there are any OS/2 specific issues that are not resolved, can anyone recommend another brand that works better? -- Best, Erick Andrews delete bogus to reply On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:07:54 UTC, "Erick Andrews" <eandrews@bogusstar.net> wrote: I have been using it for over a year now. I have no pro...

looking for v.92 flash for venus lucent v.90 pcmcia modem
Hi, I'm looking for a v.90 to v.92 flash upgrade for a zoltrix v.90 pcmcia fax modem. I'm not sure if it's venus lucent chip is 1mb or 2mb flash-upgradable but I recently upgraded it from the p41698 v.90 code up to the p73198a v.90 code via downloads at zoltrix's alternate website that I found through a google search. Here's all I can tell you about the modem: P/N: BFM5602-LF REG NO: 5C1TAI-32744-M5-E REN: 0.6B VER: 1.0 and below the warranty void if removed sticker, next to the FCC standards symbol is a [16] and [5V] inside these triangle-shaped areas. ...

v.92 modem
Anyone know of software that will utilize my v.92 modem. For example, notify me if someone is calling while I'm dialed into my isp? Thanks S "SL" <none@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:pan.2003.12.12.14.14.43.587839@earthlink.net > Anyone know of software that will utilize my v.92 modem. For example, > notify me if someone is calling while I'm dialed into my isp? http://qtphone.sourceforge.net/ -- use hotmail for any email replies -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in t...

v.90 to v.92 modem boosted my slow connection speed over 10 kbps
Today, September, 2004, I replaced my v.90 Lucent winmodem that came with my 1999 vintage computer, with a $7 v.92 protocol 56k dialup modem and went from a 26.4k connection to a 38.6 connection. From the beginning of v.92, I have read very few accounts of this much of a leap being possible, which is why I'm writing about it now. I AM NOT WRITING THAT EVERYONE WHO TRIES THIS WILL GET THIS MUCH INCREASE. This is just my experience. Nor should people do this right away if they've never opened the computer and changed hardware in a slot. On my old v.90 modem, I connected at ever...

Is Creative Modem Blaster V.92 USB (DE5671 Model) dial-up modem supported in Linux?
Hello. I cannot seem to get KNOPPIX v7.0.4 and Ubuntu v12.04.1 i386 live CDs to see an old Creative Modem Blaster V.92 USB (DE5671 Model) dial-up modem. It worked fine in Windows (XP SP3 to 64-bit 7) on two machines. When I plugged it in during a KNOPPIX session, dmesg detects it. Ubuntu v12.04.1 i386 live CD detects something, but can't identify it. The Linux tests were on an old Dell Dimension 8250 (512 MB of RAM) machine. KNOPPIX's dmesg showed: .... [ 113.693346] usb 4-2: new full-speed USB device number 2 usinguhci_hcd [ 118.856286] usb 4-2: New USB device fo...

AS5200 with v.92 modems?
I heard that it is possible to get v.92 modems to work on an AS5200 if someone upgrades the IOS, despite it not being supported. Is anyone familier with this? Thanks, Jeff Hi Jeff, The different AS modems: AS5200 - Microcom AS5300 - MICA AS5400 - Nextport The AS5200 doesn't go beyond 12.1 code. You may wish to investigate Cisco's Updating AS5200 Modem Firmware: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/iad/ps497/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cf30.html Sincerely, Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-...

Compatibilit� modem V. 92
Ho comprato un Compaq AMD 3.700 Mhz con installato un modem Agere V. 90. Ora, siccome qui non c'� l'ADSL ho cercato di velocizzarlo leggermente installando un modem versione 92 che dovrebbe essere un tantino pi� veloce ma purtroppo noto con stupore che il PC non parte. La ventola si incazza e qualcosa si mette a fischiare all'interno. Volevo chiedere gentilmente se qualcuno ha avuto stessi problemi e magari sapere come ha risolto se non rimettere a posto il suo modem Agere V. 90. Grazie ...

FreeBSD driver for Broadcom modem?
Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop with a built-in modem. The following info about the modem comes via the dreaded WinXP: Broadcom Corporation BCM V.92 56K modem PCI Bus: 0 Device: 31 Function: 6 Port: COM3 Max speed: 115200 (set) Diagnostics Modem Info Value: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&SUBSYS_4D6414E4&REV_01 Windows driver: 3.5.25.0 8/27/2003 I suspect that this is a so-called "winmodem" so it may not be supported under FreeBSD. But I thought I'd ask: Is a FreeBSD driver available for this or a compatible device? Anyone? Th...

536EP V.92 modem
hello, a friend of mine has a pretty old pc, its got to be 6-7 yrs old. cant work out the cpu speed but nearly 200 mgs of RAM. OS is W2K. anyway, it has this modem installed and they are trying to connect to internet, for the first time. i managed to get online (with freeserve... i'm in UK) but speed was 14.4... eeeks! i rang BT, got them to up the gain but still only got 14.4. i started to thing this modem was maybe only a 28K or some such but have done a bit of research and i think it is capable of 56K speeds? so i'd expect at least a 40k connection. i have downlo...

Internal modem on HP and Dell laptops
I'm installing SuSe 9.3 on my HP ze4365 and Dell laptops. Yast says the modem needs /dev/ttySL0, which exists on my SuSe 9.1 on my thinkpad, but not in the 9.3 initial install. I installed the smartlink package when prompted at installation time. I get "pppd[0] died : pppd options error(exit code 2)" messages. Can anyone help? ...

v.92 Modem Dialing Problems
Good afternoon, I recently installed a v.92 internal fax modem, and am having a dialing issue. After clicking 'connect' to my ISP (just a regular windows 2000 dial-up connection)...the line is opened, the usual connections sounds are made, but at exactly the time the noises SHOULD stop, the sequence starts over again (this time without dialing)...the modem repeats this cycle over and over, until it times out. Is there any way I can get the modem to actually connect? Just an fyi: Connecting to: Bell Sympatico dial-up (supports v.90, apparently) Using: Windows 2000, 20...

External v.92 Modems for OS X?
Are there any external v.92 modems that are compatible with OS X (besides Apple's new modem)? Thanks, Emily -- "If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay." Emily Jackson E-mail address altered; reply to m5comp AT fastmail DOT fm <http://home.hiwaay.net/~emilyj/missjackson.html> In article <m21wznriij.fsf@dialup-4.152.102.224.dial1.atlanta1.level3.net>, "Emily Jackson" <m5comp@fastmail.fm.munged> wrote: > Are there any external v.92 modems that are compatible with OS X > (besides Apple's new modem)? > >...

G4 Powerbook V.92 Modem question
Is anybody familiar with the V.92 "modem on hold" feature that allows notification of incoming calls while online, and how it's supported on the G4 Powerbook modem? The doc I've been able to find is a little sketchy. In the Network/Modem preferences, I have checked the "notify me of incoming calls" box. I have call-waiting with caller-id. I'm not getting notifications. I'm not sure if my ISP supports V.92. According to one webpage I found, http://www.modemsite.com/56k/v92moh.asp , even if my ISP doesn't do V.92, I should still get the notification...

modem 56k V.92 usb for linux
Hi... I am trying a modem 56k usb V.92 for linux on my laptop... Unfortunately I don't find a right model and information on the web;-( Yuo could help me? *which model of modem you advise me?* ps: excuse me for my horrid english! Daniele On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 14:10:21 +0000, Daniele Pernechele wrote: > > Hi... > I am trying a modem > 56k usb V.92 for linux on my laptop... > Unfortunately I don't find a right > model and information on the web;-( > Yuo could help me? > > *which model of modem you advise me?* > > ps: excuse me for my horrid english...

Callwaiting & USR V.92 modems
My plans are since my ISp supports multi-linking to use my regular(voice) phone line along with my computer line to gain better speeds. My voice line has callwaiting, etc. The question is can the USR modem(5886) modem be configured so when a call waiting "beep" is heard the modem hangs up so I can answer the phone call! Also, can X2 be turned off on USR modems and how. Or does it really matter... TIA ...

best v.92 modem support for W2K?
Who has the best v.92 modem support for Windows 2000? Meaning, when you have trouble with your modem, or your friend does, it's easiest to get to their website, trundle through the model numbers / diagnostics / drivers / FAQs / etc. and get the thing up and working again. I certainly hope the consensus opinion isn't US Robotics, because I think their website is abysmal. I have a lot of experience now with USR modems dying, so I've had lotsa practice trundling their site. They've got so many model numbers and it's such a PITA to figure out which modem + driver yo...

Options for replacing my Creative V.92 modem?
Once again another Creative DE5621 has died. Got a full year out of this one. It's out of warranty now and I'm just not going to do any more Creative modems at this point. They've all failed in highly similar fashion though I have to admit that thunderstorms 'could' play a role here. 1) Should I stick w/ serial or consider a USB modem? I don't have a V.92 ISP however since I only have a single phone line the ability for the v.92 to detect call waiting from an incoming call is important to me - I just have it disconnect me. Sooooo 2) What are some oth...

Voice information on network for V.92 modem
Hi there, We are investigating whether there is more and more voice signal present on the PSTN used by modem.(Europe and US/Canada) Does someone knows if the voice signal could be present during modem connections initialization or during data transmission. Such a voice signal could discontinue the function of the data modem ? According to the information we have the trend on voice presence is becoming more and more significative. thanks for your answer Pierre-Marie ...