CRUX PPC 2.6 released

CRUX PPC 2.6 is now available. It works on Apple 32bit "NewWorld" G3/G4 and Apple 64bit G5, Genesi PegasosII and Efika, Acube Sam440ep, IBM RS/6000 CHRP (604e), YDL Powerstation, IBM Intellistation POWER, and IBM pSeries RS64/POWERn.

CRUX PPC 2.6 is, as usual, released via two different installation ISO: 32bit and 64bit. The 32bit version is based on a single lib toolchain instead the 64bit one comes with a multilib toolchain. These two versions share the same ports tree.

See the download page!

--
GNU/Linux on Power Architecture
CRUX PPC - http://cruxppc.org/

acrux wrote:

> CRUX PPC 2.6 is now available. It works on Apple 32bit "NewWorld" G3/G4
> and Apple 64bit G5, Genesi PegasosII and Efika, Acube Sam440ep, IBM
> RS/6000 CHRP (604e), YDL Powerstation, IBM Intellistation POWER, and IBM
> pSeries RS64/POWERn.
>
> CRUX PPC 2.6 is, as usual, released via two different installation ISO:
> 32bit and 64bit. The 32bit version is based on a single lib toolchain
> instead the 64bit one comes with a multilib toolchain. These two versions
> share the same ports tree.
>
> See the download page!

I use a simple startup program on my OldWorld G3 Mac, it loads the kernel I
point to (stored in the Mac filesystem).  Do you know if I can successfully
boot using it?  Probably not tested, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

jerry
--
       //  Jerry Heyman           | "Congress does not draw to it's halls
      //   Amiga Forever :-)      | those who lover liberty, it draws those

Here some other users that reported us some success:
http://www.cruxppc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1139