f



Linux PowerPC on a very old PowerBook G4 1 Ghz with 512 MB of RAM?

Hello.

Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with 
Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?

Thank you in advance. :)
-- 
This worker ant will be unemployed after Friday, the 23rd, as of 
1/15/2015 @ 11 AM PST. :(
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )         If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed.
Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer.
0
Ant
1/18/2015 10:12:09 PM
comp.os.linux.powerpc 1164 articles. 0 followers. jobhunts02 (107) is leader. Post Follow

13 Replies
511 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> writes:

> Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with
> Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?

I have linux running on (i) PowerMac 7600/200 (with 450 MHz G4) and 1 GB
RAM, (ii) iBook G4 1.33 MHz with 1.5 GB RAM and (iii) PowerMac G5
dual-core 2.0 GHz with 12 GB RAM.  None exactly correspond.  The 7600 is
useful for basic web browsing, but suffers from slow memory and slow
graphics on some sites.  The iBook is fine.  Adding memory is cheap and
easy in most cases (it was for my iBook).

Here are some links for distributions (the PowerBook is classed as New
World).  The first is likely out-of-date as the site is probably not
maintained.  The DeveloperWorks site may have some useful links, but it
is focussed on IBM Power servers.

<http://penguinppc.org/about-2/distributions/>
<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/groups/service/html/
communityview?communityUuid=fe313521-2e95-46f2-817d-44a4f27eba32>

Of these the ones I know something about are commented below.

Debian is still maintained for PowerPC and works well.

Fedora is available for G4 for Fedora 16 and 17 as a secondary
architecture, possibly for later distributions.

Yellow Dog Linux has not been updated much past 2010 (YDL 6.2 was
released in 2009).

-- 
Stephen Harker                           s.harker@adfa.edu.au
PEMS                http://sjharker.customer.netspace.net.au/
UNSW@ADFA
0
Stephen
1/19/2015 6:43:17 AM
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> writes:
>Hello.
>
>Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with 
>Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?

I used to run an iBook G4 1GHz (really 1066 MHz) with IIRC 256 MB RAM
(IIRC upgraded to 1280MB some years later), and it was nicely usable,
but that was with software from the era.  I guess you can still do a
lot with 512MB these days, but if you go for the latest bloatware of
these days (inlcuding certain web sites), you may find that it has too
little CPU and too little memory.

- anton
-- 
M. Anton Ertl                    Some things have to be seen to be believed
anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at Most things have to be believed to be seen
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
0
anton
1/19/2015 4:00:39 PM
Am Sun, 18 Jan 2015 14:12:09 -0800 schrieb Ant:

> Hello.
> 
> Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with
> Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?
> 
> Thank you in advance. :)

Hello Ant,

I have worked with Linux (Debian 7) on an eMac 1,25 Ghz with 1MB RAM. As 
Desktopmanager I has used Xfce. With these set the eMac was running fast 
and stable - no issues. A little hint, take also a look on MorphOS. They 
have a special profile for older PowerMacs. An MorphOS is faster then 
Linux or OSX.
0
playforvoices
1/22/2015 3:59:04 PM
On 1/22/2015 7:59 AM, playforvoices wrote:

>> Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with
>> Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Hello Ant,
>
> I have worked with Linux (Debian 7) on an eMac 1,25 Ghz with 1MB RAM. As
> Desktopmanager I has used Xfce. With these set the eMac was running fast
> and stable - no issues. A little hint, take also a look on MorphOS. They
> have a special profile for older PowerMacs. An MorphOS is faster then
> Linux or OSX.

1 MB of RAM??? Hmm, how popular is MorphUS for Internet, etc.?
-- 
"The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant." --Indian
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )         If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed.
Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer.
0
Ant
1/22/2015 4:04:14 PM
Am Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:04:14 -0800 schrieb Ant:

> On 1/22/2015 7:59 AM, playforvoices wrote:
> 
>>> Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with
>>> Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> Hello Ant,
>>
>> I have worked with Linux (Debian 7) on an eMac 1,25 Ghz with 1MB RAM.
>> As Desktopmanager I has used Xfce. With these set the eMac was running
>> fast and stable - no issues. A little hint, take also a look on
>> MorphOS. They have a special profile for older PowerMacs. An MorphOS is
>> faster then Linux or OSX.
> 
> 1 MB of RAM??? Hmm, how popular is MorphUS for Internet, etc.?

Sorry, not 1 MB i mean 1GB ;-) For Internet you have Browser, Mail, 
Torrent. But the support of scanners and printers are terrible. 
0
playforvoices
1/22/2015 4:10:01 PM
On 1/22/2015 8:10 AM, playforvoices wrote:
> Am Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:04:14 -0800 schrieb Ant:
>
>> On 1/22/2015 7:59 AM, playforvoices wrote:
>>
>>>> Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with
>>>> Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?
>>>>
>>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>>
>>> Hello Ant,
>>>
>>> I have worked with Linux (Debian 7) on an eMac 1,25 Ghz with 1MB RAM.
>>> As Desktopmanager I has used Xfce. With these set the eMac was running
>>> fast and stable - no issues. A little hint, take also a look on
>>> MorphOS. They have a special profile for older PowerMacs. An MorphOS is
>>> faster then Linux or OSX.
>>
>> 1 MB of RAM??? Hmm, how popular is MorphUS for Internet, etc.?
>
> Sorry, not 1 MB i mean 1GB ;-) For Internet you have Browser, Mail,
> Torrent. But the support of scanners and printers are terrible.

Are those Internet softwares updated and able to handle fancy web sites? 
What videos, Flash, etc.? Bummer on printers and scanners. :(
-- 
"Is it for pleasure you were made? Not for doing, and for action? Look 
at the plants, the sparrows, the ants, spiders, bees, all doing their 
business, helping to weld the order of the world. And will you refuse 
man's part? And not run the way of nature's ordering?" --Marcus Aurelius
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )         If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed.
Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer.
0
Ant
1/22/2015 4:29:42 PM
Am Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:29:42 -0800 schrieb Ant:

> On 1/22/2015 8:10 AM, playforvoices wrote:
>> Am Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:04:14 -0800 schrieb Ant:
>>
>>> On 1/22/2015 7:59 AM, playforvoices wrote:
>>>
>>>>> Is anyone running Linux on it? If so, then is it usuable like with
>>>>> Internet usage (e.g., web surfing), etc.?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>>>
>>>> Hello Ant,
>>>>
>>>> I have worked with Linux (Debian 7) on an eMac 1,25 Ghz with 1MB RAM.
>>>> As Desktopmanager I has used Xfce. With these set the eMac was
>>>> running fast and stable - no issues. A little hint, take also a look
>>>> on MorphOS. They have a special profile for older PowerMacs. An
>>>> MorphOS is faster then Linux or OSX.
>>>
>>> 1 MB of RAM??? Hmm, how popular is MorphUS for Internet, etc.?
>>
>> Sorry, not 1 MB i mean 1GB ;-) For Internet you have Browser, Mail,
>> Torrent. But the support of scanners and printers are terrible.
> 
> Are those Internet softwares updated and able to handle fancy web sites?
> What videos, Flash, etc.? Bummer on printers and scanners. :(

The problem is, there is no recent version of a flashplayer for any ppc 
based system. On Linux you have Gnash but these will only work with some 
small flash games. If you install an old version of flashplayer you get 
the risk of a security breach. But back to your question. No, it can 
handle fancy websites but can handle videos and the software is under 
updating. 

But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take 
iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security 
I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).
0
playforvoices
1/22/2015 5:06:09 PM
....
> But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take
> iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security
> I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).

Thanks. I guess I will try all of them to pick the best. Or keep all as 
multiple boots and partitions. Heh!
-- 
"Don't even step on an ant." --Greek
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )         If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed.
Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer.
0
Ant
1/23/2015 11:03:11 PM
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> ...
>> But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take
>> iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security
>> I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).
> 
> Thanks. I guess I will try all of them to pick the best. Or keep all as
> multiple boots and partitions. Heh!

I have forget to say something about MintPPC. It's also a good Distro based
on Debian 7. On board they have special drivers for PPC Macs and some "Mint
Tools". Give them also a try. Please let me know what your final way is. ;)
0
playforvoices
1/24/2015 2:42:20 PM
On 1/24/2015 6:42 AM, playforvoices wrote:

>> ...
>>> But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take
>>> iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security
>>> I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).
>>
>> Thanks. I guess I will try all of them to pick the best. Or keep all as
>> multiple boots and partitions. Heh!
>
> I have forget to say something about MintPPC. It's also a good Distro based
> on Debian 7. On board they have special drivers for PPC Macs and some "Mint
> Tools". Give them also a try. Please let me know what your final way is. ;)
>

So, we currently have:

Debian PPC (updated)
MintPPC (updated)
MorphOS (Amiga, not Linux; updated)
Fedora v16-17 (old)
Yellow Dog Linux (old)

Any more?
-- 
"We have to break with what must be broken with once and for all... and 
we have to take the suffering upon ourselves... Freedom and power--power 
above all. Power over all the tumbling vermin and over all the 
ant-hill!" --Fedor Dostoevsky
    /\___/\         Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
   / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
  | |o   o| |
     \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
      ( )         If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed.
Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer.
0
Ant
1/25/2015 5:36:49 AM
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> On 1/24/2015 6:42 AM, playforvoices wrote:
> 
>>> ...
>>>> But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take
>>>> iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security
>>>> I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).
>>> 
>>> Thanks. I guess I will try all of them to pick the best. Or keep all as
>>> multiple boots and partitions. Heh!
>> 
>> I have forget to say something about MintPPC. It's also a good Distro based
>> on Debian 7. On board they have special drivers for PPC Macs and some "Mint
>> Tools". Give them also a try. Please let me know what your final way is. ;)
>> 
> 
> So, we currently have:
> 
> Debian PPC (updated)
> MintPPC (updated)
> MorphOS (Amiga, not Linux; updated)
> Fedora v16-17 (old)
> Yellow Dog Linux (old)
> 
> Any more?

Yes, FreeBSD 10.1 also support PPC hardware.
0
playforvoices
1/25/2015 12:09:28 PM
Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> writes:

> On 1/24/2015 6:42 AM, playforvoices wrote:
>
>>> ...
>>>> But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take
>>>> iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security
>>>> I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).
>>>
>>> Thanks. I guess I will try all of them to pick the best. Or keep all as
>>> multiple boots and partitions. Heh!
>>
>> I have forget to say something about MintPPC. It's also a good Distro based
>> on Debian 7. On board they have special drivers for PPC Macs and some "Mint
>> Tools". Give them also a try. Please let me know what your final way is. ;)
>>
>
> So, we currently have:
>
> Debian PPC (updated)
> MintPPC (updated)
> MorphOS (Amiga, not Linux; updated)
> Fedora v16-17 (old)

I did see posts from someone who said that he had upgraded a powermac to
fedora 21, but don't know how heroic an effort this was.  I think the
community releases past 17 were for power64 and apparently up to 21
would work on a G5.  There were builds of the packages for power32 or
some such.  Not something I would recommend.

> Yellow Dog Linux (old)

YDL 6.2 was built on Centos5.  You can build the Centos 5 update
packages yourself and update YDL.  Again, not something I would
recommend. 

I looked at some of the web sites in my previous post.  These are not
distributions I know much about.

Crux: http://cruxppc.org/ (community build, may be moribund).

Gentoo: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PPC/FAQ (seems to have recent
information). 

Ubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPC (updated, community builds).


-- 
Stephen Harker                           s.harker@adfa.edu.au
PEMS                http://sjharker.customer.netspace.net.au/
UNSW@ADFA
0
Stephen
1/25/2015 8:02:45 PM
Stephen Harker <sjharker@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> writes:
> 
>> On 1/24/2015 6:42 AM, playforvoices wrote:
>> 
>>>> ...
>>>>> But after trying Debian and MorphOS I finaly go back to OSX 10.5. Take
>>>>> iCab for Internet, Powermail for Mail, LimeChat for IRC and for security
>>>>> I use RootKitHunter OSX (scan for security breaches).
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks. I guess I will try all of them to pick the best. Or keep all as
>>>> multiple boots and partitions. Heh!
>>> 
>>> I have forget to say something about MintPPC. It's also a good Distro based
>>> on Debian 7. On board they have special drivers for PPC Macs and some "Mint
>>> Tools". Give them also a try. Please let me know what your final way is. ;)
>>> 
>> 
>> So, we currently have:
>> 
>> Debian PPC (updated)
>> MintPPC (updated)
>> MorphOS (Amiga, not Linux; updated)
>> Fedora v16-17 (old)
> 
> I did see posts from someone who said that he had upgraded a powermac to
> fedora 21, but don't know how heroic an effort this was.  I think the
> community releases past 17 were for power64 and apparently up to 21
> would work on a G5.  There were builds of the packages for power32 or
> some such.  Not something I would recommend.
> 
>> Yellow Dog Linux (old)
> 
> YDL 6.2 was built on Centos5.  You can build the Centos 5 update
> packages yourself and update YDL.  Again, not something I would
> recommend. 
> 
> I looked at some of the web sites in my previous post.  These are not
> distributions I know much about.
> 
> Crux: http://cruxppc.org/ (community build, may be moribund).
> 
> Gentoo: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PPC/FAQ (seems to have recent
> information). 
> 
> Ubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPC (updated, community builds).
> 


Good idea! I believe the Lubuntu community has a PPC version ready on
LiveCD. Gentoo I have tested on a PowerMac G5 but it was a lot of work to
bring them up. To cruxppc I can't tell you enything.
0
playforvoices
1/26/2015 9:27:36 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Who is using Linux on a 15" Apple PowerBook G4 1 Ghz with 512 MB of RAM?
How is it? Is it worth it with the (lat/new)est softwares? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "..., you ready for a little dumpster diving?" "Um... okay." "You know I don't mind getting my hands dirty." "I mean, maggots, wet trash, I am the first one in." "Okay, so what are you waiting for?" "Ants." (Chuckles) "Ants?" "Yes, I have got a problem with ants." "They are sneaky, and they are mobile, and when they get on you, even if you get them off..." "Okay, Calleigh, chil...

Mac OS X 10.5/Leopard on an old PowerBook (PPC) G4 1 Ghz with 512 MB of RAM & 60 GB HDD?
Hello, I have an old PowerBook G4 (PPC) with 1 Ghz CPU speed, 512 MB of RAM, and 60 GB of HDD. If I were to do a fresh clean install of Mac OS X 10.5/Leopard on it (still have 10.2.8 on it and seems fine, just old), then how will it perform? Will it be slower? Or should I just wait until I get a new Apple notebook/laptop (e.g., MacBook)? I am a heavy user who likes to run Fink stuff for X11, play hungry power games (e.g., MacMAME, Quake 3 Arena and its mods) Thank you in advance. -- "We may have no malevolent intentions toward an ant heap, but if we want to build a house on the ...

Re: Mac OS X 10.5/Leopard on an old PowerBook (PPC) G4 1 Ghz with 512 MB of RAM & 60 GB HDD?
On 10/22/2007 5:45 AM PT, Ant typed: > I have an old PowerBook G4 (PPC) with 1 Ghz CPU speed, 512 MB of RAM, > and 60 GB of HDD. If I were to do a fresh clean install of Mac OS X > 10.5/Leopard on it (still have 10.2.8 on it and seems fine, just old), > then how will it perform? Will it be slower? Or should I just wait until > I get a new Apple notebook/laptop (e.g., MacBook)? > > I am a heavy user who likes to run Fink stuff for X11, play hungry power > games (e.g., MacMAME, Quake 3 Arena and its mods) > > Thank you in advance. So, anyone running the new...

PowerBook G4: 1.67 GHz/512 MB or 1.50 GHz/1 GB???
For basically the same expenditure, which PowerBook G4 15" SuperDrive configuration will provide the best performance, a 1.67 GHz w/ standard 512 MB RAM or a 1.50 GHz upgraded to 1 GB RAM? If you had to decide, if the best-of-both-worlds 1.67 GHz plus 1 GB RAM config were not an option, which would you choose and why? Thanks... Andrew -- Andrew Shepherd cinema@ku.edu cinema@sprintpcs.com http://www.wirelesswavelength.com/ Andrew J Shepherd wrote: > > For basically the same expenditure, which PowerBook G4 15" SuperDrive > configuration will provide the...

Installing Linux on a powerpc Mac: powermac powerbook G4 mandrake 9.1 vs. gentoo PPC 1.4 vs. yellow dog 3.0.1 (yellowdog)
Forget Mandrake 9.1 for powerpc: The installer is seriously buggy. It wouldn't read the A key on my G4 powerbook nor did it have support for my video card. It couldn't even read the disk on my powermac G4. There are numerous bugs in the software and problems with partitioning. Since it is what I had first, I tried to install it a score of times before my list of workarounds ended up in a dead end with no video card support on the powerbook. Gentoo is a thing of beauty. Unfortunately, it doesn't understand the most recent firmware on my G4 powermac and yaboot couldn't mount ...

Re: Installing Linux on a powerpc Mac: powermac powerbook G4 mandrake 9.1 vs. gentoo PPC 1.4 vs. yellow dog 3.0.1 (yellowdog)
In article <pan.2003.09.26.23.02.30.376116@nospam.ns(nospam)>, Alonzo Gariepy <NOSPAM@nospam.ns(nospam)> wrote: > Forget Mandrake 9.1 for powerpc: > > Yellow Dog Linux took Red Hat 9 from the hands of its exhausted > developers and made it even nicer. It installed perfectly, first time, > on both computers. Hi Alonzo having spent the day failing to get Mandrake 9.1 onto my G4, I am ready to accept your first proposition!! So let me ask you a couple of questions about your second, as YDL2.2 and 2.3 were non-starters on an older PPC of mine. What version of...

Linux, Linux, Linux
Hi, Interested in trying Linux? Well you came to comp.os.linux.advocacy for some reason, and you probably won't stay long. Here's a list of Linux distributions to choose from. Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com Newbie friendly and good support forums. SuSE http://www.novell.com/linux Pay for some support if you're not opposed to spending a little money. Fedora Core http://fedoraproject.org If you're more comfortable with your computer, try this one out. If you get frustrated, don't give up so easy. There is a wealth of information online for whichever distro you choose....

[News] [Linux] New PowerPC with Linux Preinstalled
PowerPC CPU module runs Linux on 24VDC ,----[ Quote ] | INAT GmbH is shipping a PowerPC-based PC/104 CPU module that | targets industrial applications requiring 24VDC power. The board | is based on a 266MHz AMCC 405EP processor and includes RAM and | flash memory, and Ethernet and serial ports, and comes with Linux | 2.4.25 pre-installed. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8072583364.html ...

PowerBook G4 1 Ghz's SuperDrive only sees 650 MB on my 700 MB CD-Rs?
Hi. I just burned some files to TDK 700 MB blank CD-Rs. However, I noticed Finder says there is only 660 MB free. Is this right? I understand that there might be cluster size issue, but 40 MB loss is huge. I am using MacOS X 10.2.8 on my PowerBook G4 1 Ghz. I use Finder to copy files and burn them. Did I miss something or is this normal? Thank you in advance. -- "Remember, ants are only waiting for you to die..." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx | |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or philpi@apu.eduANT \ _...

I have Linux! I have Linux!
Ok, after two days of trying to get Windos 1900 installed and working , I sat down an hour ago and installed Linux. In an hour. Smirk. Ok, I will be honest. I did have some problems, but I believe they were of my own ignorance. 0) I started with trying to install Suse. However, I couldn't get it to install. Why? Because I didn't read the menu. There is a startup menu and the first entry is boot to harddisk. I thought that was the thing to do so I did it about 4 times. Then I gave up. However, I went back to it and subsequently realized that I should have chosen the 2nd men...

Why linux is linux
We don't destroy, we create. We don't imitate, we build. We are not a network, we are a personal OS. -- http://www.texeme.com Hi John, Attempting to Speak for Linux, You wrote: << We don't destroy, we create. We don't imitate, we build. We are not a network, we are a personal OS. >> Linux is more like this: << Like everything else, we consume and are consumed. We exchange ideas with everyone, to the point where it's almost impossible to track. We are artisans, not mass producers. >> Jeff Relf wrote: > Linux is mo...

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

FA: (SYD) Apple POWERBOOK G4 12", 1 GHz, 1.25GB RAM, SuperDrive DVD-RW
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8750499276 ...

Web resources about - Linux PowerPC on a very old PowerBook G4 1 Ghz with 512 MB of RAM? - comp.os.linux.powerpc

PowerBook 180 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The PowerBook 180 is a portable computer released by Apple Computer, Inc. along with the PowerBook 160 in October 1992. At the time, it constituted ...

MacBook Pro Retina 13inch and PowerBook 100 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2012 - MacBook Pro Retina 13inch 1991 - PowerBook 100 (Assembly by Sony) support.apple.com/kb/SP141

Apple PowerBook, BlackBerry and Suburu Outback: How brand names are created - Business News - Business ...
BRAND names don&#8217;t just happen to exist. Someone has to find the perfect name to fit the product and distinguish it from its competitors. ...

Apple PowerBook, BlackBerry and Suburu Outback: How brand names are created
BRAND names don&#8217;t just happen to exist. Someone has to find the perfect name to fit the product and distinguish it from its competitors. ...

PowerBook G4 - 9to5Mac
I took Twelve South’s BookBook for Air for an extensive spin through a bunch of everyday usage scenarios and in various urban and Mediterranean ...

Apple - Press Info - Apple Introduces New 15-inch PowerBook
APPLE EXPO, PARIS—September 16, 2003—Apple® today introduced the all-new 15-inch PowerBook® G4, offering an unrivaled mix of power and portability ...

Apple recalls 1.8M iBook and PowerBook G4 batteries
Apple Computer on Thursday recalled 1.8 million notebook batteries used in its previous generation iBook and PowerBook G4 notebooks because they ...

15-inch Aluminum PowerBook G4
... for months, the successor to Apple's landmark … On September 16th, Apple introduced the long-awaited successor to its 15-inch Titanium PowerBook. ...

1995 - PowerBook 5300
View The evolution of Apple products photos in CBS News' The evolution of Apple products photo gallery

Apple polishes iBook, PowerBook lines
... by Joe Wilcox, Staff Writer, CNET News.com. Published on October 16, 2001 8:55 AM PDT. Apple Computer, as expected, updated its iBook and PowerBook ...

Resources last updated: 1/26/2016 2:26:26 AM