Canon PIXMA iP2600 (printer)

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there was any word on when a driver will be developed
for this printer.  I just bought this printer but it (obviously) only
comes with Windows and Mac drivers.  I checked the CUPS website and
couldn't find anything.  The printer is recognized by my Fedora 10
machine as I do have it physically setup properly with the USB and power
cables.

Thanks if anyone can help!

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=16278
0
asdasdas
2/18/2009 10:23:23 PM
comp.os.linux.redhat 3518 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi :)

Check this link and you'll find the linux drivers for this printer:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/P/search?model=PIXMA+iP2680&menu=download&filter=0&ca_os=Linux

Regards.
0
Tentyris
2/18/2009 10:40:04 PM
Tenyris, I appreciate your help!  I just printed a test page and it
looks wonderful!

The weird thing was though that I installed the RPM's (both the common
and driver packages) and neither did anything.  So I downloaded the
source and just configured the printer with the canonip2600.ppd file.

Anyhoo, thanks again and if there's anything I can help you with that I
know, post a reply and I'll see what I can do.

Have a great day!

Tentyris wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> Check this link and you'll find the linux drivers for this printer:
>
> http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/P/search?model=PIXMA+iP2680&menu=download&filter=0&ca_os=Linux
>

> Regards.
0
asdasdas