FC3 And HP Printer Drivers.

Hi peoples ,

I am going to up grade my old printer to a multi function printer/scanner /
copier for my dual boot system of Win 98 and FC3.

Does anybody know if I can get any Linux drivers for the :

HP PSC 1610 all-in-one printer
http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/10_38_77_3804_Q5587A.html

HP PSC 1410 All-in-One Printer
http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/10_38_77_4220_Q7290A.html

At the moment , I am leaning towards getting the HP PSC 1610 because of the
faster printing/copying and better resolution.

Thanks.

--
------------------------------------
True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

Sandgroper
------------------------------------
Remove KNICKERS to Email
steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

0
Sandgroper
10/24/2005 10:52:00 AM
comp.os.linux.redhat 3518 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Sandgroper wrote:

> Hi peoples ,
>
> I am going to up grade my old printer to a multi function printer/scanner
> / copier for my dual boot system of Win 98 and FC3.
>
> Does anybody know if I can get any Linux drivers for the :
>
> HP PSC 1610 all-in-one printer
> http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/10_38_77_3804_Q5587A.html
>
> HP PSC 1410 All-in-One Printer
> http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/10_38_77_4220_Q7290A.html
>
> At the moment , I am leaning towards getting the HP PSC 1610 because of
> the faster printing/copying and better resolution.

Yep, in fact HP is one of the better supporters of Linux printers;

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1400
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1600

Lenard
10/24/2005 11:41:18 AM
"Lenard" <lenard@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> Yep, in fact HP is one of the better supporters of Linux printers;
>
> http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1400
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1600

Thanks for the links .

It's good to know that there are Linux drivers for the HP printers.
I wasn't sure whether there would be any drivers for the HP-PSC 1610 because
I think it's a fairly new model and I am still running FC3.

It looks like I will be getting a new printer by the end of the week.
:)

--
------------------------------------
True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

Sandgroper
------------------------------------
Remove KNICKERS to Email
steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

0
Sandgroper
10/24/2005 3:06:14 PM
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:06:14 +0800, Sandgroper wrote this:

> "Lenard" <lenard@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>

>> Yep, in fact HP is one of the better supporters of Linux printers;
>>
>> http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1400
>> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1600
>>

> Thanks for the links .
>
> It's good to know that there are Linux drivers for the HP printers. I
> wasn't sure whether there would be any drivers for the HP-PSC 1610 because
> I think it's a fairly new model and I am still running FC3.
>
> It looks like I will be getting a new printer by the end of the week.
> :)

I replaced my LexMark Z54 with a HP PSC1410 because the Z54 ink dried up
every 5 days.  I've been using the HP psc1300 series drivers without
problem.

BTW I picked the 1410 over a 1510(?) because the 1410 cartridges cost $10
less than the 1510 and $20 less than a Z54 cartridge (NTM scanning and
copier).

0
noi
10/26/2005 4:02:04 PM
"noi" <noi@siam.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:06:14 +0800, Sandgroper wrote this:
>

> > "Lenard" <lenard@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> >

> >> Yep, in fact HP is one of the better supporters of Linux printers;
> >>
> >> http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/
> >>
> >> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1400
> >> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1600
> >>

> > Thanks for the links .
> >
> > It's good to know that there are Linux drivers for the HP printers. I
> > wasn't sure whether there would be any drivers for the HP-PSC 1610
because
> > I think it's a fairly new model and I am still running FC3.
> >
> > It looks like I will be getting a new printer by the end of the week.
> > :)
>
> I replaced my LexMark Z54 with a HP PSC1410 because the Z54 ink dried up
> every 5 days.  I've been using the HP psc1300 series drivers without
> problem.
>
> BTW I picked the 1410 over a 1510(?) because the 1410 cartridges cost $10
> less than the 1510 and $20 less than a Z54 cartridge (NTM scanning and
> copier).

Thanks for the info.
I did  a bit more research and checked out the HP PSC 1410 , 1510 and 1610
and from the spec sheets , it looks like the 1610 is the better one to get ,
faster printing/copying  and higher scan resolution.

Added to the fact that the 1610 is on special at the moment for $Aus 168 in
a local Australian electronics store ( Dick Smith ) while the normal price
is somewhere around $Aus 199 .

So it looks like I will be getting the HP PSC 1610 in a few days time and by
the looks of it , I will be able to use the 1600 series drivers.

--
------------------------------------
True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

Sandgroper
------------------------------------
Remove KNICKERS to Email
steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

0
Sandgroper

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

Redhat Linux 8 and Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 printer not configure
Hi, I have configure print server in RHEL 4 Desktop and onther samba and squid server configure in Redhat Linux 8. So, i would like to configure printer RHEL 4 to Linux 8, and then connect with samba client used the every client RHEL 4 printer(Laserjet). I have allready configure linux8 side used (Remotly Network)LPD printer setting. I have set same printer queue name(RHEL 4 Printer Queue name) and same driver select both side. but when i show printer set in Linux 8 side the command run `lpq' then messeage show the "connection port open" and "can not connect". I don`...

Installing a Linux printer driver on OS X?
The Samsung SCX-4100 multifunction printer/scanner does not have a Mac driver. But a Linux driver does exist. The download link is here: http://tinyurl.com/bcl3n Is there any hope of getting the Linux driver working under OS X? Or is that like apples to taste like oranges? Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group In article <0001HW.BF511CCE0003058AF02845B0@news.readfreenews.net>, DaveC <me@privacy.net>...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

OS X driver support for HP 2500C printer?
HP does not show an OS X driver for the HP 2500C Professional Series ink jet printer. Does OS X include support for this printer under CUPS? Or maybe under a SourceForge project? Where can I find out supported printers under OS X? For the SourceForge driver project? Thanks, -- DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group DaveC wrote: > HP does not show an OS X driver for the HP 2500C Professional Series ink jet > printer. > > Does OS X include support for this printer under CUPS? Or maybe under a > SourceForge project? &...

HP Deskjet 6122 printer with RISC OS driver for sale
I have one of the above printers surplus to my requirements which is now for sale on ebay. The printer is in good working order, comes complete with all the original manuals, driver CD, carton, mains plus USB cables and I can of course include one of my RISC OS drivers with it. To find out more check the ebay listing detailed below or email me via the address on my website. Ebay listing can be found at: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110020294822 Regards, Jonathan Briggs http://www.jbriggs.co.uk/index.html ...

[Tiger] Printer shared via CUPS/Linux / It works but not with the HP driver
Hello everybody, I've recently bought an HP Photosmart D7360 printer. This printer (USB), is connected to a linux box (Openfiler, based on linux rPath) and shared via CUPS. I managed to install this printer on my Mac (using ipp). Unfortunately, while installing it as an IP printer I cannot see the exact model in the drop-down list used to configure the model/type of the printer. (This is the list I'm referring to http://www.bc.edu/offices/help/meta-elements/gif/tiger_ipprinting.gif ) I tried to install the printer locally and loaded the HP driver, it works fine, but ...

RISC OS driver for the HP Deskjet 9300 (A3 capable) printer
A RISC OS driver is now available for the just released HP Deskjet 9300 printer. This printer will probably replace the Deskjet 1220 as HP's main A3 capable inkjet. The driver provides settings to allow either full colour or grey scale printing at both 300 and 600dpi. Specific settings are provided for a variety of media types and print qualities. An appropriate icon bar symbol, which resembles the 9300, is provided. The driver package also includes appropriate palette files and a 'toolkit'. The driver should work reliably with RISC OS 4 and Printers version 1.64 or later. Use w...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

HP Deskjet 450 Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.8.3 (Mountain/Mt. Lion)?
Hello. Where can I get the correct driver for this almost decade old HP Deskjet 450 printer driver? 13.3" MacBook Pro (2012) Mac OS X 10.8.3 doesn't seem to find the proper driver (currently gives me generic PCL driver) and I cannot find one for this version online. Mac OS X doesn't let me view my ink status/supply levels, colors in printouts, etc. It uses driver v1.5 for USB connection. HP.com web site shows three different models for 450 and I have no idea which one it is. Serial number is c8111a and manufactured on 6/10/2003 in Singapore. FYI, the printer...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how man...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how ma...

Web resources about - FC3 And HP Printer Drivers. - comp.os.linux.redhat

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Prusa I3 is a DIY 3D printer you can actually afford
Imagine drawing an image and having transformed into a full 3D model? That's what a 3D printer can do for you. The Hictop Prusa I3 3D Desktop ...