Gnome Pilot 2.0 not syncing Palm M515 using USB cradle Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3

Hello

   I have successfully synched using this pilot / cradle / PC
(ThinkPad T21) combination using Chapura conduits running under
Windows XP Pro - so all the hardware is fine.

   I have just run the gnome pilot configuration applet.

   I have a USB cradle and have tried various dev/pilot settings.

    When I press the HotSync button on the cradle - no application in
Linux responds.

  I DO see the messages below in dmesg - so some activity is certainly
going on - but have I missed a step to get the sync to write any thing
to the PC?

Messages from dmesg follow:

usbcore: registered new driver visor
drivers/usb/serial/visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor / Palm OS driver v2.1
usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 4
visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB0
visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB1
visor 1-1.2:1.0: device disconnected
usb 1-1.2: new full speed USB device using address 5
usbserial 1-1.2:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 1-1.2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to
ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
usb 1-1.2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to
ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)
usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 5
visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB0
visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB1
usbserial 1-1.2:1.0: device disconnected

Thanks

Clive
0
clive_long
7/17/2004 9:12:06 AM
comp.os.linux.redhat 3518 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

clive_long@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) wrote in message news:<2b77647f.0407170112.b62573c@posting.google.com>...
> Hello
>
>    I have successfully synched using this pilot / cradle / PC
> (ThinkPad T21) combination using Chapura conduits running under
> Windows XP Pro - so all the hardware is fine.
>
>    I have just run the gnome pilot configuration applet.

<< cut >>

Success : I changed the device parameter in the Gnome Pilot 2.0
configuration screen to ttyUSB1 and the synchronisation started.

When I pressed the cradle sync button, the Palm userid was
successfully detected.
The gnome pilot progress dialog showed.

However, only one out of four synchronisation attempts completed
successfully.

The successful synchronisation wrote Palm records to the Calender and
contacts in Ximian / Evolution.

What error diagnostic logs are there in Gnome Pilot so I can post them
to this group?

Thanks

Clive
0