Install cygwin by selecting 'select all' options - CYGWIN - Kindly Note This !!

Hi,
Why is the cygwin installion like this --> skip by default and we have
to go and select every required tool.

Why dont they keep the 'select all' option
Or
something similar to normal Redhat Installation that quries
(Desktop/Server/Minimal/Full/etc...)

Going and selecting the things we need and sometimes we miss some
utilities and this causes problems....(we have to update it once again
friends).i think many would have faced it.

The Cygwin Installation method is Gooood, But needs some more features
to get going on easily for guys who have little time to select every
package .

CYGWIN,,,,, KINDLY NOTE THIS !!!!
or
IS THERE SOMETHING LIKE HIDDEN TRICKS IN CYGWIN INSTALLATION ??

Regards,
karthik bala guru
0
bluekarthik
8/13/2004 4:33:03 AM
comp.os.linux.redhat 3518 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

it is set up by default to only install those items needed to SSH into
another system.  So for newbies, it is easier for them not to have to
install all the packages or have to select the packages needed for ssh.
Yes, they should have an install option but I don't know how many people
would actually want a complete Cygwin install...

karthik bala guru wrote:
> Hi,
> Why is the cygwin installion like this --> skip by default and we have
> to go and select every required tool.
>
> Why dont they keep the 'select all' option
> Or
> something similar to normal Redhat Installation that quries
> (Desktop/Server/Minimal/Full/etc...)
>
> Going and selecting the things we need and sometimes we miss some
> utilities and this causes problems....(we have to update it once again
> friends).i think many would have faced it.
>
> The Cygwin Installation method is Gooood, But needs some more features
> to get going on easily for guys who have little time to select every
> package .
>
> CYGWIN,,,,, KINDLY NOTE THIS !!!!
> or
> IS THERE SOMETHING LIKE HIDDEN TRICKS IN CYGWIN INSTALLATION ??
>
> Regards,
> karthik bala guru

0
Mike