O.T. What's the right forum to ask general purpose linux Q's ==> Like "How do I launch an internet browser from a linux box?"

I am just getting into linux. Sorry for the newbie Q's.

But I really do need to stop running back 'n forth
between linux & window$ box just to google for
something when I need to. I'm ready to make the
transition from windoze to linux and need to learn
how to do the routine tasks I'm already familiar with
in window$ platform.

I've been told this is the group for security questions
only. I understand that, and will make every effort to
air my Q's in the appropriate groups. Thank-you.
0
MLH
3/23/2005 3:49:36 PM
comp.os.linux.security 2854 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:49:36 -0500, MLH wrote:
> I am just getting into linux. Sorry for the newbie Q's.

Other people's Free advice:
http://livinginternet.com/u/ua.htm      <--- Advanced Usenet Usage
http://tgos.org/newbie/rules.html       <--- Good Usenet etiquette

and do bookmark this very large, Frequently Asked Questions (faq) search engine
key words(s)	in the first box
*linux*			in Newsgroup box. You need to use the two
			asterisks around linux, pick English

General linux question news groups
alt.linux
comp.os.linux