Canon PIXMA iP4000

I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone
set it up sucessfully?
I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box.

0
hyperfusion
4/30/2005 12:17:13 AM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has
>anyone
> set it up sucessfully?
> I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box.

Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA
to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that
might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux"

They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien"
command for portage?

HTH,
Gernot

0
Gernot
5/2/2005 8:49:27 AM
hyperfusion wrote:

> I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone
> set it up sucessfully?
> I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box.

Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de  I use all the time and
just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every
printer out there.
0
Edwin

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 #2
Greetings I see that the Canon PIXMA iP4000 is starting to come into stock at Dabs (UK) http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quicklinx=3F1B Martin ©¿©¬ ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 questions
Greetings Anyone got/use the Canon PIXMA iP4000 Any pros-cons Martin ���� ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 in the UK
Greetings I see that the Canon PIXMA iP4000 is starting to come into stock at Dabs (UK) http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quicklinx=3F1B Martin ©¿©¬ ...

Canon Pixma IP4000 versus S820
Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!) TIA Gelf Gelf wrote: >Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to >get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs >The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering >if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared >to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't >really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!) > >TIA Gelf > > It prints terrific photos. The ip4000 is much quieter, and yes you will notice improved photo printing. Disc printing is a breeze, also with excellent quality. "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message news:4727815pb3326g7gjqhi9gkqs666dml936@4ax.com... > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared > to the S820: I don'...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

epson r300 or canon pixma ip4000
ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter printing, can people give me first hand views on either the epson r300 or canon pixma ip4000 have read some online reviews but they all seem to love different ones. also what company do you use for you compatables thanks in advance On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:07:10 GMT, "Rev Dr Mark" <Rev_Dr_Mark@blueyonder.co.ukDEVIL> wrote: >ok i need a printer for cd/dvd printing , a few photos and general letter >printing, > >can people give me first hand views on either the epso...

Canon Pixma IP4000 ink refills
My son has a Canon Pixma IP4000 and we are looking for cheap refills. I use bulk refills for my Epson CX8400 from cisinks.com but they don't have them for the IP4000. I am pleased with the bulk refills and hope someone can direct us to a place where they have the same type ink refill for the Canon Pixma IP4000 Thanks for any help. John On Mar 30, 4:41=A0pm, thewiz <jwelles...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > My son has a Canon Pixma IP4000 and we are looking for cheap refills. > I use bulk refills for my Epson CX8400 from cisinks.com but they don't ha= ve > them for...

Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?
Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. Any help appreciated. Thanks "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:v3flu0559kqocmk7j4r01ksqlqs46t731q@4ax.com... > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried > a ...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. ...

Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the computer? Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? MB "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:Ub%Md.27731$0Y5.20412@fe06.lga... > We recently got this printer and we like it. We are new to digital > cameras/printing, so we have some elementary questions: > > Question: how will we know when one of the cartridges is empty? Will the > printer flash and indicate which cartridge? Will it indicate on the > computer? > > Also, when replacing the cartridge, I see there are 2 black cartridges: > BCI-3EBK and BCI-6BK. What are the differences between the two. I assume if > one goes, we have to replace it with the same cartridge. Correct? > > Finally, any thoughts on replacement brands. Should we use the far cheaper > compatibles or stay with the Canon brand? > > MB The first black is Canon's idea of Pigmented b...

Canon PIXMA ip4000. Duplex printing.
Hi. I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. black) it is printed as solid. When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function everything looks standard. Please help me to solve this problem. Best regards. Bye. Zebbik wrote: > Hi. > > I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. > Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. > > When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black > text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. > Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on > purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. > black) it is printed as solid. > > When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like > in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function > everything looks standard. > > P...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 duplex printing
Greetings I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in relation to the 1st Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ? Martin ©¿©¬ <Martin @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message news:j8pnl05qs6lqr3m3l269i459rgm879aghc@4ax.com... > Greetings > > I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) > Trouble is that when printed and folde...

canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000
sumber diambil dari http://printer-resetter.blogspot.com http://resettercanon.blogspot.com http://canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000 cache:odMImodLnt0J:www.canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com/service/ reset.html-reset-canon-i250 free-download-best-software-resetter- printer mereset-ip-1000 pixmaip1000 reset-printer free-download- software-canon-pixma-ip1000 panduan-servis-canon-ip1000 download- Resetter-Printer-Canon-Sekarang-Juga download-Resetter-Printer-Canon- Sekarang-Juga download-software-canon-pixma-iP100 canon-pixma-10...

Linux, Linux, Linux

linux & canon pixma ip3000 printer
My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from korganizer) and the likes. The information about canon printers ...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "St...

No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux
Canon does not have linux driver for pixma ip3000 printer. I tried i250 driver but it didn't work. When I ask for a test page nothing happens: the printer's light starts blinking, but no page came out. Is there a workaround? Is there a open source linux driver for Canon pixma ip3000 printer? ...

Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges?
Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges. What would be a good price for them. I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site. MB "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:uvWRd.1857$SV4.715@fe06.lga... > Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges. > > What would be a good price for them. > > I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be > a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site. > > MB And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily do online - just look up a few discount computer stores. Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance if you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use one of the black ink tanks. On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:48:54 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote: >Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges. > >What would be a good price for them. > >I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a >good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site. > Hundreds of retailers and price lists : google...

re: Canon Pixma IP4000 cartridge query
> In article PC Medic says... >> >> "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message >> news:MPG.1c7bccd93dc33179898b9@news.xtra.co.nz... >> > In article PC Medic says... >> >> If your 'compatibles' have the prism then they are 'Refills' not >> >> compatibles >> >> as the cartridge design with the prism is patented by Canon and not >> >> licensed >> >> to anyone. >> >> >> > there are carts with modified design to sidestep the patent issue ...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Web resources about - Canon PIXMA iP4000 - comp.os.linux.setup

Flickr: Martini DK
I'd like to thank the *Generous Comments* group for choosing me as "Photographer of the week" in week 44 2006. I've been taking photos for a ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

Canon's PIXMA printers
Press releases always amuse us. The smug satisfaction thatthis product will finally be the one to fix all your woes, thisprinter will be the ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Printer Support
Printer Support - Support Forum for printers, scanners and multi function devices

My MacBook fan was roaring. Why?
The MacBook sounded like a jet engine. Fan running full blast. I figured out what was wrong, but it took longer than it should have. I wonder ...

Canon Ink Cartridges cheap Canon printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges
Buy cheap Canon Ink Cartridges from Cartridge Save.Canon Free delivery on printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges

Site Map
Office Mojo

Conference Telephone - Polycom Conferance Phone - Konftel Conferance
We supply Business Telephone Systems, Office Phone Systems, Nortel Meridian Norstar Telephone system, BT Versatility Phone Systems, BCM50 IP ...