configure problems

hi all:

My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with this
topic enough.. Iv just
upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled on new system - version 9.  Now,
back in ver 7, I was
simply able to run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper... now in
ver 9, configure
seems to be missing... i.e. $configure  configure: command not found.

is it hidding somewhere?  any  help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Richard

0
Morrison
10/10/2004 10:03:47 PM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Hello

Morrison (<lycergic2003@hotmail.com>) wrote:

> My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with
> this topic enough.. Iv just upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled
> on new system - version 9.

That version is actually quite old already. Is there still support for
RH9? Maybe you want to switch to Fedora Core 2 or 3.

> Now, back in ver 7, I was simply able to
> run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper...
> now in ver 9, configure seems to be missing... i.e. $configure
> configure: command not found.
>
> is it hidding somewhere?  any  help would be greatly appriciated.

configure is not a system program, it comes with the source code. You
should be able to call it using

../configure

(perhaps the current directory is not in the PATH). Maybe the source
code does not have a configure script. Check the documentation, like
the README and/or INSTALL files.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976
http://www.andreas-janssen.de/debian-tipps.html
0
Andreas
10/10/2004 9:10:43 PM
In article <4169a0b0@news.sentex.net>, Morrison wrote:

>My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with this
>topic enough.. Iv just upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled on new
>system - version 9.  Now, back in ver 7,

Version 7... 9...  That could be Mandrake, Red Hat, SuSE, or even
Slackware, all of which are quite different.

>I was simply able to run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper...

"configure" is usually a shell script located in the build directory of
applications. For example

[compton ~]$ locate configure
/hubble/incoming/downloads/arping-1.06/arping-2/configure
/hubble/incoming/downloads/libpcap-0.8.2/configure
/hubble/new/ppp-2.4.2/configure
/hubble/new/ppp-2.4.2/pppd/plugins/radius/radiusclient/configure
[compton ~]$

I would be somewhat surprised to see a distribution having such a
command, so would you clarify that a bit further?

>now in ver 9, configure seems to be missing... i.e. $configure
>configure: command not found.

Often, that means that the current directory isn't in your PATH (as
root, it should NEVER be, and an ordinary user might get a nasty
surprise if the current directory is in the PATH, and writable by
others).  Does 'ls configure' show the file?  Is it executable by
you?

[compton /hubble/new/ppp-2.4.2]$ ls -l configure
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         5081 Nov  9  2002 configure
[compton /hubble/new/ppp-2.4.2]$

To run this command, I would need to type

  ./configure

>is it hidding somewhere?

Might be in plain sight.

I see you also posted this same article to "comp.os.linux.help",
"comp.os.linux.redhat" and "alt.os.linux".  First, please do not
multi-post (posting the same article SEPARATELY to multiple news
groups. If you really must post to more than one group (something
that is _rarely_ required), put all of the groups into the
Newsgroups: header separated by commas. That way, people  only have
to download one copy.    Seconds, point your news tool at
news.announce.newgroups, news.groups, or news.lists.misc  and see the
post "List of Big Eight Newsgroups" to find a list of valid newsgroups.
"comp.os.linux.help" was renamed "comp.os.linux.misc" back in 1994 -
though some news admins _still_ haven't gotten the word.
"comp.os.linux.redhat" has never been a valid newsgroup.

        Old guy
0
ibuprofin

./configure problem (linux)
Trying to compile MyODBC on my RH 9 system. Running ./configure with directions given to mysql/lib, mysql/include, mysql/src I get the following error: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lmysqlclient -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lz 1>&5 /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_malloc.o)(.text+0x28): In function `my_malloc': : undefined reference to `errno' /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_realloc.o)(.text+0x65): In function `my_realloc': : undefined reference to `errno' /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_lib.o)(.text+0x2e1): In function `my_dir': : und...

configure problem with scilab5 (linux x86_64)
here is the relevant part of the output of configure, with the options --with-tk-library=/usr/lib64 and --with-tcl-library=/usr/lib64. There is no difference without them. ************************************************************************************ checking for header file tcl.h... found in /usr/include checking if tcl is version 8.4 or later... (8.4) yes checking for tcl library tcl8.4... found /usr/lib64/libtcl8.4.so using -L/usr/lib64 -ltcl8.4 checking for Tcl_DoOneEvent in -ltcl8.4... yes checking for header file tk.h... found in /usr/include checking if tk is version 8.4 or later... (8.4) yes checking for tk library tk8.4... found /usr/lib64/libtk8.4.so using -L/usr/lib64 -ltk8.4 checking for Tk_BindEvent in -ltk8.4... no found /usr/lib/libtk8.4.so using -L/usr/lib -ltk8.4 checking for Tk_BindEvent in -ltk8.4... (cached) no found /usr/lib64/libtk8.4.so using -L/usr/lib64 -ltk8.4 checking for Tk_BindEvent in -ltk8.4... (cached) no configure: error: header file tk.h has been found for 8.4* but no corresponding tk library (libtk8.4.so) ************************************************************************************* Of course I do have libtk8.4.so: here is the corresponding part of configure's output for scilab4.1.2 on the same machine: checking for header file tcl.h... found in /usr/include checking if tcl is version 8.4 or later... (8.4) yes checking for tcl library tcl8.4... found /usr/lib64/libtcl8.4.so using -L/usr/l...

OS-9 ISP setup problems
Hello, At work I am trying to install OS-9 3.0.3 and ISP 2.1 on a Motorola MVME 162 CPU. I am experiencing difficulties in getting the network up and running in a diskless environment. I can boot OS-9 from network but if I try to use networking commands from inside the booted OS-9 via terminal I am having problems. For example: mbinstall gives an error 237 when trying to install sysmbuf. iestat displays a few lines of results but when it tries to make a getstat to the driver's static storage area it ends in an error 246 (no such device). After ispstart <>>>/nil tel...

problems in linux install and hardware configuration
I have installed Red Hat Linux 4.0 Enterprise AS Problems: It is unable to detect any devices or hardwares even after installin latest driver and bios upgrades from intel. it has not detected devices like onboard nic , sound card, graphics , and even my second hard drive My system configuration Intel chipset 945g intel D945gnt desktop board.(not all on board controllers like nic , sound etc.. detected) 512mb ddr2 ram 80 gb sata hard drive(not detected). mouse , key brd(detected) and two ide drive 1:cd drive(detected) 2: ATA hard drive (linux installed on it).(detected). Thanking and anticipating a help o n this regards Prashant. another prob as i have already mentioned i have two hard drive (not partions 2 seperate hard drive one Ata and other SATA). although i cannot detect sata hard drive on my system . I can not change the boot sequence on my sys bios. and my linux hard drive boots 1st n sata second . though booth hard drive bootable i have win xp os on my second hard drive , i would like to have option menu so that i can chose between the 2 os . please help .............. "prashant" <meetprashant007@gmail.com> wrote in news:1152601641.193846.294180@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > > another prob as i have already mentioned i have two hard drive (not > partions 2 seperate hard drive one Ata and other SATA). although i > cannot detect sata hard drive on my system . I can not change the boot > sequence on my ...

Linux to Linux Fileshare Problem
I have two old desktops both running Ubuntu Linux, I also have an XP laptop all working behind a draytek 2600 router. Samba is set up on both Linux machines, my XP machine can access both Linux machines and both Linux machines can access the XP laptop. Problem is neither Linux machine can view the other's files. If from either Linux machine I connect to the network it shows the other Linux machine, clicking on the networked Linux machine it then lists the shared directories but if I click on the directories a window opens requesting a username, domain and password. The username shows my Linux machine username, the domain shows the WORKGROUP name and the password field is blank. I have tried numerous options but cannot open the shared directories. Geoff Lane Geoff Lane wrote: > I have two old desktops both running Ubuntu Linux, I also have an XP > laptop all working behind a draytek 2600 router. > > Samba is set up on both Linux machines, my XP machine can access both > Linux machines and both Linux machines can access the XP laptop. > > Problem is neither Linux machine can view the other's files. If from > either Linux machine I connect to the network it shows the other Linux > machine, clicking on the networked Linux machine it then lists the > shared directories but if I click on the directories a window opens > requesting a username, domain and password. > > The username shows my Linux machine username, the do...

installing wxWidgets under linux: setup.h is a problem...
Hi, I am rather new... I finally managed to get kdevelop working, and I installed wxWidgets in two ways : 1) locally by compiling it, and now my wx-config --prefix is /home/ bletry/wxWidgets/ (it is the wxX11 version) 2) wxGTK via rpm (using yum). Under kdevelop I created their "hello world" wxWidgets which first could not find wx/wx.h, which I solved by a ln -s wx-2.6/wx wx, but now it tells me : /usr/include/wx/platform.h:190:22: wx/setup.h : No such file or directory. Apparently, platform.h wants to find a setup.h that is not included in the rpm, but should come whe...

Geforce4 linux setup problem, help needed
Audience: Me, a Linux newby. 10yrs under M$ from dos to xp(ugh) Specs: AMD 2700XP 1 gig PC2700 RAM Epox EP-8RDA + w/ Nforce2 chipset Adaptec 29160n controller 17gig Maxtor SCSI hd. Sound blaster Live Platinum Nvidia Geforce 4 w/256meg on board. MAG Innovision 19" monitor I am attempting to install Redhat Linux 9 Shrike ISO's. After using the default setup options Anaconda will initialize and probe for Video, Monitor and mouse. It detects a VESA driver generic for the video card. Unkown monitor and Generic wheel mouse. Then: "Attempting to start Xserver 1...2...3... a log is supposed to be generated but I can't find it anywhere. Screen goes blank and monitor shutsdown. I hope this was a coherent posting of what I am facing and that I have provided sufficient information, if more is needed I will be happy to provide it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Todd Robinette wrote: > I hope this was a coherent posting of what I am facing and that I have > provided sufficient information, if more is needed I will be happy to > provide it. > > Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. ..... jump to runlevel 3. make a note of all your h/w specs, to include your monitor's vert/horiz frequency ranges and execute the "xf86config" utility and answer appropriately. restart xfree and you should be fine .. -- /// Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydi...

Problem configuring monta vista linux kernel
Hello friends, I am working on a project which has the short term goal of porting Monta Vista Embedded Linux on a Intel PXA board (having ARM core). I am facing the problem at the initial stage itself. I have installed the Monta vista Linux on Windows platform. When i try to do make oldconfig (as per the kernel build guide) it shows the warning /bin/sh: line 1: xscale_le-gcc: command not found. Although make oldconfig is successful. After that i try to do make dep which gives me following error 720922@infva02366 /mykernel $ make dep /bin/sh: line 1: xscale_le-gcc: command not fo...

Linux Target Image Builder (ltib) configuration problem
I'm working on a custom board that requries a change to the memory map as laid out for a supported board (mcf5485evb). I can see in the sources and the configuration files where the memory locations are set but the ltib menu does not give access to these settings. Changing them in the configuration or source files just results in the ltib over writing those changes prior to performing the build. I want to do this correctly with the tool. REALLY FRUSTRATING. DOCUMENTATION SUCKS EGGS!! I know there's a way to do this it's not clear how. Any help much appreciated.... O...

Problems with Linux NIS and Mac OS 10.4
Hey folks, So I gave up on LDAP today after looking at the rather lengthy description. Having had some experience with NIS I figured it would take me less time. I've got everything configured. NIS is working between two linix machines, client and server. I've got the Mac configured properly too with Directory Access. The thing is, I can't log in from the login GUI. I *can* log in as another user, then su to the NIS user just fine (I created a home directory for the NIS user) and cd into that user's HOME directory. So everything appears fine, I just can't log ...

configuring linux samba to access OS/2 shares
I have just installed Linux Mint x64 release 8 (helena) on one of my systems to check it out. I am trying to configure samba on there so it will allow mounting of some OS/2 shares, but I am not getting in. I did set the workgroup properly and it shows all my OS/2 systems except my domain controller. When I attempt to open one of the OS/2 systems in the network browser I get prompted for a user/password and this the fails. So I assume I have other samba settings to change so I can use OS/2 shares from linux. Any pointers? Is there a reason my domain controller isn't being seen?...

Linux/OSS: works fine after months of setup problems
"Just a comment -- I'm having problems with sound also, none in Windows Vista, but in SUSE 10.1. Yes, I can try a zillion distros -- that's how I wound up buying Suse to begin with. I didn't have this problem with 10.0, but I'm not sure where the disks are. The upshot, if you've got lots of time to try stuff and you don't need the major things that don't have a real Linux equivalent (Dragon Naturally Speaking, Dreamweaver), Linux makes a great hobby! Windows Vista, on the other hand, I had no real problems with. The same with earlier Microsoft versions -- I in...

Problem configuring monta vista linux kernel #2
Hello friends, I am working on a project which has the short term goal of porting Monta Vista Embedded Linux on a Intel PXA board (having ARM core). I am facing the problem at the initial stage itself. I have installed the Monta vista Linux on Windows platform. When i try to do make oldconfig (as per the kernel build guide) it shows the warning /bin/sh: line 1: xscale_le-gcc: command not found. Although make oldconfig is successful. After that i try to do make dep which gives me following error 720922@infva02366 /mykernel $ make dep /bin/sh: line 1: xscale_le-gcc: command not fo...

DHCP server setup on RH Linux
Hi all, I am trying to setup DHCP server on a Linux machine. After configuring /etc/dhcpd.conf file and restarting the dhcpd service, here is what I see: Shutting down dhcpd: [FAILED] Starting dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.1rc14 Copyright 2004 Internet Systems Consortium. All rights reserved. For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/ Wrote 0 leases to leases file. No subnet declaration for eth0 (0.0.0.0). ** Ignoring requests on eth0. If this is not what you want, please write a subnet declaration in your dhcpd.conf file for the network segment to which interface eth0 is attached. Not configured to listen on any interfaces! As a matter of fact etc/sysconfig/dhcpd file contains the following line: DHCPDARGS=eth0 I wonder why it still gives "Not configured to listen on any interfaces!" error. Here is how the /etc/dhcpd.conf file is setup: ddns-update-style interim; ignore client-updates; subnet 10.10.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { # --- default gateway option routers 10.10.10.1; option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0; # option nis-domain "domain.org"; # option domain-name "domain.org"; # option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1; # option time-offset -18000; # Eastern Standard Time # option ntp-servers 192.168.1.1; # option netbios-name-servers 192.168.1.1; # --- Selects point-to-point node (default is hybrid). # --- Don't change this unless # --- you understand Netbios very well # option netbios-n...

Connectix VirtualPC 5.2 linux Xfree setup problem
I have been trying to setup a VirtualPC 5.2 running different versions of Linux. I have had problems getting X running properly. The setup runs X fine and setup installs properly. When booting into linux after the setup, the monitor goes to the X screen but it is real wide and not readable. I can switch to a text screen fine and set inittab to not run X on startup. VirtualPC is supposed to emulate an S3 Trio adapter but nothing is said about the monitor type. I have tried using the generic monitor versions with no luck. I even tried putting in the Sony MS 520GS actual hardware that I have wi...

Can I setup a dual boot Mac with OS X and Suze Linux?
I know dual boots have been done before with Ubuntu. In article <520c8048-e164-4392-a9ac-803f5bccaaf2@z14g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, commiebastard <oraclmaster@gmail.com> wrote: > I know dual boots have been done before with Ubuntu. Yes. Well, if you mean SuSE Linux. Gargle is your fiend. On Apr 8, 5:12=A0am, Steve Hix <se...@NOSPAMspeakeasy.netINVALID> wrote: > In article > <520c8048-e164-4392-a9ac-803f5bcca...@z14g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, > > =A0commiebastard <oraclmas...@gmail.com> wrote: > > I know dual boots have been done before...

Problems trying to configure Linux laptop to print to Windows XP shared printer
I'm at my wits end trying to get my Linux laptop (FC5) to print to a HP printer which is being shared over the LAN from a Windows XP Home desktop. I've tried CUPS, CUPS-LPD, SAMBA, and nothing is working for me. I've been all over the Internet looking for a solution to this issue but haven't found the right one. I really need a detailed step by step answer. In this post is my full smb.conf, the printcap is empty, and CUPS, HPLIP services are installed but turned off. I've also created users in the smbpasswd file. I don't think that was a problem. I deleted the printer configuration so I will be starting from scratch. [global] dos charset = CP850 unix charset = UTF-8 display charset = LOCALE workgroup = LANSYS realm = netbios name = LINUX netbios aliases = netbios scope = server string = LINUX interfaces = bind interfaces only = No security = USER auth methods = encrypt passwords = Yes update encrypted = No client schannel = Auto server schannel = Auto allow trusted domains = Yes map to guest = Never null passwords = No obey pam restrictions = No password server = * smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd private dir = /etc/samba passdb backend = smbpasswd algorithmic rid base = 1000 root directory = guest account = nobody enable privileges = Yes pam password change = No passwd program = passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *changed* passwd chat debug = ...

os.rename() problems on OS X
hello, i recently had the job of having to rename about 200 files. The source for the renaming was a bunch of names in a file. I know next to nothing when it comes to bash scripting (which would have seemed the obvious choice) so i used python. The files i was renaming were canon raw files (.CR2). my problem is that after i rename the files, OS X will no longer render the thumbnails for the files, and preview is no longer the default app for viewing them. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is? Thanks for the help :) -Lukas On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:29:24 -0800, lukas wrote: > hello, &...

[HP Netserver LH Pro] Help needed to setup OS (raid/scsi problem)
hi all I'm trying to use an old HP Netserver LH Pro and I am not succeded in setting up the OS on this server (windows or linux). Windows 2000 server setup stops when it wants to check hardware (black screen with a line at the begenning of the screen sayint "...detecting hardware...") I cannot even go to the screen that ask disk for special hardware like scsi. Linux standard setup does not recognize any harddisks. Linux with a kernel with adaptec low level scsi driver is correctly booting and can see the SCSI adaptec card. The driver is correctly loaded, but after I get a kernel panic because of the file system. In fact no filesystem is defined on the disks, but why a kernel panic, I should be able to go further to make partitions and format the disks...? To prepare the diks I used the HP tools and everything seems fine. Any help to identifie and resolv this problem would be appreciated. I can give you any additional information. Many thanks in advance. ...

Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4
Hi Yev, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. Thanks, Doug >> I'm a new ACE user. When I run configure script, it failed as it >> couldn't find stddef.h file: >> >> configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 >> In file included from conftest.cc:12: >> /usr/include/stdlib.h:33:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory >> In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:30, >> from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, >> from conftest.cc:12: >> /usr/include/bits/types.h:29:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory >> In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, >> >> How do I specify the include path for this file? >> >> On my machine this file is not in the /usr/include, but in these >> locations: >> /usr/include/linux >> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/include >> ...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
Please disregard my question. I was using a wrong version of gcc. It works now. Thank you for the prompt responses, Yev -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:Thomas.Lockhart@jpl.nasa.gov] Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:07 PM To: Gendelman, Yevgeniy Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.4 Use at least 5.4.1, which is a bug-fix-only followup to 5.4. We use 5.4.1 in production with success. > [103] --> g++ -v > Reading specs from > /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs .... 3.2.2 probably works, though I'm not using that in production now. > This is from config.log file: > configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 > In file included from conftest.cc:12: > /usr/include/stdlib.h:33:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory In > file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:30, > from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, > from conftest.cc:12: > /usr/include/bits/types.h:29:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory .... Either /usr/include/linux/stddef.h does not exist, or your compiler does not know how to find it. My g++ does not need anything on the command line to find /usr/include/linux. On my FC4 machine, the files are in the following RPM packages: mini> rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/stddef.h glibc-kernhead...

Facing Problem While configuring Proxy Cache in httpd in Red Hat Linux with 'CacheRoot'
Hi, Could anyone please help me out. While configuring Proxy Cache I di the following <IfModule mod_proxy.c> ProxyRequests On <Directory proxy:*> Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from 10.0.0 </Directory> ProxyVia Full CacheRoot "/etc/httpd/proxy" CacheSize 5 CacheGcInterval 4 CacheMaxExpire 24 CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1 CacheDefaultExpire 1 </IfModule> But when I restart my server I get the error:Invalid command 'CacheRoot', perhaps mis-spelled or de...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: uname -m = i686 uname -r = 2.4.9-e.38enterprise uname -s = Linux (Red Hat) uname -v = #1 SMP Tue Feb 10 23:59:30 EST 2004 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): same as above g++ 3.2.2 [103] --> g++ -v Reading specs from /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/opt/gcc/3.2.2 --mandir=/opt/gcc/3.2.2/share/man --infodir=/opt/gcc/3.2.2/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-as=/opt/binutils/2.13/bin/as --with-ld=/opt/binutils/2.13/bin/ld --host=i386-redhat-linux Thread model: posix gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5.relocate2) CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: ln -s to config-linux.h CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): ln -s to platform_linux.GNU AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: [What example failed? What module failed to compile?] DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: ACE installation SYNOPSIS: [Brief description of the problem] examples run by the configure script fail because they cannot find stddef.h and few other include files. DESCRIPTION: This is from config.log file: configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 ...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------ Either /usr/include/linux/stddef.h does not exist, or your compiler does not know how to find it. My g++ does not need anything on the command line to find /usr/include/linux. On my FC4 machine, the files are in the following RPM packages: mini> rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/stddef.h glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.94 mini> rpm -qf /usr/include/stdlib.h glibc-headers-2.3.5-10.3 Maybe you do not have "glibc-kernheaders" installed? hth - Tom ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------- Tom, I can compile and run the programs with g++, too. I get this error (cannot find stddef.h) when I try to compile it with gcc. Sample program: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stddef.h> int main () { exit (42); ; return 0; } -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:Thomas.Lockhart@jpl.nasa.gov] Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:07 PM To: Gendelman, Yevgeniy Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.4 Use at least 5.4.1, which is a bug-fix-only followup to 5.4. We use 5.4.1 in production with success. > [103] --> g++ -v > Reading specs from > /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs .... 3.2.2 probably works, though I'...

Web resources about - configure problems - comp.os.linux.setup

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Cydia Tweak: How To Configure A Touch ID Grace Period For Your iPhone 5s
... Into A Paid Subscription , and Facebook’s Paper Launches In The App Store, Brings A More Elegant News Feed To iOS . Cydia Tweak: How To Configure ...

Configure - Apple
Get free shipping on iMac with Retina 5K display from the Apple Online Store. It packs 14.7 million pixels into its 27-inch display, and it features ...

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Configure Bots to Perform Continuous Integrations
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features.

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Time to configure your McLaren 650S
Filed under: Car Buying , Convertible , Coupe , Performance , McLaren If you're like us, Friday afternoons are the bane of your existence - ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...