gdm[####]: (null): cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm stumped by this gdm error/warning message in /var/log/messages. It
doesn't specify what library is missing. However, I'm able to login to
the desktop without any problems. I thought if I updated the gdm rpm the
message would disappear but it did not.

I've searched many a website and forum without finding a specific answer
to this problem. The other strange thing I see is that gdm has two
processes running once I enter the desktop. Maybe this could be the
cause, I don't know, just a guess. How can I eliminate this second gdm
process at startup? What could be the thing that is spawning it?

# ps -ef | grep gdm
root      2188     1  0 03:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/gdm-binary -nodaemon
root      2254  2188  0 03:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/gdm-binary -nodaemon
root      2258  2254  2 03:28 tty7 00:00:08 /usr/bin/Xorg :0 -br -audit
0 -auth /var/gdm/:0.Xauth vt7
0
linux
7/27/2007 7:40:23 AM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 27, 3:40 am, linux-tek <linux-...@none.net> wrote:
> I'm stumped by this gdm error/warning message in /var/log/messages. It
> doesn't specify what library is missing. However, I'm able to login to
> the desktop without any problems. I thought if I updated the gdm rpm the
> message would disappear but it did not.
>
> I've searched many a website and forum without finding a specific answer
> to this problem. The other strange thing I see is that gdm has two
> processes running once I enter the desktop. Maybe this could be the
> cause, I don't know, just a guess. How can I eliminate this second gdm
> process at startup? What could be the thing that is spawning it?
>
> # ps -ef | grep gdm
> root      2188     1  0 03:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/gdm-binary -nodaemon
> root      2254  2188  0 03:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/gdm-binary -nodaemon
> root      2258  2254  2 03:28 tty7 00:00:08 /usr/bin/Xorg :0 -br -audit
> 0 -auth /var/gdm/:0.Xauth vt7

I found a answer in RedHat Bugzilla.

Bugzilla Bug 221835: gdm[XXXX]: (null): cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
Comment #1 From .....  	 on 2007-01-08 09:28 EST  	[reply]

that's a harmless warning related to the smart card code.  It should
probably
only be printed if debugging is enabled though.

0
tek

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Hi, when trying to start sendmail, I get sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory The file is there where it belongs in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/, what do I need to do? Thanks and cheers, Konrad In article <412ba7a7$1@news.ginko.net>, Konrad Mathieu <kombi@removethis.ru> wrote: >Hi, >when trying to start sendmail, I get > >sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open >shared object file: No such file or directory > >The file is there where it b...

jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I got this error when I tried to start Borland JBuilder X Foundation: jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? Where can I get it? On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:45:15 -0800, Neo wrote: > What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? A compatability library. > Where can I get it? Google. If you want a more specific answer, at least you have to tell us which distro you're using. Sybren -- (o_ Q: God, root, what is difference? //\ A: God can change the byte order on the...

libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I get the following: /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libSelect.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I therefore added /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as libXm.so.2 is there. I then get: Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! \o Incompatible Xm library detected! \o Label: 272 != 284 \o xmUseVersion: 2001 \o Motif version 2.1.-1717986918 must be installed. \o /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libManager.exe is exiting with core file. \o Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! I think I am running openmoti...

Error: libgpc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I usually compile m-files using deploytool and launch it on a grid server. However, at this time, I've got a weird error which is annoying me for several days. The code works fine and gives desired results when it is launched on the Matlab console as an m-file. But, if I try to launch it on the grid server after compiling, it provides the following error message (I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MCR 7.14 several times, but it didn't help): ----------------- ??? Invalid MEX-file '/home/wnam/.mcrCache7.14/CoMP_I1/toolbox/map/map/private/gpcmex.mexa64': libgpc.so: canno...

iMPACT: "...cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Hi there, I'm trying to run Xilinx iMPACT under slackware. Why can't it find a shared library that's in the executable's directory? root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# impact impact: error while loading shared libraries: libImpactProcessor.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# ls libImpactProcessor.so libImpactProcessor.so* root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# root@Valine:~# echo $XILINX /opt/Xilinx root@Valine:~# echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin: /usr/games:/opt/www/htdig...

python make dies :libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Trying to build python-2.6.2 ../configure --prefix=3D/usr/local --exec-prefix=3D/usr/local LDFLAGS=3D"-L/ usr/local" (runs through happily, had to make some libs local) make runs most of the way until=85 building '_tkinter' extension gcc -pthread -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall - Wstrict-prototypes -DWITH_APPINIT=3D1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -I/tmp/ meld/Python-2.6.2/./Include -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/usr/local/ include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2 -c / tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Modules/_tkinter.c -o build/temp....

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

Invalid MEX-file...cannot open shared object file
Hi, I'm trying to get the DIPimage toolbox ( http://www.diplib.org/ ) with Matlab 2010b. on Ubuntu I followed the instructions, but when trying to initialize the toolbox, I get the following error: _____________________________________________ Initialisation of DIPlib failed. The most probable cause is incorrect installation. Please make sure that the DIPimage distribution you is compatible with your operating system, architecture and/or MATLAB version. What follows is a diagnostic tool that should help debugging your installation: ...

File share, File Sharing, File Host
http://fileuplo.de File share, File Sharing, File Host -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

why two file open operations when opening a file on a server share?
Hello, I am curious about the following protocol trace between an NT client and XP pro server: I open a word doc on the server's shared folder using MS Word on the NT client. Sniffing with ethereal, I see (each message simplified for brevity): client-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_REQUEST Path, MyFile.doc server-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_RESPONSE Fid: 0x000F client-> CLOSE_REQUEST 0x000F server-> CLOSE_RESPONSE client-> TRANS2_REQ MyFile.doc server-> TRANS2_RESPONSE MyFile.doc client-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_REQUEST Path, MyFile.doc server-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_RESPONSE Fid: 0x400...

File::open and File.open
What exactly is the difference between these? :: is a class method while is an instance method??? If that is so, could someone clarify this with more detail? I use File.open, but File::open works too. However sometimes, this is not the case which adds to my confusion :) For example, I can only do Digest::MD5.new() and not Digest.MD5.new() why is that? I don't fully understand OO programming... perhaps this is my problem. Thank you for your time. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Robert Klemme schrieb: > Brad Tilley wrote: >> What exactly is the difference betwe...

files, directories, files, directories
Hi folks, I've been trying to make a decision and it's driving me crazy. Is a directory a file or is a directory NOT a file but a node? Should I have A) public interface IFile { IFileName FileName; IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends IFile { } or B) public interface INode { INodeName NodeName; } public interface IFile extends INode { IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends INode { } Method A is nice cause IFile becomes the base "Node" type and you can use names like "IFileName" which sound...

Open folder, read file, close file, open new folder, read file close file etc....
Hello, My current directory has several folders within it. Each folder has the same type of file within it. How do i go from the current directory, into one of the folders, edit the file, then come out of the folder, then go into another folder, edit a file then come out of the folder then into a new one etc etc etc. If this does not make sense i apologise and will try to explain my problem a little better. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Phil Phil: I'm not sure it makes sense. Personally I use the mouse and keyboard for doing this. Were you thinking of something else?...

Web resources about - gdm[####]: (null): cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - comp.os.linux.setup