Giving away BOOKS

I'm cleaning my bookshelves and have dozens of Unix, Linux, networking,
programming, Internet, etc. books to give away.

If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me for a
pickup appointment.

On Sunday night, they go into the recycling bin!
0
Cy
7/29/2011 12:30:47 AM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 07/28/2011 08:30 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:
> I'm cleaning my bookshelves and have dozens of Unix, Linux, networking,
> programming, Internet, etc. books to give away.
>
> If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me for a
> pickup appointment.
>
> On Sunday night, they go into the recycling bin!

Please donate them to your "Friends of the Library" Bookstore, which
sells used books for dimes or quarters, and then dumps all the money
into the local library system.

I work at one in Seminole County Florida as a volunteer.  We even sell
HP d530 P4 CMTowers with 2.8GHz cpu, loaded with Linux Mint, for $75
with keyboard, mouse, ac cord, and 30 day warranty.

We have sold over 800 Linux systems, and are a focal point in the war
against lock-in, and the 50 million Microsoft Virus.
0
BigRedTruck

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

Books To Give Away
The current list of books which have been scanned (so they are separated from their binders) are: Applications Software Sourcebook Volume II Applications Software Sourcebook Volume III Introduction to Graphics Introduction to TRS-80 Level II BASIC Personal Information Management System Practical Basic Programs Programming Techniques Volume 1 Programming Techniques for Level II BASIC Programming the Z-80 (2nd) TRS-80 Data File Programming In BASIC TRS-80 Graphics TRS-80 Graphics Book TRS-80 Programming In Style TRS-80 Programs Using the TRS-80 In Your Home Visicalc for Your T...

linux
hopefully samsung can recover from the linux pain. restoring its reputation and getting rid of the linux stench is like trying to get the smell of a skunk off a dog. http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/02/samsung-galaxy-tab-sky-high-return-rate/ Samsung Galaxy Tab has a sky-high return rate It has discovered that 15% of Galaxy Tabs sold are being returned - much higher than the 2% return Apple gets for their iPads - talk about unsatisfied customers! Apparently, the main reason for the tablet returns was due to Samsung's choice of operating system for the tablet. The ...

[News] GNU/Linux Boxes Give Away Spare Cycles, New Linux Game
Using your Linux box for volunteer computing ,----[ Quote ] | You can do your part to help tackle such global issues as disease control and | climate prediction simply by volunteering your computer's resources to solve | complex computational problems. The concept, known as volunteer computing, | benefits universities and research institutions around the world, who conduct | projects that often have humanitarian goals, such as predicting and | controlling the spread of malaria in Africa. `---- http://www.linux.com/feature/130467 The PS3 does a lot of this. Rigs of Rods v0.35 ...

Giving away books -- proceeds ...
The book giveaway proceeds. The following books are left, free for the shipping. Contact me at glabowitz (at) comcast (dot) com Shipping via FedEx comes to about $2 a book, in lots of 4-5. After August 6 what remains will go to the libraries around here. VB 5.0 Win32 API by on Appleman (ZD Press) Ready to Run VB Code Library by Rod Stephens (Wiley) VB 6.0 Internet Programming by Carl Franklin (Wiley) Internationalization with VB by Michael Kaplan (Sams) Transact-SQL by William Amo (IDG) Guide to SQL by Philip Pratt (Thompson) Guide to SQL featuring Oracle by Philip Pratt (Thompson) Ins...

Technicon Books give away
Hi Guys I just from Miami to Jacksonville, still in Florida. Have 1995 and 1996 Technicon Conference Sessions Proceeding books in the shelf, need the space. They are around 8-10 lbs each, if someone wants them, I can ship it to anyone just send me the shipping cost UPS ground. Best regard -- Best regards Jos� Zouain Zeta Concepts, Inc. Zeta Pro - Inventory Management System www.zetaconcepts.com Jose Well I hope you manage to sell them. In the end I took all my old VO 1 Manuals - TWO Shelves worth to the tip... I kept Clipper and Blinker disks and man...

Giving away books -- any interest?
Here I go again! I've finally decided that I am REALLY retired at last. After 45 years of programming and consulting, there will be no more. What is left of the library of reference books must go. Here's the deal - I will give them away free; you just speak up for them and pay the postage. US addresses only, please. Last time I did this I requested $5 for a book and I send it and return any excess from the $5. I think this may still work. For more than one book I will try to batch or box them and we'll see what that would cost. Anyway, any book not spoken for (and shipping paid fo...

Books to Give Away
Greets, The "books without binders" (tm) project continues ... Please make a claim for anything you want - first come first served. Make sure to email me the book you want, and your full mailing address. My apologies in advance if someone claims a book you may have wanted. Thanks Ira http://www.trs-80.com/trs-give.htm ...

Giving away books -- any of interest??
Here I go again! I've finally decided that I am REALLY retired at last. After 45 years of programming and consulting, there will be no more. What is left of the library of reference books must go. Here's the deal - I will give them away free; you just speak up for them and pay the postage. US addresses only, please. Last time I did this I requested $5 for a book and I send it and return any excess from the $5. I think this may still work. For more than one book I will try to batch or box them and we'll see what that would cost. Anyway, any book not spoken for (and ...

Linux
And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry it. On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500, Bit wrote: > And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry > it. Stupid bitch. -- Rick Rick wrote: | On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500, Bit wrote: | || And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to || carry it. | | Stupid bitch. Yeah, that's what Dell said. Error log for Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500: Bit caused a Page Fault at address <1100926771.v7lZ/YR4hI9OhonjL18mvg@teranews...

Giving away my OS-9 stuff
Hi guys, ex-Microware employee here. I have some books and documentation in MINT condition that I would rather give away to someone who needs it than throw it away (in the recycling bin of course) The OS-9 Primer First Edition by Mark A. Heilpern ISBN 0-918035-04-X 189 pages (paperback book) OS-9 Insights, An Advanced Programmers Guide to OS-9, 3.0 Edition by Peter C. Dibble ISBN 0-918035-05-8 645 pages (hardcover book) Using OS-9000 (covers OS-9000 v2.1) Product code: USRI3RCPIMO (10300070) (binder) Let me know if any of this documentation would interest you ...

Stay Away From Linux as a Desktop OS
From: Mike Bleiweiss <unixg33k@yahoo.com> Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu Subject: Re: New York Time and Ubuntu Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:42:45 -0800 Message-ID: <20090111214245.104e03b1@hal10000> "Actually - I'd rather most people stay away from Linux as a desktop OS. The more "Win-droids" there are muddying up the Linux gene-pool, the more the whole Linux movement shifts its focus and goals towards becoming just another "wannabe Windows" desktop system." "Nomen Nescio" <nobody@dizum.com> wrote in message news:505dbb3f38abbb8...

Linux
And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry it. Bit wrote: > And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to > carry it. What a POS that MS software is, OE is double posting everthing, the broken pile of shit! begin Bit wrote twice: > And still no one wants it. Sad. Heck, they can't even convince Dell to carry > it. > > Why are you sending all your posts twice? Is your newsreader fucked? -- C. Chris H wrote: No, not my newsreader, it's the server. Chris H wrote: No, not my newsreader...

Web resources about - Giving away BOOKS - comp.os.linux.setup

Google Partners With National Park Service To Bring Imagery From 40 Parks To Street View
The National Park Service is celebrating its one-hundredth birthday later this year and as a part of its celebration, the agency has teamed up ...

Twitter resumes skid on disappointing quarterly report
Twitter shares skidded Thursday after its quarterly update failed to ease concerns that the messaging platform's growth initiatives are sputtering. ...

Google Will Further Block Some European Search Results
To fend off privacy complaints, the search giant will block access to certain links from all of its search sites when used from the European ...

Suspect in Shooting of Fargo Police Officer Jason Moszer Found Dead
NBCNews.com Suspect in Shooting of Fargo Police Officer Jason Moszer Found Dead NBCNews.com The man suspected of shooting a North Dakota police ...

Cliven Bundy Made it to Oregon Just in Time to Get Arrested
Cliven Bundy, the Nevada cattle rancher who birthed the Oregon militia movement in more ways than one, was arrested last night on felony conspiracy ...

‘Batman v Superman’ Final Trailer Promises Epic Feud for the Ages
Warner Bros. released the final trailer for “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” on Thursday. In the trailer, we see Batman ( Ben Affleck ) ...

Einstein writings show theory 100 years ahead of time
It took a century, but the theory from Albert Einstein handwritten neatly on paper that is now yellowing has finally been vindicated.

5 Indicted in 2015 New York City Gas Explosion That Killed 2
Authorities say a building owner and four others have been indicted on charges that include manslaughter in connection with a 2015 gas explosion ...

Bob Lutz Talks Trash About Tesla Model X & EVs… Again
Originally published on EV Obsession. Bob Lutz is a man on a mission. A mission to publicly trash Tesla Motors and the electric vehicle market ...

Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
Facebook has withdrawn Free Basics from India, days after the country's telecommunications regulator prohibited the differential pricing of data ...