How to Import mail from Linux to Windows (for Mozilla)?

Hello,

This question is not Linux related but Open Source tools related.

My primary email client is Mozilla on Windows.  When I was try to
download my email from my ISP, the Mozilla client would stop after X
number of messages.  I have tried to import in MS Outlook and had the
same problem.  In both cases, the few emails that I downloaded were not
deleted from the server (although the server settings were set to delete
the mail after download).

I switched to my Linux system and used fetchmail.  The download was
smooth and efficient.  I can use mutt to read the email.  Now I have
copied the mbox from /var/spool/mail directory to my Windows box, to
import into Mozilla.  This is where I am lost.  The import feature only
gives the option to import from Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express.
How do I import email from the Linux mbox into Mozilla Mail client in
Windows?  (I have tried Thunderbird but had the same issues as above.)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

Subba Rao
--
SR
castellan2004-mail@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 07:24:02 -0500, Subba Rao
  <castellan2004-mail@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com> wrote:
> How do I import email from the Linux mbox into Mozilla Mail client in
> Windows?  (I have tried Thunderbird but had the same issues as above.)
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.

You might set up a pop server on your Linux box, and let the Windows box
get the mail from there.

--
There must be at least 500,000,000 rats in the United States; of course,
I never heard the story before.
Subba Rao wrote:
> Hello,
I guess this is nothing huh?
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.misc/browse_thread/thread/f29e7a9a4eb0e25c/bccebb2f1931afb4

0
iforone

Linux, Linux, Linux

Why linux is linux

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Groupware for LINUX. KUBUNTU/UBUNTU LINUX on Windows XP. how to run obsolete windows programs on ubuntu/debian LINUX
Hi, is Kubuntu/Ubuntu LINUX the way to go. It is easily downloadable. Also, look up "urine therapy" and http://tripod.spacetimemotion.com And which is the best groupware for Kubuntu/Ubuntu LINUX. It is not ? http://www.phpgroupware.org/ Erach ...

[News] Breaking Linux Myths; Bluetooth Setup Easier in Linux Than in Windows
Linux Truths, Half-Truths, and Myths ,----[ Quote ] | When people find out I run Linux on my computer instead of Windows | or even Mac OS X they sometimes have funny ideas about what it must | be like. Some of it is historical; Linux used to be quite difficult | to administer in its younger days. Some of it is misinformation, | or no information at all. I hope to dispell some of the | misconceptions. `---- http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/03/05/161203.php Bluetooth on Ubuntu - A pleasant surprise ,----[ Quote ] | Windows XP | | 1. Pop in the driver CD of the dongle. Install the dri...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] Mobile Linux as Important (if Not More Important) Than Desktop Linux

[News] [Linux] More Games on Linux (Even DoFuS), Linux Applications on Windows
Linux gaming, part four: massive multiplayer online games ,----[ Quote ] | Dofus as an online game with fun graphics and a huge player community, it | has over three million players. The website of the game says it’s | half-way between a tactical video game and an interactive cartoon. `---- http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/26/linux-gaming-part-four-massive-multiplayer-online-games/ Linux on Windows with Lina ,----[ Quote ] | Building off a concept similar to Java, LINA aims to provide open-source | developers the ability to compile applications that will run on all of | Windows, MacOS...

Sharing mail between Windows and Linux using Mozilla, AND bookmarks
A while ago I posted how to use Mozilla as a solution for sharing mail between Windows and Linux on a dual-boot system: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ad16e28.0108290524.4fddb1f7%40posting.google.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain At that time I recommended to make a symbolic link for Mozilla's bookmarks so that they could be shared as well. That used to work, but more recent versions of Mozilla destroy the link. I have just learned that there is a much cleaner solution to access the bookmarks file in a different location: Specify the location of the bookmarks by creating "us...

[News] [Linux] New User Very Impressed with Linux and Linux Gaming (Not So with Windows Vista)
Linux FPS [PCLinuxOS] ,----[ Quote ] | A few weeks ago I installed PCLinuxOS 2007 and I'm very impressed | with it. One of the things I like is their package manager--everything | is there, you don't need to add any extra repositories (a popular | distro that starts with "U" infuriates me with all the mucking | around you have to do), and there are never any issues with | unresolved dependencies. | | Anyway, last week I downloaded through the package manager a | game called Sauerbraten. It's a great multi player FPS. It's | completely free and very entertainin...

Linux Does What Windows Don't (Why Linux is better than Windows)
Linux Does What Windows Don't (Why Linux is better than Windows) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6nqQrJx78 The message is in the video. That means play the stupid thing, People! On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 08:31:13 -0700 (PDT), John Gohde wrote: > Linux Does What Windows Don't (Why Linux is better than Windows) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6nqQrJx78 > > The message is in the video. > > That means play the stupid thing, People! lol ! What he fails to mention is the quality of said applications. What he fails to mention is out of the b...

[News] Linux, Unlike Windows, Runs Both Linux and Windows Programs

Another Blow To The So Called Linux Security
Read it and weep, Linux losers. http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5162348.html An analysis of hacker attacks on online servers in January by UK-based security consultancy mi2g found that Linux servers were the most frequently hit, accounting for 13,654 successful attacks, or 80 percent of the survey total. Windows came in a distant second with 2,005 attacks. A detailed analysis of government servers also found Linux to be more susceptible, accounting for 57 percent of all security breaches. On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:13:40 +0000, Dr Alw is a loser wrote: > Read it and weep, Linux lose...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Negroponte wants to dump linux and make Windows the sole OS on the OLPC laptop
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080422/hundred_dollar_laptop.html?.v=2 <quote> For about a year, however, Microsoft has been working to get a slimmed-down version of Windows to run on XO laptops. As a result, Negroponte said Tuesday that he expects XOs to soon have a "dual-boot" option, meaning users would be able to run Windows or Sugar. Eventually, Negroponte added, Windows might be the sole operating system, and Sugar would be educational software running on top of it. That might disappoint advocates of open-source software who helped bankroll OLPC and cheered the challeng...

Which Linux OS best for beginner to setup as Web / Mail server / Internet sharer and firewall?
We are a small business with no IT employees and have about 20 Windows ME machines. None of that is subject to change. We are installing a DSL line, and when we do, we want to improve the way our Internet is handled. I am planning to try to set up a server which the DSL will connect to, and will run our web site off the server, as well as automatically get our POP3 emails from our outside accounts, and hold them until our local computers want to see them. It should also share the internet connection and run a firewall. We are only considering no cost versions of Linux for this purpose, an...

Why Linux is Better than Windows. **My Linux Experience**
I am an old salt at Windows having used it since Windows 3.0 and while it has served me well in the past I have discovered a system that is just so much better.That system is Linux. I recently installed Ubuntu on my Celeron 1.2 system and I can truly say I will never go back to Windows again. Why? No more virus, no more trojans, no more spyads and no more instability.I had Windows XP crashing on me at least 10 times a day and sometimes even more. Browsing with Windows was pitiful and I oft wondered if something was wrong with my connections to the internet.When I installed Ubuntu my download s...

[News] How GNU/Linux Workspaces Improve Productivity; GNU/Linux in a Window|Windows

Web resources about - How to Import mail from Linux to Windows (for Mozilla)? - comp.os.linux.setup

The Windows Blog

New Lumia 650 looks nice but misses Windows 10 Mobile’s best feature
(credit: Microsoft) Microsoft has announced a new phone running Windows: the Lumia 650. As its name numerically implies, this phone sits closer ...

Has Windows 10 reset your default apps back to Microsoft stock?
Yesterday, The Inquirer reported on how Windows 10 was resetting some changed app defaults back to Microsoft’s own bundled universal apps. In ...

Microsoft is marking the end of an era with a $199 Windows phone for the business
... and some significant information leakage , Microsoft finally and officially announced the Lumia 650 — a budget $199 smartphone running Windows ...

Defense Department to put Windows 10 on 4M computers
The U.S. Department of Defense will standardize 4 million computers on Windows 10, a significant endorsement for Microsoft's latest operating ...

Hulu's universal Windows 10 app features live tiles and Cortana
A big part of the promise of Windows 10 is the big push for universal applications, which enable developers to write one app that'll work on ...

'Business-Class' Lumia 650 Windows Phone Launches in Europe
Aimed at business users, the budget Windows phone features some premium touches.

Microsoft Monday: Windows 10 Updates Become Transparent, New Halo 5 Modes, Fetch App Identifies Dogs
... a look back at the past week of news related to Microsoft. This week, “Microsoft Monday” includes details about Microsoft launching a Windows ...