Is there a free Linux OS?

I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free, if it
is where can I download it at?

--
Tammy aka TheYellowShoe
www.geocities.com/theyellowshoe/theyellowshoe.html

0
Tammy
11/9/2004 12:46:26 AM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:46:26 GMT, Tammy Fontenot wrote:
> I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free, if it
> is where can I download it at?

net etiquette/Newsgroup tip:

Multi-posting is considered antisocial on Usenet.

If you want to send the same message to more than one newsgroup, CROSSPOST!
And if you crosspost, provide a Followup newsgroup.

Some will argue that you not even crosspost because of the amount/type
of newsgroups that we have today.

As an example to post to "comp.os.linux.security", and
"alt.security", use the following Newsgroups line:
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.security,alt.security

See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

You conserve resources on NNTP servers, and other readers
see the follow up answers and do not have to provide the same answer.
Also, once a reader has "read" a message in one group, they do
not have to see it again unless someone has provided a follow up.

See answer given in the other news group you posted to.
0
Bit
11/9/2004 12:51:28 AM
Here in comp.os.linux.setup,
"Tammy Fontenot" <theyellowshoe@sw.rr.com> spake unto us, saying:

>I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free,
>if it is where can I download it at?

There are many different flavors (or "distributions") of Linux on the
net, and many of them are freely downloadable.

One possible starting point is here:

  http://www.linuxiso.org

--
 -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
                   The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

www.distrowatch.com

--
<<   http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/   >>
Admiration, n.: Our polite recognition of
Tammy Fontenot wrote:
> I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free, if it
> is where can I download it at?

<snip>

All Linux is Free-as-in-Freedom.  Most distros are also available
Free-as-in-Beer.

For a comparison of different Linux distrobutions (or "flavors"), go to
Distrowatch.com .   Distrowatch also has links to where to get different
Linux distrobutions.  My favorite distro for newbies is Mandrake Linux,
which is available at www.mandrakelinux.com.

Susan
0
HedgeMage
11/9/2004 3:08:06 AM
There are a lot of free distro's.  The one I like to suggest for
newbies is knoppix.  http://www.knoppix.org/  (Click on the
Brittish/American flag at the top to get it in English).  You can run
the complete OS from the CD.  It will give you a basic chance to try
out linux and to make sure that your hardware has no major issues with
linux.

Once you've booted off the cd if everything is working fine there is
an option to install or you can go with another distro once that you
know your hardware is compatible.
0
delpayne
11/9/2004 2:20:31 PM
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:46:26 +0000, Tammy Fontenot wrote:

> I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free, if
> it is where can I download it at?

You can take your pick among many choices:
	http://distrowatch.com/stats.php?section=popularity

GNU/Linux is free (as in freedom) and that is why there are so many
choices (flavors) available.  No one is locked into a single "vendor." You
don't say what hardware platform you are using or what you would like
linux to do for you, but the typical new user is looking for a general
purpose distribution.

The recommendation for knoppix is a good starting point.  Otherwise, visit
some home pages for some distro's, and pick one you think looks promising.

As far as cost, there are distributions which can be downloaded without
any cost or obligation.  Some distributions are large and can require some
time to download, even using broadband. If the download is too big, then
this is a good resource:
	http://www.cheapbytes.com/

Another good thing about GNU/Linux is that it has been built by the
community.  It is informally supported by the community.  You knew
enough to post to this newsgroup and you received several responses to
your general question. You might check into these resources:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
	http://www.linux.org
	http://www.tldp.org

There is a monthly meeting in your area for an LUG, Linux User Group, at
the Univerisity of New Orleans where you might get some personal help:
	http://nolug.org/nolugwiki/index.cgi?MonthlyMeetings

The GPL is the software license which makes free software possible:
	http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

The GPL gives the end user rights.  Typical proprietary software end user
licenses restrict end user rights.

You can learn as much (or as little) as you would like without a
gatekeeper (and without paying tuition.) The documentation is substantial
and is available online. You are not the first person to "take the plunge"
into linux- others have already paved the way for you.

--
George McFly: Lou. Give me a milk...
Chocolate.
	"Tammy Fontenot" <theyellowshoe@sw.rr.com> writes:

> I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free, if it
> is where can I download it at?

One good central point is http://www.linuxiso.org. This has links to CD-R
image files for most of the major distributions. (A handful aren't
available gratis, though.) If you know which distribution you want to
use, you can also try its own Web site. Knowing which to use is the tough
problem, though. I've got some suggestions on my own Web site:

http://www.rodsbooks.com/distribs/

--
Rod Smith, rodsmith@rodsbooks.com
http://www.rodsbooks.com
	Bit Twister <BitTwister@localhost.localdomain> writes:

> If you want to send the same message to more than one newsgroup, CROSSPOST!
> And if you crosspost, provide a Followup newsgroup.
> You conserve resources on NNTP servers, and other readers
> see the follow up answers and do not have to provide the same answer.

Using a followup line eliminates the advantage of enabling others to see
the answer, though, at least if those who reply honor that line. For
instance, if Joe posts to comp.os.linux.misc and rec.photo.digital asking
for advice on Linux software to use with a digital camera, but specifies
a followup group of rec.photo.digital, anybody who reads
comp.os.linux.misc but not rec.photo.digital will miss those replies. For
this reason, I personally recommend NOT using followups, although I
realize I'm probably in the minority on this. Instead, if the group list
is so long and filled with such similar groups that followups make sense,
the initial posting group list should be shortened.

--
Rod Smith, rodsmith@rodsbooks.com
http://www.rodsbooks.com
rodsmith
11/9/2004 4:06:41 PM
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:06:41 +0000, Rod Smith wrote:

> Using a followup line eliminates the advantage of enabling others to see
> the answer, though, at least if those who reply honor that line. For
> instance, if Joe posts to comp.os.linux.misc and rec.photo.digital
> asking for advice on Linux software to use with a digital camera, but
> specifies a followup group of rec.photo.digital, anybody who reads
> comp.os.linux.misc but not rec.photo.digital will miss those replies.
> For this reason, I personally recommend NOT using followups, although I
> realize I'm probably in the minority on this. Instead, if the group list
> is so long and filled with such similar groups that followups make
> sense, the initial posting group list should be shortened.

I second that.

Siraaj
0
Siraaj
11/10/2004 10:24:15 AM
"Tammy Fontenot" <theyellowshoe@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
> I am thinking about getting Linux as an OS. I thought Linux was free, if
it
> is where can I download it at?
>

> --
> Tammy aka TheYellowShoe
> www.geocities.com/theyellowshoe/theyellowshoe.html

=====================================

Hi, Tammy!

Yes, most Linux is freeware - but, there are also versions made by companies
as commercial products. Usually, the commercial items are spin-off's of some
freeware item. Red Hat did this, and so have others. The freeware continues
to evolve & develop new variants, (more or less) ignoring the commercial
items as irrelevant to the free OS endeavor.

I think the primary leader of the freeware field is Debian. I chose to stick
w/ that, because they're very scrupulous to make sure that everything they
include in their distribution is unencumbered by economic & legal claims.
Debian is also (arguably) the most capable & user-friendly of the freeware
distributions.

Most of the freeware distro's are available for download as either entire
ISO CD images, or as source files which you would then process to make the
binaries you need (building your own). The sources of this stuff is easy to
find, with simple searches on Google. For example, search for the term
"download Debian FTP". You'll see what I mean.

I think you should choose to do what I did: Select a vendor of CD sets, and
buy a copy. Doing this, you're not paying for the software, per se - what
you're paying for, is the service being provided by the people selling you
the disks. In other words, such people have to devote computer & CD burner
time to making the disk, tying up system resources for the duration (or have
purchased special CD-burning equipment that can do it independantly). Such
people need to purchase the CD necessary for holding the distro files. They
need to devote the time & resources to making sure that each CD was
correctly produced. They need to pay for postage, and the time spent
packaging the disks. It all adds up - and, if you can buy a 7-CD set of the
"Woody" (currently authorized-as-stable version) Debian distro for $14.00,
isn't that one heck of a deal? I purchased my set from
http://aboutdebian.com .

The alternative is spending a massive amount of connection time downloading
entire CD images. It's huge, even if you've got a high-speed connection. I
don't know what the actual ISO image sizes are, but as a rough starting
point for estimating, consider that 7 CD's x 700 MB = 4.9 GB.

There's a massive amount of documentation available for it; not only out
here on the web, but also included in the Woody distro set. I've been
working or reading the stuff for weeks now, and am nowhere near through it.

P.S. : I also bought a copy of Knoppix Live File System. It's a really good,
inexpnsive way to "get your feet wet" w/ Linux. It can run entirely off CD,
not requiring any use of the HD. If you install it onto your HD, though, you
discover that it's based on a very new version of Debian which isn't
considered stable & bug-free. There's an online forum devoted to it, but
most of the people attending the forum are newbies who can't really answer
each others' questions. In the end, it comes back to "RTFM" - "read the
fuc*ing manual". (Which, of course, is what I'm currently working on - and
testing what I read, on the spare computer I've devoted to the task.)
Knowledgeable support for Knoppix is thin,... Knowledgeable support for
Debian is extensive, and easily acquired. I advise, do what I did - buy
both. Knoppix for playing with ($1.99 plus S&H at
http://www.linuxcd.org/view_distro.php?id_distro=17 ), and Woody Debian for
learning with ($14.50 cost + 4.00 S&H at http://aboutdebian.com ).
AboutDebian.com also sells Corel Linux v1.2 (1 CD) for $1.95. My copy of it
hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you more about it, other than that it's
a desktop-focused version for single users.

Good luck!

Scruffy
http://scruffyeagle.com

0
Scruffy
11/11/2004 6:04:01 AM
Scruffy wrote:
>Debian is also (arguably) the most capable &
> user-friendly of the freeware distributions.
Yeah, I'd argue that. I wouldn't point a newbie in the direction of
Debian.

Debian is great, but it requires lots of tweaking and knowledge to set
up. I tried Debian as a newbie and promptly gave up. I knew I could do
it, but it was more trouble that I could manage at that time.

Not to mention system administration! To administer Debian, you need to
know what you are doing. Sure a dedicated newbie can find out, but it's
a big chunck to chew all at once.

IMHO, Mandrake, SuSE and Fedora are all better choices for the newbie,
especially Mandrake. SuSE is just as good (my personal favorite), but
they don't make it easy for newbies to do an FTP install and don't
offer ISOs. Mandrake and Fedora do offer ISOs. Fedora requires some
additional setup to really make it right (no ntfs support, no support
for MP3s). This is not difficult, but why steer a new person to the
hassle?

Mandrake is easily available, easily installable and covers all bases.
As a new person gains experience, they can stick with Mandrake and
customize it to their liking or try more challenging distros.
Tom F.

0
Tom

Linux, Linux, Linux

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

Which embedded linux OS is free?
I am looking for some free embedded linux OS, I need some file system and should support Mot PowerPC and ARM processors. If it costs couple of hunderd dollars, it is OK. Can somebody suggest me. tvnaidu@yahoo.com (vasanta) writes: >I am looking for some free embedded linux OS, I need some file system >and should support Mot PowerPC and ARM processors. If it costs couple >of hunderd dollars, it is OK. Can somebody suggest me. Our ELDK is free if downloaded (assuming LEO comes back online again), or costs 99 Euro on CDROM. See http://www.denx.de/ELDK.html Best regards...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

[News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS
Nexenta OS Alpha 7 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | Nexenta OS (elatte) Alpha 7 is now available. Release Highlights: | OpenSolaris & NWS build 61 (non-debug); installer - new | partitioning wizard, installer log (via F3), usabilityf | ixes, built-in driver availability detection... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9845.phtml sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel | 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully | functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot | ...

OT: linux, FC5 (having trouble with alt.os.linux)
I apologize profusely for posting this topic to this newsgroup but either I'm having trouble with alt.os.linux (going on a few days now) or it's having trouble and I don't know which it is (maybe some one else knows). I figured someone here would be knowledgeable enough to help me and/or let me know if my posting problems are mine or the newsgroups (BTW, I've posted from my work and home without luck but they may both use the same ISP). Well, if you've read this far...here's my (attempted?) post to the other group: Topic: shutdown broadcast not showing up for us...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consiste...

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

How were u introduce to Linux & what was ur 1st Linux OS???
my experience is available at http://groups.google.co.in/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/6fb0ed2888acab2e?hl=en# v cube wrote: > my experience is available at > http://groups.google.co.in/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread thread/6fb0ed2888acab2e?hl=en# You should try all the livecds. They are free to copy and boot up without having to install - saves you days of work when evaluating different distros. http://www.livecdlist.com free to copy and install on as many machines as you wish. PCs a heck of a lot cheap these days too. At least 3 different Linux PCs ...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

free linux os DVD or CD.
Hi friend where can i get the free dvd of linux OS. there are many webites who offer free Linux OS download but it takes lot of time and broadband internet service. But I need Linux OS in DVD or CD. Anybody know the address of such website who offers the Linux OS on DVD ? or Offers Linux OS DVD for trial basis. Thanks in Advance. GEOrgE http://zsoftwares.googlepages.com/freesoftware.htm On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 02:00:03 -0700, GeorgeRXZ wrote: > Hi friend > > where can i get the free dvd of linux OS. there are many webites who > offer free Linux OS download but it takes lot of ti...

Which Linux OS
We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? Thanx, Gerald S. wrote: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, > or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? > > Thanx, > > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen wrote: >...

linux os
how do i implement device driver in linux????????? On Mar 11, 5:04 pm, pri <velhalpr...@gmail.com> wrote: > how do i implement device driver in linux????????? Linux distributions include all the commonly required drivers. For example a modern distribution will install with complete success on a common garden Dell or HP or Compaq etc P4 desktop without any bother whereas trying to install Windows XP requires a hunt for drivers, even one for the ethernet socket. The main exceptions are where device makers have not provided information to enable Linux drivers to be written. Hardware...

Why linux is linux

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] [Linux] Another Wireless Solution Uses Linux-based OS
Aerohive Courts Controller-less WiFi ,----[ Quote ] | One startup is trying to get rid of the controller to save customers | some important dollars. | | [...] | | Aerohive's cooperative control access point is called the HiveAP 20 | ag and runs HiveOS on top of standard hardware and a standard Linux | kernel. . Flynn explained that HiveOS is based on Linux, with | Aerohive sprinkling in some features for good measure. `---- http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3676391 ...

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

Web resources about - Is there a free Linux OS? - comp.os.linux.setup

Apple needs to provide more information on its secret data centre in the middle of an Irish forest
A government-funded planning body in Ireland wants Apple to provide a lot more information about its proposed Irish data centre, according to ...

Despite long odds, Obama sets out to nominate new justice
WASHINGTON (AP) — It may seem like Mission Impossible. Still, President Barack Obama this week set out on a quest to put his third justice on ...

Cameron to meet cabinet after clinching EU deal
By William Schomberg and Ana Nicolaci da Costa LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister David Cameron will meet senior ministers on Saturday to endorse ...

Virtual reality promises to transform film
Chris Milk stepped onto a TED Conference stage and took the audience on an awe-inducing trip into the future of movies.

Kylie Jenner Is Totally Obsessed With Her Mobile Game
Kylie Jenner holds up her blue Hermes Birkin bag as she leaves Barneys New York on Friday afternoon (February 19) in Beverly Hills, Calif. The ...

Virgin Galactic rolls out 'Unity,' the second SpaceShipTwo
collectSPACE.com Virgin Galactic rolls out 'Unity,' the second SpaceShipTwo collectSPACE.com With those words delivered by physicist Stephen ...

49 killed in US airstrike targeting terrorists in Libya
CNN International 49 killed in US airstrike targeting terrorists in Libya CNN International (CNN) American warplanes hit an ISIS camp in Libya ...

Flights grounded as Tropical Cyclone Winston approaches Fiji
Flights in and out of Fiji have been cancelled as a Category 5 cyclone bears down on the South Pacific nation.

Nicole Angstadt: Two Charged In Murder, Sexual Assault And Dismemberment Of New Jersey 15-Year-Old
Two New Jersey men were charged Friday in the sexual assault and murder of 15-year-old Nicole Angstadt, whose body was recovered in the crawl ...

Last 'Angola 3' prisoner freed, after decades in solitary confinement
Los Angeles Times Last 'Angola 3' prisoner freed, after decades in solitary confinement Los Angeles Times Albert Woodfox, the final member ...