Linux setup problem.

Hi.
I have tried installing Mandrake Linux 9.1 on my machine at home, but
I can't seem to get the video card to work.
I have an ATI Radeon 7500 on an EMC monitor, and Linux installer can't
detect a suitable mode for the display.
Everything works just fine on my Win XP OS.
The Linux installer runs XFree86 v4.3, and I think this one is most up
to date.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated?
Thank you.
0
dylgiqt
9/8/2003 6:26:17 PM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Ilian scribbled:

> Hi.
> I have tried installing Mandrake Linux 9.1 on my machine at home, but
> I can't seem to get the video card to work.
> I have an ATI Radeon 7500 on an EMC monitor, and Linux installer can't
> detect a suitable mode for the display.
> Everything works just fine on my Win XP OS.
> The Linux installer runs XFree86 v4.3, and I think this one is most up
> to date.
> Any suggestions will be much appreciated?
> Thank you.

This may assist you or at least point you in the right direction.  Also,
check the Mandrake Linux mailing list or online forums.
http://www.flux.org/pipermail/linux/2002-May/008880.html

--
Free Software Foundation (FSF) Associate Member 499
Linux Counter Statistics: UserID 277671

0
horne

Web resources about - Linux setup problem. - comp.os.linux.setup

The government’s surprising problem
Labor has powered up a savage campaign to punish Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull for failure to meet a tax overhaul deadline — a deadline that ...

Android Marshmallow problems: troubleshooting guide
... a lot of great changes to Android, it's not without at least a few flaws. With that in mind, here are the major Android Marshmallow problems ...

French OptiMiam Tapping Into Global Waste Food Problem
... the clerk said he would need to throw the food away at the end of the day if it is not sold. "I had worked in a cafe so I knew of the problem ...

Apple apologizes for ‘Error 53’ iPhone bricking issue, rolls out iOS update to fix the problem
Earlier this month, iPhone 6 users who recently upgraded to iOS 9 were dismayed to discover that their devices had been bricked, with no indication ...

Amazon wants to accomplish a nearly-impossible task — and it's already plagued with problems
Amazon is detemined to take over the apparel industry. The brand is scooping up talented people in the fashion world for roles on its merchandising ...

Kim Kardashian thinks Kanye West ‘just has a problem controlling his impulses’
... get it all out. Kanye might seem mentally unstable at times, but there has never been any concern for Kim, or the kids. Kanye just has a problem ...

The Fed's 'communications problem'
Handicapping the Fed's next move is looking more and more like a fool's game, even for those inside the central bank.

Paul LePage Of Maine Heckled At Town Hall, Called 'Asylum Seekers Are Our Biggest Problem'
The contemptible Paul LePage of Maine continues to bring shame to his state, this time for trying to deny benefits to recent immigrants saying ...

Giardi: Is Hanley Ramirez ’taking it slow’ a problem?
... 36° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Giardi: Is Hanley Ramirez ’taking it slow’ a problem? ...