Not able instal linux(problem in partioning the Linux)

i have Windows xp in my system, i am using 80gb hard disk. in that i
have used 70 GB for windows Xp and i left 10 GB free for Linux.... i
want to install Red hat linux 9.0. I can boot the red hat linux for the
installation but when i go to the step of partitioning for linux. i can
make only two partitions like /, and /boot.. or swap and /, or any two
combinations if i go for the... more =BB
by kirankumar.277@gmail.com  - 11:53am - 1 new of 1 message

0
kirankumar
10/15/2006 6:56:58 PM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Linux, Linux, Linux

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

Why linux is linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

Installing Linux from within Linux?
Seriously. I've got a laptop that currently dual-boots Debian and Windows 2k. I'd like to replace the Debian installation with Slackware (I'm more used to the latter). Problem is, the laptop has no floppy drive, a questionable CDROM drive (it reads commercial CDs fine, but hates anything created in a home burner), and is too old to boot from the network or USB devices. So, what I'd *like* to do is boot Debian and kick off a Slackware installation (via NFS) from within that, which would then overwrite the Debian install itself. Can it actually be done? I&#...

Linux to Linux Fileshare Problem
I have two old desktops both running Ubuntu Linux, I also have an XP laptop all working behind a draytek 2600 router. Samba is set up on both Linux machines, my XP machine can access both Linux machines and both Linux machines can access the XP laptop. Problem is neither Linux machine can view the other's files. If from either Linux machine I connect to the network it shows the other Linux machine, clicking on the networked Linux machine it then lists the shared directories but if I click on the directories a window opens requesting a username, domain and password. The username sh...

Linux Beginner, Which Linux to install?
I want to install linux, but i know nothing about it. IS there any good website for beginner? Which linux you guys recommended for beginner? Also, what is the minimum system requirement ? Thanks! marslee@hotmail.com wrote: > IS there any good website for beginner? > Which linux you guys recommended for beginner? > Also, what is the minimum system requirement ? Hi marslee, if you have got a fast&cheap inet connection, why not try gentoo? it sure is a bitch to install, but as soon as you get it up&running (give it a week or two) its cool. gentoo compile...

[News] [Linux] Linux Installation as Easy as Windows Installation
Initial Review of Ubuntu 7.04 on Dell Laptop ,----[ Quote ] | The installation for Ubuntu is as simple as installing Windows. If you've | loaded other Linux distro's you know that sometimes this process can be time | consuming and complicated. The Ubuntu disk asks you some setting questions | such as your language and location, and then moves into partitioning. Since | I've already partitioned my laptop when I loaded Fedora Core I didn't use | this functionality, but it looks pretty straight forward. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/wireless/networks/archives/initia...

Linux and vpnclient-linux-4.0.3.B-k9 install problem
Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1 Wed Apr 21 20:19:18 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ../vpn_install Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (B) Linux Installer Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By installing this product you agree that you have read the license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with its terms. Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin] Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes] ...

Linux Could NOT Have Invented Linux
The current view in Western technology is that Linus Torvalds invented Linux. Nothing could be further from the truth. The technical complexity and useability of Linux make it beyond the capability of what man could produce using the tools available in 1992. My theory is that Ancient Astronauts descended from the sky on 'Chariots of the Gods' and showed Linus *how* to write an Operating System. These alien visitors must have appeared as strange to the young Torvalds, and so he may have mistaken them for carpet vendors. -- w:04 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:28:27 GMT, Erich Von ...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/ne...

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

Trouble Installing Linux/Cisco VPN Client Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1
Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1 Wed Apr 21 20:19:18 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ../vpn_install Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (B) Linux Installer Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By installing this product you agree that you have read the license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with its terms. Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin] Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes] ...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

[News] Interviews: Linux Foundation Head on Linux Success; EnGarde Secure Linux Leader on Linux as Primary Solution
Q&A: Jim Zemlin touts the 'second phase' of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The passion that Ubuntu generates is good for Red Hat and other vendors. We | need to keep our eye on that ball. Their success is ours. `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9027838 The LXer Interview: Dave Wreski of EnGarde Secure Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Open source has slowly but surely shed its skin only as an "alternative" and | is now considered a primary solution. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/89907/index.html ...

ssh over php from w2k to linux hangs (linux to linux ok)
Hello, I am trying to make some bash-scripts, that are to be executed on remote linux-boxes available to some Windows users over a php-interface. To require no interaction from the part of the windows users, I installed cygwin, generated rsa-keys and copied the public key on the server. I also changed the user, running the apache service appropriately and I added cygwin/bin to this users path. So, executing "ssh user@server something" worked using the cygwin-bash or the windows CLI. However, if I execute a php-script containing a "system" or "proc_open" with th...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

Web resources about - Not able instal linux(problem in partioning the Linux) - comp.os.linux.setup

Radioactive waste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Radioactive wastes are wastes that contain radioactive material. Radioactive wastes are usually by-products of nuclear power generation and other ...

MC2GH512NMCA-2SA00 datasheet(2/102 Pages) SAMSUNG - SAMSUNG MultiMediaCard
MultiMediaCard TM2Sep.22.2005Revision 0.3Document TitleSAMSUNG MultiMediaCardRevision HistoryThe attached data sheets are prepared and approved ...

OTHER issues with Signed SSLVerifySignedServerKeyExchange
... was posted inside Google as well as on the public Google Testing blog. On of the commenters said " Good example of equivalence class partioning ...

blend.js, canvas manipulation tool - Coders Grid
Coders Grid your best development resources collections site Menu Skip to content Resource web development design stuffs guideline coding mobile ...

Feature Index
Counting the Cost of a HDTV Upgrade (01/08) Introductory Guide to Buying a HDTV (01/08) Diskeeper 9 Defragmentation Application Review (02/05) ...

Supporting Characters : DVD Talk Review of the Theatrical
Reviewed at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Supporting Characters is a film about filmmakers. I know, I know. If there's one complaint about the ...

blend.js, canvas manipulation tool
blend.js is a simple JS library used to partition images and let you apply effects on them. It uses a data structure (2D grid) to represent a ...

SteamOS beta updated to support BIOS-based PCs and dual-booting
... was for experts only. The initial build was… rough , to say the least—only Nvidia graphics cards were supported, crucial dual-booting and partioning ...

J. R. Isaac , Ritu Dangwal , C. Chakraborty
Search Images Maps Play YouTube News Gmail Drive More Calendar Orkut Translate Books Blogger Photos Even more » Account Options Sign in Advanced ...

NAVAJO - HOPI Land Dispute, history, maps, links
NAVAJO - HOPI Land dispute, Big Mountain Navajos to be displaced; role of Peabody Coal. Brief historical overview, maps. links to Hopi and Big ...