Article: Linux is an operating system for all ages

  Linux is an operating system for all ages

0
user1
5/9/2015 4:44:16 PM
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] [Linux] Is Linux Ahead of All Other Operating Systems?
Color Theory - Linux and Personal Preferences ,----[ Quote ] | What is confusion is also power. Linux runs in more languages, | on more platforms, in more ways, than any other OS on the planet. | It is developed world wide by a huge group of very passionate | people. It can be made to match the ideals and goals of whomever | for whatever. If you need simple, easy: it's there! See Xandros or | Linspire: there are no operating systems easier to install than | those. None. Not OS.X even. Note that these both chose KDE for | the user interface too. `---- http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/...

Linux Advocates Have Poor Knowledge Of Their Chosen Operating System, Linux.
Spend 10 minutes in COLA and you will quickly see how little factual data t= he Linux advocates provide. Oh they love to attack and use the mob mentalit= y of the herd to swarm the opposition but in terms of factual data, they ha= ve so very little. Peter Kohlmann sets the expectation for the Linux users to actually know so= mething about Linux, very low. He is literally wrong about Linux of foss 100 percent of the time. Why do Linux advocates know so little about their chosen OS? Why do they run when asked to prove their claims? Here are just a few of Peter Kohlmann's err...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

All Real Time Operating Systems ( linux Based ) Other than RT-linux
Hi all, I want to know, there are any REAL TIME OPERATING systems( RTOS) which should have total linux compatible other than RT- Linux. And are there any free Real time Operating systems ( Linux Based ) is available on the Internet. Please provide some information regarding this issue. mahi wrote: > Hi all, I want to know, there are any REAL TIME OPERATING > systems( RTOS) which should have total linux compatible other than RT- > Linux. > > And are there any free Real time Operating systems ( Linux Based ) is > available on the Internet. > > Please provide some in...

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

Why linux is linux

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

[News] [Linux] Innovative Operating System Debuts, Based on Linux
Can G.ho.st scare Microsoft? ,----[ Quote ] | G.ho.st uses Linux technologies along with freshly architected pieces | in such areas as client-to-server connectivity. `---- http://www.pcworld.ca/news/article/66d2cc210a010408006ca32ef20852fa/pg0.htm ...

All Reel Time Operating Systems ( Linux based ) Other than RT-linux
Hi all, I want to know, there are any REAL TIME OPERATING systems( RTOS) which should have total linux compatible other than RT- Linux. And are there any free Real time Operating systems ( Linux Based ) is available on the Internet. Please provide some information regarding this issue. ...

[News] [Linux] If You Can Click, You Can Create Your Own Linux Operating System
Revisor utility creates custom install images for Fedora ,----[ Quote ] | Imagine a customized GNU/Linux distribution, built to your | specifications with a minimal amount of effort on your part. | If you are running Fedora 7, that dream is now a reality, thanks | to Revisor, a graphical interface for building custom install | images for Fedora. `---- http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/06/06/2017215 More good news for Fedora: Fedora's rc becomes dependency aware ,----[ Quote ] | Harald Hoyer, a Red Hat developer, has released a first draft with | details of the possible new ...

[News] [Linux] Large Report on Smartphone Operating Systems Optimistic on Linux
Get a deep insight into the Smartphone Operating Systems Industry ,----[ Quote ] | A growing number of handsets vendors are showing interest in Linux | and a majority of the key handset vendors already sell Linux devices | in some markets. The stability and openness of Linux can well outweigh | the disadvantage of continued platform fragmentation, resulting in | more models on more market from several manufacturers. Together, | various open Linux platforms, including Palm?s new Linux-based | inhouse Palm OS version, are estimated to account for nearly 41 | percent of the worldwide smartphone...

[News] [Linux] New Virtual Operating System is Based on Linux, GPLed
Linux CorneliOS is a Multi User System ,----[ Quote ] | CorneliOS is platform and browser independent and is available as | free open source software under the GPL as well as under a | commercial license. `---- http://newspartner.net/blog/linux-cornelios-is-a-multi-user-system/ Companies/projects like these could one day be acquired by Google. Booting with Linux (e.g. from a USB stick) is not an issue. They haven't all the pieces (cloud) in place yet. Google has just bought a company for their multi-core solutions, but that's probably intended to boost server utility. Things are...

[News] [Linux] Acceptance Gained for Linux as a Mission-critical and Healthcare Operating System
Open source use expanding in mission critical apps ,----[ Quote ] | Perceptions still dog open source, such as the lack of support | services or security, but these attitudes in corporate IT are | changing, according to Forrester. `---- http://www.echannelline.com/usa/story.cfm?item=21981 Linux in Healthcare ,----[ Quote ] | Linux in healthcare is a tale of things seen and unseen. Linux/Open | Source have enjoyed tremendous popularity in embedded systems and | networks for major technologies used in healthcare that healthcare | providers may not even be aware of. `---- http://www.linux-ma...

Web resources about - Article: Linux is an operating system for all ages - comp.os.linux

Forward operating base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A forward operating base (FOB) is any secured forward military position, commonly a military base , that is used to support tactical operations. ...

Fremantle mayor fears an organised bike ring is operating in port city
Fremantle mayor Brad Pettitt fears there is an organised bike ring operating in the port city after the recent spate of bicycle thefts.

ACT police warn of telephone tax scammers operating in Canberra
ACT Police has warned Canberrans to be wary of a common phone scam operating in the area.

Airline operating margins to reach 50-year high due to low oil price: CAPA
The low oil price will propel airline operating margins to the highest level since the mid-1960s, although margins will decline next year.

Remix OS 2.0 is a full desktop operating system that runs Android apps
With App Runtime for Chrome (ARC), users can run Android apps on their computers. It makes for a decent experience, but ultimately it's just ...

Fantasy Sports Win New York Court Approval to Keep Operating
DraftKings and FanDuel can keep operating in New York while an appeals court decides whether to shut down the two biggest daily fantasy sports ...

Blackberry to keep operating in Pakistan
Phone maker Blackberry is no longer going to shut down its operations in Pakistan following a row over access to its users messages

Only a tiny fraction of Android smartphones are running the latest version of Google's operating system ...
... of Android smartphones. Google published figures earlier this week showing the latest breakdown of the various versions of its mobile operating ...

Google Glass enters operating room at Stanford
Surgeons in training at Stanford University add Google's Internet-connected headset to their list of at-hand surgical tools.

Appellate Panel Grants FanDuel, DraftKings Another Stay, Allowing Them To Continue Operating In NY
... announced that despite a New York judge granting the state a temporary injunction that barred the daily fantasy sports (DFS) sites from operating ...