How do I configure thttpd to run cgi scripts ?

I am trying to configure thttpd to allow me to run CGI scripts.

I have a configuration file /etc/thttpd/thttpd.conf, which contains the
following entries:

# chroot/nochroot
# Sets whether thttpd will chroot after starting.
# Default: nochroot
chroot

# user: userid
# Specified which user to switch after intialiazation when started as root.
# Default: www-data
user=httpd

# urlpat: pattern
# urlpat is commented out

# dir: directory
# Specifies a directory to chdir() to after thttpd starts.
# This directory will most likely be the directory you will be serving your
# clients from.
dir=/var/www

# cgipat: pattern
# Specifies which URL may contain executable CGI files.
# Default: None
cgipat=/cgi-bin/*.cgi

I presume that this entry is relative to /var/www, ie cgi is located at
/var/www/cgi-bin.

Can I move the cgi script to outside of the www path, eg /var/cgi ?
How would I get the script to run in this instance ?

My script /var/www/cgi-bin/hello.cgi is as follows:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 mark www 65 2005-11-20 08:52 hello.cgi

It contains:

#! /bin/sh
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo "Hello CGI World!"

I point the browser at the server machine as follows:

http://testhost:8002/

This reveals:

Index of /

mode  links  bytes  last-changed  name
dr-x   3        4096  Nov 20 08:48  ./
dr-x   3        4096  Nov 20 08:48  ../
dr-x   2        4096  Nov 20 08:48  cgi-bin/

I now point at the cgi script, as follows:

http://neptune:8002/cgi-bin/hello.cgi

This errors as:

500 Internal Error
There was an unusual problem serving the requested URL '/cgi-bin/hello.cgi'.
thttpd/2.23beta1 26may2002
HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Why does it not work ?

If I change the attributes of hello.cgi to -rwxr-xr-- (ie not executable by
other), I get the content of the cgi file in the browser window.

Why is it using the "other" attribute ?
my configuration file says "user=httpd". The user "httpd" is a member of the
group www. I want to use the group permissions for execute.

Please advise.

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West

Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596

http://markhobley.yi.org/

0
markhobley (503)
11/20/2005 10:08:04 AM
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> I am trying to configure thttpd to allow me to run CGI scripts.

If you could post your cgi script -- or at least the output of the
script when run from the command line -- that would help us rule out
problems with your script.  However, I don't think that's the issue.

> I have a configuration file /etc/thttpd/thttpd.conf, which contains the
> following entries:
>
> # chroot/nochroot
> # Sets whether thttpd will chroot after starting.
> # Default: nochroot
> chroot

I suspect this is the issue.  Let's say you have a CGI script that
starts with:

  #!/bin/sh

If you chroot thttpd to /var/www, there *is* no /bin/sh available.
The whole idea behind chrooting a process is to restrict its view of the
filesystem.  If you wanted this to work, you would have to create
/var/www/bin and place there a copy of /bin/sh, *and* you would have to
make /var/www/lib and copy there any shared libraries required by
/bin/sh.

> Can I move the cgi script to outside of the www path, eg /var/cgi ?
> How would I get the script to run in this instance ?

Thttpd does not support access to files outside of the document root.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net>
This email address will expire on 2005-11-23.

In alt.comp.linux Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net> wrote:

> If you could post your cgi script -- or at least the output of the
> script when run from the command line -- that would help us rule out
> problems with your script.  However, I don't think that's the issue.

#! /bin/sh
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo "Hello CGI World!"

That is my entire script. I haven't written anything else yet :)

>> I have a configuration file /etc/thttpd/thttpd.conf, which contains the
>> following entries:
>>
>> # chroot/nochroot
>> # Sets whether thttpd will chroot after starting.
>> # Default: nochroot
>> chroot
>
> I suspect this is the issue.  Let's say you have a CGI script that
> starts with:
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>
> If you chroot thttpd to /var/www, there *is* no /bin/sh available.

Ok, I wasn't sure whether the spawned CGI process was chrooted. I didn't fully
understand the setup documentation on this. I presumed that only the server
daemon was chrooted.

I suppose then that I have to change to configuration file as follows:

# chroot/nochroot
# Sets whether thttpd will chroot after starting.
# Default: nochroot
nochroot

> Can I move the cgi script to outside of the www path, eg /var/cgi ?
> How would I get the script to run in this instance ?

Ok, I'm going to try again without the chroot.

> Thttpd does not support access to files outside of the document root.

Ok. I'll keep it in the www path then.

Cheers,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West
QUINTON
Birmingham
B32 1QE

Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596

http://markhobley.yi.org/

0
markhobley (503)
11/20/2005 5:08:03 PM
On 2005-11-20, Mark Hobley wrote:
> In alt.comp.linux Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net> wrote:
>
>> If you could post your cgi script -- or at least the output of the
>> script when run from the command line -- that would help us rule out
>> problems with your script.  However, I don't think that's the issue.
>>

> #! /bin/sh
> echo "Content-type: text/html"
> echo "Hello CGI World!"
>
> That is my entire script. I haven't written anything else yet :)

   You need a blank line after Content-type:

echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo
echo "Hello CGI World!"

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
   Author:
In alt.comp.linux Mark Hobley <markhobley@hotpop.deletethisbit.com> wrote:

> #! /bin/sh
> echo "Content-type: text/html"
> echo "Hello CGI World!"

Ok, I have to echo a blank line between the content type and the message,
as follows:

 #! /bin/sh
 echo "Content-type: text/html"
 echo
 echo "Hello CGI World!"

Why is this ? What is the purpose of the blank line ?

> I suppose then that I have to change to configuration file as follows:
>
> # chroot/nochroot
> # Sets whether thttpd will chroot after starting.
> # Default: nochroot
> nochroot

Ok, my CGI script now works.

I still need to fix the permissions. Why is it using the third set of
permissions, instead of the second set.

I want the file to have permissions: rwxr-x---

Please advise.

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West
QUINTON
Birmingham
B32 1QE

Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596

http://markhobley.yi.org/

0
markhobley (503)
11/20/2005 6:08:03 PM
On 2005-11-20, Mark Hobley wrote:
> In alt.comp.linux Mark Hobley <markhobley@hotpop.deletethisbit.com> wrote:
>>
>> #! /bin/sh
>> echo "Content-type: text/html"
>> echo "Hello CGI World!"
>
> Ok, I have to echo a blank line between the content type and the message,
> as follows:
>
>  #! /bin/sh
>  echo "Content-type: text/html"
>  echo
>  echo "Hello CGI World!"
>
> Why is this ? What is the purpose of the blank line ?

   To separate the header from the body.

>> I suppose then that I have to change to configuration file as follows:
>>
>> # chroot/nochroot
>> # Sets whether thttpd will chroot after starting.
>> # Default: nochroot
>> nochroot
>>

> Ok, my CGI script now works.
>
> I still need to fix the permissions. Why is it using the third set of
> permissions, instead of the second set.
>
> I want the file to have permissions: rwxr-x---

    Presumably, because the server is not being run by the group
    owner.

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
   Author:
> Ok, I wasn't sure whether the spawned CGI process was chrooted. I didn't fully
> understand the setup documentation on this. I presumed that only the server
> daemon was chrooted.

The server starts the CGI scripts.  If it was able to somehow run them
"outside" of the chroot environment, this would make the whole chroot
idea mostly worthless.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net>
This email address will expire on 2005-11-23.

> Ok, I have to echo a blank line between the content type and the message,
> as follows:
>
>  #! /bin/sh
>  echo "Content-type: text/html"
>  echo
>  echo "Hello CGI World!"
>
> Why is this ? What is the purpose of the blank line ?

The blank line seperates the headers (content-type, cookies, response
code, etc.) from the body.  Without the blank line, there's no way to
differentiate them.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net>
This email address will expire on 2005-11-23.

How to Configure Apache to run PHP Scripts on linux
Hi, I am new to this PHP and linux OS as well. I am trying to install to Apache 2.2.8 and PHP 5.2.5 and do some PHP coding. I've installed Apache and tested it. Its working fine. Then, I installed PHP 5.2.5. The command I used to configure is ../configure \ -with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs After Installing PHP, I am not able to stop/start Apache. The error is: httpd: Syntax error on line 53 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: /usr/ local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: php_ini_opened_path. Then I surf...

[ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms
Hi, I'm a new ACE user and have been using it happily on WIN32 for a couple months. Great software! Now I'm trying to build it on various unix systems and would prefer to use the "configure" scripts... but these don't seem to work for me. ACE VERSION: 5.4.6 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7) SYNOPSIS: cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms DESCRIPTION: pc54:1:gpy/ace-5.4.6/ACE_wrappers> cd linux/ pc54:0:ace-5.4.6/ACE_wrappers/linux> ../configure : bad interpreter: No such file or directory pc54:126:ace-5.4.6/ACE_wrappers/linux> /bin/sh ../configure : command not found25: .../configure: line 33: syntax error near unexpected token `elif' .../configure: line 33: `elif test -n "${BASH_VERSION+set}" && (set -o posix) >/dev'null 2>&1; then The error ": command not found25:" disapears if I remove the empty line 25! Strangely enough, I can run configure scripts for other packages (like Apache Portable Runtime) just fine. These other scripts have exactly the same beginning as ACE's configure scripts. REPEAT BY: extract ACE 5.4.6 distrib. create "linux" directory under ACE_wrappers. cd linux; ...

RE: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms
Well, I just downloaded 5.4.7 (the tar.gz version, not the .zip file) and this one seems to work. Is the zip file meant only for PCs? greg -----Original Message----- From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of Greg Popovitch Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 3:32 PM To: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms Hi, I'm a new ACE user and have been using it happily on WIN32 for a couple months. Great software! Now I'm trying to build it on various unix systems and would prefer to use the "configure" scripts... but these don't seem to work for me. ACE VERSION: 5.4.6 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7) SYNOPSIS: cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms DESCRIPTION: pc54:1:gpy/ace-5.4.6/ACE_wrappers> cd linux/ pc54:0:ace-5.4.6/ACE_wrappers/linux> ../configure : bad interpreter: No such file or directory pc54:126:ace-5.4.6/ACE_wrappers/linux> /bin/sh ../configure : command not found25: .../configure: line 33: syntax error near unexpected token `elif' .../configure: line 33: `elif test -n "${BASH_VERSION+set}" && (set -o posix) >...

[ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4
Hi, I'm a new ACE user. When I run configure script, it failed as it couldn't find stddef.h file: configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 In file included from conftest.cc:12: /usr/include/stdlib.h:33:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:30, from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, from conftest.cc:12: /usr/include/bits/types.h:29:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, How do I specify the include path for this file? On my machine this file is not in the /usr/include, but in these locations: /usr/include/linux /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/include /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/include /usr/lib/bcc/include Thanks, Yev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------- My configuration: uname -m = i686 uname -r = 2.4.9-e.38enterprise uname -s = Linux uname -v = #1 SMP Tue Feb 10 23:59:30 EST 2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes on...

RE: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or ot her unix platforms
Well, since we're at the topic, I have not been able to unpack the tar.gz on Windows either. I remember seeing confirmation boxes about overwriting files and a bunch of files end up in the root of the extract dir instead of the proper subdirs. I tried with WinZip, WinRAR and 7-zip, but never with success. On the other hand, using the ZIP on Unix worked for me. I unzipped on Windows and added the files to our CVS repository. I then checked out on Unix without problems. I haven't tried the configure script lately, but I remember it used to work this way. Of course, CVS takes care of the line endings during the conversion, so that seems to confirm your "guess". Best regards, Kris -----Original Message----- From: jtc@acorntoolworks.com [mailto:jtc@acorntoolworks.com] Sent: Monday, 22 August, 2005 22:12 To: Greg Popovitch Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms "Greg Popovitch" <gpy@altair.com> writes: > Well, I just downloaded 5.4.7 (the tar.gz version, not the .zip file) > and this one seems to work. Is the zip file meant only for PCs? Hi Greg, Until your PRF and followup, I thought the contents of the *.zip and *.tar.gz files were the same. My only guess is that DOS-style line ends were extracted for the *.zip file (at least for configure) and that the configure script didn't like it much. I'll put it in my queue of thi...

RE: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms #2
That's exactly correct, JTC; I just verified this with "od" on unix. The configure script from the ace 5.4.6 zip file has it lines terminated with \r\n instead or \n only. I'm used to xemacs and vi showing the \r characters and that's why I didn't suspect this as a cause of my problem, but it turns out the win32 xemacs and linux vi I used did not show the spurious carriage return characters. It probably would be better to ensure that all the files distributed have exactly the same content. Thanks for the quick answers. ACE rocks. Greg PS: And no, I'm not a basketball coach... no relation with the Spurs. -----Original Message----- From: jtc@acorntoolworks.com [mailto:jtc@acorntoolworks.com] Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 4:12 PM To: Greg Popovitch Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms "Greg Popovitch" <gpy@altair.com> writes: > Well, I just downloaded 5.4.7 (the tar.gz version, not the .zip file) > and this one seems to work. Is the zip file meant only for PCs? Hi Greg, Until your PRF and followup, I thought the contents of the *.zip and *.tar.gz files were the same. My only guess is that DOS-style line ends were extracted for the *.zip file (at least for configure) and that the configure script didn't like it much. I'll put it in my queue of things to investigate before the next beta. ...

RE: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or other unix platforms #2
> > Well, I just downloaded 5.4.7 (the tar.gz version, not the .zip file) > and this one seems to work. Is the zip file meant only for PCs? Its highly likely that the problem is related to carriage-return-linefeed differences, or tabs converting to spaces. The tabs issue usually only affects Makefiles, which in this case are generated, so its probably something to do with CR-LF. Dave ...

Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4
Hi Yev, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. Thanks, Doug >> I'm a new ACE user. When I run configure script, it failed as it >> couldn't find stddef.h file: >> >> configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 >> In file included from conftest.cc:12: >> /usr/include/stdlib.h:33:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory >> In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:30, >> from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, >> from conftest.cc:12: >> /usr/include/bits/types.h:29:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory >> In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, >> >> How do I specify the include path for this file? >> >> On my machine this file is not in the /usr/include, but in these >> locations: >> /usr/include/linux >> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/include >> ...

RE: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or ot her unix platforms
OK, I see. Which tools/versions of native Windows unpackers are known to work? I'm not really keen on installing cygwin, just for unpacking the tarball. - Kris -----Original Message----- From: jtc@acorntoolworks.com [mailto:jtc@acorntoolworks.com] Sent: Tuesday, 23 August, 2005 04:05 To: Dekeyser, Kris Cc: 'Greg Popovitch'; 'ace-users@cs.wustl.edu' Subject: Re: [ace-users] Cannot get configure script to run on linux or ot her unix platforms "Dekeyser, Kris" <Kris.Dekeyser@lms.be> writes: > Well, since we're at the topic, I have not been able to unpack the > tar.gz on Windows either. I remember seeing confirmation boxes about > overwriting files and a bunch of files end up in the root of the > extract dir instead of the proper subdirs. I tried with WinZip, > WinRAR and 7-zip, but never with success. The current ACE/TAO distribution tarballs use POSIX ustar format. Earlier versions used the GNU tar extensions. If your unarchiver only supports the old V7 tar format, the long path names found in the distribution may cause problems like the overwriting of files, files in the wrong directory, etc. --jtc -- J.T. Conklin +-+-+- Email Confidentiality Footer +-+-+- Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not print, retain, copy nor dissem...

Error when python script run as cgi script
Hi, I'm running a python script which if I run from the command line as root runs fine. But if I run it through the web-browser as a cgi script gives the following error "Error in X11: unable to start device PNG". Now I should say that this python script is calling fucntions in R (a scripting languange used in statistics) using the python module RPy, so this I dunno if this is entirely a Python question, because as far as I can see the error is being thrown by R. But then as I say, when the script is run by the root user from the command line everything goes off without a hitch....

Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
Hi Yev, If you want to use the configure script please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.8, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". If you need to stick with ACE 5.4 please continue to use the "classic" configuration model described in ACE_ROOT/ACE-INSTALL.html Thanks, Doug >> ACE VERSION: 5.4 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> uname -m = i686 >> uname -r = 2.4.9-e.38enterprise >> uname -s = Linux (Red Hat) >> uname -v = #1 SMP Tue Feb 10 23:59:30 EST 2004 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> same as above >> g++ 3.2.2 >> >> [103] --> g++ -v >> Reading specs from >> /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs >> Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/opt/gcc/3.2.2 >> --mandir=/opt/gcc/3.2.2/share/man --infodir=/opt/gcc/3.2.2/share/info >> --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking >> --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit >> --with-as=/opt/binutils/2.13/bin/as --with-ld=/opt/binutils/2.13/bin/ld >> --host=i386-redhat-linux >> Thread model: posix >> gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5.relocate2) >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/confi...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
Hi Yevgeniy, Thank you for the PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM. If you want to continue to use ACE 5.4, please use the traditional build mechanism as described in ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html. If you would like to use the autoconfigure method, please download ACE 5.4.8 instead. -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Helping you succeed with ACE See http://www.riverace.com/support.htm > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of > Gendelman, Yevgeniy > Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:17 PM > To: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure > script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > > > ACE VERSION: 5.4 > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > uname -m = i686 > uname -r = 2.4.9-e.38enterprise > uname -s = Linux (Red Hat) > uname -v = #1 SMP Tue Feb 10 23:59:30 EST 2004 > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > C...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
Hi Yev, Please follow the directions in the ACE-INSTALL.html file - it appears from your PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM that you created a config.h and platform_macros.GNU file (as used in the traditional build) but then tried to use the configure script. Also, you should consider the possibility that g++ is not built or configured correctly, or your system needs patches - the error messages suggest that a system header file is triggering the compile error. Best regards, -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Helping you succeed with ACE See http://www.riverace.com/support.htm > -----Original Message----- > From: Gendelman, Yevgeniy [mailto:yevgeniy.gendelman@lehman.com] > Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:58 PM > To: Steve Huston; Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure > script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > > > I'...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
Please disregard my question. I was using a wrong version of gcc. It works now. Thank you for the prompt responses, Yev -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:Thomas.Lockhart@jpl.nasa.gov] Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:07 PM To: Gendelman, Yevgeniy Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.4 Use at least 5.4.1, which is a bug-fix-only followup to 5.4. We use 5.4.1 in production with success. > [103] --> g++ -v > Reading specs from > /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs .... 3.2.2 probably works, though I'm not using that in production now. > This is from config.log file: > configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 > In file included from conftest.cc:12: > /usr/include/stdlib.h:33:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory In > file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:30, > from /usr/include/stdlib.h:390, > from conftest.cc:12: > /usr/include/bits/types.h:29:20: stddef.h: No such file or directory .... Either /usr/include/linux/stddef.h does not exist, or your compiler does not know how to find it. My g++ does not need anything on the command line to find /usr/include/linux. On my FC4 machine, the files are in the following RPM packages: mini> rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/stddef.h glibc-kernhead...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
ACE VERSION: 5.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: uname -m = i686 uname -r = 2.4.9-e.38enterprise uname -s = Linux (Red Hat) uname -v = #1 SMP Tue Feb 10 23:59:30 EST 2004 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): same as above g++ 3.2.2 [103] --> g++ -v Reading specs from /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/opt/gcc/3.2.2 --mandir=/opt/gcc/3.2.2/share/man --infodir=/opt/gcc/3.2.2/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-as=/opt/binutils/2.13/bin/as --with-ld=/opt/binutils/2.13/bin/ld --host=i386-redhat-linux Thread model: posix gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5.relocate2) CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: ln -s to config-linux.h CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): ln -s to platform_linux.GNU AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: [What example failed? What module failed to compile?] DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: ACE installation SYNOPSIS: [Brief description of the problem] examples run by the configure script fail because they cannot find stddef.h and few other include files. DESCRIPTION: This is from config.log file: configure:4028: g++ -c -g -O2 conftest.cc >&5 ...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
I'm getting the same problem with ACE VERSION: 5.4.8 Yev -----Original Message----- From: Steve Huston [mailto:shuston@riverace.com] Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:03 PM To: Gendelman, Yevgeniy; 'Douglas C. Schmidt'; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 Hi Yevgeniy, Thank you for the PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM. If you want to continue to use ACE 5.4, please use the traditional build mechanism as described in ACE_wrappers/ACE-INSTALL.html. If you would like to use the autoconfigure method, please download ACE 5.4.8 instead. -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Helping you succeed with ACE See http://www.riverace.com/support.htm > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu] On Behalf Of > Gendelman, Yevgeniy > Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:17 PM > To: Douglas C. Schmidt; ace-users@cs.wustl.edu > Subject: RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure > script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > >...

RE: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 #2
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------ Either /usr/include/linux/stddef.h does not exist, or your compiler does not know how to find it. My g++ does not need anything on the command line to find /usr/include/linux. On my FC4 machine, the files are in the following RPM packages: mini> rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/stddef.h glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.94 mini> rpm -qf /usr/include/stdlib.h glibc-headers-2.3.5-10.3 Maybe you do not have "glibc-kernheaders" installed? hth - Tom ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------- Tom, I can compile and run the programs with g++, too. I get this error (cannot find stddef.h) when I try to compile it with gcc. Sample program: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stddef.h> int main () { exit (42); ; return 0; } -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Lockhart [mailto:Thomas.Lockhart@jpl.nasa.gov] Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:07 PM To: Gendelman, Yevgeniy Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] problems with running Configure script on Linux for ACE-5.4 > ACE VERSION: 5.4 Use at least 5.4.1, which is a bug-fix-only followup to 5.4. We use 5.4.1 in production with success. > [103] --> g++ -v > Reading specs from > /opt/gcc/3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs .... 3.2.2 probably works, though I'...

how do i configure apache
I understood there is a httpd.conf file. do i just enter the code in the file? i can't install the platform 'cause my web service does not run php. On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Silver Knight wrote: > I understood there is a httpd.conf file. > do i just enter the code in the file? No, you write into the file(s) .htaccess : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/htaccess.html http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html ...

run a script and supply commands from a python cgi script
Hi #1 How do I open a script from another script. #2 when I run the script how can I supply commands to the script. #3 how do I find the what commands the script needs. The thing is like this. I need to set up a module on my server, but i cant access the server with a comand line. So I want to run setup.py script (I nead to run setup.py to setup up the module) from a python cgi script, and supply commands from the script. So if any one can help me with this I would appreciate it. Moishy moishyyehuda@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > > #1 How do I open a script from another script. Use su...

how do i configure apache
I understood there is a httpd.conf file. do i just enter the code in the file? i can't install the platform 'cause my web service does not run php. On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Silver Knight wrote: > I understood there is a httpd.conf file. > do i just enter the code in the file? No, you write into the file(s) .htaccess : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/htaccess.html http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html ...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business smartphones from Italian handset | designer Enteos. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9710475530.html Open Linux developer phone opens up more ,----[ Quote ] | Trolltech has loosened key licensing restrictions on its | user-modifiable Linux-based mobile phone for open source software | developers. Users of the Greenphone will no longer be restricted to | running Qtopia software on the device, nor to using the device only | in its supplied hardware/software configuration. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4872069549.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will >| provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many >| thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") >| a...

Running an OS for the sake of running the OS
One of Edwins favorite trolls is to claim that no one should run a OS as an end in itself when someone mentions that his beloved POS PC can't even run OSX. This has always amused me since the operating system very much sets the standard for every application that runs atop it. With Tiger, this has become very apparent. OS X gives the user a system wide search that searches just about everything in the computer. Any application can incorporate this into the application OS X gives every application the ability to tap into Core Audio, Core Image and Core Video. OS X gives the user p...

[News] NAS Runs Linux, Beagleboard Runs RISC OS

running a script on linux
Hello, I'm trying to run a script on ubuntu. this script is ok on windows. My script command VLC, to watch and record TV. The command to start vlc is: set canal [open "|vlc nomdela chainfree --extraintf=rc --rc-host localhost:$numcan --rc-quiet" w+] after I open a chanel to pilot vlc: set chan [socket localhost $numcan] then I write command in $numcan On ubuntu it doesn't run The first command don't start vlc, but if I take of --rc-quiet, vlc start. But then, the second command give me the error message: couldn't open socket: connection...

Web resources about - How do I configure thttpd to run cgi scripts ? - comp.os.linux

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Cydia Tweak: How To Configure A Touch ID Grace Period For Your iPhone 5s
... Into A Paid Subscription , and Facebook’s Paper Launches In The App Store, Brings A More Elegant News Feed To iOS . Cydia Tweak: How To Configure ...

Configure - Apple
Get free shipping on iMac with Retina 5K display from the Apple Online Store. It packs 14.7 million pixels into its 27-inch display, and it features ...

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Configure Bots to Perform Continuous Integrations
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features.

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Time to configure your McLaren 650S
Filed under: Car Buying , Convertible , Coupe , Performance , McLaren If you're like us, Friday afternoons are the bane of your existence - ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...