Installing Linux on a Notebook without a floppy disk

Hello,

I plan to install Linux (Suse 9.0) on my Medion Notebook MD6200. This
notebook comes without a floppy disk. Unfortunately it is strongly
recommended to create a boot disk for lilo. How have you come around?

Thanx for your help.

cu.
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

BB wrote:

> I plan to install Linux (Suse 9.0) on my Medion Notebook MD6200. This
> notebook comes without a floppy disk. Unfortunately it is strongly
> recommended to create a boot disk for lilo. How have you come around?

If it can boot from a CD, do that. If it want to create rescue floppies,
skip the step. If your laptop can boot from a CD, it can be used to rescue
your system most of the time.

--
Ruurd
..o.

Linux, Linux, Linux

install linux without floppy and cdrom
I have an very old Fujitsu S-series notebook. It does not have internal floppy and cdrom, just has expanson slots (Fujitsu proprietary) for floppy and cdrom but I lose both floppy and cdrom drives. Now the question is how can I install linux without floppy and cdrom? I know I can install via network, but how can I boot it firstly? In article <1104843680.862968.13390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, bolero92@yahoo.com wrote: > I have an very old Fujitsu S-series notebook. > It does not have internal floppy and cdrom, > just has expanson slots (Fujitsu proprietary) for floppy an...

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

Why linux is linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

install linux without floppy and cdrom
I have an very old Fujitsu S-series notebook. It does not have internal floppy and cdrom, just has expanson slots (Fujitsu proprietary) for floppy and cdrom but I lose both floppy and cdrom drives. Now the question is how can I install linux without floppy and cdrom? I know I can install via network, but how can I boot it firstly? bolero92@yahoo.com schrieb: > I have an very old Fujitsu S-series notebook. > It does not have internal floppy and cdrom, > just has expanson slots (Fujitsu proprietary) for floppy and cdrom > but I lose both floppy and cdrom drives. > > Now the...

install linux without floppy and cdrom
I have an very old Fujitsu S-series notebook. It does not have internal floppy and cdrom, just has expanson slots (Fujitsu proprietary) for floppy and cdrom but I lose both floppy and cdrom drives. Now the question is how can I install linux without floppy and cdrom? I know I can install via network, but how can I boot it firstly? <bolero92@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:1104843619.552400.8940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have an very old Fujitsu S-series notebook. > It does not have internal floppy and cdrom, > just has expanson slots (Fujitsu propr...

[News] [Linux] Linux Installation as Easy as Windows Installation
Initial Review of Ubuntu 7.04 on Dell Laptop ,----[ Quote ] | The installation for Ubuntu is as simple as installing Windows. If you've | loaded other Linux distro's you know that sometimes this process can be time | consuming and complicated. The Ubuntu disk asks you some setting questions | such as your language and location, and then moves into partitioning. Since | I've already partitioned my laptop when I loaded Fedora Core I didn't use | this functionality, but it looks pretty straight forward. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/wireless/networks/archives/initia...

Linux Beginner, Which Linux to install?
I want to install linux, but i know nothing about it. IS there any good website for beginner? Which linux you guys recommended for beginner? Also, what is the minimum system requirement ? Thanks! marslee@hotmail.com wrote: > IS there any good website for beginner? > Which linux you guys recommended for beginner? > Also, what is the minimum system requirement ? Hi marslee, if you have got a fast&cheap inet connection, why not try gentoo? it sure is a bitch to install, but as soon as you get it up&running (give it a week or two) its cool. gentoo compile...

Installing Linux from within Linux?
Seriously. I've got a laptop that currently dual-boots Debian and Windows 2k. I'd like to replace the Debian installation with Slackware (I'm more used to the latter). Problem is, the laptop has no floppy drive, a questionable CDROM drive (it reads commercial CDs fine, but hates anything created in a home burner), and is too old to boot from the network or USB devices. So, what I'd *like* to do is boot Debian and kick off a Slackware installation (via NFS) from within that, which would then overwrite the Debian install itself. Can it actually be done? I&#...

How to install linux from floppy, without a bootable cdrom drive?
Hi all, I recently acquired a Dell PowerEdge 2300. The bios in this particular machine will only allow me to boot from floppy or hard drive. The CDrom drive is not bootable. It's very frustrating. I tried the Dell forums first, but it seems there is no way to boot from this CDrom. I would like to install linux on it, but can't find any direction on how to do so from a FLOPPY disk. With the size of the linux kernel today, is it still possible to boot from floppy to install linux? I would prefer to install RedHat or Fedora, but any linux flavor would be fine for this mac...

Linux server brought down by Elite on 31337 port and also how to install 2 hard disks on the same linux machine
Hi, I had been running a Redhat 9 Linux server. Today when i ran nmap I saw a new entry called Elite using port 31337. I disconnected the computer from the network and tried to restart the machine. On restarting it went to INIT-2.05b prompt. Is there anyway i can restore my server back?:(( I removed this hard disk and tried to make this a secondary hard drive on another redhat linux machine(whose hard disk will serve as the primary hard disk.) in the hope that i can mount the second hard disk and browse the contents and make backups..After i install the corrupted hard disk along with the goo...

Installing Mac OS 9 on linux (MOL) with disk image file
Hi! Do you know about a howto concerning the installation of OS 9 in conjunction with MOL / Linux in an existing Linux / OS X environment? I have Debian Woody with MOL, so I can boot the preinstalled OS X under Linux. However, I would like to be able to boot OS9, while I don't really want to repartition (and corrupt my existing OS X and Linux installations). So it would be nice to install OS 9 into a loopback device (hdd-image file). Is it possible and is there anybody out there who has done this? TIA+CU Lars. ...

Web resources about - Installing Linux on a Notebook without a floppy disk - comp.os.linux

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper