jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I got this error when I tried to start Borland JBuilder X Foundation:

jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? Where can I get it?
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:45:15 -0800, Neo wrote:

> What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3?

A compatability library.

> Where can I get it?

Google. If you want a more specific answer, at least you have to tell
us which distro you're using.

Sybren
--
(o_   Q: God, root, what is difference?
//\   A: God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't.

0
sybrenUSE (708)

sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Hi, when trying to start sendmail, I get sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory The file is there where it belongs in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/, what do I need to do? Thanks and cheers, Konrad In article <412ba7a7$1@news.ginko.net>, Konrad Mathieu <kombi@removethis.ru> wrote: >Hi, >when trying to start sendmail, I get > >sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open >shared object file: No such file or directory > >The file is there where it b...

libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I get the following: /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libSelect.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I therefore added /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as libXm.so.2 is there. I then get: Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! \o Incompatible Xm library detected! \o Label: 272 != 284 \o xmUseVersion: 2001 \o Motif version 2.1.-1717986918 must be installed. \o /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libManager.exe is exiting with core file. \o Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! I think I am running openmoti...

shared library
Hi, I build xerces to get a shared library. But in the lib folder there are 3 files [ libxerces-c.so,libxerces-c.so.27.0, libxerces-c.so.27] of which 2 are shortcuts. Why is this kind of a file system required. I googled and got 2 references 1) http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html 2) http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/libraries/unix-c-libraries.html But they only gave info about what the 3 files are and not about why 3 files are required for a shared library. Why this kind of an architecture is needed ? Why can't we have a single file as ...

Error: libgpc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I usually compile m-files using deploytool and launch it on a grid server. However, at this time, I've got a weird error which is annoying me for several days. The code works fine and gives desired results when it is launched on the Matlab console as an m-file. But, if I try to launch it on the grid server after compiling, it provides the following error message (I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MCR 7.14 several times, but it didn't help): ----------------- ??? Invalid MEX-file '/home/wnam/.mcrCache7.14/CoMP_I1/toolbox/map/map/private/gpcmex.mexa64': libgpc.so: canno...

built with --enable-shared but get error: libpython2.3.so.1.0: can't open shared object file
Hi, Please release me from my own private hell. Platform: SuSE 8.1 I'm installing python 2.3 tarball as follows: ../configure --enable-shared make make install When I simply type: % python I get: python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.3.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory This is really, really, frustrating. The file does in fact live in /usr/local/lib. Interestingly this is outside PYTHONHOME. How do I fix this silly problem (which the python install process should *never* let happen in the first place). -Doug turner@mmedia.is (D...

library.os.n problem: "cannot open shared object file: Error 40"
Having almost installed a new bit of software, I get this message: "error while loading shared libraries: libedit.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Error 40." I'd be very grateful if somebody could tell me (i) What this message means. (ii) Where the mailing list is where I could ask the responsible hacker to substitute something courteous for "Error 40". (iii) The location of concise, well-written documentation on how to USE libraries.so (as contrasted with how to create them). My system is Gentoo (last year's) onto which I've just done &qu...

cannot open shared object file #2
Folks, I am trying to run tclkit, but i am getting the following error. Any sugesstion on how to fix it. ../tclkit ../tclkit: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I have tclsh84 installed. Thxs. ...

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

gdm[####]: (null): cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I'm stumped by this gdm error/warning message in /var/log/messages. It doesn't specify what library is missing. However, I'm able to login to the desktop without any problems. I thought if I updated the gdm rpm the message would disappear but it did not. I've searched many a website and forum without finding a specific answer to this problem. The other strange thing I see is that gdm has two processes running once I enter the desktop. Maybe this could be the cause, I don't know, just a guess. How can I eliminate this second gdm process at startup? What coul...

File share, File Sharing, File Host
http://fileuplo.de File share, File Sharing, File Host -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

iMPACT: "...cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Hi there, I'm trying to run Xilinx iMPACT under slackware. Why can't it find a shared library that's in the executable's directory? root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# impact impact: error while loading shared libraries: libImpactProcessor.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# ls libImpactProcessor.so libImpactProcessor.so* root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# root@Valine:~# echo $XILINX /opt/Xilinx root@Valine:~# echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin: /usr/games:/opt/www/htdig...

shared library
Hi, I build xerces to get a shared library. But in the lib folder there are 3 files [ libxerces-c.so,libxerces-c.so.27.0, libxerces-c.so.27] of which 2 are shortcuts. Why is this kind of a file system required. I googled and got 2 references 1) http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html 2)http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/libraries/unix-c-libraries.html But they only gave info about what the 3 files are and not about why 3 files are required for a shared library. Why this kind of an architecture is needed ? Why can't we have a single file as i...

AIX + GCC 2.95.3 - Python (2.1 or 2.2) - building the shared library (.so) for python
Hi all, (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix. But I suspect that it was prepared for standard xlC (CC) compiler. How to make it running for GCC compiler? Now I receive following error: gcc -Wl,-einitlib.a -Wl,-bE:lib.a.exp -Wl,-bI:./python.exp -Wl,-bhalt:4 -Wl,-bM: SRE -Wl,-T512 -Wl,-H512 -lm -o lib.a. -shared -Wl,-bbigtoc -L../../../../lib/pow erpc_aix_4.3_gcc -L/users/tbech/ND/Python/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config python. exp y.tab.o lex.yy.o idlerr.o idlutil.o idltype.o idlrepoId.o idlscope.o idlexpr ..o idlast.o idlvalidate.o idldump.o idlconfig.o idlfixed.o idlpython.o ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file lib.a.exp at line 10: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignored. When I remove this line 10 from lib.a.exp it is telling that several Py* functions are not exported and that entry point initlib.a not found. Additional questions: 1. Why is such nonuderstandable-ultimate-tricky solution prepared for AIX? 2. Does it work only for xlC (CC) or also for GCC? If, how to do it? 3. What is the entry point function? How I can find it in the sources? 4. Seems that makexp_aix wrongly makes exports :( Thanks in advance, Tom hab <hab@polbox.com> writes: > (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) > As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix...

Could not run JBuilderX Foundation -- error loading libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
I just downloaded Borland JBuilderX Foundation (free) and tried to install it onto my Red Hat 9 system. Installation is good. But after sucessful installation, I could not run jbuilder. It complains a missing SO file - libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3. I Google'd but found no answers. Can anyone help please? ...

Error: libmwmclmcrrt.so.7.3: cannot open shared object file:
Hello! I am trying to execute an executable file in Matlab (Linux). I get the following error: error while loading shared libraries: libmwmclmcrrt.so.7.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I noticed a similar error in the message board and followed the solution. I added the following commands to the cshrc file: setenv matlabroot /usr/local/matlab73/ setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/matlab73/sys/os/glnxa64:/usr/local/matlab73/bin/glnxa64:/usr/local/matlab73/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.5.0/lib/i386/native_threads:/usr/local/matlab73/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.5.0/lib/i3...

Error "Could not open the file for writing/Cause: No such file or directory exists (2)"
Hi, I get this error message since a few weeks now on a regular basis. Error Could not open the file for writing Cause: No such file or directory exists (2) I guess the latest virus-flood plays a role here, because I can receive 99% of the mails without error. Thus, I do not think that it's a setup- problem. Turning off the McAffee somewhat helps, but the error still happens. Please note the two blanks between "file" and "for". Obviously it tries to write to "", which cannot exist. Is there a way to avoid this error message. IMO it should be enough to mention the problem in the mail itself or i the error list at the bottom of the screen. The prloblem is, that I always have to ack the error before Eudora continues processing. Any ideas? Andreas Prucha <prucha@helicon.co.at> wrote: > I get this error message since a few weeks now on a regular basis. > Error > Could not open the file for writing > Cause: No such file or directory exists (2) > I guess the latest virus-flood plays a role here, because I can receive > 99% of the mails without error. Thus, I do not think that it's a setup- > problem. Turning off the McAffee somewhat helps, but the error still > happens. Lots of McAfee users have this problem. It is caused by the AV program deleting infected files that Eudora is trying to work with. There have been a number of discussions on this proble...

python make dies :libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Trying to build python-2.6.2 ../configure --prefix=3D/usr/local --exec-prefix=3D/usr/local LDFLAGS=3D"-L/ usr/local" (runs through happily, had to make some libs local) make runs most of the way until=85 building '_tkinter' extension gcc -pthread -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall - Wstrict-prototypes -DWITH_APPINIT=3D1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -I/tmp/ meld/Python-2.6.2/./Include -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/usr/local/ include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2 -c / tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Modules/_tkinter.c -o build/temp....

Template instantiation inside a shared library, g++ 3.2.2, RedHat Linux 9
I've been trying to use an alternate comparison function with a std::set<std::string> container, and using a generic std::insert_iterator as a function parameter in order to abstract the type of container to my function. However, I have been experiencing difficulty doing this in a shared library. I am using g++ 3.2.2 on Red Hat Linux 9. Three files are included below. ---------- file sa.h --------- #include <iterator> namespace name { template <class T> int func(std::insert_iterator<T> & it); } ---------- file sa.cpp ---------- #include &quo...

[Linux Suse 8.0 Prof 2.4.22 GTK+2.0.4] File dialog doesn't show all files in directory
I'm using the followoing code to browse the directories for the user to pick a file. The problem is that not all files are shown in the dialog. I choose /usr/X11R6/bin as the path and some files are shown in the dialog, but most are not. There are 9 files displayed in the dialog while there are about 250 files in the directory. Also the permissions are not shown properly. There seem to be only the user permissions displayed instead of all the permissions. I checked the permissions from the files that are shown, but they are no different then from the other files. { wxString pat...

File Share Problem OS9.2.2
File Share has marked my HD as Ignore Owner. No Matter what I do in the various control panels and the Info file I can't get rid of this. I tried deleting all the pref files that did not work. Is there an invisible file ? What do I have to do to change this. -- Thanks Tom Paro To Reply: remove roadrunner use cfl.rr. In article <130120050058452773%tparo@road.runner.com>, Tom Paro <tparo@road.runner.com> wrote: > File Share has marked my HD as Ignore Owner. > No Matter what I do in the various control panels and the Info file I > can't get rid of this. I tried ...

Mutual file sharing with 2 or more CVF files
Hello all. I've been trying to get 2 CVF programs to interface with each other through shared text files. Basically: 1) Program 1 writes some data to a text file; 2) Program 1 executes Program 2 through the systemqq('Program2.exe') command; 3) Program 2 reads the text file (in theory) 4) Program 2 modifies the text file (in theory) 5) Program 1 re-reads the modified text file. Unfortunately I get this error: "forrtl: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." and I think it is because of a sharing violation between the 2 program...

Cannot convert or open appleworks file outside OS 9.2.2 appleworks 6.2.8
Hello, This is a problem a friend of mine is having. He is a writer and has been using AppleWorks for a while now, so his files are important. He has a G3 Powerbook with OS 9.2.2 and Appleworks 6.2.8 . He has installed Appleworks 6.2.9 on his new MacBook. For some reason we cannot get the appleworks files to open on any other computer besides the old G3. First I thought I could save the .cwk file as a .rtf or .txt, but in the "save as" window in Appleworks 6.2.8, only "Appleworks", "Appleworks 5", "ClarisWorks", and "ClarisWorks for Kids" ...

File sharing between Beige DT (9.2.2) and iBook (10.2.8) w Airport?
I plod along with a rev A Beige Desktop running system 9.2.2, while my wife has an iBook running X 10.2.8. We share a cable modem via an ethernet hub; she accesses it via Airport. I've tried to set up file sharing so she can access some common-use files on the DT, but haven't been successful so far. (I activate file sharing on the DT, designate certain directories for sharing, but can't get the iBook to see them.) I'm apparently leaving something out of the equation; am I missing some necessary hardware or just laccking information? TIA Paul T. ...

Web resources about - jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - comp.os.linux

root@node51:/var/cache/apt/archives# aptitude dist-upgrade Reading package list - Pastebin.com
root@node51:/var/cache/apt/archives# aptitude dist-upgradeReading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency tree Reading state information... ...

Ubuntu – Details of package libkrb5support0 in lucid
MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Support library