KDE clock - 24-hour display

Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode a.k.a.
military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the "Adjust Date
and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up nada.

Jeff
Linux newbie in Louisville, KY

0
jseale18 (8)
7/8/2005 7:12:14 PM
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Jeff Seale wrote:

> Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode
> a.k.a. military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the
> "Adjust Date and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up

Right click on the KDE clock;

Date & Time Format---> Date & Times Tab--> Time Format

choose HH:MM:SS

Lenard

Linux, Linux, Linux

very strange display problem with PC Linux OS!!!!!!
I just bought a new computer, custom built. Had it set up with dual boot PC Linux/Windows. Default boot is Linux. When I boot to Linux, everything looks great and I see the splash screen and the progress bar telling me it's loading. But, after it's loaded, and I'm waiting for the login prompt, my display goes blank, and stays blank (black.) On my LCD, I get a message box moving around that says "frequency out of range." It was running at 60hz so I set it to 75hz...same problem. Hooked up an old NEC CRT monitor, screen still goes black, but no message is displayed....

OS 10.3.9 clock 6 hours off
Does anyone know if there is a virus that changes your clock by 6 hours? Even with a restart the clock will not stay set the PM changes to AM and the hour advances 6 hours. The date and the minutes stay correct. I did an update but a few weeks ago from apple in regards to daylight savings time if I remember correctly. I of course first suspected the battier and when out and put a new one in my G3 blue and white tower. The power was unplugged and the batter was out for maybe 30 seconds and when I booted up the date stayed and the minutes stayed but the hour and AM PM was opposite. I went and re...

[Linux/KDE, display, plot] How to force matlab to use a specific desktop
(sorry for mailing twice, I had used a wrong thread on my first post) Hi, I run Linux with KDE and have 4 desktops I use for different activities (e.g. email/web, typesetting, matlab computations, etc...) Is there a way to force matlab in using only a specific desktop when opening new windows? It is annoying to have the plots popping up in the middle of some LaTeX command battle and distract my attention. Furthermore, I have a similar issue when I run multiple simulations from different computers which are all to be displayed on my screen. It would be nice to have the results from the sim...

[News] Multi-head Displays with GNU/Linux (Try *That* with Win32/OS X)

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business smartphones from Italian handset | designer Enteos. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9710475530.html Open Linux developer phone opens up more ,----[ Quote ] | Trolltech has loosened key licensing restrictions on its | user-modifiable Linux-based mobile phone for open source software | developers. Users of the Greenphone will no longer be restricted to | running Qtopia software on the device, nor to using the device only | in its supplied hardware/software configuration. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4872069549.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will >| provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many >| thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") >| a...

evolution remote display error (display on OS/X)
I am trying to get evolution from Solaris 10 x86 GA to remotely display on an iMac running OS/X 10.3.8. I am not an X programmer and I'm not an expert on OS/X or Solaris. I am a user who does simple command line programming in c and who can do some system administration on Solaris (I maintain a small number of SPARC and x86 machines for a university research group). I have an iMac at home connected via cable. I start X and an xterm on the iMac. I then use SSH to remotely log into the x86 machine. SSH is tunneling the X stuff - the DISPLAY variable is set up by ssh. I can display some simple X apps on the iMac such as xclock, dtmail, and dtcm. I do get some font errors with dtmail and dtcm but they seem to work. I can even remotely display a much more complicated application (ENVI from Research Systems) from SPARC machines. However, evolution running on x86 quits without displaying anything: [a21p.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU:/export/home/users/stu]# xclock & [1] 929 [a21p.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU:/export/home/users/stu]# dtmail & [2] 930 [1] Done xclock [a21p.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU:/export/home/users/stu]# libSDtMail: Warning: Xt Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion libSDtMail: Warning: Xt Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface user-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet [2] Done dtmail [a21p.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU:/export/home/users/stu]# evolution & [1] 933 [a21p.opt-sci.Arizona...

OT: linux, FC5 (having trouble with alt.os.linux)
I apologize profusely for posting this topic to this newsgroup but either I'm having trouble with alt.os.linux (going on a few days now) or it's having trouble and I don't know which it is (maybe some one else knows). I figured someone here would be knowledgeable enough to help me and/or let me know if my posting problems are mine or the newsgroups (BTW, I've posted from my work and home without luck but they may both use the same ISP). Well, if you've read this far...here's my (attempted?) post to the other group: Topic: shutdown broadcast not showing up for us...

[News] Comparison Between GNU/Linux with KDE and BSD with KDE

[News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS
Nexenta OS Alpha 7 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | Nexenta OS (elatte) Alpha 7 is now available. Release Highlights: | OpenSolaris & NWS build 61 (non-debug); installer - new | partitioning wizard, installer log (via F3), usabilityf | ixes, built-in driver availability detection... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9845.phtml sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel | 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully | functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot | sequence; largely adapted installer and graphical installer | front-end; enhanced installer for meta tasks; new artwork;o | ffline manual... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9846.phtml Related: Sidux: A live CD for Debian unstable ,----[ Quote ] | It's a rare distribution that impresses me before I've even tried it, | but sidux did just that when, a few hours after I'd downloaded and | burned a two-day-old preview release, the project announced that the | next release was available for download. `---- http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/07/02/28/1017239.shtml?tid=127 SIDUX 2007-01 Linux LiveCD ,----[ Quote ] | Screenshots gallery `---- http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=655&num=1 Testdriving Sidux 2007 ,----[ Quote ] | Sidux ships with a 2.6.20 kernel, Xorg 7.1.1, gcc 4.1.2, and KDE | 3.5.5. Iceweasel 2.0.0.1 appears to be the default...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consiste...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] [Linux] Linux Media Center Edition Comes to KDE
LinuxMCE 1.1 Released -- Now Runs KDE ,----[ Quote ] | There's also word that LinuxMCE, since it works so well with the | KDE desktop environment, that the guys at the KDE project are | seriously considering integrating LinuxMCE into their upcoming | 4.0 release. Now this is HUGE! If combined in the KDE 4.0 release, | LinuxMCE + Kubuntu would be a free, open-source competitor/aternative | to Windows Vista Ultimate. `---- http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3891/linuxmce_1_1 Related: Pre-build MythTV Linux PVR eats Windows MCE for breakfast ,----[ Quote ] | Basically this is an unpack-a...

[News] [Linux] More FUD... Microsoft to Linux Distributors: The Clock is Ticking
Hilf: Microsoft won't sue over Linux, for now ^^^^^^^ ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft has made a lot of effort to extend an olive branch | to the open-source community... `---- http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070517/tc_infoworld/88614 The guy is a farce and a disgrace. They stab Linux at the back and then pretend to be friends in order to have the Trojan horse enter some cities. Also today: Microsoft's patent claims jar open-source backers ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft's bold patent claims against Linux could complicate the | company's ef...

how to display clock?
I'm still working on the bpm counter. I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. How would I do this in Tkinter? I was thinkning of canvas-text, but there must be a widget for doing this kind of display. I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some help. Agency wrote: > I'm still working on the bpm counter. > > I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a > clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. > > How would I...

Hours and hours
Hai to all, How stupid can somebody be??? I have been spending hours and hours looking why I could not put more fire into an intensive statistics routine. It was as slow as a snail.... One report buidling inline using arrayservers and writing to a temporary table was taking over 5 minutes.... Looking where I could squeeze some more speed and then finally i got it.... I accidentely disabled ADS for a test I did this afternoon.. Stupid me! Putting ADS on again and the report was there within 30 seconds. For me this is again proof that whoever needs some speedgain and is usin...

Which Linux OS
We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? Thanx, Gerald S. wrote: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, > or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? > > Thanx, > > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen wrote: >...

clock display
does anyone know how to make a time or date function that can be show like a clock? thanks ...

linux os
how do i implement device driver in linux????????? On Mar 11, 5:04 pm, pri <velhalpr...@gmail.com> wrote: > how do i implement device driver in linux????????? Linux distributions include all the commonly required drivers. For example a modern distribution will install with complete success on a common garden Dell or HP or Compaq etc P4 desktop without any bother whereas trying to install Windows XP requires a hunt for drivers, even one for the ethernet socket. The main exceptions are where device makers have not provided information to enable Linux drivers to be written. Hardware...

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

My Linux is not your Linux

Web resources about - KDE clock - 24-hour display - comp.os.linux

24-hour watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A 24-hour watch is a type of watch with an hour hand that completes a revolution every 24 hours. This type of watch is especially useful for ...

Costco raises its minimum wage to $13 an hour
... Walmart and McDonald’s. And now, Costco is raising wages : The second-largest U.S. retailer will start paying at least $13-to-$13.50 an hour, ...

North Korea Fired Missiles Into Sea Hours After UN Imposed Tight Sanctions
South Korea has announced that its nearest neighbour in the North has fired six short-range missiles into the sea, just hours after tight UN ...

24 Things You Can Do With 24 Hours Of Tech-Free Time
Life is good when you're off the grid. Not only does constant connectivity negatively affect your sleep , it also can take a toll on your mental ...

Rhonda Casto, Stephen Nichols: Death Fall From Slippery Cliff Subject Of CBS ’48 Hours’ This Saturday ...
Rhonda Casto, the single mother who died after falling from a cliff while hiking, is the newest topic of CBS 48 Hours . Saturday night’s episode ...

This 24-Hour "Smart" Convenience Store Has No Cashiers
It all began with a late-night run for baby food …

The 24-Hour Market News Cycle
... from Kiplingers about your humble scribe about the “Worst Mistakes Investors Will Make in This Market” You Get Sucked Into the 24-Hour Market ...

Did Darren Sharper Have 24-Hour Xbox Access While in Jail?
... Saints player and sex offender Darren Sharper , where sources familiar with the jail say the two had access to an Xbox gaming system 24 hours ...

‘Ghostbusters’ Trailer Racks Up 24 Million Views in First 24 Hours, Topping ‘Tarzan,’ ‘Independence Day’ ...
Who ya gonna view? The “Ghostbusters” trailer racked up more than 24 million views across YouTube and Facebook in the 24 hours after it debuted ...

U.S. says no significant new violations of Syria truce in last 24 hours
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There have not been any significant violations of the truce in Syria in the last 24 hours, the U.S. State Department said ...