KDE clock - 24-hour display

Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode a.k.a.
military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the "Adjust Date
and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up nada.

Jeff
Linux newbie in Louisville, KY

0
jseale18 (8)
7/8/2005 7:12:14 PM
comp.os.linux 3412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Jeff Seale wrote:

> Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode
> a.k.a. military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the
> "Adjust Date and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up

Right click on the KDE clock;

Date & Time Format---> Date & Times Tab--> Time Format

choose HH:MM:SS

Lenard

Colour drawing problem with wxgtk on kde when using the "Use my KDE style in GTK Application" option of kde settings
Hello, as the subject says i have problems with the colours. If i look at the listctrl samples chnaging the backround does not work, the palette control of the color chooser is all grey. The color of the entry is only shown if i start dragging the colour field. wxGtk head gtk2 Yoper linux. If i change the setting "Use my KDE style in GTK Application" to "Use another style" all work s ok after app restart. regards, gunnar --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets...

Synchronize incoming singal to clock
Hello @ all, i have a small problem with synchronizing an incoming singal to the Clock of my VIRTEX4. At the moment i use this code to synchronize the incoming asynchronous signal Pulse: Sync_Pulse : process ( Internal_Clock ) begin temp_pulse <= Pulse; sync_pulse <= temp_pulse; end process; My question is if there is a more elegant or easier way to synchronize an incoming signal. thank you Marc "TheThunder" <marcalpha@gmx.de> a �crit dans le message de news: 1181584299.313031.41200@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello @ all, > > i have a sm...

XHTML displaying in IE 6 as XML
So I'm now inspired to jump on the Web standards bandwagon. I've used CSS for font control for some time, but haven't moved to it for positioning. Great time to kill two birds with one stone, so I jump in. I create a needed page and it's fantastic when viewed in my browser of choice, Mozilla Firebird. So I tinker with it, then switch over to IE and view it and... it renders as the XML tree. I tinker a bit, then finally I just open a new doc in Dreamweaver, note it to be XHTML complaint, save it with just a line of text, and still it loads as XML. Here's the sim...

clock multiplication DQPSK
hi I've designed a DQPSK modem and my problem is to produce the clock bit from the symbol clock with clock_bit = 2 * clock_symbol how to do this in VHDL, I don't find ideas... the major problem is that the symbol clock is produce from a 88 MHz sampling clock, so there is a 11 ns jitter on this clock, the symbol clock is 2 MHz and I would like to produce a 4 MHz clock... I cannot only delay the symbol clock by half period and the XORED... I think to count how many samples I've got and then reproduced this counter and divided by 4 to produce the clock bit if you have alrea...

cannot log out or shut down from KDE
[Using Debian Unstable, KDE 3.2.2. ] The KDE logout/shutdown panel does nothing when I select an option - I can only shutdown from the command line. When I try to log out from the command line using: dcop --all-sessions --user $USER ksmserver default logout 0 -1 -1 I get the error message: ERROR: No active KDE sessions! If you are sure there is one, please set the $DCOPSERVER variable manually before calling dcop. Previously I used "apt-get remove" to get rid of xmms, and I just said yes to the options without looking. When I checked, the apt-get report said it would remove ...

Displaying only a new record in a table
Hello All, I am working on a script to enter new records in my work order table - in list view - with out displaying any other records except the ones that I am entering. For example, when I enter my customers purchase orders to my work order table I would like to click a button that opens a work order table that displays only a new record ready for entry. Then once in this window I would continue entering my purchase orders, and when finished I could easily double check the orders I entered because they would be the only ones in the window. The script I've made so far goes like: - New ...

US-TX-Austin: Delta Sigma Modulator Int, high clock rate designs/RF circuit desi (45355241984)
US-TX-Austin: Delta Sigma Modulator Int, high clock rate designs/RF circuit desi (45355241984) ============================================================================================== Position: Delta Sigma Modulator Int Reference: ZYD00148 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Record of successful design accomplishments required in high data rate and high clock rate designs (over 2 Gbps) or high frequency RF circuit design. Experience in state-of-the-art high speed circuit design, transistor level circ...

[News] KDE Release Parties Celebrated; Camp KDE Coverage

Clocking Sync Burst SRAM
I wrote a little controller + tester app for the SSRAM on Terasic's DE2-70 which is rated for 200 MHz. I have gotten it working @ 170 MHz, but I'm a little uneasy about the SSRAM clock. Being a non-EE I suspect I'm missing something fundamental here. First, all output are fully registered (and constrained to guarantee they stay registered). The main logic is clocked by a PLL. A second but identically configured output on this PLL drives the SSRAM. The SSRAM datasheet lists the setup and hold times for the inputs as 1.4 ns / 0.4 ns respectively. What is the correct way to achieve t...

fonts definitions in KDE / Gnome
I did perform a "serious" upgrade, from RedHat 7.3 to Fedora FC3 - and I found myself in fonts'hell. It took a lot of time to understand that the main novelty is the font handling in Xft, I hope somebody will point me to some good article discussing it. But the most pressing problem now is to be able to apply fonts to applications that "talk" in the old dialect (e.g. you know: -adobe-times-medium-r-normal--24-240-75-75-p-124-iso8859-4 - I certainly won't miss it). I see that KDE/Gnome apps define their fonts the human way. For example in Konsole: Settings->Fon...

LCD screen with discoloration/ display problems
I'm not sure what the problem is with this laptop, but this screen seems to display in 4 parts. Three work fine, one is discolored, like a poor paint job was done, along with it not displaying lines properly-- it won't display text completely. One line is there, the next one isn't. It only goes for the right upper quadrant of the screen. What might I have? 1) a bad screen 2) a bad inverter 3) a bad lcd cable 4) bad connector in the mb. Water was spilled into the keyboard area 2 weeks previous and this problem cropped up about a week after the water incident. thanks for any h...

Dynamic page content display
hi all, i am working on a java tapestry based web application. i have a lot of web pages in HTML, JavaScript which talk to a java backend which connects to a Postgres DB. Now my HTML pages contain a few dynamically updated pages which update information in real time from the DB. my problem is that if the user doesnt login and tries to visit those pages, they should be redirected to the user login page where they have to enter their username and password. now i am able to redirect them but the corresponding login page does not get displayed. i mean i know that the user is redirected to that p...

kde
Hi all I've just installed KDE by using pkg_add kdelibs on OpenBSD 3.6 I can start X with startx, I can start KDE with startkde or kdm However after logging into kde all I get is an xterm. As I have never installed a window manager on OpenBSD before I'm not sure if this is what I should expect or (as I suspect) I have been shortchanged. I should point out my monitor is of a vintage that certain resolutions cause it bork (Man. Commodore model 1930 III ) However I have had debian running KDE on the same monitor without issue Any ideas? TIA -- Hardware, n.: The parts ...

Determine WAN link spee for 300 MB of replication per hour
Hi friends, Our client has contracted us for implementation of a disaster recovery plan for their data center. The DR center is 500 km away from the data center and requires 300-400 MB of data to be replicated per hour. I am not sure what is the WAN link speed that I need for this? I am also not sure if the replication is going to be a sync or an async copy. Is there any formula or practical speed that you recommend for this kind of replication? If there are any links that you can point out in such a setup, please let me know of the same. THanks a lot Gautam <gautamzone@gmail.com> w...

all KDE app builds fail
I upgraded to KDE 3.1.3, in Debian unstable. This includes libqt3c102-mt and all the related build packages: libqt3-mt-dev, kdelibs4-dev, and libqt3-compat-headers. I also upgraded my gcc to version 3.2.2. Now whenever I try to build a KDE app from source (e.g. kgpg, kopete, knowit), I get the infamous error message # ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 <snip> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation! For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log. Make sure that you have compiled Qt wi...

Applet displays an red x
Hi, Here is the applet, which displays a red x. It should display a letter and a number when I type a key. The problem is line //c. Why does it cause problem? Why does it show a red x? If I replace line //c with the line requestFocus(); it works. What's wrong with "this."? Below is the code. Thanks a lot - Chris import java.applet.*; import java.awt.*; public class Echo extends Applet { int m; public void init() { this.requestFocus();//c setBackground(Color.pink); } public void paint(Graphics g) { if (!(m==0)){ g.drawString(...

Are all the new iPad displays defective?
I heard about display problems (backlight bleeding)... Is that true?? On 3/20/2011 6:41 AM, Krog Meyer wrote: > I heard about display problems (backlight bleeding)... Is that true?? > > Ssssssshhhh. Fanbois present. In article <im4llf$ujc$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Krog Meyer <krog@meyer.de> wrote: > I heard about display problems (backlight bleeding)... Is that true?? Yes, it's true that you heard it. -- Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as People's Democratic Republic is to Democracy. In article <im4llf$ujc$1@speranza.aioe.org...

Low/Mid Resolution Display problem with Atari MEGA 1
Hi all I recently acquired a MEGA 1 which runs in Hi Res but will not display in Low/Mid Res. I have auto booted games and the sound works fine but I get a blank display. I have only tried this with composite out not RGB which I will try when I make up a suitable lead. May be there is a problem with the composite out? I'm assuming the Hi Res circuits are separate from the low/mid res circuits (I'm sure I read that somewhere in the past) and if so could I be lucky enough to be able to replace a socketed chip to fix the problem? If any one can shed some light on this that would be grea...

Nvidia driver install help for two monitors on Linux X11 Xinerama Gnome KDE XF86Config xorg.conf Mandrake
I had to search and experiment for a while to get two monitors working on my Linux X11 Gnome / KDE Mandrake 10.1 setup. This post is just to share how I got it all working in hopes that it helps someone. First off, this assumes you have X working with a single monitor, have the basic concepts of X11 configuration, and have setup your config file using xf86config cmdline utility. One thing this will do is setup a line in your config with the correct PCI bus info for your video card. This issue is mostly independent of the distro. It hardly matters if you are on RedHat, Suse, Mand...

Stratix iv PLLs ref clock
Hi All, My design is meant to work at two speed modes(full & half rate). Initially I used one clk source(560MHz) plus enable. However, I envisage changing the plan to divide the clk itself from origin(instead of enable) so that the design is simplified and becomes identical in both cases apart from clk speed. The problem is that I have to use an FPGA on-chip PLL, which expects an input clk of 560MHz but will receive either 560 MHz in full mode or 280MHz in division mode. The PLL seem to lock in both cases. Does anybody foresee PLL problems in this approach or what else can b...

Which KDE get to use sound?
I am running several X servers with KDE, all on the same monitor. How do I know (and control) which one gets to use the sound output? Apparently only one at a time can make sound, but sometimes none of them can and usually the one I need can not. Hi, hans_schulze98@yahoo.de schrieb: > I am running several X servers with KDE, all on the same monitor. How > do I know (and control) > which one gets to use the sound output? Apparently only one at a time > can make sound, but > sometimes none of them can and usually the one I need can not. The sound output should be on the system...

KDE
So something interesting I noticed today when I logged onto my KDE session. I still sign up for those "tips and tricks" window message every time I sign on, but this I found to be quite interesting: "Most non-KDE sound applications that do not know about the sound server can be run using the artsdsp command. When the application is run, accesses to the audio device will be redirected to the artsd sound server. The command format is: artsdsp application arguments ..." Now, of course the question that comes to mind is: don't both KDE and GNOME rely on the Linux OS...

A Look at KDE for Tablets

Display a JPanel
Hi All, I have two code. Could you tell me why first one hide the JPanel initially but second one does not? Pleaes run them and see the result. Thanks a lot Jenny First: import java.awt.*; import javax.swing.*; public class Mango { public static void main(String[] args) { JFrame f = new JFrame("The Frame"); f.setLocation(100, 100); Container content = new JPanel( ); content.add(new JLabel("Mango")); content.add(new JButton("Mango")); f.setContentPane(content); f.setVisible(true); } } second: import java.awt.*; import javax.swing.*; public class LottoMad...

Aapil stocks loose 50 beeelion in hours
Aapil stocks loose 50 beeelion in hours --------------------------------------- Ah NNNnnnnooooooo!!!! Still Linux company google gained on the back of it. YEEeeeessSSSSSsssss!!!!!!! Appile stocks down 12% because business is flat for their company. That means appile is now finished. There is nothing interesting about a patent trolling company that goes around suing its suppliers to satisfy its lust for money and corporate greed instead of innovating. As predicted, all their products are made with second hand technology because none of the suppliers are going to do b...