KDE clock - 24-hour display

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode a.k.a.
military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the "Adjust Date
and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up nada.

Jeff
Linux newbie in Louisville, KY

0
Reply jseale18 (8) 7/8/2005 7:12:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

Jeff Seale wrote:

> Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode
> a.k.a. military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the
> "Adjust Date and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up

Right click on the KDE clock;

Date & Time Format---> Date & Times Tab--> Time Format

choose HH:MM:SS

Reply Lenard 7/8/2005 7:27:03 PM
comp.os.linux 3401 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

how to display clock?
I'm still working on the bpm counter. I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. How would I do this in Tkinter? I was thinkning of canvas-text, but there must be a widget for doing this kind of display. I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some help. Agency wrote: > I'm still working on the bpm counter. > > I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a > clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. > > How would I...

clock display
does anyone know how to make a time or date function that can be show like a clock? thanks ...

KDE
How do I hide the clock in the panel at the bottom right in KDE ? cant find an option to disable it. blackboab staggered into the Black Sun and said: > How do I hide the clock in the panel at the bottom right in KDE? [I] > [can't] find an option to disable it. Taskbar, right-click on an empty area. Remove from panel->Applet-> Clock. That gets rid of the clock completely. It doesn't look like there's a built-in way to hide the clock while still having it running. You could probably hack something up with some effort, though. -- And I ruthlessly pay as little...

Visual clock display?
This might be a stupid question: What is the best way to visually display the current time of the local ntp server? Currently I am using a small program that uses gettimeofday on my Linux host. As I only want about 100 milliseconds precision, I should be fine. But is there a "proper" way to display the time of a ntp server continuously on the screen (for timing a clock via photo/video)? TIA /ralph The limit of accuracy of the visual clock is the refresh rate of the monitor. One the old CRT monitors there was a vertical sync that ran at about 60 to 100 Hz. I t...

displaying clock on msgbox
Hi, Is it possible to display clock on MSgbox window?? (I want to start a countdown timer which start from 0 upto 30 sec, as time elapses it has to be shown on msgbox) If yes, how do i do it ?? Any ideas ?? Regards, Ashwini "Ashwini Deshpande" > Is it possible to display clock on MSgbox window?? > (I want to start a countdown timer which start from 0 upto 30 sec, as time elapses it has to be shown on msgbox)... one of the solutions % the message mh=msgbox('foo'); sh=findobj(mh,'tag','MessageBox'); % the timer % - callback sequence ...

Clock Display using After
I have written a simple ISO 8601 format clock display (source below). I have noticed the time value will creep ahead of the system time by as much as 30 seconds each day running. I do not understand why. I believe [clock seconds] queries the system time and is evaluated each time the after event is triggered. The fact that the displayed time gets ahead of the system time is strange. Any help would be much appreciated. Chad System: Windows XP running tcl/tk 8.4.1 from cygwin. Source: variable date; proc iso8601date { } { global date; set seconds [clock seconds]; set date [clo...

KDE Display Properties
Hi all, I changed my laptop's display resolution and ratio within sax2 from 1024x764 to 1280x800. However, KDE still displays as 1024x764! I've tried changing the display resolution via the Control Center, but it only offers 1024, 800, and 600 resolutions. System: Acer 1414 with 15.4 WXGA TFT LCD KDE Version: 3.4.2 Level 'b' SuSE 10.0 Release: 2.6.13-8-default Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, AWW AWW.US wrote: > I changed my laptop's display resolution and ratio within sax2 from 1024x764 > to 1280x800. However, KDE still displays as 1024x764! Are you sur...

Hiding Clock on KDE Panel
Hi. I would like to hide the clock on the right edge of the KDE panel. I've done that before, and I know it's a simple click. For some reason, though, I just can't find the place to set it. I wonder if it was changed in KDE 3.1 (my previous experience is all from KDE 3.0.x), or am I just overlooking something very obvious? Your help would be appreciated. (I searched Google but to no avail.) Dai -- Daigoro F. Toyama Turbolinux 10 (beta) / KDE 3.1.3 (RLU #281828) Mozilla Firebird 0.7+ (2003-11-23 w/ inline autocomplete) Daihard M3 wrote: > Hi. > > I would like t...

Clock occasionally losing an hour
Hello I have a 1280 running Solaris 8 and in the last few days, we have noticed that the clock seems to be losing an hour sporadically. I shut down ntp and the issue still occurs, and ntpdate functions correctly. But even with NTP off, the issue still happens. The system is set to GMT per /etc/default/init. I see no scheduled jobs that would affect the date. I did a for loop every 3 minutes running the date command (ntp is off at this point) and here is the last series I saw: Wed Apr 12 16:00:14 GMT 2006 Wed Apr 12 16:03:14 GMT 2006 Wed Apr 12 16:06:14 GMT 2006 Wed Apr 12 15:09:14 GMT...

adjust kde for large displays
Hi, at work I use a 24" display have some trouble to adjust my window behavior. I would like to define the window size and position (desktop and x,y coordinate on the screen) special programs. Is it possible with kde 3.4? I am open for any hints on using kde on a very large display! Greetings! Fabian Fabian Braennstroem wrote : > I would like to define the window size and position (desktop and x,y > coordinate on the screen) special programs. Is it possible with kde > 3.4? Start the program and right-click the titelbar. Go to "Advanced"|"Special Windows Sett...