KDE clock - 24-hour display

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode a.k.a.
military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the "Adjust Date
and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up nada.

Jeff
Linux newbie in Louisville, KY

0
Reply jseale18 (8) 7/8/2005 7:12:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

Jeff Seale wrote:

> Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode
> a.k.a. military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the
> "Adjust Date and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up

Right click on the KDE clock;

Date & Time Format---> Date & Times Tab--> Time Format

choose HH:MM:SS

Reply Lenard 7/8/2005 7:27:03 PM
comp.os.linux 3402 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

how to display clock?
I'm still working on the bpm counter. I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. How would I do this in Tkinter? I was thinkning of canvas-text, but there must be a widget for doing this kind of display. I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some help. Agency wrote: > I'm still working on the bpm counter. > > I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a > clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. > > How would I...

clock display
does anyone know how to make a time or date function that can be show like a clock? thanks ...

KDE
How do I hide the clock in the panel at the bottom right in KDE ? cant find an option to disable it. blackboab staggered into the Black Sun and said: > How do I hide the clock in the panel at the bottom right in KDE? [I] > [can't] find an option to disable it. Taskbar, right-click on an empty area. Remove from panel->Applet-> Clock. That gets rid of the clock completely. It doesn't look like there's a built-in way to hide the clock while still having it running. You could probably hack something up with some effort, though. -- And I ruthlessly pay as little...

Visual clock display?
This might be a stupid question: What is the best way to visually display the current time of the local ntp server? Currently I am using a small program that uses gettimeofday on my Linux host. As I only want about 100 milliseconds precision, I should be fine. But is there a "proper" way to display the time of a ntp server continuously on the screen (for timing a clock via photo/video)? TIA /ralph The limit of accuracy of the visual clock is the refresh rate of the monitor. One the old CRT monitors there was a vertical sync that ran at about 60 to 100 Hz. I t...

displaying clock on msgbox
Hi, Is it possible to display clock on MSgbox window?? (I want to start a countdown timer which start from 0 upto 30 sec, as time elapses it has to be shown on msgbox) If yes, how do i do it ?? Any ideas ?? Regards, Ashwini "Ashwini Deshpande" > Is it possible to display clock on MSgbox window?? > (I want to start a countdown timer which start from 0 upto 30 sec, as time elapses it has to be shown on msgbox)... one of the solutions % the message mh=msgbox('foo'); sh=findobj(mh,'tag','MessageBox'); % the timer % - callback sequence ...

Clock Display using After
I have written a simple ISO 8601 format clock display (source below). I have noticed the time value will creep ahead of the system time by as much as 30 seconds each day running. I do not understand why. I believe [clock seconds] queries the system time and is evaluated each time the after event is triggered. The fact that the displayed time gets ahead of the system time is strange. Any help would be much appreciated. Chad System: Windows XP running tcl/tk 8.4.1 from cygwin. Source: variable date; proc iso8601date { } { global date; set seconds [clock seconds]; set date [clo...

KDE Display Properties
Hi all, I changed my laptop's display resolution and ratio within sax2 from 1024x764 to 1280x800. However, KDE still displays as 1024x764! I've tried changing the display resolution via the Control Center, but it only offers 1024, 800, and 600 resolutions. System: Acer 1414 with 15.4 WXGA TFT LCD KDE Version: 3.4.2 Level 'b' SuSE 10.0 Release: 2.6.13-8-default Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, AWW AWW.US wrote: > I changed my laptop's display resolution and ratio within sax2 from 1024x764 > to 1280x800. However, KDE still displays as 1024x764! Are you sur...

Hiding Clock on KDE Panel
Hi. I would like to hide the clock on the right edge of the KDE panel. I've done that before, and I know it's a simple click. For some reason, though, I just can't find the place to set it. I wonder if it was changed in KDE 3.1 (my previous experience is all from KDE 3.0.x), or am I just overlooking something very obvious? Your help would be appreciated. (I searched Google but to no avail.) Dai -- Daigoro F. Toyama Turbolinux 10 (beta) / KDE 3.1.3 (RLU #281828) Mozilla Firebird 0.7+ (2003-11-23 w/ inline autocomplete) Daihard M3 wrote: > Hi. > > I would like t...

KDE font display problem
Hello, I have a problem with KDE 3.2, however I don't think that it is linked to this version. In fact, I did a mistake it looks like that I selected a font which was not correct for my video card or whatever, because althought that with the default settings KDE was running fine on my computer, now that I modified this font setting I cannot see one line of text when I run kde. In fact now I cannot see a single line of text on the KDE desktop except if it is not a KDE application such as mozilla. I know that this setting is located somewhere in a kde configuration file but I don't ...

Clock occasionally losing an hour
Hello I have a 1280 running Solaris 8 and in the last few days, we have noticed that the clock seems to be losing an hour sporadically. I shut down ntp and the issue still occurs, and ntpdate functions correctly. But even with NTP off, the issue still happens. The system is set to GMT per /etc/default/init. I see no scheduled jobs that would affect the date. I did a for loop every 3 minutes running the date command (ntp is off at this point) and here is the last series I saw: Wed Apr 12 16:00:14 GMT 2006 Wed Apr 12 16:03:14 GMT 2006 Wed Apr 12 16:06:14 GMT 2006 Wed Apr 12 15:09:14 GMT...

kde network traffic display
Is there something like kisdndock which displays traffic over the ethernet connection in the kde panel? I've seen gkrellm but it is ugly, does not dock, and does not do a good job displaying the network anyway. On 28 Mar 2005 11:33:37 -0800, hans_schulze98@yahoo.de <hans_schulze98@yahoo.de> said: > Is there something like kisdndock which displays traffic over the > ethernet connection in the kde panel? Ksim creates its own little panel, but does have a net monitoring feature. Right click on the Panel -> Add to panel -> Panel -> Ksim. > I've seen gkrellm but...

Missing panel clock in KDE
I started using KDE 3.5.7 on my Fedora Core 7, and after the second time I reboot, the clock on the panel bar has disappeared. I looked through the Control Center and there's no option I can find. Nor the status bar properties. And based on a little searching, found about the kickerrc file, but can't find anything about the clock in there. Can't Google anything useful about KDE panel clock either. Any suggestions what I need to look into? Thanks! -Liam news@celticbear.com wrote: > I started using KDE 3.5.7 on my Fedora Core 7, and after the second > time I reboot, the clock...

adjust kde for large displays
Hi, at work I use a 24" display have some trouble to adjust my window behavior. I would like to define the window size and position (desktop and x,y coordinate on the screen) special programs. Is it possible with kde 3.4? I am open for any hints on using kde on a very large display! Greetings! Fabian Fabian Braennstroem wrote : > I would like to define the window size and position (desktop and x,y > coordinate on the screen) special programs. Is it possible with kde > 3.4? Start the program and right-click the titelbar. Go to "Advanced"|"Special Windows Sett...

KDE Font Display Question
I'm new to KDE and I've noticed a difference between GNOME and KDE in the display of fonts in applications like Firefox and Thunderbird. In KDE, menus and text fonts seem quite a bit smaller. But with the KDE specific applications that I've seen, all looks normal. Can anyone tell me why this is in 25 words or less? :-) And is there anything I can do to make Firefox/Thunderbird menu and other fonts easier to read? Thanks. Don wrote: > I'm new to KDE and I've noticed a difference between GNOME and KDE in > the display of fonts in applications like Firefox and...

Display real Time Clock
Hi, Im working on a new app. And in one window I want to display a real time clock and a user configurable countdown in seconds. Is there a easy way to do this? Many thanks JJ Many thanks for reading this but i'm sorted now! ...

12 hour clock and offset problem
I'm trying to convert an input time to the offset time in a 12 hour clock system. It's giving me a headache. The am and pm must be the right ones when the offset is added to the input time ($temptime). I understand it's better to use a 24 hour clock, but unfortunately I can't in this situation. Everything needs to be done in 12-hour format. In short, 10:00 am with an offset of -3 should result in 1:00 pm; 10:00 pm with an offset of -3 should result in 1:00 am. I've been at this for awhile, sadly, and cannot wrap my head around it. Any help to point me in the right directio...

Display running clock in clipper app.
Hi, Is there an easy way to put a (running) clock on each screen in a clipper application? The format could be HH:MM:SS in a text format. Thanks Eric Antwerp On 28/03/2005 23:36, Eric Bloemen wrote: > Hi, > Is there an easy way to put a (running) clock on each screen in a clipper > application? > The format could be HH:MM:SS in a text format. > Thanks > Eric > Antwerp Use the NanForum library function FT_ONTICK() <http://www.itlnet.net/Programming/Program/Reference/nanfor/ng1b5f7.html> // Set up a self-updating on-screen clock FT_OnTick( &quo...

[49+] Flickering display when clock is shown
Dear 49-ers, usually I have the clock shown in my HP calcs. The 48GX displays the seconds as well, and if you look closely you will see the display slightly flicker every time a new second is shown. The time is shown with dividing colons, e.g., 09:15:23. On the 49g the time is shown without displaying the seconds, e.g., 10:04, but the colon is blinking every second, i.e., for one second the colon is visible, the other second not. You cannot see any flickering of the screnn while : is blinking. On the new 49g+ the time is shown exactly as on the 49g, but the blinking is not regular...

display a clock in a gui matlab in textbox?
basically, I've an application gui in which I'd like to display the time in a text box or static text box that I created... I mean I'm not talking about pressing a button and seing the digital clock or a code that automatically creates a figure to show this digital clock...no, I'm talking about displaying the time within the application i created.....can any1 help please...this is the code I have so far: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- % --- Executes during object creation, after setting all properties. functio...

My Fedora Clock -- 1 Hour Behind
My Suse clock rolled over with Daylight Savings. So did my w2k. But not my Fedora RC1 clock. Why ? -- W '04 <:> Open Source On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:01:40 +0000, John Bailo wrote: > > My Suse clock rolled over with Daylight Savings. > > So did my w2k. > > But not my Fedora RC1 clock. > > Why ? I may regret this, but I'll bite; What timezone are you using? Is it a timezone that takes daylight saving into account? Is the date set correctly? Ian On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:01:40 +0000, John Bailo wrote: > > My Suse clock rolled over with ...

clock time/date display on Tiger
I have the clock displaying the time of day in the menu bar. On Windows, if you place the mouse over the clock in the system tray, you get a balloon with the date. Is there something like that for Tiger? The Mac invented the balloon, so I would hope so! cstacy@news.dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) writes: >I have the clock displaying the time of day >in the menu bar. >On Windows, if you place the mouse over the clock in >the system tray, you get a balloon with the date. I prefer wClock (find via VersionTracker), which enables me to display to a wide variety of time+date for...

no seconds displayed in Panther menu clock
at least I'm unable to find a way to make it show seconds. am i missing something? heron -- unDO email address ___ Nature, heron stone to be commanded, mailto:heronstoneDO@comcast.net must be obeyed. http://home.comcast.net/~heronstone/ > at least I'm unable to find a way to make it show seconds. > > am i missing something? > it's there, system prefs, date/time, clock (third choice to the right) oxford - In article <A26nb.1$i36.44@news.uswest.net>, Oxford <csma...

Display many hours in waveform graph
I'm testing a way to collect the&nbsp;output voltage from a power supply into a waveform graph and display the values in relation to absolute time over a few hours. My problem is that I can only see the last few seconds in the graph. In addition, the absolute time on the right side of the x-axis is correct, but as the time is running, the left side of&nbsp;my x-axis show a time that is in the future. This should have been the time when the relating y-values had occured.&nbsp; Do you have any ideas how to solve these challenges? Attached you can find my VI. &nbsp; Test2.vi...

display filesize javascript using KDE konqueror
does anybody have some sample code to display the size of a file (local file eg. /home/music/test.txt) I I'm copiing with perl a file across the network and I need to know when it is done so I was thinking to read the filesize of the created file until it matches the original size. guenter ...

How accurate will Sun clock be over 4 hours?
I have a requirement where I need two Suns (both Netra T1s) to have their clocks close to each other during an experiment that lasts 4 hours. During this time, neither Sun will have internet access and they will not be networked to each other. I suspect if I sync them by NTP before the experiment starts, then they will not drift by more than 500 ms over a 4 hour period. Does that seem reasonable? Has anyone actually ever made medium term (few hours) stability measurements of the clocks in Suns? Dave wrote: > I have a requirement where I need two Suns (both Netra T1s) to have > th...