KDE clock - 24-hour display

Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode a.k.a.
military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the "Adjust Date
and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up nada.

Jeff
Linux newbie in Louisville, KY

0
jseale18 (8)
7/8/2005 7:12:14 PM
comp.os.linux 3413 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Jeff Seale wrote:

> Is it possible to set KDE's toolbar clock to a 24-hour display mode
> a.k.a. military time? I looked for settings of that ilk in both the
> "Adjust Date and Time..." and "Configure Clock..." dialogs and came up

Right click on the KDE clock;

Date & Time Format---> Date & Times Tab--> Time Format

choose HH:MM:SS

Lenard

Linux, Linux, Linux

very strange display problem with PC Linux OS!!!!!!
I just bought a new computer, custom built. Had it set up with dual boot PC Linux/Windows. Default boot is Linux. When I boot to Linux, everything looks great and I see the splash screen and the progress bar telling me it's loading. But, after it's loaded, and I'm waiting for the login prompt, my display goes blank, and stays blank (black.) On my LCD, I get a message box moving around that says "frequency out of range." It was running at 60hz so I set it to 75hz...same problem. Hooked up an old NEC CRT monitor, screen still goes black, but no message is displayed....

OS 10.3.9 clock 6 hours off
Does anyone know if there is a virus that changes your clock by 6 hours? Even with a restart the clock will not stay set the PM changes to AM and the hour advances 6 hours. The date and the minutes stay correct. I did an update but a few weeks ago from apple in regards to daylight savings time if I remember correctly. I of course first suspected the battier and when out and put a new one in my G3 blue and white tower. The power was unplugged and the batter was out for maybe 30 seconds and when I booted up the date stayed and the minutes stayed but the hour and AM PM was opposite. I went and re...

[Linux/KDE, display, plot] How to force matlab to use a specific desktop
(sorry for mailing twice, I had used a wrong thread on my first post) Hi, I run Linux with KDE and have 4 desktops I use for different activities (e.g. email/web, typesetting, matlab computations, etc...) Is there a way to force matlab in using only a specific desktop when opening new windows? It is annoying to have the plots popping up in the middle of some LaTeX command battle and distract my attention. Furthermore, I have a similar issue when I run multiple simulations from different computers which are all to be displayed on my screen. It would be nice to have the results from the sim...

[News] Multi-head Displays with GNU/Linux (Try *That* with Win32/OS X)

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Mo...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consiste...

[News] Comparison Between GNU/Linux with KDE and BSD with KDE

[News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS
Nexenta OS Alpha 7 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | Nexenta OS (elatte) Alpha 7 is now available. Release Highlights: | OpenSolaris & NWS build 61 (non-debug); installer - new | partitioning wizard, installer log (via F3), usabilityf | ixes, built-in driver availability detection... `---- http://osdir.com/Article9845.phtml sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour ,----[ Quote ] | What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel | 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully | functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot | ...

OT: linux, FC5 (having trouble with alt.os.linux)
I apologize profusely for posting this topic to this newsgroup but either I'm having trouble with alt.os.linux (going on a few days now) or it's having trouble and I don't know which it is (maybe some one else knows). I figured someone here would be knowledgeable enough to help me and/or let me know if my posting problems are mine or the newsgroups (BTW, I've posted from my work and home without luck but they may both use the same ISP). Well, if you've read this far...here's my (attempted?) post to the other group: Topic: shutdown broadcast not showing up for us...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

evolution remote display error (display on OS/X)
I am trying to get evolution from Solaris 10 x86 GA to remotely display on an iMac running OS/X 10.3.8. I am not an X programmer and I'm not an expert on OS/X or Solaris. I am a user who does simple command line programming in c and who can do some system administration on Solaris (I maintain a small number of SPARC and x86 machines for a university research group). I have an iMac at home connected via cable. I start X and an xterm on the iMac. I then use SSH to remotely log into the x86 machine. SSH is tunneling the X stuff - the DISPLAY variable is set up by ssh. I can display some ...

how to display clock?
I'm still working on the bpm counter. I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. How would I do this in Tkinter? I was thinkning of canvas-text, but there must be a widget for doing this kind of display. I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some help. Agency wrote: > I'm still working on the bpm counter. > > I need to have at least 2 displays that are not static. One would be a > clock/running time and the other would should the current beat count. > > How would I...

Web resources about - KDE clock - 24-hour display - comp.os.linux

2011 24 Hours of Le Mans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans ( 24 Heures du Mans 2011 ) was the 79th Grand Prix of Endurance, and took place on 11–12 June 2011 at the Circuit ...

Two cases of mosquito-borne Zika virus confirmed in Queensland in 24 hours
Queensland has confirmed two cases of Zika as the globe deals with the threat posed by the virus.

Two cases of mosquito-borne Zika virus confirmed in Queensland in 24 hours
Queensland has confirmed two cases of Zika as the globe deals with the threat posed by the virus.

Sixty-car grid confirmed for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
Filed under: Motorsports This year's Le Mans 24 Hours will equal the record for the biggest ever, with 60 cars on the grid for the world's most ...

Rookie doctors can work longer flexible hours safely, study finds
CHICAGO — Surgery patients fared just as well when junior doctors worked longer than mandated hours in the first major rigorous test of regulations ...

Ethan Hawke To Star In ’24 Hours To Live’ For Fundamental Films And Thunder Road Pictures
Ethan Hawke will star in thriller 24 Hours to Live , which will mark the feature directing debut of second unit director Brian Smrz. Chinese ...

Ethan Hawke Has ’24 Hours to Live’, May Reprise ‘Training Day’ Role for TV Series
... of just a reimagining of the film for TV. In addition, he’s also landed himself another genre role in an action thriller called 24 Hours to ...

Berlin: Ethan Hawke Starring in ‘24 Hours to Live’
... production-distribution outfit Fundamental Films and Thunder Road Pictures have tapped Ethan Hawke to star in their upcoming thriller “24 Hours ...

Breaking news: Tube maintenance workers will stage a series of 12 and 24 hour strikes in a dispute over ...
... 1,000 maintenance workers on the London Underground are set to walk out next week for the first of a possible series of seven 12-to-24-hour ...