libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file

Following this thread at comp.os.linux.redhat:
rh9 libcrypto.so.2 and libssl.so.2 woes

I installed openssl096b-0.9.6b-6

But still getting the same error message when executing anything that uses
libssl.so.4, not sure what provides that file

wget
wget: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Here is what I have installed:

# rpm -q -a | grep openssl
openssl-devel-0.9.7c-1
openssl096-0.9.6-23.9
openssl-doc-0.9.7c-1
openssl096b-0.9.6b-12
openssl-0.9.7c-1

Any help,
thank you

comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

nevermind,, got it..

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Hi, when trying to start sendmail, I get sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory The file is there where it belongs in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/, what do I need to do? Thanks and cheers, Konrad In article <412ba7a7$1@news.ginko.net>, Konrad Mathieu <kombi@removethis.ru> wrote: >Hi, >when trying to start sendmail, I get > >sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open >shared object file: No such file or directory > >The file is there where it b...

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I got this error when I tried to start Borland JBuilder X Foundation: jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? Where can I get it? On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:45:15 -0800, Neo wrote: > What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? A compatability library. > Where can I get it? Google. If you want a more specific answer, at least you have to tell us which distro you're using. Sybren -- (o_ Q: God, root, what is difference? //\ A: God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't. V_/_ ...

library.os.n problem: "cannot open shared object file: Error 40"
Having almost installed a new bit of software, I get this message: "error while loading shared libraries: libedit.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Error 40." I'd be very grateful if somebody could tell me (i) What this message means. (ii) Where the mailing list is where I could ask the responsible hacker to substitute something courteous for "Error 40". (iii) The location of concise, well-written documentation on how to USE libraries.so (as contrasted with how to create them). My system is Gentoo (last year's) onto which I've just done &qu...

Invalid MEX-file...cannot open shared object file
Hi, I'm trying to get the DIPimage toolbox ( http://www.diplib.org/ ) with Matlab 2010b. on Ubuntu I followed the instructions, but when trying to initialize the toolbox, I get the following error: _____________________________________________ Initialisation of DIPlib failed. The most probable cause is incorrect installation. Please make sure that the DIPimage distribution you is compatible with your operating system, architecture and/or MATLAB version. What follows is a diagnostic tool that should help debugging your installation: The files libdip.so, libdipio.so and libdml_mlv7_9.so must be available on the library search path. Looking for them now: Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/sys/os/glnx86 Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/bin/glnx86 Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/extern/lib/glnx86 Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/runtime/glnx86 Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/sys/java/jre/glnx86/jre/lib/i386/native_threads Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/sys/java/jre/glnx86/jre/lib/i386/client Scanning /usr/local/MATLAB/R2010b/sys/java/jre/glnx86/jre/lib/i386 Scanning /home/bart/Desktop/dip_2010/Linux/lib/ Found libdip.so Found libdipio.so Found libdml_mlv7_9.so Summary of Library locations: /home/bart/Desktop/dip_2010/Linux/lib/libdip.so (17-Mar-2010 09:46:22) /home/bart/Desktop/dip_2010/Linux/lib/libdipio.so (17...

libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I get the following: /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libSelect.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I therefore added /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as libXm.so.2 is there. I then get: Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! \o Incompatible Xm library detected! \o Label: 272 != 284 \o xmUseVersion: 2001 \o Motif version 2.1.-1717986918 must be installed. \o /tools/dfII/bin/32bit/libManager.exe is exiting with core file. \o Warning: XmeGetColorObjData(): not yet implemented! I think I am running openmoti...

Error: libgpc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I usually compile m-files using deploytool and launch it on a grid server. However, at this time, I've got a weird error which is annoying me for several days. The code works fine and gives desired results when it is launched on the Matlab console as an m-file. But, if I try to launch it on the grid server after compiling, it provides the following error message (I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MCR 7.14 several times, but it didn't help): ----------------- ??? Invalid MEX-file '/home/wnam/.mcrCache7.14/CoMP_I1/toolbox/map/map/private/gpcmex.mexa64': libgpc.so: canno...

gdm[####]: (null): cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I'm stumped by this gdm error/warning message in /var/log/messages. It doesn't specify what library is missing. However, I'm able to login to the desktop without any problems. I thought if I updated the gdm rpm the message would disappear but it did not. I've searched many a website and forum without finding a specific answer to this problem. The other strange thing I see is that gdm has two processes running once I enter the desktop. Maybe this could be the cause, I don't know, just a guess. How can I eliminate this second gdm process at startup? What coul...

iMPACT: "...cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Hi there, I'm trying to run Xilinx iMPACT under slackware. Why can't it find a shared library that's in the executable's directory? root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# impact impact: error while loading shared libraries: libImpactProcessor.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# ls libImpactProcessor.so libImpactProcessor.so* root@Valine:/opt/Xilinx/bin/lin# root@Valine:~# echo $XILINX /opt/Xilinx root@Valine:~# echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin: /usr/games:/opt/www/htdig...

python make dies :libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Trying to build python-2.6.2 ../configure --prefix=3D/usr/local --exec-prefix=3D/usr/local LDFLAGS=3D"-L/ usr/local" (runs through happily, had to make some libs local) make runs most of the way until=85 building '_tkinter' extension gcc -pthread -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall - Wstrict-prototypes -DWITH_APPINIT=3D1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -I/tmp/ meld/Python-2.6.2/./Include -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/usr/local/ include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Include -I/tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2 -c / tmp/meld/Python-2.6.2/Modules/_tkinter.c -o build/temp....

cannot open shared object file
Folks, I am trying to run tclkit, but i am getting the following error. Any sugesstion on how to fix it. ../tclkit ../tclkit: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I have tclsh84 installed. Thxs. At 26 Apr 2007 23:54:38 -0700 Terminator <manidevarajan@gmail.com> wrote: > > Folks, > I am trying to run tclkit, but i am getting the following error. Any > sugesstion on how to fix it. > > ./tclkit > ./tclkit: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot > open shared obj...

why two file open operations when opening a file on a server share?
Hello, I am curious about the following protocol trace between an NT client and XP pro server: I open a word doc on the server's shared folder using MS Word on the NT client. Sniffing with ethereal, I see (each message simplified for brevity): client-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_REQUEST Path, MyFile.doc server-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_RESPONSE Fid: 0x000F client-> CLOSE_REQUEST 0x000F server-> CLOSE_RESPONSE client-> TRANS2_REQ MyFile.doc server-> TRANS2_RESPONSE MyFile.doc client-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_REQUEST Path, MyFile.doc server-> NT_CREATE_ANDX_RESPONSE Fid: 0x400...

built with --enable-shared but get error: libpython2.3.so.1.0: can't open shared object file
Hi, Please release me from my own private hell. Platform: SuSE 8.1 I'm installing python 2.3 tarball as follows: ../configure --enable-shared make make install When I simply type: % python I get: python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.3.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory This is really, really, frustrating. The file does in fact live in /usr/local/lib. Interestingly this is outside PYTHONHOME. How do I fix this silly problem (which the python install process should *never* let happen in the first place). -Doug turner@mmedia.is (D...

libnetsnmpj.so: cannot open shared object file
Installing net-snmp is ok. $ emerge net-snmp Then download, gunzip and untar netsnmpj-0.2.1 files. $ cd /home/tcma/netsnmpj-0.2.1 $ java -Djava.library.path=linux-i386 -cp netsnmpj.jar org.netsnmp.swingui.snmpget java -Djava.library.path=linux-i386 -cp netsnmpj.jar org.netsnmp.swingui.snmpget java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/tcma/netsnmpj-0.2.1/linux-i386/libnetsnmpj.so: /home/tcma/netsnmpj-0.2.1/linux-i386/libnetsnmpj.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ## ## Could not find the netsnmpj library. ## Please check your java.library.path setting. ## Currently jav...

cannot open shared object file #2
Folks, I am trying to run tclkit, but i am getting the following error. Any sugesstion on how to fix it. ../tclkit ../tclkit: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I have tclsh84 installed. Thxs. ...

libnetsnmpj.so: cannot open shared object file
$ emerge net-snmp is ok. Then download, gunzip and untar netsnmpj-0.2.1 files. $ cd /home/tcma/netsnmpj-0.2.1 $ java -Djava.library.path=amd64 -cp netsnmpj.jar org.netsnmp.swingui.snmpget java -Djava.library.path=amd64 -cp netsnmpj.jar org.netsnmp.swingui.snmpget java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/tcma/netsnmpj-0.2.1/amd64/libnetsnmpj.so: /home/tcma/netsnmpj-0.2.1/amd64/libnetsnmpj.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ## ## Could not find the netsnmpj library. ## Please check your java.library.path setting. ## Currently java.library.path is set to: ## amd64 Rel...

File share, File Sharing, File Host
http://fileuplo.de File share, File Sharing, File Host -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

Sharing variables/objects between two open .mdb files
I have a system that uses two .mdb files that are open at the same time, App1.mdb and App2.mdb. At the time that App2 is launched by App1, App1 remains open with a form (and table) already loaded and showing, "frm1". In App1, frm1 has a textbox called txtPgmPath. App2.mdb needs the variable from txtPgmPath in Frm1/App1. I havn't tried this before in VBA, but over in App2, is it possible to reference the value of a control in an open form in another open .mdb file? Also, without the need to necessarily link other objects, is it possible to reference another table/column or repo...

Matlab including as shared Object-File in C++ under Linux
Hi All, I want to use Matlab m-Files as .so-File. The mcc option to compile is mcc -t -W lib:liba -T link:lib test.m The result under Linux (gcc) is a liba.so shared Object-File. The Problem is the export of Functions out of the object-File. I need a example or a small tutorial to compile shared-object-Files under Linux. I'm also gratful for other methods of resolution. Thanks ...

File::open and File.open
What exactly is the difference between these? :: is a class method while is an instance method??? If that is so, could someone clarify this with more detail? I use File.open, but File::open works too. However sometimes, this is not the case which adds to my confusion :) For example, I can only do Digest::MD5.new() and not Digest.MD5.new() why is that? I don't fully understand OO programming... perhaps this is my problem. Thank you for your time. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Robert Klemme schrieb: > Brad Tilley wrote: >> What exactly is the difference betwe...

DID I FORGET TO INSTALL SOMETHING? libApiDS.so: cannot open shared object file
root@Server:/opt/ibm/db2/V9.1/bin# ./db2adutl ../db2adutl: error while loading shared libraries: libApiDS.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I just installed db2 9.1 express-c for linux to give it a try since I have been using the windows version.. it seems to be missing some libs.. I searched google for the .so file and havnt' found much... since I'm not that much of a linux expert. maybe someone can tell me what these libs are and why they are not in the db2 distribution? any help appriciated vasili vasilip wrote: > root@Server:/opt/ibm/db2/V9.1/bin# ./db2adutl > ./db2adutl: error while loading shared libraries: libApiDS.so: cannot > open shared object file: No such file or directory > > > I just installed db2 9.1 express-c for linux to give it a try since I > have been using the windows version.. > > it seems to be missing some libs.. I searched google for the .so file > and havnt' found much... since I'm not that much of a linux expert. > maybe someone can tell me what these libs are and why they are not in > the db2 distribution? > Do you have a TSM client installed and configured properly on your system? Also, you should be running this command as a DB2 instance owner, not root. (This will ensure that your environment has been set up properly, too). ...

Error: libmwmclmcrrt.so.7.3: cannot open shared object file:
Hello! I am trying to execute an executable file in Matlab (Linux). I get the following error: error while loading shared libraries: libmwmclmcrrt.so.7.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I noticed a similar error in the message board and followed the solution. I added the following commands to the cshrc file: setenv matlabroot /usr/local/matlab73/ setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/matlab73/sys/os/glnxa64:/usr/local/matlab73/bin/glnxa64:/usr/local/matlab73/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.5.0/lib/i386/native_threads:/usr/local/matlab73/sys/java/jre/glnxa64/jre1.5.0/lib/i3...

libssl.so.0 missing, cant open object file in Samba
I have messed up my Samba install on RH9, 2.4.20-20.9 kernel. Samba ver 2.2.7a. did an rpm -e, and then an rpm -ivh. When i try to do testparm, or mount or smbclient (any samba action) i get the following error: mount -t smbfs -o username=ewh,password=william \\\\ewhserver1\\c$ /damba /sbin/mount.smbfs: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory what can i do to get this to work again??? Thanks, eric On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:05:06 +0000, eholz1 wrote: > I have messed up my Samba install on RH9, 2.4.20-...

Web resources about - libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file - comp.os.linux

Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
Potentially saving the world from another online security disaster like last year's Heartbleed, Amazon Web Services has released as open source ...

I want to install libssl.0.9.8
I'm trying to install utorrent program, and when I execute the program I get ./utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: ...

COPYING A CONTROVERSY (Updated)
If the earliest days of Second Life resemble the first century of American history (and they do) then the most recent years of the world seem ...

Setting up an OpenVPN server inside an AWS VPC
My goal in this post is to show how to set up an OpenVPN server within an AWS VPC so that clients can connect to EC2 instances via a VPN connection. ...

Setting up dionaea on raspberry pi
Dionaea on raspberry pi Thursday, 9 May 2013 Setting up dionaea on raspberry pi Get started Get wheezy image http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads ...

Download - Get the latest Version of EAGLE PCB Design Software
Download the latest version of EAGLE for Windows, Linux & Mac or view other download directories e.g. part libraries, User Language Programs ...

Scoregasm on Linux 64bit.
Scoregasm on Linux 64bit. So, i know a few of you have been having some trouble getting Scoregasm running on 64bit linux machines. I’ve actually ...

Fixing Debian OpenSSL
Debian, the popular Linux distribution has just been shown to have made an all-time stupid security goof-up. They managed to change OpenSSL in ...

Downloads
Couchbase Menu Why NoSQL? Couchbase Server Couchbase Mobile What's Coming in Couchbase Server 4.0 What's New in Couchbase Server 3.0 Free Downloads ...

Examining the Heartbleed-based FUD that's pitched to the public
The Heartbleed vulnerability has created a massive news cycle, and generated technical risk-based discussions that might actually do some good. ...