OS Programmers

Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ?
Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested
in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet.
So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot
0
wolfbyte (6)
8/17/2004 10:28:42 AM
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Wolfbyte wrote:

> Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ?
> Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested
> in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet.
> So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot

I'm a C and assembler programmer.

Let me give you some advice.  Unless you have a pretty good idea about
how to make an OS that is better than Linux, don't bother.  To be sure,
linux has some faults (compatibility with the NTFS file system leaps to
mind), but those can be fixed.   Work on Linux, instead.  Unless you
have an idea for an OS that is significantly better - in which case we'd
like to know what your idea is and why it is significantly better.

How will your OS be better than linux?  Will it run on platforms Linux
doesn't run on (seems unlikely)?  Will it be more efficient (efficiency
is the measure of how much RAM and CPU cycles are consumed by the OS to
support running the applications).  Will it be easier to install?  Look
at Hurd.  Hurd's been around for a while, and nobody uses it.

Remember that it isn't enough to build an OS; you also have to find
applications to run under it.  Probably the easiest way to do that is to
ensure that your OS is POSIX compliant.  But that isn't very
challenging: Windows/NT is POSIX compliant.

Sorry to rain on your parade - I just think you are wasting time.

Jeff

-1
STOPSPAMNOW
8/17/2004 3:34:42 PM
So what are you saying ? Are you saying I could better
try to make a good linux distro unless I know what I am doing ?

@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com > wrote:

> Wolfbyte wrote:
>
>> Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ?
>> Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested
>> in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet.
>> So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot
>

> I'm a C and assembler programmer.
>
> Let me give you some advice.  Unless you have a pretty good idea about
> how to make an OS that is better than Linux, don't bother.  To be sure,
> linux has some faults (compatibility with the NTFS file system leaps to
> mind), but those can be fixed.   Work on Linux, instead.  Unless you
> have an idea for an OS that is significantly better - in which case we'd
> like to know what your idea is and why it is significantly better.
>
> How will your OS be better than linux?  Will it run on platforms Linux
> doesn't run on (seems unlikely)?  Will it be more efficient (efficiency
> is the measure of how much RAM and CPU cycles are consumed by the OS to
> support running the applications).  Will it be easier to install?  Look
> at Hurd.  Hurd's been around for a while, and nobody uses it.
>
> Remember that it isn't enough to build an OS; you also have to find
> applications to run under it.  Probably the easiest way to do that is to
> ensure that your OS is POSIX compliant.  But that isn't very
> challenging: Windows/NT is POSIX compliant.
>
> Sorry to rain on your parade - I just think you are wasting time.
>

> Jeff

1
wolfbyte (6)
8/17/2004 5:11:09 PM
> Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested in writing a new
> OS.

Just what we need another platform for big companies to whine and b***h
about not being able to find anyone with 20 years experience on.  And
therefor justify to some .gov agency that they have no choice but to
import cheap labor, and/or ship the whole shop overseas.

On the other side of that we're finally reaching the possibility of Win95
programmers with 10+ years experience.  Does that mean those jobs will
come home again? Since this seemed to be a common job requirement in 1998.

Shadow_7

0
wwwShadow7 (310)
8/17/2004 9:23:51 PM
@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com wrote:

> (compatibility with the NTFS file system leaps to mind)

.... personally, and i know a lot of people would
agree, who CARES if it supports it :)
..
--
<<   http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/   >>
College is like a woman -- you work so hard to get in,

0
mjtobler2 (1165)
8/17/2004 10:38:54 PM
Wolfbyte wrote:

> Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ?
> Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested
> in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet.
> So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot

Sorry that I don't know any programming. But try to follow your dream
whatever people say. If it doesn't work out, well then you at least gave it
a try!

Micke
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:11:09 +0200, Wolfbyte wrote:

> So what are you saying ? Are you saying I could better
> try to make a good linux distro unless I know what I am doing ?

What I am saying is that unless you have an idea that makes your proposed
OS significantly better than anything else around, you should probably
direct your efforts to other projects which need help.  However, if you do
have an idea that you think is significantly better, then all of us would
really like to know what that idea is, how it would work, and why you
think it is better than anything hitherto available.  Remember that there
are a gadzillion person-hours invested in the Linux kernel.

Our next question, of course, would be something like "Gee, that's a great
idea - can we implement it in Linux?".

Now, there are some great ideas that just can't be implemented in Linux.
For example, OpenVMS has a component of the OS called Record Management
Services, which allows record locking in the OS.  That can't be done in
Linux because Linux doesn't know what a record is.  Record locking in the
OS solves a whole bunch of problems, but it just ain't ever gonna happen
in Linux.

Sincerely yours,

Jeff Silverman

> @STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com > wrote:
>
>> Wolfbyte wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ?
>>> Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested
>>> in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet.
>>> So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot
>>

>> I'm a C and assembler programmer.
>>
>> Let me give you some advice.  Unless you have a pretty good idea about
>> how to make an OS that is better than Linux, don't bother.  To be sure,
>> linux has some faults (compatibility with the NTFS file system leaps to
>> mind), but those can be fixed.   Work on Linux, instead.  Unless you
>> have an idea for an OS that is significantly better - in which case we'd
>> like to know what your idea is and why it is significantly better.
>>
>> How will your OS be better than linux?  Will it run on platforms Linux
>> doesn't run on (seems unlikely)?  Will it be more efficient (efficiency
>> is the measure of how much RAM and CPU cycles are consumed by the OS to
>> support running the applications).  Will it be easier to install?  Look
>> at Hurd.  Hurd's been around for a while, and nobody uses it.
>>
>> Remember that it isn't enough to build an OS; you also have to find
>> applications to run under it.  Probably the easiest way to do that is to
>> ensure that your OS is POSIX compliant.  But that isn't very
>> challenging: Windows/NT is POSIX compliant.
>>
>> Sorry to rain on your parade - I just think you are wasting time.
>>

>> Jeff

0
jeffs2965 (23)
8/19/2004 6:04:16 AM
mjt wrote:

> @STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com wrote:
>
>> (compatibility with the NTFS file system leaps to mind)
>
> ... personally, and i know a lot of people would
> agree, who CARES if it supports it :)

There are a lot of people currently running Windows who are potential Linux
users; *THEY* care a lot. As someone who would like to see more people
switch to Linux, I care.

Do I need to use NTFS in Linux? No ... but I can see beyond my own needs.

0
PAM1 (26)
8/19/2004 5:22:37 PM
Michael Satterwhite wrote:

>> ... personally, and i know a lot of people would
>> agree, who CARES if it supports it :)
>
> There are a lot of people currently running Windows who are potential Linux
> users; THEY care a lot. As someone who would like to see more people
> switch to Linux, I care.

.... but NTFS is a moving target, so why should someone
take their time to CONTINUE to reverse engineer it so
that a few folks can R/W to NTFS from Linux?

there are two very good solutions for sharing data
between Linux and winders:
* create a fat32
* use a virtual machine (or crossover)

Linux developers need to focus their time on Linux
specific filesystems, not a moving target for some
other platform
--
<<   http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/   >>
Q:  Where can you buy black lace crotchless panties for sheep?

0
mjtobler2 (1165)
8/19/2004 5:42:12 PM
mjt wrote in message

> ... but NTFS is a moving target, so why should someone
> take their time to CONTINUE to reverse engineer it so

Nobody is reverse engineer NTFS for a long time. No need for it. NTFS
has changed only slightly over the last 10 years and the rewritten
Linux NTFS code works perfectly fine from NT4 through XP and 2003 to
even Longhorn beta.

The problem isn't the need to reverse engineering the new things
(there is nothing important) but to IMPLEMENT, under the GPL licence,
all the needed bits for FULL write support. NTFS is very complex. It's
said to be 20 times harder to implement than FAT32. Something like
Reiser4 or XFS. But only one or two guys are working on it and only in
their spare time. Versus 8-10 full-time paid engineers for Reiser4 or
XFS.

> that a few folks can R/W to NTFS from Linux?

I doubt it would be only a few. A SUSE manager said recently in an
interview that half of their customers needs Windows compatibility.
I've heard even higher numbers for Mandrake. There are some hundred
million Windows users using NTFS and most won't throw away Windows
immediately but migrate gradually.

> there are two very good solutions for sharing data
> between Linux and winders:
> * create a fat32
> * use a virtual machine (or crossover)

  * Captive NTFS - doing the Wine way and it's free, GPL.
  * Paragon NTFS for Linux - commercial but I've never tried.
0
szcs (51)
8/20/2004 2:21:57 AM
On 19 Aug 2004 19:21:57 -0700, szcs@abuse.co.uk (Sz. Csetey) wrote:

[snippage]

>> there are two very good solutions for sharing data
>> between Linux and winders:
>> * create a fat32
>> * use a virtual machine (or crossover)
>
>  * Captive NTFS - doing the Wine way and it's free, GPL.

And according to the author, it might or might not work with kernel
2.6.x and he won't support it.

>  * Paragon NTFS for Linux - commercial but I've never tried.

I bought it.  Buggy trash with no support.

Mike-

--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.
--
mjt wrote:

> Michael Satterwhite wrote:
>
>>> ... personally, and i know a lot of people would
>>> agree, who CARES if it supports it :)
>>
>> There are a lot of people currently running Windows who are potential
>> Linux users; THEY care a lot. As someone who would like to see more
>> people switch to Linux, I care.
>
> ... but NTFS is a moving target, so why should someone
> take their time to CONTINUE to reverse engineer it so
> that a few folks can R/W to NTFS from Linux?
>
> there are two very good solutions for sharing data
> between Linux and winders:
> * create a fat32
> * use a virtual machine (or crossover)
>
> Linux developers need to focus their time on Linux
> specific filesystems, not a moving target for some
> other platform

It has always amused me that support for FAT32 is better than that for UFS,
considering UFS is open source.
0
pmcdonnell (25)
8/20/2004 7:01:21 AM
Wolfbyte wrote:

> Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ?
> Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested
> in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet.
> So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot

I don't know any, but maybe you have access to a few dozen politician ?
I want to design a new form of government.

All your bits are belong to us - again.
0
not2892 (107)

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: Soterro [mailto:soterroatyahoocom@address.hp.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 9:43 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: > >>From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > >>You aren't directly to blame for this and I know you'd like=20 > >>to keep your > >>job, but just how many times have you and your colleagues=20 > >>written carly(tm) > >>or curly or GQ Bob about this in the past? > >=20 > > Actually, I work with UNIX, Windows as well as OpenVMS.=20 > You're value to > > any corporation goes up exponentially if you know more than one OS.=20 >=20 > I think JS asked something else: is it so out of this world to think=20 > that the insiders could point their superiors to some things? >=20 > S > And you think perhaps that this does not happen? Course, there are many ways to offer different opinions within a large company, but keep in mind that every OS or platform within a company will always try and say it needs more $'s to promote/enhance itself.=20 Take a big company like IBM - what do you think an AIX field person's chances are of convincing their Mgmt to qui...

Choosing the right OS between Mac OS X, Linux dist, Win
Hi Guys, I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5100 P4-2.8 GHz (1.25 GB RAM, 40GB HDD). Its been running fine with some heating problems, and a few fresh installations of win-xp needed. Now, I have a need to buy a second laptop (it has to be a laptop since I am moving place to place every few months). Thats when I hit the question.. What to buy... Well, before anything else, I should mention my intended usage of the system... - Running software like - Oracle 10g Server, - Oracle Warehouse Builder - Some ETL tools... - some shell programming - some perl programming - lots of...

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

[News] A Look at Element OS and Introduction to Peppermint OS (GNU/Linux)

OS Smackdown: Linux vs OS X vs Vista vs XP
Mount your soapboxes fanboys of all denominations - It's playtime... OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP Since the dawn of time - or, at least, the dawn of personal computers - the holy wars over desktop operating systems have raged, with each faction proclaiming the unrivaled superiority of its chosen OS and the vile loathsomeness of all others. No matter how fierce the language or convincing the arguments, however, these battles began to seem somewhat irrelevant to regular working stiffs. While Mac OS, OS/2, Linux and many other desktop operating systems...

[News] Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
Palm OS Clings To Life ,----[ Quote ] | Access, a mobile software company in Japan that acquired PalmSource, | the maker of the Palm OS, plans to introduce in the first half of | this year its Access Linux Platform, which will include an emulation | layer for running Palm OS-based applications. The company this week | announced it's renaming all products that originally had Palm-based | names. The first product to be renamed is Palm OS, which will be | known as Garnet OS. `---- http://www.crn.com/sections/infrastructure/infrastructure.jhtml?articleId=197000527 -- List of candidate M...

WinPhone7 is the most stable smartphone OS. Android Linux is the least stable smartphone OS.
"Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android is clearly in last in the stability department." http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! On 02/02/2012 09:07 PM, DFS wrote: > "Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is > clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low > memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps > and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, > different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of > apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android > is clearly in last in the stability department." > > http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 > > Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! [quote] Fellow Microsoft MVP�s [...] and Matt Miller [/quote] http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2011/01/21/windows-phone-7-a-year-after-launch/ Yup, a really unbiased article (...

[News] Sister OS to Linux, OS-X Has Better TCO than Microsoft Windows
Following illustrates why Microsoft Vista Windows is losing to a more superior OS: http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Home/660E746C-F388-4AC7-98F5-6CB951501472.html or http://tinyurl.com/fwnxt Windows 5x More Expensive than Mac OS X [quote] A Mac user since 2000, upgrading to each new version of Mac OS X: 1. �$300 in operating system updates, or nearly $400 if purchased at full retail. 2. �Three major new releases that significantly improved performance of the same hardware and introduced new apps. 3. �Thirty one regular minor updates with bug fixes and new features, in addi...

.another new OS. .another new OS. .another new OS
..another new OS. My...........how prolific apple is.................................................................... At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade. In article <ZivCg.8195$Nx4.4588@bignews8.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@adelphia.com> wrote: > .another new OS. My...........how prolific apple > is.................................................................... > > At this rate OS XI will be here, in less than a decade. > > Zero, OSX.4 = 32 bit. OSX.5 = 64 bit. Call it what you want. Either way it's a ...

[News] UNIX/Linux Called Real OS; Windows "Insufficient OS"
Why *I* like Linux and Unix (and Mac OS X too!) ,----[ Quote ] | But there's more. There's what we call the "Unix Philosophy", which is that | small tools should do one thing and do it well, while being designed so that | they can get whatever input they need from the output of something else and | vice versa. It's pipelines, stringing together little tools to get big | results. Windows programs just are NOT written with that in mind - if they do | allow command line use at all, they spit out too much on the output side and | aren't even smart enough to do so o...

OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP
OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, Computerworld http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147262/os_smackdown_linux_vs_mac_os_x_vs_vista_vs_xp.html In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ablang <ron916@gmail.com> wrote on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:48:30 -0700 (PDT) <1fc9ff8c-d6e9-486b-956b-a34f943d8699@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>: > OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP > > Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, > Computerworld > > http://www.pcworld.com/bu...

How do I get the process id when starting a process using os.popen2 or os.popen3 on linux?
Is there a way to get the process id when starting a process using os.popen2 or os.popen3 on linux? Mike mikem76@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to get the process id when starting a process using > os.popen2 or os.popen3 on linux? on Unix, os.popen2/popen3 uses functions and classes from the popen2 module. they return file objects attached to the process, but there's no (non-hacky) way to get at the process itself. if you need more control over the subprocess, you can use the classes in the popen2 module, or, better, the subprocess module. </F> ...

Inconsistency between os.getgroups and os.system('groups') after os.setgroups()
Run this test program as root: import os print "before:", os.getgroups() os.system("groups") os.setgroups([]) print "after:", os.getgroups() os.system("groups") After the os.setgroups, os.getgroups says that the process is not in any gr= oups, just as you would expect. However the groups command run using os.sy= stem says that the process is in the root group. It appears that the new p= rocess started by os.system augments the group membership specified in the = os.setgroups command with the group of the actual user of the original proc= ess (which ...

Transferring OS 9 applications from OS 9 machine to OS X machine?
To transfer a number of OS 9 applications from an existing OS 9 machine to a new OS X (Panther) machine, my understanding is that I copy the applications into the Applications (OS 9) folder on the new machine. (Some of my apps will be upgraded to new OS X versions, but many others won't.) But how do I handle the associated extensions and preferences? Can I just copy the entire old OS 9 System Folder into the same location? Or the old System Folder with certain stuff (such as the old System and Finder) removed? Or transfer individual preference files for the specific apps? To ...

Install OS X from OS 9.2 and OS X .dmg files
Hi, I have : * the 3 disk images .dmg "Mac OS X 10.3 Panther final install disk 1", 2 and 3 retrieved from the 'chocolate' network (Gnutella), * an iMac with Mac OS 9.2, * a CD-RW drive with HotBurn (Iomega). What would you suggest me to do now to boot my iMac with Panther? Which pieces of the puzzle do I miss? TIA Fr�d�ric tomcat <noone@nodomain.int> wrote: > What would you suggest me to do now to boot my iMac with Panther? Buy the CDs. > Which pieces of the puzzle do I miss? Integrity. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.co...

[News] New GNU/Linux Distros: blackPanther OS 10.1 and Zorin OS 2.0 Released

Is it OS-Ten or OS-Ecks?
Oh, sure, it followed OS9 so it must be OS-Ten but I think Apple just couldn't resist the play on letters and digits and went for what they thought would be cool -- that is, the X that simultaneously represents uniX and 10. I personally believe that it is OS-Ecks just like Linux, Ultrix, Xenix, AIX and even A/UX and, for that matter. even Minix. Because the X in Mac OS X is part of the name and not the version, it will always be Mac OS X until they abandon Unix which may be never or it may be in 15 years -- I can't imagine that I could be any good at predicting the future. When they...

OS 9 AFTER OS X
Hi Everyone... When I re-did my iMac a little while back, I installed OS X 10.3, without installing OS 9 first. Therefore, my "classic" mode is currently not installed and will not work. My problem at this point, is that if I put in my OS 9 installation CD and attempt to run the "install", it wants to open in "classic" which obviously isn't there yet. If I boot off of the CD and run the installation will that work, or will I lose all my data and my OS X installation? Is there any way to install OS 9 now that I already have OS X installed? I'm a relat...

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

linux os
how do i implement device driver in linux????????? On Mar 11, 5:04 pm, pri <velhalpr...@gmail.com> wrote: > how do i implement device driver in linux????????? Linux distributions include all the commonly required drivers. For example a modern distribution will install with complete success on a common garden Dell or HP or Compaq etc P4 desktop without any bother whereas trying to install Windows XP requires a hunt for drivers, even one for the ethernet socket. The main exceptions are where device makers have not provided information to enable Linux drivers to be written. Hardware...

os.pipe() + os.fork()
--Sig_/DfRt9Dxw+_.=lNFY4dG045U Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a problem using os.pipe() together with os.fork(). Usually when the writing end of the pipe is closed, the reading end gets EOF. So subsequent attempts to read data will return an empty string. But when you call os.fork() after you have created a pipe using os.pipe(), and read data from the pipe in the child process, when the partent process has already closed the writing end, the reading end does not get EOF. Instead of the os.read() call in the child process is b...

An OS-tan for RISC OS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os-tan Why haven't we got one for RO? I suggest a cartoon squirrel/schoolgirl hybrid that is menaced, hentai style, by three tentacles labelled 'Microsoft','Hewson' and 'Blair'. -- Vsadnik On 2-Apr-2005, "Vsadnik" <myedniy_vsadnik@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os-tan > > Why haven't we got one for RO? [snip] Because RISC OS is masculine ?? -- David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk> In article <3b9luaF6hqti2U1@individual.net>, David Holden <news@apdl.co.uk&...

Web resources about - OS Programmers - comp.os.linux

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/SQL) 160223/AP/032

Managing Programmers
Programmers are not like the other kids. They cannot and should not be managed like normal people if your intent is to produce high quality software. ...

Programmer who aided financial malware to be sent home to Latvia
Deniss Calovskis, who pled guilty in 2015, has served 20 months combined in Latvia, US.

CudaText: a programmer’s editor that everyone can use
You need a Notepad replacement, but web searches only get you overcomplicated programmer's editors aimed at people who think in regular expressions ...

This IBM programmer can control a BB-8 droid from 'Star Wars' with his mind
Joshua Carr, a lead engineer at IBM, decided to take Sphero's excellent "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" BB-8 app-powered droid and take it a step ...

Prominent Programmer Dies In Apparent Suicide After Violent Encounter With San Francisco Police
A prominent member of the open source programming community died in an apparent suicide on Monday, days after a violent encounter with San Francisco ...

Programmers: It’s time to tame Python
If you’re pursuing a career in coding, you’re going to have to reckon with Python, one of the most popular programming languages in use. A valuable ...

Uber Hires Programmers Who Can Win A Fight With Their Robot
Tech companies like Uber and Dropbox are using CodeFights, a platform that enables programmers to compete with one another to solve coding challenges, ...