problem using rpm package

Hi all,
I am trying to create a rpm package.
In the spec file %install section

***
%install
mkdir -p /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/
install -s -m 755 -o 0 -g mouse /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/mouse
***

The install command creates a "mouse?" file in /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/
intsead of mouse.

The same command works fine on command line.
I have also tried using cp command.
I am getting same results

Could you please tell me why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jitesh
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Linux RPM Hell!!! Installing packages with Linux is a ClusterFsck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another fine example of dependency hell with Linux. By the time this poor git figures out all the dependencies needed he will be able to get Suse 12.0 and solve all his problems albeit creating a whole new set of problems. Linux is all about wasting time instead of running programs. Subject: YOU, YaST and the KDE Upgrade From: Daibidh <aduffbrew.no.spam@netscape.net> Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:18:09 -0700 Hi. I'm still a Linux user who is firmly planted in the Windows paradigm. I rely heavily on KDE and YaST. Shell-Konsole is...

problem in using graphicx package when xmltex used with pdftex
Dear All, I am able to compile the below incorporated testxml.tex using latex in MiKTeX, but when I am trying to compile the same file with pdflatex it is throwing the following error message: --------- "error "(C:\MiKTeX\texmf\tex\latex\base\omscmr.fd) ! Undefined control sequence. % as scratch registers e l.22 % as scratch registers ; inside context we may consider" --------- I tried to analyze and find that this is happening due to the graphicx package and in turn of that it is due to pdftex.def driver. I further analyze and find that the origin of problem is supp-pdf.tex which is loaded in pdftex.def, thus if I comment the line containg "\InputIfFileExists{supp-pdf}{}{}" the document is getting compiled or even if I don't comment this but just load the graphicx package at begin document using \AtBeginDocument{\usepackage{graphicx}} then also there is not any problem. Given example is just a shortened form of a real life problem and it would not be a good Idea to load each package at begin document which calls pdftex.def as driver. Can any one help me out and suggest what to do to overcome this so that I will not be requiring to change the code to load packages at begin document? Is this a bug or it is just my short knowledge? Below is attached a complete set of one simple example Please let me know if my question is not clear or it is confusing. Thanks in advance Kind Regards David -----------------------...

Monitor goes blank using Linux slopware... no problems using Vista
"...my monitor keeps going blank even while using it.. For the past 6 months I've been using mdv and maybe last month installed 2gb of new memory, which does seem when this problem has started. It also had some freezing issues after I installed the memory. But a couple of weeks ago, I was using Vista and didn't seem to have any issues. I have set the screensaver option to never put screen to sleep. " http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=116787 Microsoft is doomed On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:00:26 -0400, DFS wrote: > "...my monitor keeps going blank even...

[News] [Linux] Another Wireless Solution Uses Linux-based OS
Aerohive Courts Controller-less WiFi ,----[ Quote ] | One startup is trying to get rid of the controller to save customers | some important dollars. | | [...] | | Aerohive's cooperative control access point is called the HiveAP 20 | ag and runs HiveOS on top of standard hardware and a standard Linux | kernel. . Flynn explained that HiveOS is based on Linux, with | Aerohive sprinkling in some features for good measure. `---- http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3676391 ...

Problem installing an rpm built with 4.x using rpm 3.x
I built an rpm package on my system (SLES 9) using rpm version 4.x but when a friend tries installing on his system (running SLES 8), he gets the following kinds of errors: D: NO A rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4.0.4-1 B rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) = 3.0.3-1 D: NO A rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4.0.4-1 B rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) = 3.0.4-1 D: NO A rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4.0.4-1 B rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) = 3.0.5-1 D: NO A rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4.0.4-1 B rpmlib(PatchRPMs) = 3.0.6-1 D: NO A rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4...

How do I get the process id when starting a process using os.popen2 or os.popen3 on linux?
Is there a way to get the process id when starting a process using os.popen2 or os.popen3 on linux? Mike mikem76@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to get the process id when starting a process using > os.popen2 or os.popen3 on linux? on Unix, os.popen2/popen3 uses functions and classes from the popen2 module. they return file objects attached to the process, but there's no (non-hacky) way to get at the process itself. if you need more control over the subprocess, you can use the classes in the popen2 module, or, better, the subprocess module. </F> ...

[News] [Linux] IBM Brings Linux to AIX and i5/OS Machines Using New Software
IBM Previews Virtualization Management Tool for Power-Based Boxes ,----[ Quote ] | ...Virtual Availability Manager, within the Systems Director | Virtualization Manager tool will allow customers who deploy a Xen | hypervisor on their Linux-on-X64 servers to create what IBM is | calling a "high availability farm" that can be used to rehost | virtual machine partitions that are taken out by crashes. `---- http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh062507-story07.html On Jun 25, 11:06 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > IBM Previews Virtualization Management To...

Unix / Linux Program Port to OS/2 with GCC and LIBC: HowTo Support / Use of Unix Function "Symbolic Link" in OS/2 Environment
Unix / Linux Program Port to OS/2 with GCC and LIBC: HowTo Support / Use of Unix Function "Symbolic Link" in OS/2 Environment Introduction by Example of the MPLAYER port 2007-07-16 22.00 first draft 1. Introduction and Credits The discussion of the MPlayer port comes up with the above subject. Thanks to Dave Yeo for the hint to the subject and the porting of the GNU Core Utils ( http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/) OS/2 port on Hobbes: http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=coreutils_5.93 2.1 The Linux symbolic link function ( extract ) is introduced by the example of the MPlayer OS/2 port installation 2.2 Here are two of the directories / files used by MPlayer ~/.mplayer --> %MPLAYER_HOME% ~/.mplayer/font/ --> %MPLAYER_HOME%\font 2.3 Symbolic Link to a file, a directory In the Linux implementation "Symbolic Link" can be used to define/reference the location / the font to be used for OSD Here is a description of the function symbolic link in Linux (part of it - excerpt ) http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl1_ln.htm ln [OPTION]... TARGET [LINK_NAME] Here with mplayer it is used ln -s TARGET LINK_NAME LINK_NAME used here with the example: for a file "subfont" located at ~/.mplayer/subfont.fft ...

Problem using fancyvrb package
Please can someone familiar with the fancyvrb package help me resolve the following problem? \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fancyvrb,xcolor} \makeatletter % I replaced \end with \finish in the following codes because I prefer to use finish. No problem here: \begingroup \catcode`\!=0 \catcode`\[=1 \catcode`\]=2 !gdef!FV@CheckEnd@i#1[!FV@@CheckEnd#1\finish{}!@nil] !gdef!FV@@CheckEnd@i#1\finish#2#3!@nil[!def!@tempa[#2]!def!@tempb[#3]] !gdef!FV@@@CheckEnd@i[\finish{}] \catcode`!\=12 !gdef!FV@CheckEnd@ii#1[!FV@@CheckEnd#1\finish{}!@nil] !gdef!FV@@CheckEnd@ii#1\finish#2#3!...

Problems using wxStyledTextCtrl on Linux
Hi, we use the OnIdle method of wxStyledTextCtrl ( wxWidgets 2.4.2 ) to do some file checking( timestamp changed?, still exist? ... ). There's no problem on windows but on Linux the method is called so often that it causes nearly 100% cpu load. Any hints? Best regards, Marc Marc Stroebel <marc.stroebel@kreditwerk.de> wrote: > we use the OnIdle method of wxStyledTextCtrl ( wxWidgets 2.4.2 ) to do > some file checking( timestamp changed?, still exist? ... ). There's no > problem on windows but on Linux the method is called so often that it > cause...

problem using flashcard package
hello I have tried to modify the the avery5388.cfg file that comes along with the flashcard package on ctan. My target layout is the avery zweckform c32010 business card with a4 paper size. This product has the following parameters: width: 85 mm height: 54 mm top margin: 13 mm left/right margin: 15 mm and consequently an inner horizontal margin of 10 mm as the width of an a4 sheet is 210 mm. Now if I set the variables in the edited copy of avery5388.cfg and play around with dvips I get about the correct boxes for the card (using the grid option when declaring the flashcard p...

Linux
Just purchased a Microsoft wireless optical mouse. Say what you will about Microsoft not being able to put together a professional OS with all their money and time they have spent on it, but they make the best mice. Finally caved in, got tired of numerous wired mice that broke every few weeks and went for my favorite Microsoft product - the mouse. My laptop, running Debian Etch (kernel 2.6.16 with suspend2 and fbsplash patches) was *suspended* to swap (hibernating). So, this is not even a full boot up. Opened the carton, plopped in the two Panasonic batteries that came with the mouse, plugged in the hub into a USB port and resumed. The mouse worked out of the box - nothing needed. Just now, I noticed a green tag on the hub wire that asks me to "Install software first" (from a CD that came with the mouse). As I ripped off the tag, I realized the awful truth (for Microsoft) - apparently Linux works more painlessly with Microsoft's own hardware than Microsoft's toy OS does. It did not even take a full boot to do this ! Three cheers to Nigel Cunningham and others :) On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:20:29 -0400, Geico Caveman <spam@spam.invalid> wrote: >Just purchased a Microsoft wireless optical mouse. Say what you will about >Microsoft not being able to put together a professional OS with all their >money and time they have spent on it, but they make the best mice. Finally >caved in, got tired of numerous wired mice that broke every few weeks and &...

Problem with using the package floatflt
Dear All I have tried to use the package floatflt, but no picture appears on DVI file. My very short TeX document is below. Could anybody here please help me? Thank you a lot in advance! Paul ---------------------------------------------- \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,english]{article} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage{floatflt} \usepackage{graphicx} \makeatletter \usepackage{babel} \makeatother \begin{document} This is a line of text. \begin{floatingfigure}{0.50\columnwidth}% \begin{center}\includegraphics[% scale=0.5,bb = 0 0 200 100, draft, type=eps]{ima...

Linux..the easy to use OS.
Today children, we'll look at installing a DVD player... > >Thanks for the tip. But I'm getting this problem: > > >$ emerge xine-ui > >Calculating dependencies \ > >emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy > > ">=net-ftp/curl-7.10.2". > > >!!! Error calculating dependencies. Please correct. > > >Turns out I have curl installed, but it is in net-misc, not net-ftp. > Whoa there ... That problem was supposedly fixed sometime back in April. > When did you last 'emerge sync', and from what m...

[News] Everyone Uses Linux, 25% of All Smartphones Use Linux
The inadvertent Linux user ,----[ Quote ] | Linux is deployed in more than 25 per cent of smartphones, and is second only | in popularity to the Symbian operating system (OS) in that market. `---- http://www.itpro.co.uk/features/121037/the-inadvertent-linux-user.html These are definitely some *new* figures... Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > The inadvertent Linux user > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Linux is deployed in more than 25 per cent of smartphones, and is second only >| in popularity to the Symbian operating system (OS) in that market. > ...

Problem with using hyperref package
would like to use hypperref with Caltech thesis package from http://www.work.caltech.edu/ling/tips/cit_thesis.html. After adding \usepackage[% colorlinks=true,linkcolor=black,citecolor=black,urlcolor=black,% pdfstartview=FitH,% bookmarksopen=true,bookmarksopenlevel=0,% plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,% pagebackref=true,% pdftoolbar=true,bookmarks=true]{hyperref} I am getting Latex error } % Incompatible versions of \ifpdf can cause problems, therefore package loading is aborted. Any ideas how to solve this are welcome. Peter wrote: > would like...

[News] VoIP Startup Uses Linux; Truphone Uses Linux
Mobile Phones VoIP services start-up uses Open-Source Technology ,----[ Quote ] | Recently, I came across a start-up company offering VoIP services for | mobile phones. Apparently, they have built the service using almost | exclusively open-source technology, such as Asterisk PBX, Debian | GNU/Linux and MySQL. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/85666/index.html There's also this one: ,----[ Quote ] | Truphone is the world's first software only network operator - the few | pieces of hardware we need we buy online from the same well-known | manufacturers as everyone else. No...

wxMSW 2.5.2 (Sep 2004 cvs version)
Compiler: VC++ 6.0 wxWidgets 2.5.2 cvs Sep 2004 version Platform: Windows I have an application and a dll that work on Windows and Mac. Both the application and dll are dynamically linked with wxWidgets. Within the dll, I start two threads A and B. Thread A does some processing and goes to sleep using = wxThread::Sleep(30000) Later, Thread B does some processing and goes to sleep using = wxThread::Sleep(10000) Thread B wakes up and starts running after sleeping for 10 seconds. = Thread A never gets scheduled. It gets stuck. I have already tried using SetPriority and Yie...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

NAS device uses linux os
To: alt.linux,alt.os.linux,al I've got a couple of these adstech NAS-806-EF and I believe they use a stripped down linux os for the ARM processor. Anyone familiar with these? I'm wondering if a more capable version of linux could be installed in them. It would be nice to be able to SSH into it, as it is now, the only interface is a web page for configuration and samba for file transfers. And the samba implementation in them is a little flaky requiring them to be power cycled after any kind of lengthy transfer. But, they do the job... Eric --- * Synchronet * The Whitehouse BBS --- ...

Any problems using a web browser in linux?
I recently decided to install Xubuntu Linux in an old Pentium II computer. While I haven't installed it yet, I wonder if there are incompatability problems using a Linux based web browser (even Firefox) on the internet. Has anybody had problems? I'm not talking about "IE preferred" websites (such as at Microsoft, where for certain transactions you cannot use anything except IE), but real problems like stuff just not happening, but I'd also like to hear about minor problems such as "IE preferred" problems. Thanks RL raylopez99 wrote: < snip > Get lo...

Problem with using the unix() command under linux
I have some issues with a program (.m) that has a call to grep (via unix('grep')). I run tcsh and had some echo lines in my .cshrc that would output information when I log in. Due to the design of the program, having any output when the unix command is called would cause an error. I removed all the echo commands in my .cshrc and that fixed the problem. This issue I have is that I can understand why it happened, as when the unix command is called, it uses your shell environment (in my case, tcsh), but this doesn't happen to others using tcsh. As a test, I call unix('grep t...

Web resources about - problem using rpm package - comp.os.linux

The McLaren 570GT solves one of the biggest problems with supercars
VIDEO: McLaren's new supercar is optimised for long road trips.

Pope Francis' cardinal problem: an exit strategy for George Pell
After four days of forensic cross-examination by the royal commission, where he repeatedly pleaded ignorance about clerical sexual abuse, the ...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and Hollywood's latest problem with whitewashing
The movie industry's structural racism appears to be as intractable as ever, with a new film accused of whitewashing.

The problem with House of Cards: nothing goes according to plan in the real world
The popular political drama is full of conniving and evil plans, but remember: it's a work of fiction.

The problem of relabeling Trump as "Drumpf."
Many of those who seek to diminish Donald Trump have jumped at the idea of tagging him with the name Drumpf, which was the surname of his ancestors ...

Patrick Murphy's Money Problems
Al Franken hasn't been a bad Senator... unless you were expecting a real fire-breathing progressive champion like Elizabeth Warren or Jeff Merkley. ...

Rubio: Anger, Fear Can Serve to Motivate Us But Will Not Solve Our Problems
Rubio: Anger, Fear Can Serve to Motivate Us But Will Not Solve Our Problems

Xerox CEO Ursula Burns explains the problem with a corporate culture that's too nice
When Xerox's executive team met in 2014 to discuss the proposed sale of its information technology outsourcing (ITO) business to the French company ...

No Lundqvist, no problem: Raanta, Rangers beat Capitals
WASHINGTON (AP) — Antti Raanta made 32 saves while subbing for the injured Henrik Lundqvist and Derek Stepan scored as the New York Rangers bounced ...