Tab Tab #2

How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file?
0
lzman (17)
8/4/2004 8:15:51 PM
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Op 4 Aug 2004 13:15:51 -0700 schreef gnosis:

> How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file?

gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Gerard Wassink           http://linux.family.filternet.nl

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the question..... If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file from a command prompt', then echo -e '\t\t' >somefile or echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB' "completion key combo", then no. The BASH TAB-TAB key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply any re-direct operators for the command. Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. ...

tab 2 into tab 4 ?
Hello, I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it into tab=4. Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? pujo <ajikoe@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1119205602.922944.204990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it | into tab=4. | | Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? Look at "reindent.py" in Tools\Scripts. -- Vincent Wehren | | pujo | Thanks it works! pujo ...

ANN: the TAB 2.2. is now available for OS X
A new version (2.2) of "the TAB" software has been released. It is available for Macintosh OS X. Now is possible on both platform to realise smooth and easy animations and export them in flash (as well as in quicktime or in a sequence of full color images). Graphic tablet supported with pressure sentivity. I suggest you to have a look to www.the-tab.com http://www.the-tab.com/htm/product/new22.htm Regards ...

Re: TAB to navigate in tab order #2
Hi, I got to the source of the problems: my wxNotebook was placed directly on a wxFrame. So folks, never do this, or you'll get focus switch disorders. Instead, whenever you make a wxFrame, place a wxPanel firstly on it, then place whatever else you might need (a wxNotebook in my case). Cheers, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.or...

tab traversal order (wxPython 2.6.1, Python 2.4, Linux)
--------------enigBC8E7C76291D2419405F6762 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have found that tab traversal seems to follow the order widgets are created, which is inconvenient, (as I wish to change the position of a group of text widgets depending on the locale) is there any way to programmatically change the tab traversal order? Ian Haywood --------------enigBC8E7C76291D2419405F6762 Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc" Content-Description: OpenPGP digital signature Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

Tabs on top of Tabs
This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. Thanks. Tyler wrote: > This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I > cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of > the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed > pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. > Thank...

vartical tab? As it is in OS/2
I remember when I was in high school I saw a Screen shot in PC Magazine that shows OS/2 is using vertical tab rather than the normal tab commonly seen on Windows and GNome/KDE. That is the last time I saw vertical tab. That tab is very styled and pretty, on the right side. However I never used OS/2 so I don't even have a screen shot to show how it is. Recently I am working on a new web-application where I very much like to implement this effect. To let the text on the tab title flow top-to-bottom, we need to turn Latin alphabetic 90 degree, and for ideographs, we need t...

Tabbing to next tab
Hi Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually changing the tab when entering data? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:4087efbe$0$26197$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab > control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually > changing the tab when entering data? Here is what I recommend... Place a tiny (but visible=true) TextBox...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is ...

apple-tab / tab
Hi Is it possible to use the tab button in the same way as Windows? That is, to be able to go from control to control on a pop-up without using the mouse? Currently I'm noticing that I can't move focus from some controls to others (like lists/drop-downs), and I have to use the mouse. Also, with the apple-tab behaviour, can I get navigate to, say, individual firefox windows? Currently it just shows one firefox icon instead of one for each window - is this something I can change? I'm using 10.4.2 on a "Dual 2.3GHz PowerPC G5", according to "About This Mac&q...

Tab control with no tabs
Hi All I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with. My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set the tab size on the wxnotebook. Thoughts anyone?? TIA Nick "Nick W...

Tab Tab #3
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? in bash... set +o emacs echo "<tab><tab>" > output set -o emacs Op 4 Aug 2004 13:17:31 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" Wiseguy wrote: > lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > >>How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? > > > in bash... > > set +o emacs > echo "<tab><tab>" > output > set -o emacs > Cool, I never thought of that.... Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? .... could you post this a fourth time please, i didnt get it the first three times !!!!!!1 .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Alimony is the high cost of leaving. ...

command tab on os x 10.2+
for posterity: Mac OS X highjacks the command-tab key combo for switching between open applications. Thus if your emacs meta is command then this means no tab completion with meta-tab... The application PullTab [1] takes back command-tab on OS X 10.2+, giving power back to the emacs ;-) hth Nick [1] http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/pulltab/index.html nallen05@gmail.com schrieb: > for posterity: > > Mac OS X highjacks the command-tab key combo for switching between > open applications. Thus if your emacs meta is command then this means > no tab completion with meta-tab...

How to color tab of tab control when content of tab meets generic criteria
I have an MS Access form that uses a tab control with multiple tabs. On each tab, there are various fields. How can I color-- or if easier add some simple icon--to a particular tab (say tab 2 of 5 in the tab control) if a field on tab 2 meets some generic criteria like salary field is > 50000. I'm trying to give the operator a visual cue that tab 2 contains important data that should be reviewed--so the operator does not have to visit each tab to manually inspect all fields (which may contain only nominal values). If I could color tab #2 red or mark just tab #2 with an icon, then the o...

linux/android users: lenovo yoga tab-2
I've just acquired this thing, and I'm trying to figure out what it's good for. Originally I thought it would be usable for skype (which is preinstalled), but as it turns out the Lenovo won't connect to a WPA- secured wifi hotspot, or at least that's how it seems. I've been unable to connect it to the "mobile hotspot" a BlackBerry Classic supports, which in fact is my primary internet connection. And Lenovo support suggested that I try it with an open-wifi hotspot. And I've seen dozens of instances on the web of people being unable to co...

wx 2.4.1, winXP, VC 7.0
Hi, I've create a wxNotebook that has 2 tabs (wxPanels): Tab A, which contains some static text items, and Tab B that has some buttons. The notebook is placed on a dialog that also contains a Close button. My problem is that its possible to Ctrl-Tab from B to A, but once you get to A, the next Ctrl-Tab takes you to the Close button, and from there it is not possible to return to the notebook. The native equivalent (e.g. the System Properties dialog) allows such a "empty" tab to receive focus, but the wx one does not. Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong, or i...

Hide a tab on a tab control
Dear All, I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. How do I do it? thanks John Fox Per John Fox: >Dear All, > >I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. > >Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. > >How do I do it? Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. 2160 With Me.tabMain 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If user walking a compressed list, don't want tb jumping back to sec if looking at docs 2162 ...

Tab order in Tab Control
Hey, I have a modeless dialog (as the main window) which contains a tab control. For each tab I have a child window. My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can only tab through the controls in the main dialog. That is, the only control here is the tab control. What I want to achieve is to be able to tab through the controls on the current active tab's page. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks! Soren Dreijer wrote: > My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can > only tab through the controls in the main dialog. Th...

Re: division of 2 tabs by each other #2
I think the best approach may be to reshape the datasets. To illustrate, start with two 100x49 tables: data a b; array p(49) pa pb notpc p4-p49; do obs = 1 to 100; n = compress('n' || put(obs,3.) ); do var = 1 to 49; p(var) = ranuni(1); end; output a; do var = 1 to 49; p(var) = var; end; output b; end; drop obs var; run; Transpose A to a 4900x3: proc transpose data=a out=numerators(rename=(col1=numerator) ); by n notsorted; var _numeric_; run; So the three variables are N, _NAME_, an...

Vertical Tabs on Tab Control?
Hi Folks: I've used conventional horizontal tabs on one application. Now I'd like to have a row of tabs, representing each letter of the alphabet, running down the right side of a tab control. These are owner drawn tabs. I have questions. I want a single line of alphabet tabs. If the control shrinks to too small to show all of the tabs, I'd like them to display a ragged edge, and arrows in order to scroll them. Instead, multiple lines of tabs are drawn. The Resource Editor's "Tab Control Properties" window has "Multiline...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will also change the order the variables are listed when you want to list or select a local variable ...

TAB to navigate in tab order
Hi, in wxWindows looks like pressing the Tab key on the last widget in tab order does not switch the focus to the first widget in tab order. Example: Tab order is - widget1 - widget2 - widget3 When widget3 has the focus, pressing Tab doesn't move the focus to widget1. How could this be done, however? Regards, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-user...

A2003
Access 2003 I have a main form with two tab forms, one showing Client, and the other Spouse info, each with Address tabs. When I click on the Client address tab, I would like to have the Spouses address tab show as well. Although the above is the primary issue to resolve, it would also be handy to go a step further...each Address tab has a sub-form with two tabs; Civic Address, and Mailing Address. Being able to click on the Clients Civic address tab, and viewing the Spouses Civic Address tab would be handy. Any guidance would be greatly received. Dave Forms: Main Form: frmMain - Cli...

Tab Indexing in a Tab Control
Anyone know why when I set my tabs index in my tab control (I have 3 tabs on the control) the numbering gets messed up when I save the form changes? I thought each tab on the control had an independent tab index, I guess not. Marcus ****** Just a suggestion, the Tab Index for a container (Tab Page) is different than the Page Index for a Tab Control. You might be thinking that the Tab Index is related to the Tab Pages. The order of the pages is Page Index. (Right Click Page Order) The order of the controls on a page, form or other container control is Tab Index. (Right Click Tab Order) T...

Web resources about - Tab Tab #2 - comp.os.linux

Tab (GUI) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the area of graphical user interfaces (GUI), a tabbed document interface ( TDI ) or a Tab is one that allows multiple documents to be contained ...

Facebook Testing New People Tab, Highlights Feature In IOS App
... iOS users who installed the social network’s most recent update, version 7.0, received access to a new feature, Highlights, under a new tab, ...

Platform Updates: Requests, Profile Tabs and More
Platform Updates: Requests, Profile Tabs and More

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro review: a very different Android tablet
With a brilliant screen and a built-in projector, Lenovo touts its latest as the 'ultimate video tablet'. But is it good for anything else?

Nationals demand WA TAB sale proceeds go back into horse racing
THE huge financial windfall from selling the TAB would need to be pumped back into racing for a deal to go through, the Nationals have warned. ...

Colin Barnett told to sell WA TAB to pay off debt
West Australia's leading business group has urged Colin Barnett's government to sell Australia's last state-owned betting agency.

Verizon Wants To Help You Keep Tabs on Your Teens
Verizon wants to help you keep tabs on your teenage kids. The carrier last year introduced Hum, a device that turns older autos into connected ...

Facebook Now Tracks Call-to-Action Clicks via ‘Actions on Page’ Insights Tab
... into how active those call-to-action buttons are. As spotted by TheNextWeb’s Matt Navarra , Facebook has added the “Actions on Page” tab to ...

Tatts, Tabcorp jockey for $1b WA TAB sell-off
Gaming giants Tatts Group and Tabcorp have held talks with the Western Australian government over a potential $1 billion deal to the state-owned ...

Kroger Wants Alcohol Companies To Pick Up The Tab For Its New Booze Organization Plan
... adult beverages to market,” said Kroger spokesman Keith Dailey. But alcohol companies are banding together against the plan, predictably, as ...