Tab Tab

How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file?
0
lzman (17)
8/4/2004 7:39:13 PM
comp.os.linux 3406 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis:

> How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file?

gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Gerard Wassink           http://linux.family.filternet.nl
gnosis wrote:
> How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file?

I'm not sure I understand the question.....

If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file
from a command prompt', then

   echo -e '\t\t' >somefile

or

   echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile

If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB'
"completion key combo", then no.  The BASH TAB-TAB
key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets
the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply
any re-direct operators for the command.

Regards,
Larry

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is ...

Tab Tab #2
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 13:15:51 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" ...

Tabbing to next tab
Hi Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually changing the tab when entering data? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:4087efbe$0$26197$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab > control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually > changing the tab when entering data? Here is what I recommend... Place a tiny (but visible=true) TextBox...

Tab Tab #3
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? in bash... set +o emacs echo "<tab><tab>" > output set -o emacs Op 4 Aug 2004 13:17:31 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" Wiseguy wrote: > lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > >>How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? > > > in bash... > > set +o emacs > echo "<tab><tab>" > output > set -o emacs > Cool, I never thought of that.... Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? .... could you post this a fourth time please, i didnt get it the first three times !!!!!!1 .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Alimony is the high cost of leaving. ...

Tab control with no tabs
Hi All I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with. My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set the tab size on the wxnotebook. Thoughts anyone?? TIA Nick "Nick W...

apple-tab / tab
Hi Is it possible to use the tab button in the same way as Windows? That is, to be able to go from control to control on a pop-up without using the mouse? Currently I'm noticing that I can't move focus from some controls to others (like lists/drop-downs), and I have to use the mouse. Also, with the apple-tab behaviour, can I get navigate to, say, individual firefox windows? Currently it just shows one firefox icon instead of one for each window - is this something I can change? I'm using 10.4.2 on a "Dual 2.3GHz PowerPC G5", according to "About This Mac&q...

Tabs on top of Tabs
This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. Thanks. Tyler wrote: > This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I > cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of > the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed > pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. > Thank...

How to color tab of tab control when content of tab meets generic criteria
I have an MS Access form that uses a tab control with multiple tabs. On each tab, there are various fields. How can I color-- or if easier add some simple icon--to a particular tab (say tab 2 of 5 in the tab control) if a field on tab 2 meets some generic criteria like salary field is > 50000. I'm trying to give the operator a visual cue that tab 2 contains important data that should be reviewed--so the operator does not have to visit each tab to manually inspect all fields (which may contain only nominal values). If I could color tab #2 red or mark just tab #2 with an icon, then the o...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will also change the order the variables are listed when you want to list or select a local variable ...

TAB to navigate in tab order
Hi, in wxWindows looks like pressing the Tab key on the last widget in tab order does not switch the focus to the first widget in tab order. Example: Tab order is - widget1 - widget2 - widget3 When widget3 has the focus, pressing Tab doesn't move the focus to widget1. How could this be done, however? Regards, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-user...

Tab order in Tab Control
Hey, I have a modeless dialog (as the main window) which contains a tab control. For each tab I have a child window. My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can only tab through the controls in the main dialog. That is, the only control here is the tab control. What I want to achieve is to be able to tab through the controls on the current active tab's page. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks! Soren Dreijer wrote: > My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can > only tab through the controls in the main dialog. Th...

tab 2 into tab 4 ?
Hello, I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it into tab=4. Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? pujo <ajikoe@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1119205602.922944.204990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it | into tab=4. | | Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? Look at "reindent.py" in Tools\Scripts. -- Vincent Wehren | | pujo | Thanks it works! pujo ...

Tab Indexing in a Tab Control
Anyone know why when I set my tabs index in my tab control (I have 3 tabs on the control) the numbering gets messed up when I save the form changes? I thought each tab on the control had an independent tab index, I guess not. Marcus ****** Just a suggestion, the Tab Index for a container (Tab Page) is different than the Page Index for a Tab Control. You might be thinking that the Tab Index is related to the Tab Pages. The order of the pages is Page Index. (Right Click Page Order) The order of the controls on a page, form or other container control is Tab Index. (Right Click Tab Order) T...

A2003
Access 2003 I have a main form with two tab forms, one showing Client, and the other Spouse info, each with Address tabs. When I click on the Client address tab, I would like to have the Spouses address tab show as well. Although the above is the primary issue to resolve, it would also be handy to go a step further...each Address tab has a sub-form with two tabs; Civic Address, and Mailing Address. Being able to click on the Clients Civic address tab, and viewing the Spouses Civic Address tab would be handy. Any guidance would be greatly received. Dave Forms: Main Form: frmMain - Cli...

Vertical Tabs on Tab Control?
Hi Folks: I've used conventional horizontal tabs on one application. Now I'd like to have a row of tabs, representing each letter of the alphabet, running down the right side of a tab control. These are owner drawn tabs. I have questions. I want a single line of alphabet tabs. If the control shrinks to too small to show all of the tabs, I'd like them to display a ragged edge, and arrows in order to scroll them. Instead, multiple lines of tabs are drawn. The Resource Editor's "Tab Control Properties" window has "Multiline...

Hide a tab on a tab control
Dear All, I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. How do I do it? thanks John Fox Per John Fox: >Dear All, > >I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. > >Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. > >How do I do it? Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. 2160 With Me.tabMain 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If user walking a compressed list, don't want tb jumping back to sec if looking at docs 2162 ...

Tab
Hello: I have a wxPanel created on one of the tabs of a notebook control. I used wxTAB_TRAVERSAL to create that wxPanel. I see correct behavior in starting out the first wxChoice control selected and I can tab through all controls until the last control which is a wxButton. But, when the wxButton has focus, another tab does not wrap around to my first wxChoice control. This is the expected behavior. Is something happening as far as statictextboxes or other controls (that have no meaning as far as getting user focus) actually getting focus and causing the circular tab b...

TAB
Hi, I'm a lisp noob. How do I print a tab character? Thx, Wouter "Wouter Lievens" <lievenswouter@snotmail.com> writes: > How do I print a tab character? (write-char #\Tab) "Wouter Lievens" <lievenswouter@snotmail.com> writes: > How do I print a tab character? Depends on what you mean by "print a tab character": (princ #\Tab) or maybe (format t "~8T") What do you want to have happen when you print this tab character? -- Thomas A. Russ, USC/Information Sciences Institute ...

tab
tab wrote: > You have to respect both view points. Perhaps, but certainly not anything you have to say. > > I, on the other hand, have another philosophy, > based on my background. Berating and belittling people is hardly a "philosophy" tab. > > After had been in a wheel chair for 6 months, > had a drinking father that verbally abused me for 30 years, > and had my software design win a governor's award, > I am going to be ME, and I want a person to hire ME, because > I am me. I don't want to go into business, ever again, and have ...

Spry tabs-How to open 5th tab?
HTML Experts, Can someone help me figure out Spry tabs? How do you go to a specific tab? I found some instructions online, which seem good, but I can't get it to open the fifth tab. http://foundationphp.com/tutorials/spry_url_utils.php The website of my small non-profit is: http://edenir.org What I want to do is: Bottom right, in Hot News, I have a link: Hurricane Sandy Photos. (They're not that good) The link is: <a href="../AboutUs.html?tab=4#TabbedPanels1"> It's on page: http://edenir.org.AboutUs.html On that page, I have Spry tabs. The fifth one is Photos. I want to click on a link on the home page and it will take the user to the Photos tab on this page. It currently goes to the right place on the page, but does not open the Photos tab. I have: <script src="SpryAssets/SpryTabbedPanels.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <link href="SpryAssets/SpryTabbedPanels.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <script type="text/javascript"> var params = Spry.Utils.getLocationParamsAsObject(); </script> I'm using Dreamweaver 9. Thanks for any help you can give me, to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or how to make this work. Bill On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:15:48 -0800 (PST), Bill wrote: > HTML Experts, > > Can someone help me figure out Spry tabs? > > How do you go to a specific tab? > ...

Re: tabbing order in tab controls
Is there a way to change the tabbing order without having the order on a list or local change also? I didn't take that into account when making the program, should have ordered all the control before wiring it all up :-/ Hi leachdor,When you change the tab order of a specific control in LabVIEW, it must then re-order the other controls in order to ensure that each tab order value is only applied to one control, and that there are only as many tab stops as there are controls.&nbsp; As such, there is no way to simply re-order a single control without modifying other controls. Hi and th...

Re: TAB to navigate in tab order
Bob Davis wrote: >In my case where I didnt have a message pump I put the following in the >app implementation and it fixed it: > >BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(MyApp, wxApp) > EVT_CHAR(MyApp::OnChar) >END_EVENT_TABLE() > >void MyApp::OnChar(wxKeyEvent& event) >{ > if ( event.GetKeyCode() == WXK_TAB) { > wxNavigationKeyEvent eventNav; > eventNav.SetDirection(!event.ShiftDown()); > eventNav.SetWindowChange(event.ControlDown()); > eventNav.SetEventObject(event.GetEventObje...

Tab Control
Is there a way to lock all the items on a tab in a form without having to list each field and lock individually? I see a way to enable/ disable, but not lock. Thanks, Laura On Mar 10, 5:58=A0pm, musicloverlch <lho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to lock all the items on a tab in a form without having > to list each field and lock individually? =A0I see a way to enable/ > disable, but not lock. > > Thanks, > Laura What I usually do is hide the tab. But if you want the user to see the data, you'll probably have to go through each control one by one and lock ...

Print only shown tab of tabbed table
Hi All, We have a form that includes a tabbed table with 12 tabs. When the user prints, the entire document prints, including all the tabs of the table. Is there a way to print only the tab that the user is currently looking at when they print. Thanks in advance Ron VanDerMaarel VDM Management Systems Inc. ...

Web resources about - Tab Tab - comp.os.linux

Tab (GUI) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the area of graphical user interfaces (GUI), a tabbed document interface ( TDI ) or a Tab is one that allows multiple documents to be contained ...

Facebook Testing New People Tab, Highlights Feature In IOS App
... iOS users who installed the social network’s most recent update, version 7.0, received access to a new feature, Highlights, under a new tab, ...

Platform Updates: Requests, Profile Tabs and More
Platform Updates: Requests, Profile Tabs and More

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro review: a very different Android tablet
With a brilliant screen and a built-in projector, Lenovo touts its latest as the 'ultimate video tablet'. But is it good for anything else?

Nationals demand WA TAB sale proceeds go back into horse racing
THE huge financial windfall from selling the TAB would need to be pumped back into racing for a deal to go through, the Nationals have warned. ...

Colin Barnett told to sell WA TAB to pay off debt
West Australia's leading business group has urged Colin Barnett's government to sell Australia's last state-owned betting agency.

Verizon Wants To Help You Keep Tabs on Your Teens
Verizon wants to help you keep tabs on your teenage kids. The carrier last year introduced Hum, a device that turns older autos into connected ...

Facebook Now Tracks Call-to-Action Clicks via ‘Actions on Page’ Insights Tab
... into how active those call-to-action buttons are. As spotted by TheNextWeb’s Matt Navarra , Facebook has added the “Actions on Page” tab to ...

Tatts, Tabcorp jockey for $1b WA TAB sell-off
Gaming giants Tatts Group and Tabcorp have held talks with the Western Australian government over a potential $1 billion deal to the state-owned ...

Kroger Wants Alcohol Companies To Pick Up The Tab For Its New Booze Organization Plan
... adult beverages to market,” said Kroger spokesman Keith Dailey. But alcohol companies are banding together against the plan, predictably, as ...