Hello World!!!

I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I
have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When
  I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ prog.cpp -o prog" I get
that g++ is not a recognized file or directory...What!!! and then I try
cc and I get another message saying that it cannot be compiled or
something like it.
Please help !!!!

Thanks so much!!!
comp.os.minix 3363 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 14, 7:46 pm, "Juan C.Villalobos"
<sayaka.villalo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I
> have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When
>   I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ prog.cpp -o prog" I get
> that g++ is not a recognized file or directory...What!!! and then I try
> cc and I get another message saying that it cannot be compiled or
> something like it.
> Please help !!!!
>
> Thanks so much!!!

Do you have GCC installed? Is it in your path?

James wrote:
> On Sep 14, 7:46 pm, "Juan C.Villalobos"
> <sayaka.villalo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I am a new user of MINIX. I have been using BSD and LINUX since 1998. I
>> have a few questions about MINIX 3.1.2 which I have just installed. When
>>   I write a program in C++ and then put "g++ prog.cpp -o prog" I get
>> that g++ is not a recognized file or directory...What!!! and then I try
>> cc and I get another message saying that it cannot be compiled or
>> something like it.
>> Please help !!!!
>>
>> Thanks so much!!!
>
> Do you have GCC installed? Is it in your path?

Well, I went to /usr/bin/ and I saw cc...that was it !!! I did not see
GCC. However, I dont know if that is the right place to look for it. Can
  you give me some tips ??

> Well, I went to /usr/bin/ and I saw cc...that was it !!! I did not see
> GCC. However, I dont know if that is the right place to look for it. Can
>   you give me some tips ??

You can find gcc in /usr/gnu/bin.
If you want to add gcc and g++ to your path you can modify the
file .ashrc in your home directory:

PATH=/usr/bin:[list of other directories]:/usr/gnu/bin

Maurizio Lombardi

> > Do you have GCC installed? Is it in your path?
>
> Well, I went to /usr/bin/ and I saw cc...that was it !!! I did not see
> GCC. However, I dont know if that is the right place to look for it. Can
>   you give me some tips ??

If you don't find gcc in /usr/gnu/bin you can use packman to install
it.

'hello world' OS
Hello all, I would like to know how an OS makes a computer boot up. For that, as a start I would like to see an e_ample (read the underscore as the letter before y, as the keyboard here is defective) C program (along with instructions on how to compile and usae it) that will take over when the computer boots and print "hello world" and reboots the machine when 'enter' is pressed. This will be something of a "hello world" OS (for me) (I have tried to go through the boot.S (not sure about the name) program in the Linu_ kernel source, but I could not understand it s...

I cannot compile hello world with g++ in minix 3
If i do: g++ -o hello hello.cpp, I get g++: error trying to exec 'usr/gnu/libexec/gcc/i386-pc-minix/4.1.1/cc1':execv: Not enough core collect2: gcc returned 1 exit status ----------------------- I have looked at google groups for information about this, but when people fix there problem they dont bother posting the solution for anyone else to read. I cannot find any solution to this problem. All i know is that cc1 may need a adjustment with 'chmem'. Is this right? If it is right can anyone please clearly post the exact instructions needed to get g++ to work. What exact value needs to go with chmem? and please show me how this should look on the command line. why does this not work automatically? > All i know is that cc1 may need a adjustment with 'chmem'. Is this right? > > If it is right can anyone please clearly post the exact instructions > needed to get g++ to work. What exact value needs to go with chmem? and > please show me how this should look on the command line. Yes, this looks like a situation where chmem will be needed. I cannot give you any exact numbers, not can anyone else, because it depends on the amount of memory in your system as well as the size of the largest program you will want to compile. Getting the value right is a matter of experimentation. The error message claims that exec failed. This means that Minix failed to allocate phyical memory for the process, so your system has too little memory to run ...

MINIX JOHN MAPPIN OS COMPUTERS? (JOHN MAPPIN MINIX or PARIS HITLON MINIX?)!
ALF follows an amateur radio signal to Earth and crash-lands into the garage of the Tanners. The Tanners are a suburban middle class family consisting of the social worker Willie, his wife Kate, their teenage daughter Lynn, younger son Brian, and the cat Lucky. Unsure what to do, the Tanners take ALF into their home and hide him from the Alien Task Force (a part of the U.S. military) and their nosy neighbors (the Ochmoneks), until he can repair his spacecraft. He generally hid in the kitchen. It was eventually revealed that ALF's home planet Melmac exploded because of a catastrophe involving nuclear bombs. ALF in Episode four of season one is trying to convince the president of USA to stop the nuclear program as he is scared that Earth might share Melmac's fate. ALF was off the planet because he was part of the Melmac Orbit Guard. Shumway is homeless, but he isn't the last survivor of his species. He became a permanent member of the family, although his culture shock, survivor guilt, general boredom, despair, and loneliness frequently caused difficulty for the Tanners. JOHN MAPPIN MINIX or PARIS HITLON MINIX? While most of the science fiction of ALF was played for comedic value, there were a few references to actual topics in space exploration, for example ALF's using a radio signal as a beacon in the pilot episode. In the episode "Weird Science", ALF told Brian, who was building a model of the solar system for school, that there were two planets b...

[Newbie]Is RISC OS Dead? Programming GUI Hello World? Lot of questions!
Hello, I have some general/programming questions about RISC OS. I am currently a Windows user/programmer, but I used some alternative platforms in the past(Atari,BeOS). I am always looking for cool alternative platform/community. Maybe a RISC OS enthausiast want/can to answer my questions: 1. Is RISC OS dead? If I read different website/newsletters I get really early 90s feelings we saw at that time in the Atari/Commodore community(things like: rumors StrongARM out of production, the guys behind ANT, ArtWorks, etc stopped development etc). Can RISC OS Ltd. really create momentum in the market? This OS really depends on market share in the U.K. and no doubt this is falling fast? 2. Is RISC OS still cooperative multitasking, or is RISC OS 4/5 pre-emtive multitasking? How well are the architecture modernizations implemented? Eg, the 256 character filename thing. Is the FileSystem written from scratch or is this solved a stupid way like Windows 95 did? Is this FS journaled and crash free?(I don't like running tools like scandisk) What about other architecture modernizations?Does this thing have Virtual Memory support nowadays? Is there DHCP-client-support? In general: how modern is RISC OS, and how solid are the choosed solutions? Is it just a layer above the in the 80s designed core functionality, or have things redesigned from scratch here? 3. What is your opinion about the Iyonix compared to the Omega? Which party is going to win? Which computer I need to buy? Pro an...

Hello Moto...hello?...hello?
Hope this isn't OT but I'm looking for help with syncing a Motorola V3 RAZR bluetooth cell phone with my 10.3.8 Mac - and although it is advertised as Mac-compatible, the Phone Tools CD that came with it is Windows-only. Does anyone know if I can still use iSync with this 'phone to sync contacts? I'm assuming that I can anyway connect it via USB and drag stuff in manually but it would be a bit of a let-down if I can't sync automatically. I spoke to Motorola and they said that Apple knew of a way to make their Phone Tools software install under OsX. But the Apple bod I spo...

Hello world
Hi Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page What are the basic instructions? Thank you, Samuel What did you do? Did you install php? for testing a good php script could be an info.php <? phpinfo(); ?> Put it in your wwwroot and do somthing like http://localhost/info.php Good luck. Samuel Shulman wrote: > Hi > > Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page > > What are the basic instructions? > > Thank you, > Samuel > > *** Samuel Shulman escribi�/wrote (Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:08:30 GMT): > Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page > > What are the basic instructions? http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php -- -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain ++ Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com +- Mi web de humor con rayos UVA: http://www.demogracia.com -- Thanks Finally works, Samuel "Alvaro G. Vicario" <webmaster@NOSPAMdemogracia.com> wrote in message news:13mzbpsrqct7z$.1odn93qpyq0ae.dlg@40tude.net... > *** Samuel Shulman escribi�/wrote (Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:08:30 GMT): >> Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page >> >> What are the basic instructions? > > http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php > http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php > > > -- > -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burg...

Hello world!
First time for everything.. Installed Cbuilder from Borland, and try to build the helloworld program (below) that pops up when I start cbuilder. When building, I get this: g++ -c -o /usr/local/CBuilderX/samples/welcome/linux/Release_Build/main.o -MD -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/g++-3 HelloWorld/main.cpp HelloWorld/main.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)': "main.cpp": HelloWorld/main.cpp error: `cout' undeclared in namespace `std' at line 6 "main.cpp": HelloWorld/main.cpp error: `endl' undeclared in namespace `std' at line 6 "main.c...

hello, world
hello, everybody. On Jul 22, 1:15 pm, zhouweiyue <zwyli...@163.com> wrote: > hello, everybody. hi,r u a chinese? smartchenwei@gmail.com 写道: > On Jul 22, 1:15 pm, zhouweiyue <zwyli...@163.com> wrote: >> hello, everybody. > > hi,r u a chinese? > Why do you say that? "rwxrxrx" <zwylinux@163.com> wrote in message news:f7v8s5$cop$1@news.cn99.com... > smartchenwei@gmail.com 写道: >> On Jul 22, 1:15 pm, zhouweiyue <zwyli...@163.com> wrote: >>> hello, everybody. >> >> hi,r u a chinese? > Zhou Wei Yue Doesn&...

Hello World
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hello_world_programs ...

hello world
test ...

hello world
hello world On Apr 23, 12:01=A0pm, nathancba...@gmail.com wrote: > hello world testing, testing, one two three... On 23 Apr 2009 16:58:58 GMT, nathancbaker@gmail.com wrote: > >On Apr 23, 12:01=A0pm, nathancba...@gmail.com wrote: >> hello world > >testing, testing, one two three... four five six... -- ArarghMail904 at [drop the 'http://www.' from ->] http://www.arargh.com BCET Basic Compiler Page: http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html To reply by email, remove the extra stuff from the reply address. Nathan posted: > testing, testing, one two th...

Hello world!!
Hi all, To summarize in advance, what are some good ACTIVE links/forums/ answers to the following question: what's the best current (2008) means of home schooling, say, robotics engineering, a teenager using Smalltalk? I know, I know, this is **exactly** the problem those brilliant people at PARC solved eons ago. I am a veteran Smalltalk programmer and ex-robotics engineer, currently unaffiliated with any company but my own (beckEngineeringLLC) and find myself in the glorious acquaintance of a 14-year-old daughter, tabula rasa in regards to computer programming. She is a ...

Hello World
Hello There I have a problem. I'm a beginner and try to get the following program working. It has an exception. Can you tell me? public class Hello{ public static void main (String args[]){ System.println("hello world"); } } Thanks and greez! System.out.println("hello world"); "Fritz Kaufmann" <kawuma@bluemail.ch> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1c16556a.0401160553.5c81d3d9@posting.google.com... > Hello There > > I have a problem. I'm a beginner and try to > get the following program working. It has > a...

Hello World
I just want to make a simple Hello World style app, to be my first app ever. Is there a good tutorial you know of for making someone's very first app? Sunshine skrev den 2015-03-07 19:53: > I just want to make a simple Hello World style app, to be > my first app ever. > > Is there a good tutorial you know of for making someone's > very first app? > I made one with Android Studio from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html I had to set the environment variable for jdk and set for which Android version I was developing. Good luck. Inge Svensso...

Problem beyond "Hello World": "Hello Word"
Hi everybody I�m still working on a program that types to a Word document. My program opens a Word document and shall work if Word is already running or not. The user are able to do anything with the opened document and application: close them or not. I have extracted the problematic lines from my code. This simple program have just a form with a command button: Private sub Command1_Click Dim appl As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document On Error Resume Next Set appl=GetObject(,"Word.Application") If Err.Number<>0 Then Set appl=CreateObject("Word.App...

Hello World problem
I have entered the Hello World file correctly but I am told I am missing a semicolon in line 1 when I attempt to run the file. Here is my script: https://script.google.com/d/1Agf_C5ERSvWtsMt4LigAxCDTpj598IkMSd4reLRpefMf83xbcyuMo9iI/edit Anyone able to help me understand where exactly I have to put the semi colon at? Thank you in advance John Dildy On Friday, November 30, 2012 7:19:44 AM UTC-8, John Dildy wrote: > I have entered the Hello World file correctly but I am told I am missing = a semicolon in line 1 when I attempt to run the file. Here is my script: ht= tps://script.google.com/d/1Agf_C5ERSvWtsMt4LigAxCDTpj598IkMSd4reLRpefMf83xb= cyuMo9iI/edit Anyone able to help me understand where exactly I have to put= the semi colon at? Thank you in advance John Dildy That's not java John Dildy <jdildy85@gmail.com> wrote: >I have entered the Hello World file correctly but I am told I am missing a semicolon in line 1 when I attempt to run the file. > >Here is my script: > >https://script.google.com/d/1Agf_C5ERSvWtsMt4LigAxCDTpj598IkMSd4reLRpefMf83xbcyuMo9iI/edit > >Anyone able to help me understand where exactly I have to put the semi colon at? Here's what I see there: function myFunction() { } That looks like JavaScript, not Java. They are very different things. Which are you actually trying to use? Assuming it's JavaScript, you have an empty function. It looks to me like it should run,...

Hello World #3
Hello guys, i'm a new entry in this group. I'm a C enthusiast, though i'm not very expert actually. I hope to learn a lot from you, Regards. Giuseppe On 8/5/2012 2:26 PM, Giuseppe Longo wrote: > Hello guys, > i'm a new entry in this group. > > I'm a C enthusiast, though i'm not very expert actually. > I hope to learn a lot from you, Welcome, Giuseppe. Read the group, read your C textbook or other reference, read the FAQ page at <http://www.c-faq.com/>, and you'll learn plenty. -- Eric Sosman esosman@ieee-dot-org.invalid ...

Hello world #2
Hey ppl, I just signed up for this group. I wanna be a game programmer. To be specific I would like to work on 3D game programming with DirectX. I have 2 desired positions which are 3D game programmer or AI programmer. Right now I am working as a software engineer in a company in Turkey (I'm Turkish) but if I can get a chance to be a game programmer I will take it :) Hope to learn from you and one day get a job in this area! mca wrote: > Hey ppl, > > I just signed up for this group. I wanna be a game programmer. To be > specific I would like to work on 3D game programming ...

Hello World in PreScheme
This is probably a very silly question, but PreScheme has no documentation at all, so I'm just fumbling in the dark. I'm trying to compile a hello world program in PreScheme, which I guess might be something like this: $ cat hello.scm (define-structure hello (export f) (open scheme) (begin (define (f) (display "hello world") (newline)))) I'm trying to compile it as follows: $ scheme48 -i prescheme.image [...] prescheme-compiler> (prescheme-compiler '(hello) '("hello.scm") 'f "hello.c") ...

The top in the world OS
As everyone knows, GNU/Linux grew up as a project to create a completely free alternative to Unix. Key parts were written by Richard Stallman while living the archetypal hacker's life at and around MIT, and by Linus Torvalds – in his bedroom. Against that background, it's no wonder that one of Microsoft's approaches to attacking GNU/Linux has been to dismiss it on technical grounds: after all, such a rag-bag of code written by long-haired hippies and near-teenagers could hardly be compared with the product of decades of serious, top-down planning by some of best cod...

Hello World for Motif
I found it. Enjoy everyone. /* * @OPENGROUP_COPYRIGHT@ * COPYRIGHT NOTICE * Copyright (c) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Open Software Foundation, Inc. * Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 The Open Group * ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (MOTIF). See the file named COPYRIGHT.MOTIF for * the full copyright text. * * This software is subject to an open license. It may only be * used on, with or for operating systems which are themselves open * source systems. You must contact The Open Group for a license * allowing distribution and sublicensing of this software on, with, * or for operating systems which are not Open Source programs. * * See http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/license for full * details of the license agreement. Any use, reproduction, or * distribution of the program constitutes recipient's acceptance of * this agreement. * * EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROGRAM IS * PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY * KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY * WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY * OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE * * EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, NEITHER RECIPIENT * NOR ANY CONTRIBUTORS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, * INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL * DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFI...

How could I screw up Hello World?
{ Please constrain replies to general information, i.e. not discussing enviroment specific details. -mod/aps } I am trying to learn C, then C++. I have looked for competent coders in these languages until I am blue in the face. Failing to find any, I am teaching myself C and C++. (I'll just code the damned stuff myself.) Being a rank beginner at these languages, I would like to know what you think the best GUI IDEs for learning/coding would be. I coded my first little Hello World C executable in Bloodshed's compiler and then tried it in VS 2005. VS 2005 forced me to include &qu...

Hello World #2
Taken from Ben Kurtovic's blog: http://benkurtovic.com/2014/06/01/obfuscating-hello-world.html (lambda _, __, ___, ____, _____, ______, _______, ________: getattr( __import__(True.__class__.__name__[_] + [].__class__.__name__[__]), ().__class__.__eq__.__class__.__name__[:__] + ().__iter__().__class__.__name__[_____:________] )( _, (lambda _, __, ___: _(_, __, ___))( lambda _, __, ___: chr(___ % __) + _(_, __, ___ // __) if ___ else (lambda: _).func_code.co_lnotab, _ << ...

hello, world woes
hi there, i'm going through a tutorial, and am stuck on a hello world example. sorry for being so lame! i'm on debian GNU/linux, using wxwindows 2.4. ///// HelloWorld.h // #ifndef _HELLOWORLD_H #define _HELLOWORLD_H class HelloWorldApp : public wxApp { virtual bool OnInit(); }; DECLARE_APP(HelloWorldApp) #endif ///// HelloWorld.cpp // #include <wx/wx.h> #include "HelloWorld.h" IMPLEMENT_APP(HelloWorldApp) bool HelloWorldApp::OnInit() { wxFrame *frame = new wxFrame( (wxFrame *) NULL, -1, "Hello World"); frame...

Web resources about - Hello World!!! - comp.os.minix

World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
World is a common name for the whole of human civilization , specifically human experience , history , or the human condition in general, worldwide ...

CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Atlanta Daily World
News site with Joomla 2.5 template for latest news.

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Billing and OSS World: A telecom billing systems and OSS magazine
Billing and OSS World Magazine is written and edited for telecommunications managers , engineers and professionals cio cto

IoT Evolution World
The Evolution of the IoT and how it is transforming everything

IT World Canada Information Technology news on products, services and issues for CIOs, IT managers and ...
IT World Canada offers news and information services to help technology professionals succeed in the Canadian market. Find news, reviews and ...

Riehl World News - Riehl news for real people
Riehl news for real people Welcome to a new and hopefully improved look for my RiehlWorldView blog. Don’t let the template, an early New York ...

PC World Magazine New Zealand
Technology news and reviews for business and home. New Zealand producer, scriptwriter and animator Lewis Roscoe aims to produce the “world’s ...

World Twenty20: Australia search for way to stop Virat Kohli in India blockbuster
He's one of the finest batsmen in the world, and since Sachin Tendulkar's retirement certainly the most revered, and when tensions rise he's ...