Cannot create a file when that file already exists

I built a dummy Win32 Smart Device application from the Visual Studio
2005 wizard and upon deploying the application to the real Pocket PC
device connected with ActiveSync 4.0, I got the following error message
in the output console: "Cannot create a file when that file already
exists". I had this error even the first time I deployed the
application; thus it is not a problem because of a file I am trying to
deploy that already exists. I did the same test on the Pocket PC 2003
emulator and everything works fine. Do you know to which file the error
message is referring to?

comp.os.ms-windows.ce 959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Write to text file. Append to existing file. Create file if file doesn't exist.
Hi folks,   up to LabVIEW 7 there was a wonderful "Write to Text File" vi which allowed the option "Append to File". Now, in LabVIEW 8, this old vi is not longer supported anymore. Instead, I am suggested to use a new "Write to Text File" vi. This vi does not offer the option "Append to File" anymore. Rather it is proposed in the online help that one should use the "Set File Position" in order to append text to the file. This much less straightforward than the old solution. Furthermore, I miss an option which would create the ...

create a zip file with existing files in it
I try the zip example described in the doc. It worked that way. But now I want to add existing files to a new created zip. first the code <code> void OBApp::Test () { wxFFileOutputStream out(_T("C:\\test.zip")); wxZipOutputStream zip(out); wxTextOutputStream txt(zip); // ?? wxFileInputStream strFile("C:\\autoexec.bat"); wxString sep(wxFileName::GetPathSeparator()); zip.PutNextEntry(_T("C:\\autoexec.bat")); txt << _T("Some text for entry1.txt\n"); zip.PutNextEn...

How to open a file for binary access without creating an empty file if the file doesn't exist
I'd like to open a file for binary access Open "C:\Test\myfile.bin" For Binary Lock Read Write As #1 Unfortunately if the file does not exist an empty file is created (Visual Basic Documentation: If the file specified by pathname doesn't exist, it is created when a file is opened for Append, Binary, Output, or Random modes). Today before opening the file for binary access I check if the file exists. But I experienced situations where the file during the file check existed and just before the opening of the file it has been removed by another programm. Is there really no ...

File.exists? ignores file extension on windows?
I just wanted to check in with an issue I ran into last night. I was trying to unpack a zip file using the following code which appears to be the recommended way to extract using this library. ------------------------------8<------------------------------ Zip::ZipFile::open(zip_file) do |zf| zf.each do |e| fpath = File.join(dir, e.name) FileUtils.mkdir_p(File.dirname(fpath)) zf.extract(e, fpath) end end ------------------------------>8------------------------------ Unfortunately for me, the archive I was extracting contained two sibling files: 1) bin/fcsh.exe 2) bi...

How to create a brush with .JPG file in a Windows Resource file ?
Hi all, Because I'm tired of drawing images on windows and controls, I decided to assign a PatternBrush to windows or controls. But I don't want my app grow bigger, I'll use .JPG files. I found a cool sample posted by Michael Rubinstein. Its name is WPBrush. With WPBrush, you can save a ..JPG file in a windows resource file, create a PatternBrush with it and finally, the brush will be assigned to a Window or a Control as the Background Brush. Very nice. You don't have to write a dispatch method. But actually, it's not working. Can anybody let me know what&...

Creating new files in an existing deployed war file.
I have a web application that is contained in a war file. I have a requirement to generate an xml file ( will be an rss field ), that can be accessible at a given url within my web application. This file could be quite big, so I can't just generate it on the fly per request. Nor can I cache it in session data. I'd prefer to deploy my application in war, rather than exploded-war format ( portability being a large concern.... ), however given I need to generate this xml file and save it in a directory of my web-app root, I think my only option is to revert to exploded war use. Is there...

I create .nsf files but .id files are not created
Hi Guys, I 'm a complete noob .. but have experience with Active Directory... like I said .. I look at the data file no .id files but I can see the .nsf files.. odd... I can use my web mail .. not .. LAN. Thanx, ver. 6.5 Al mroscarhernandez@gmail.com wrote: > Hi Guys, > I 'm a complete noob .. but have experience with Active Directory... > like I said .. I look at the data file no .id files > but I can see the .nsf files.. odd... I can use my web mail .. not .. > LAN. > > Thanx, ver. 6.5 > > Al > You might have chosen to put...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

open file in c / create if file doesn't exist
Hi everyone! I have a problem with trying to open a file in C. The following line in my code is suppoed to open a specified file if it exists and create a new one with this name if one doesn't exist: if ((shfd = open(argv[2], O_CREAT | O_RDWR, 0644)) < 0) my_error("open failed"); If I try to open a file that doesn't exist I get an error: Bus error And when it creates a file it sets permissions to -rw------ instead of -rw-r--r-- as I would hope... Is there something I'm not getting about how O_CREATE works?... However, if I try to open existing file that is no...

OS X file associations lost on files restored to Windows server
We recently migrated from a Novell to a Windows 2003 server and all of the files copied to the directories that do not have extensions (as they were created by Mac users) lost their associations. The only way that they are reassociated is if we add file extensions or each file is opened and closed (which changes the date). As we have tens if not hundreds of thousands of files, the manual approach is impossible. Is there a program for OS X that recognizes the proper associations and adds a file extension or just reassociates the files, displaying the proper icon? I found one program, but yo...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? thanks for any advice, johny ...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? (just like "cat abc.ps > dev/usb/lp0" in linux) thanks for any advice, johny ...

Windows can't create folders/files with long file names
Hello! Sometimes I've got the problem, that my Windows XP Pro can't create folders/files with long file names on some shares. However, it's always possible to read existing folders/files with long file names. After restarting Windows and reconnecting the share, the problem normally goes away. At a given point in time, the problem doesn't exist for all users (IOW: some users can create long file names, some can't). Right now, the problem appears most often on a HP-UX 11.00 server with 2.2.5 but sometimes it also appears on a Mandrake 9.1 2.2.7a server. Why is ...

How to convert rtf file output(already exist) into any image file using SAS
Hi Friends How to convert rtf file output(already exist) into any image file using SAS Let know the solution On Feb 4, 10:30=A0am, Satya <kondal4u...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Friends > > How to convert rtf file output(already exist) =A0into any image file > using SAS > > Let know the solution You have been given good advice on what RTF is. In .NET you can convert RTF to PDF if that is your desire but you do need to get out of using SAS for this conversion. What do you want to do with it? A little bit of information would help. Alan http://www.savian.net ...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? (just like "cat abc.ps > dev/usb/lp0" in linux) thanks for any advice, johny ...

Append a file to an existing file
Hi there I am wondering if there is a simple command in Tcl that I can append a file to an existing file, or combine two files into one file ? Thanks for the help. Regards S-Y. Chen S-Y. Chen wrote: > Hi there > > I am wondering if there is a simple command in Tcl that I can append a > file to an existing file, or combine two files into one file ? > > > Thanks for the help. > > Regards > S-Y. Chen > Here's one way... - [open] fileA in append mode - [open] fileB in read only mode - [read] the contents of fileB and write it to fileA using [puts] ...

After write TDMS file, I close the storage ref (file), then I delete the file in program, error occured:File already open. How to solve it?
I want to delete channel groups in TDMS file, but the delete storage VI doesn't work, so I need to copy the needed datas to another file, and then delete the orignal file. The error occured&nbsp; when I deleted the orignal file, the prompt was: File already open. But I examined my program and I had used the colse storage VI to close the storage ref(file), the ref closed&nbsp;was&nbsp;equal to the ref open. How to solve it? &nbsp; Thanks for your reply! Untitled 1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/266602/1/Untitled 1.vi The file connections are refcounted, so it...

file exists / file not found
While playing with some code for another thread, I discovered that among the BASIC language diagnostics was the text FILE NOT FOUND. I am unable to find FILE EXISTS among the BASIC diagnostics. When I attempt a load of a non existent file, the drive error light blinks and the system issues a FILE NOT FOUND diagnostic. When I try to save data with a name of a file already on the disk, the drive error light blinks but no diagnostic is issued by the system. In both cases, the drive needs to be queried to retrieve the drive's diagnostic and to stop the drive error light from blinking. I ha...

Create Files/ Upload Files
Hi Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and then upload some files to that newly created folder? But before we create the file check that an existing file does not already exist and then upload the files to the newly created directory. Thanks Baka On Jun 26, 7:49 am, abhm <bak...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the f...

While extracting a llb file Open/Create/Replace File.vi Windows renamed the VI.
Hi All, We ...

Python 3.4.1 install does not create a file association for .py files on Windows
I install Python 3.4.1 64-bit on Windows. After the install I type: assoc .py and I get back: File association not found for extension .py Why does not the Python install to associate extension .py with the Python Launcher for Windows ? On 8/5/2014 3:36 PM, Edward Diener wrote: > I install Python 3.4.1 64-bit on Windows. After the install I type: I have done the same, on Win 7, but I had previous installs going back 3 years on this machine. > assoc .py > > and I get back: > > File association not found for extension .py I get C:\Users\Terry>...

HP-3000 MPEiX with Minisoft COBOL determine if file exists in Windows file system
Hello, We use Minisoft Secure-92 to emulate HP-3000 terminals on Windows XP computers. I would like to determine if a windows file exists from a COBOL II program executing on the HP-3000. Is that possible? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony ...

While extracting a llb file Open/Create/Replace File.vi Windows renamed the VI. #2
Hi All, &nbsp; While we extracted an LLB file which contains Open/Create/Replace File.vi LabVIEW asked to rename the VI. As it is NI's VI it is difficult for us to rename the same. Is there any solution avialable to overcome this issue. &nbsp; Note: &nbsp;We are using WindowsXP with LabVIEW 7.0(ENG) evaluation version. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Our LLB file was created using LabVIEW 6.1(Jap) &nbsp; Thanks in AdvanceMessage Edited by Aneesh on 09-02-2005 02:23 AM Before you submit post please use preview pos...

OS X: Creating window without using nib file
I was wondering if any of you guys would know how (or if) I can make a window without having to use a nib file. The idea of gathering information like that from a file just doesn't feel right to me and I would hate my self for publishing code using such evil mechanism. Anyway, All I can find are referances and they're not very helpful. In article <d70179c8.0410030836.6ac003a@posting.google.com>, andryng@gmail.com (Andri Yngvason) wrote: > I was wondering if any of you guys would know how (or if) I can make a > window without having to use a nib file. The idea ...

Web resources about - Cannot create a file when that file already exists - comp.os.ms-windows.ce

Facebook Users’ Reactions to Reactions: ‘Meh’
Not surprisingly, a new survey by YouGov found lukewarm support for Facebook’s recently introduced Reactions and continued desire for a dislike ...

The Latest: Victims of House Fire Were Lobbyist's Children
Colleagues say a Washington state lobbyist is the father of three children killed in a house fire

Tony Dyson, builder of the original R2-D2, has died
Professor Tony Dyson, builder of the original R2-D2, has passed away at the age of 68. While the cause of death has not been officially determined, ...

Unemployment Drops To 4.9% As U.S. Economy Adds 242,000 Jobs In February
The unemployment rate in the United States stayed steady at 4.9 per cent, an eight-year low while the nation added 242,000 new jobs in February. ...

Watch Tottenham Hotspur Vs. Arsenal Live Stream: 183rd North London Derby Is Biggest Ever — Start Time ...
Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal, perhaps the most bitter rivals in the Barclays Premier League, have played 182 North London Derby matches, but ...

What we need at this very moment in history is OJ Simpson back in the news
Knife Found on O.J. Simpson Estate Slices into News Cycle

Watch: Brandi, Bobbi Kristina, and Action Figures: The 3 Things You Should Know Today
From Brandi Chastain's donation to Bring Your Action Figure to Work Day, ABC News' Amna Nawaz gets you up to speed on what you should know today. ...

Unreal developer blasts Microsoft, claims company wants to monopolize game development
One of gaming's most well-known developers, Tim Sweeney, has come out swinging against the Windows Store. Microsoft's new Universal Windows Platform ...

Google “Right to be Forgotten” changes further muddy privacy
Google is changing the way it handles "Right to be Forgotten" requests, taking into account location in a further attempt to appease European ...

Dear Ellen Burstyn, please stay on 'House of Cards' forever
WARNING: This post contains spoilers about the first episode of House of Cards Season 4. But only that one episode. If you've seen it, you're ...