Menu check mark magically disappears

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me with the following problem.
I simply use CheckMenuItem on a item in the regular main menu
previously created with SHCreateMenuBar. So far so good, that all works
like it is supposed to.

Through another menu item I open a settings dialog. As soon as I leave
this settings dialog, the previously set check mark in the main menu is
gone. Further attempts of calling CheckMenuItem seem to be alright when
I debug them, but the check mark doesn't appear again til I restart the
application.

Any thoughts on that issue ?
Somebody ran into the same problem ?

Regards,

Stefan

comp.os.ms-windows.ce 959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

migration to CE .net 4.2 (Windows CE) or Windows Mobile 2003 from Windows CE 3.0
I have an application developed under Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (Edition 2002) that ran under Windows CE 3.0. When trying to run that application under .net 4.2 I'm getting an error such that "Cannot find extension file Forms Data. Please run setup to restore this file". Am I totally out of luck under CE .net 4.2 here and should better switch to Windows Mobile 2003? The vendor of the PDA offer the hardware with two OS options, .Net 4.2 or Windows mobile 2003. Is Windows mobile 2003 the successor of Windows CE 3.0 or is it a totally different animal? I'm a bit lost at the ...

OS/2 C60 programs converted into MS windows programs?Information on OS/2 C60?
Hello, all I am working on a project that needs to convert OS/2 C60 programs into MS windows programs. And I found it difficult to find useful information. Could somebody kindly help me ? any tips?web sites? 1. How can I convert OS/2 C60 programs into MS windows programs? 2.Where can I find information on OS/2 C60 ?any web sites...? 3. What are the difference between variable types in OS/2 and in MS windows? Any tips are appreciated. Coca In article <g95ci0p98npj1f40pldt888mo286km1fme@4ax.com>, Coca <bigmelon@btamail.net.cn> wrote: >I am working on a project that nee...

Bevelbutton Menu Check Marks
I have been playing with Bevelbuttons and quickly ran into the annoying check mark placed next to the most recent menu item select the next time that menu is shown. No idea why this has been implemented - but I have found a solution (not the solution, but a solution - if there's a better solution please post it. Bascially I kill and rebuild the menu of the bevelbutton every time the button is clicked. Instead of building the menu in the bevelbutton.open I kill it and build it time and time again in bevelbutton.mousedown: me.deleteAllRows me.MenuValue = -1 me.addro...

Enabling a Unix OS in dual boot config with a Windows OS to maintain a valid keytab in Active Directory without invalidating the Windows OS's domain trust relationship
Dear List, This information is aimed at sites for which all of the following apply: - Sites that are using Active Directory as a Kerberos KDC - Sites that have dual-boot configured machines running both a Linux and W= indows based OS with the same hostname - Sites that want to have a working Kerberos keytab on the Linux OS, but w= ithout invalidating the trust relationship between the Windows OS and Activ= e Directory. This problem may be old news or may not apply, but it can be solved with a = few steps: Problem/Background: If a keytab is constructed for the Linux OS (using mskt= util, ...

Mac OS X
I have long wanted to have the menu at the top of the screen to appear and disappear when needed, much as one can set the dock to do. A recent comment here in these forums again reminded me of that want. Not quite the same, but somewhat close, is the effect of installing a little applet called Menu Ecllipse which allows one to set the shade of the menu such that when not active it appears black. Thus the menubar is only visible when the cursor is upon it. -- James Leo Ryan --- Austin, Texas --- taliesinsoft@me.com In article 0001HW.C773B5950007C1A6B02A89BF@News.Individua...

Better DOS than DOS, better Windows than Windows, better OS/2 than OS/2 :-)))
Hello, hereby I officially announce my entry into "eCS lusers" crowd :-) Installed 1.1 entry upgrade from Warp 4 on Saturday. Until now I was at Warp 4 FP15, and the days of fixed-patched-1996-oldtimer are gone. Although OS/2 base system in eCS 1.1 does not considerably differ from CP2, the value of added software (especially SDK 4.52) made my day. I got up-to-date OS/2 with SDK and other SW for cca 109 euro (thanks to my Warp 4). Just one notice about eCS: Should have happened earlier, in Warp 3 times. And just a drop of poison for you-know-who: I was able to run all my OS/2 sof...

Windows CE surpassed Palm OS in marketshare!
Windows CE knocks Palm OS off the top spot Microsoft takes PDA operating system lead for the first time Robert Jaques, vnunet.com 15 Nov 2004 Microsoft's Windows CE has knocked Palm off the PDA operating system sales top spot for the first time, newly released market research has revealed. According to the latest report from Gartner, PDA shipments exceeded 2.8 million units in the third quarter of 2004, as Windows CE licences surpassed the Palm OS for the first time. Windows CE was found to account for 48.1 per cent of worldwide PDA shipments in third quarter of 2004. Palm OS units rep...

Windows CE, Windows Mobile
Is there a working version of Perl that can be installed on a handheld PDA or smartphone (eg Ipaq Hw6915). I am planning to get a new device and would like to install perl on it - if I can't I'll probably end up installing Basic! === sgb sgbailey@iee.org wrote: > Is there a working version of Perl that can be installed on a handheld > PDA or smartphone (eg Ipaq Hw6915). > > I am planning to get a new device and would like to install perl on it > - if I can't I'll probably end up installing Basic! I am curious as well :-) From the top of my head, there is ...

Bevelbutton Menu Check Marks Part II
Re some users' assertions that my check mark fix is not a fix at all because the check mark is supposed to be there... I say bah humbug! Safari and Firefox themselves feature drop down menus from icon buttons that DO NOT feature check marks... as the RB toolbar class isn't cross platform and doesn't support drop down menus... and because I am trying to emulate those menus... I have to use the bevelbutton... and sometimes I don't want or need the check marks on the menus. If someone has a neater solution to this please let me know!!! :-) ...

FWD: Check out this internet patch for MS Windows
--ojldnpgnteeu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uxjdxygoloshxqbw"; type="multipart/alternative" --uxjdxygoloshxqbw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="benuhtmdo" --benuhtmdo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

CDialog
I've got a simple menu, created it in the resource editor and made it the menu for my main Dialog window. (CRSMDlg) How do I get my menu to display a check / tick box next to the item when I click on it. I tried adding the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI event handler but no matter what I do the menu item is not "ticked" : void CRSMDlg::OnUpdateOps(CCmdUI *pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck(1); } Is there an update / repaint method I must call, some property I must set on the Dialog box to inform it ? Also I found that the shortcut keys does not display when you click on...

Hotbeef checks in on the OS/2
www.cgff.net ...

MS-Windows limit on menu items has been exceeded.
What is this warning supposed to mean? "Warning: MS-Windows limit on menu items has been exceeded. Some menus may not be shown. If possible, try closing some windows or using fewer menus." I have less than 10 figures open. Any ideas? I checked this newsgroup but I couldn't find any answers. Thanks M ...

Windows CE with "application level driver" instead of real Windows CE driver"?
Hello, I'm interesting to know if it is possible to compile Windows CE without display driver, and then at application level configure the dispaly hardware? Can it work? The reason i want to do it is because I have now application that working on board with PXA255 without operation system(application have access directly to the harware), and I need to port the application on Windows CE. If I will be able to use my current display driver instead of developing a new one that depends on WINCE, I will be able to use my current graphic function without any changes. Otherwise I will need to redo all my graphics... Can any one advice me if it is possible? Thanks in advance and Best Regards, Alex ...

Check/Unchek in PopUp Menu -- Tick mark is not toggleing
Hi I am displaying a Pop Up menu on right click of List Control's Header(CListCtrl). This popup menu is having Check/Tick marks. But they are not toggleing on subsequent clicks. I am using CMenu's CheckMenuItem( ) function. Can anybody please help me? Thanx in Advance... My Code looks like.... The first Function is displaying popup menu. The second funtion is handling the click on menuitems. The code for Toggleing Check/Tick mark is in second one. BOOL CWitPlayerDlg::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam, LRE...

Mac OS X Leopard and the disappearing Matlab windows
Anyone else having their Matlab windows disappear on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard? I'm using the Matlab editor and debugger (2007b) on my Intel Mac, installed after I upgraded to Leopard, and when I push certain debugger buttons, all windows for Matlab disappear, never to be found again. I've checked my second "space" and they're not there either. I'm left with the active Matlab icon on the dock, but no way to open (or find) the command window, editors, figures, etc. My only workaround has been to force quit, restart Matlab and avoid using the editor. I hav...

How to show a check mark for a dynamically generated menu item?
Hello, I am generating a menu dynamically in the #onAboutToDisplayMenu: method and would like to add check mark to certain menu items. The problem is that the #queryCommand: method of my shell is only called for the menu name itself, but not for each menu item. (See below for my coding in those two methods). How can I enable check marks for the menu items? Bernhard queryCommand: aCommandQuery (aCommandQuery command == #drives) ifTrue: [ aCommandQuery isEnabled: true. ^true. ]. self halt. (aCommandQuery command == #toggleDriveMonitoring: ) ifTrue: [ aCommandQue...

getaddrinfo() problem within MS LSP Sample for Windows CE
Hi all, I've been working on developing an LSP for the PocketPC. I'm using an HP5550 for development... I have built and installed the LSP sample provided with Platform Builder 5.0. After adding basic logging, its obvious that WSPStringToAddress fails each time iexplore calls it. This is because the AddressString parameter passed into the function by iexplore.exe, is in URL form, and not dotted IP form as the WSPStringToAddress function expects. Has anyone else experienced this? I expected the function to work as provided in the sample... This leaves me needing to conv...

PDA error 1150 w/ MS Windows CE 5.00
Hello, &nbsp; I have a PDA device operating with Microsoft Windows CE 5.00 . Nevertheless I get error 1150 (create process failed) when I want to run the application developed with my LabView PDA&nbsp;8.5 Software. Are there any more things which I have to consider? &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Magnus &nbsp; ...

Display field problem in MS Access 2000 (OS-Windows XP)
We have MS Access 2000 Application (on Network- file server) and it workd fine as intended. However in one of our Windows XP computer (workstation) in bookd jobs module 10 digit field shows 8 digits only and than we need to scroll with cursor to see last two digits. I have tried to change the display settings of monitor and even I replaced the monitor but still it shows 8 digit only. Is there any other settings for paricular workstaion I need to do? Also when that paricular job we try to print on HP Laserjet 8150 printer (all printer tried but same result) it prints 8 digit (when we view it s...

Using MS streaming Windows Media with Media Player under OS/2
I got thanks to a hint of Frank Vos many internet streaming FM and TV stations working under OS/2 (:-). See: http://wwitv.com/portal.htm for streaming video. The ingredients are: A genuine OS/2 Mozila browser: http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/ The Movie player port of KO Myung-Hun (many thanks!): http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/video/players/mplayer_os2_test.ziphttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/video/players/mplayer_os2_test.ziphttp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/video/players/mplayer_os2_test.zip The MediaPlayerConnectivity plugin for FireFox/Moz...

Window CE or Palm OS? Any device to recommend that is cheap and value for money?
H Which should I get? I was using a Palm Vx before but have not used i for a long time. Which one should I get Window CE or Palm OS? Which one is better -- MagiClick - The Best Palm OS Game: www.palmgear.com/?xyz=9672 <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:.1wcv3v@no-mx.forums.micromagiclabs.com... > > Hi > > Which should I get? I was using a Palm Vx before but have not used it > for a long time. > > Which one should I get? > > Window CE or Palm OS? > > Which one is better? Palm, obviously. :) The better opera...

Reading MS-DOS and Windows (VFAT) format long filenames under RISC OS.
This may not be the right newsgroup to ask this question, but I was wondering whether there was a patch to DOSFS in RISC OS that allows these long filenames to be supported. Now that long filenames are supported natively in RISC OS, I would think it would be a fairly easy thing to do to patch the DOSFS module to understand the extra metadata included in VFAT volumes. On 08/08/2010 17:42, Gazza wrote: > This may not be the right newsgroup to ask this question, but I was > wondering whether there was a patch to DOSFS in RISC OS that allows > these long filenames to be supported. Now th...

How to embedd the USB6008/9 driver in a windows ce 5.0 OS image
Hello, &nbsp; I want to add the drivers for USB6008/9, in a Windows CE 5.0 OS image using the Platform Builder. So I want to know the procedures for doing this task. &nbsp; Thanks. Hello Murilo, I`m using it, the problem is that I have to install DAQmx Base 3.1 every time I to restart or turn on&nbsp;de TPC. I also probed to copy the files (ddls and other stuff) in a Compact Flash and copy from there to the folders in the TPC with a batch file in the Start Up folder. This procedure worked, but the problem is that I have to unplug the USB6009 before a restart or a turn on. And beca...

Web resources about - Menu check mark magically disappears - comp.os.ms-windows.ce

Disappears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Markup Language Endpoints To Disappear As Of July 5
The slow death of Facebook Markup Language continued with the social network’s announcement that all FBML endpoints will be gone as of July 5. ...

Robert Scoble - Why is the PRISM story going to disappear... - Facebook
Why is the PRISM story going to disappear within two weeks? 30,000+ people die in cars every year in the US. We don't care. We get into cars ...

‘Custom user clusters’ feature appears and disappears from Facebook ad tool
Some Facebook users temporarily saw a link to a new feature called “custom user clusters” within the self-serve ad tool last week. Facebook ...

When Product Features Disappear - Amazon, Apple, Tesla and the Troubled Future for 21st Century Consumers ...
One of the great innovations of the 21 century are products that are cloud-connected and update and improve automatically. For software, gone ...

Day 250 - Disappear - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spent the day shopping with my grandma and Lewis because she was treating us to early presents as she won't be here for our birthday. I got ...

Before I Disappear - Official Trailer I HD I IFC Films - YouTube
Before I Disappear - Opening in theaters and VOD November 28th Starring: Shawn Christensen, Emmy Rossum, Fatima Ptacek, Ron Perlman and Paul ...

Internet will 'disappear', Google boss Eric Schmidt tells Davos
Google executive chairman predicts the internet will soon be so ubiquitous it will effectively "disappear" into the background.

Boy disappears off Sydney beach (01:35)
The frantic search continues for a five-year-old boy after he disappeared into the water at Sandringham on Sunday afternoon. Nine News.

How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear
Business Insider Australia How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear Business Insider Australia It's all really ...