Strange Database format - help needed

Hi all,

I am writing a pocket PC application that will use database access. Part of
the data is new, but another part is used by a legacy application that is
not docummented :-(. And we would like to use this data read-only.

This data is stored in CEDB, but in a very strange format:
- every table "SomeTable" is split into two tables: "SomeTable" and
"SomeTable_idx",
- "SomeTable_idx" has two records and many fields in every of them,
- "SomeTable" seems to have the actual data; it has many records, each of
them with exactly two fields. One field is binary blob, the other is some
UInt.

Has anyone seen such a format? Do you think it is anything standard, or
maybe some custom solution?

DW.

comp.os.ms-windows.ce 959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Reading MS-DOS and Windows (VFAT) format long filenames under RISC OS.
This may not be the right newsgroup to ask this question, but I was wondering whether there was a patch to DOSFS in RISC OS that allows these long filenames to be supported. Now that long filenames are supported natively in RISC OS, I would think it would be a fairly easy thing to do to patch the DOSFS module to understand the extra metadata included in VFAT volumes. On 08/08/2010 17:42, Gazza wrote: > This may not be the right newsgroup to ask this question, but I was > wondering whether there was a patch to DOSFS in RISC OS that allows > these long filenames to be supported. Now th...

migration to CE .net 4.2 (Windows CE) or Windows Mobile 2003 from Windows CE 3.0
I have an application developed under Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (Edition 2002) that ran under Windows CE 3.0. When trying to run that application under .net 4.2 I'm getting an error such that "Cannot find extension file Forms Data. Please run setup to restore this file". Am I totally out of luck under CE .net 4.2 here and should better switch to Windows Mobile 2003? The vendor of the PDA offer the hardware with two OS options, .Net 4.2 or Windows mobile 2003. Is Windows mobile 2003 the successor of Windows CE 3.0 or is it a totally different animal? I'm a bit lost at the ...

OS/2 C60 programs converted into MS windows programs?Information on OS/2 C60?
Hello, all I am working on a project that needs to convert OS/2 C60 programs into MS windows programs. And I found it difficult to find useful information. Could somebody kindly help me ? any tips?web sites? 1. How can I convert OS/2 C60 programs into MS windows programs? 2.Where can I find information on OS/2 C60 ?any web sites...? 3. What are the difference between variable types in OS/2 and in MS windows? Any tips are appreciated. Coca In article <g95ci0p98npj1f40pldt888mo286km1fme@4ax.com>, Coca <bigmelon@btamail.net.cn> wrote: >I am working on a project that nee...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Windows CE Database Programming
I am facing problems when m trying to enter a new record to the database that i created. I ve a structure of 11 elements that s to be written as a new record into database. I m not uderstanding how to write the elements of this structure to a database...please help.. ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Enabling a Unix OS in dual boot config with a Windows OS to maintain a valid keytab in Active Directory without invalidating the Windows OS's domain trust relationship
Dear List, This information is aimed at sites for which all of the following apply: - Sites that are using Active Directory as a Kerberos KDC - Sites that have dual-boot configured machines running both a Linux and W= indows based OS with the same hostname - Sites that want to have a working Kerberos keytab on the Linux OS, but w= ithout invalidating the trust relationship between the Windows OS and Activ= e Directory. This problem may be old news or may not apply, but it can be solved with a = few steps: Problem/Background: If a keytab is constructed for the Linux OS (using mskt= util, ...

List Database file format needed
Hi people, I need to access the "List" database files directly. Does anyone have any idea where I can find the data format? I have tried emailing the guy who wrote List for the Public Domain but he has not answered. Thanks in advance. Dave davenpete@gmail.com wrote: >Hi people, > >I need to access the "List" database files directly. Does anyone have >any idea where I can find the data format? I have tried emailing the >guy who wrote List for the Public Domain but he has not answered. > >Thanks in advance. > >Dave You don't say specifica...

Urgent -Formated windows and need to restore
Hi all, My windows has formatted and now I have only my oracle useless files.My last backup is about 1 week old so I want to restore datafiles without using that backup and just by datafiles and controlfiles and ... Do you know how is it possible? Can I install new oracle and create a tablespace with using old datafiles? PS: I was in archivedlog mode. -Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.dbmonster.com Comments embedded. Ach C via DBMonster.com wrote: > Hi all, > My windows has formatted Obviously this did not occur on its own. You formatted Windows for what reason? > a...

MS Windows ownerdraw features from DataBasic
Since version 2.1.0.0-00 You can now create free style menus and objects. This feature is unique to BRIZ 2.1. New possibilities with OwnerDraw (OD) feature and OwnerDrawContext (ODC) object from DataBasic: 1 To create any number of ODC 2 Simultaneous use of one ODC with many objects 3 To set new ODC for an object at runtime 4 To change the contents of ODC at runtime (for example change color, pen, brush, gradient fill, font, size ......, view) 5 To load ODC from file or create/edit from DataBasic 6 Most of GDI+ features are now available in ODC 7 Easily deploy and exchange of ODC between developers 8 To create MV specific GUI objects based on standard Window's objects 9 To create and print ODC as printable forms (not easy, but stable result) 10 To work with multipage images (preview in free form, slideshow) 11 To preview any standard graphic images (GIF TIFF JPEG BMP .....) 12 To retrieve and change any attribute of image (resolution, dates, author, camera ....) ........ For preview of features of GDI+ You can see MS GDI+ Documentation: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533798.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533797.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533802.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533799.aspx As example of using(result) of ODC, please, take a view on BRIZ main menu. BRIZ uses TerminalMenu.ODC context for menus drawing. Example of OD menus (DataBasic) Based on GP_TERM.LIB: h...

Need os/2 Simulator for Windows.....
Hi ... I am Naveen., I want the os/2 simulator for windows. Plz let me know from where i can download it... Thankyou.... Here in comp.os.os2.misc, "Naveen Kumar" <naveenkumar.potluri@gmail.com> spake unto us, saying: > I am Naveen., I want the os/2 simulator for windows. Plz >let me know from where i can download it... There is no "OS/2 simulator for Windows" that I am aware of...? -- -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Mableton, GA USA OS/2 + eCS + Linux + W...

Need a Windows CE Programmer in Brisbane
Can anyone point me in the right direction here. Looking for anyone who knows Win CE in the Brisbane QLD area Thanks Steve On Feb 16, 11:35 am, "steve" <steve....@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone point me in the right direction here. > Looking for anyone who knows Win CE in the Brisbane QLD area Nobody uses that crap. "Bill Gates is looking for you." <gateswh@usa.com> wrote in message news:1171861132.600077.288220@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > On Feb 16, 11:35 am, "steve" <steve....@gmail.com> wrote: >> Can anyone point me in the right direction here. >> Looking for anyone who knows Win CE in the Brisbane QLD area > > > Nobody uses that crap. > There are probably more CE users then Mac users in the world. ...

Better DOS than DOS, better Windows than Windows, better OS/2 than OS/2 :-)))
Hello, hereby I officially announce my entry into "eCS lusers" crowd :-) Installed 1.1 entry upgrade from Warp 4 on Saturday. Until now I was at Warp 4 FP15, and the days of fixed-patched-1996-oldtimer are gone. Although OS/2 base system in eCS 1.1 does not considerably differ from CP2, the value of added software (especially SDK 4.52) made my day. I got up-to-date OS/2 with SDK and other SW for cca 109 euro (thanks to my Warp 4). Just one notice about eCS: Should have happened earlier, in Warp 3 times. And just a drop of poison for you-know-who: I was able to run all my OS/2 sof...

Windows CE, Windows Mobile
Is there a working version of Perl that can be installed on a handheld PDA or smartphone (eg Ipaq Hw6915). I am planning to get a new device and would like to install perl on it - if I can't I'll probably end up installing Basic! === sgb sgbailey@iee.org wrote: > Is there a working version of Perl that can be installed on a handheld > PDA or smartphone (eg Ipaq Hw6915). > > I am planning to get a new device and would like to install perl on it > - if I can't I'll probably end up installing Basic! I am curious as well :-) From the top of my head, there is ...

Format iPod for windows using Mac OS?
I understand that the iPod drive can be formatted in MS-DOS or Mac OS formats, and that a Mac can read/write both but a PC can only access the MS-DOS format. Can you set up an iPod to use MS-DOS without access to a PC at the time of formatting the drive (to allow subsequent use with a PC), and if so how? Thanks. ...

need windows ce service 2.0
Hi, Can someone tell me where I can go to get the file for CE Service 2.0 for my HP plamtop 620 LX Any help will be appreciated. Hi. if you're talking about Windows CE 2.0 Service Pack, you can read the article about it and download from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/ce20/default.asp Hope it helps. Tsubasa Kato admin of ----------------------------- http://pocketpc.stingraze.net ----------------------------- hosted by Windows CE ----------------------------- "mm" <macmac@netaxis.ca> wrote in message news:<5nQZc.28032$Vx2.525625@wagner.videotron.net>... > Hi, > > Can someone tell me where I can go to get the file for CE > Service 2.0 for my HP plamtop 620 LX > > Any help will be appreciated. Unless you have a very specific reason to be using Windows CE Services, I do not recommend that you install it. All CE 2.00 and above device can use ActiveSync 3.x. The latest version being 3.7.1. CE Services is unsupported these days, legacy and not XP / 2000 / 2003 / Millennium compatible. You can get info on ActiveSync here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/activesync/default.asp and if you are 100% certain you have a reason to use CE Services you can get it here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/wceservices/default.asp -- Chris Tilley Editor-in-Chief ___________________________________________________________________________ HPC:Factor http://www.hpcfac...

Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC
Hello, I have a Pocket PC with windows CE 2003. I have downloaded all the SDK and C++. I would like to develop a small database application which can be run from my pocket PC. I would like to have a small database on the pocket pc with an application which can retrieve information from the database. It also has to write back to the database. Can anyone advice or give me some examples of code so that I can start from there. Ideally I'd like to use VB or Java, but I don't know if I can use that on a Pocket PC. Many thanks in advance, Allan FileMakerPro has a mobile database now for ...

Replication
In the past I have used Access replication with excellent results. It no longer even works in Access 2013. I have also used tables converted to Sharepoint lists and accessed by an Access front end. works well in Access 2010/2013 but UI am told it will not be long lived. Is that correct? If the Access / sharepoint combination allowing use of Access front ends with disconnected database copies automagically synced to the sharepoint host is not viable for the future, what is the best approach? Thanks Bob ...

Date format in Ms-Access/SQL Database
In ODBC, I notice some difference between in Date format for Access and some of the SQL database. for example. to SELECT/UPDATE date field in SQL databases. MySQL. SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyDate='YYYY-MM-DD' UPDATE SET MyDate='YYYY-MM-DD' INTO MyTable WHERE MyCode='Code' MS-SQL Server. SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyDate='YYYY-MM-DD' UPDATE SET MyDate='YYYY-MM-DD' INTO MyTable WHERE MyCode='Code' Ms-Access. SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyDate=#YYYY-MM-DD# UPDATE SET MyDate='YYYY-MM-DD' INTO MyTable WHERE MyCode...

I need a simple database solution for Windows Mobile
Hello, I am looking for recommendations. I need the following: - A database engine that runs on Windows mobile - I do not want a client, I want the Windows Mobile device to contain the phsycal database, and to read/write to it. The Windows Mobile device would be both the server and the client - An embeded version would work well also. - Free to distribute (the final application will be distributed on thousands of mobile devices) Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Paul On Apr 17, 9:16=A0am, cantak <can...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > ...

Windows ftp corrupts MS Access databases......
Copied from a post on microsoft.public.windowsxp.general...... "Hello All, I just wanted to let everyone know about this issue we encountered as developers last week. We had used the ftp functionality available from the command line in Windows XP Pro to download source code and associated MS Access databases. We could not use the database and kept receiving the error "Invalid database format...". We thought it may have been the version of Office so we upgraded to Office 2003. It didn't work. We found other information online regarding repair, etc. Running MS Ac...

Windows CE surpassed Palm OS in marketshare!
Windows CE knocks Palm OS off the top spot Microsoft takes PDA operating system lead for the first time Robert Jaques, vnunet.com 15 Nov 2004 Microsoft's Windows CE has knocked Palm off the PDA operating system sales top spot for the first time, newly released market research has revealed. According to the latest report from Gartner, PDA shipments exceeded 2.8 million units in the third quarter of 2004, as Windows CE licences surpassed the Palm OS for the first time. Windows CE was found to account for 48.1 per cent of worldwide PDA shipments in third quarter of 2004. Palm OS units rep...

Windows CE with "application level driver" instead of real Windows CE driver"?
Hello, I'm interesting to know if it is possible to compile Windows CE without display driver, and then at application level configure the dispaly hardware? Can it work? The reason i want to do it is because I have now application that working on board with PXA255 without operation system(application have access directly to the harware), and I need to port the application on Windows CE. If I will be able to use my current display driver instead of developing a new one that depends on WINCE, I will be able to use my current graphic function without any changes. Otherwise I will need to redo all my graphics... Can any one advice me if it is possible? Thanks in advance and Best Regards, Alex ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); --------...

Strange problem with linked list code on windows OS
Hi, I see strange problem while I run the below code on Windows using gcc (mingw 3.4.5) & MS-visual studio compiler 2003 (cl compiler) - compiles ok. Both are failing for some referenced memory being passed to the routines add_head/add_tail and the macro add_list which couldn't be read. However this code works well with the gcc compiler under cygwin on windows and gcc compiler on any Linux system. Are there any issues with portability of code to windows? I am unable to guess where this is going wrong & why. Thanks for your suggestions/solution in advance. PS: I haven't coded...

Web resources about - Strange Database format - help needed - comp.os.ms-windows.ce

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Architizer raises $7 million to launch a new products database
US media company Architizer has received $7 million in venture capital to help launch an online products database for architects and designers ...