Windows CE 3.0 and Secure Internet Connection

The answers have been in terms of changing some of the registry settings,
after downloading and installing the 128-bit encryption patch. This is the
primary setting that needed to be changed. I don't have this setting on
Windows CE 3.0. Does anyone have any ideas?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\

0
olcott1 (1190)
1/27/2004 12:58:24 PM
comp.os.ms-windows.ce 959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

migration to CE .net 4.2 (Windows CE) or Windows Mobile 2003 from Windows CE 3.0
I have an application developed under Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (Edition 2002) that ran under Windows CE 3.0. When trying to run that application under .net 4.2 I'm getting an error such that "Cannot find extension file Forms Data. Please run setup to restore this file". Am I totally out of luck under CE .net 4.2 here and should better switch to Windows Mobile 2003? The vendor of the PDA offer the hardware with two OS options, .Net 4.2 or Windows mobile 2003. Is Windows mobile 2003 the successor of Windows CE 3.0 or is it a totally different animal? I'm a bit lost at the ...

Windows CE 3.0 and Secure Internet Connection?
The answers have been in terms of changing some of the registry settings, after downloading and installing the 128-bit encryption patch. This is the primary setting that needed to be changed. I don't have this setting on Windows CE 3.0. Does anyone have any ideas? HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\ ...

Windows CE 5.0 versus Windows Mobile 5.0: Code protability
Does anyone here know if the code written for WIndows CE 5.0 will run without making any changes in the source code as it is on Windows Mobile 5.0? i.e. does the code targetted for Windows CE 5.0 will also run on Windows Mobile 5.0? I know that Windows Mobile 5.0 is based on the code base of WinCE 5.0, so logically it does mean that the code should be portable without making any chagnes. True? -RainBow Please see a current thread called "Code Protability across Windows CE versus Windows Mobile" in comp.sys.handhelds, On 30 Jun 2005 22:46:29 -0700, "RainBow" <drvir...

Programming for Windows CE/Windows 7.0 Phone
I'd like to write small programs for Windows CE/Windows 7.0 Phone. Is it possible to write using C or C++? After googling around I have found conflicting info that I must write in C# or Silverlight and not plain vanilla C. I am confortable with Win32 C programming and I have a lot of source code which I would like to use with minimal conversion. On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:41:56 +0200, John Smith <do_not_use@invalid.address.com> wrote: >I'd like to write small programs for Windows CE/Windows 7.0 Phone. >Is it possible to write using C or C++? After googling around I h...

Windows CE 3.0 : compatible?
Hi, &nbsp; I have an iPAQ Pocket PC h5450, (ROM date = 05/24/03) &nbsp; OS version = Windows CE 3.0 (says so in 'Asset Viewer') &nbsp; I have LabVIEW 8.20 and the latest PDA toolkit. &nbsp; I am an LabVIEW developer (alliance member), but yet I can't seem to get it to work. &nbsp; keep getting errors when downloading Error - create process failed with error code 1150 &nbsp; In emulation, it works okay. &nbsp; My question : will the toolkit work with Windows CE 3.0? &nbsp; Thx, Thomas. &nbsp; Thanx! I guess I'll have to upgrade :-) &nbsp;...

Porting
Has anyone attempted a port to Windows CE 3.0? Al Al Larson wrote: > Has anyone attempted a port to Windows CE 3.0? Yes: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/tcl-core/1745097 -- Jeff Hobbs The Tcl Guy Senior Developer http://www.ActiveState.com/ Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions Thanks. That's great. I see the binaries are ARM specific. My BE-300 has a MIPS processor. Are you aware if anyone has had success with a MIPS CE port of Tcl/Tk? Is the CELIB.DLL I see referenced ARM specific too? Still on a steep le...

windows 3.0 or windows 3.1
hi, everyone... can you help me? i couldn't find a copy of win3.0 or win 3.1 for my old pc 80286.. someone knows where can i found it?.. sorry my english "Eddie Pistolas" <kojiro@kmail.kicks-ass.org> wrote in message news:3f163271$1_1@nova.entelchile.net... > hi, everyone... can you help me? i couldn't find a copy of win3.0 or win 3.1 > for my old pc 80286.. someone knows where can i found it?.. sorry my english > > you may want to check in on www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org/helpline ...

How do I . . . Windows CE 3.0 Image dumps
We have a few Handhelds (running windows ce 3.0) that our programmer (running MS Visual Studio 6.0 sp5) is developing a application for, he can download the application onto the handheld, then configure it for the person operating it. Our ultimate goal is to get each of the handheld's completely backed up to an image of some type. Because, right now if the handheld's die (batteries die or something) they have to come back to our developer to reload the application (then configure it again). This isn't an option for us. We want to send the handheld out with our guys with a cdrom with their image on the CD. If their handheld dies then they could boot their PC with the cdrom or boot to windows and dump their image from CD to handheld. So in summary, we need to be able to configure a handheld, dump an image off of the handheld to cdrom (or something), then have these remote users have the ability to put the image back on their handhelds. If you could offer me any tips on how to achieve these goals I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in Advance, Bennie Bennie napisa=B3(a): > So in summary, we need to be able to configure a handheld, dump an > image off of the handheld to cdrom (or something), then have these > remote users have the ability to put the image back on their > handhelds. > > If you could offer me any tips on how to achieve these goals I'd > really appreciate it. Try using backup function from ActiveSync- it dumps all da...

Windows CE 3.0 and motorola T720
Hi I am trying to connnect my Windows CE 3.0 device to the web via a motorola cell phone, which is internet ready. I have the correct cable, and i have tried making a new network connection, but i not having any luck with establishing a connection. can somebody explain how this can be accomplished? cory On 14 Feb 2005 08:19:38 -0800, sully_73@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I am trying to connnect my Windows CE 3.0 device to the web via a >motorola cell phone, which is internet ready. Does "internet ready" mean a) the cell phone includes a browser or b) the cell phone can act as a modem? I suspect the former. Each of the Motorola phones I have (V66 and ST7868W) can act as a modem, and says it is "data ready". I found a spec sheet for the T720 at Motorola: http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_comp.html and notice the list of accessories does not include any data or connectivity options. On the other hand, the similar spec sheet for the V66: http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=241675&prmenbr=126&phone_cgrfnbr=1&zipcode= does include "Connectivity and Data Kits". > >I have the correct cable, and i have tried making a new network >connection, but i not having any luck with establishing a connection. Serial or USB? Correct for "big" Windows or CE? If the cable is USB, you are probably out of luck. Very few Windows CE computers support USB "host"...

Yes, it runs Windows (CE 3.0)
http://itpolicy.princeton.edu/voting/ Go ahead and get the orgiastic squeals out of your systems, nutcases. On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:52:08 -0400, DFS wrote: > http://itpolicy.princeton.edu/voting/ > > Go ahead and get the orgiastic squeals out of your systems, nutcases. Talking to yourself again? -- Kier On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:52:08 -0400, DFS wrote: > http://itpolicy.princeton.edu/voting/ > > Go ahead and get the orgiastic squeals out of your systems, nutcases. Although I don't think E-Voting is ready for prime time yet, Diebold released a statement saying t...

Windows CE, Windows Mobile
Is there a working version of Perl that can be installed on a handheld PDA or smartphone (eg Ipaq Hw6915). I am planning to get a new device and would like to install perl on it - if I can't I'll probably end up installing Basic! === sgb sgbailey@iee.org wrote: > Is there a working version of Perl that can be installed on a handheld > PDA or smartphone (eg Ipaq Hw6915). > > I am planning to get a new device and would like to install perl on it > - if I can't I'll probably end up installing Basic! I am curious as well :-) From the top of my head, there is ...

Windows CE with "application level driver" instead of real Windows CE driver"?
Hello, I'm interesting to know if it is possible to compile Windows CE without display driver, and then at application level configure the dispaly hardware? Can it work? The reason i want to do it is because I have now application that working on board with PXA255 without operation system(application have access directly to the harware), and I need to port the application on Windows CE. If I will be able to use my current display driver instead of developing a new one that depends on WINCE, I will be able to use my current graphic function without any changes. Otherwise I will need to redo all my graphics... Can any one advice me if it is possible? Thanks in advance and Best Regards, Alex ...

Test to speech program for Windows CE 3.0
Is there a Text to speech program for Windows CE 3.0? I have a few books for Microsoft Reader and like to listen to them but I Can't find a text to speech program that will work. In the help files of MS reader is said to use Audible to liston to the books but I can't get the program to work with MS reader. Can anyone help. Donald On 22 Apr 2007 12:58:31 -0700, dunn@tvscable.com wrote: >Is there a Text to speech program for Windows CE 3.0? I have a few >books for Microsoft Reader and like to listen to them but I Can't find >a text to speech program that will work. In the help files of MS >reader is said to use Audible to liston to the books but I can't get >the program to work with MS reader. Can anyone help. I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up tts in microsoft.public.pocketpc and got 23 hits. I took a quick lookand am pretty sure at least some are relevant and useful. > >Donald ----------------------------------------- To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message). Robert E. Zaret, eMVP PenFact, Inc. 20 Park Plaza, Suite 400 Boston, MA 02116 www.penfact.com ...

HELP: AudioVox RTM8000 on Windows CE 3.0
Hi, Does anyone know if AudioVox RTM 8000 can be installed on Windows CE 3.0 device? I've seen the manual and it only provides driver for PocketPC 2000 and 2002. Other websites claims it can be worked on Windows CE 3.0. I am trying to find out if it works on our device.. http://www.logostek.com/english/xpda_overview.htm It has Windows CE 3.0 and CF type I and II slot. If anyone have tried it please tell me if it is possible. Also, do anyone know, if there is GSM/GPRS card with Windows CE 3.0 device driver? I will really appreciate help on this matter. Thank you. ====...

Windows CE 3.0 and Pocket PC 2002 Development
Hi All! I'm working in a PDA project and have to make a proposal for the development of a application on Windows based Handhelds. I have two operating systems here. Windows CE 3.0 and Pocket PC 2002. What development tool is the best, so that I can ensure that my program will run on both systems. Do you have any tipps for. The best would be, to ensure, that the software will also run on a PPC2003 system. The information provided by microsoft is very unclear concerning this, so I know that the PPC - systems are based on CE, but what does this mean for my developments? Sure, I can't use certain DLL etc.! But my main concern is....can I create a application running on both (or even all) systems, if not, what do I have to do, which different development tools do I need for each system. Thanks a lot for helping me through the jungle of the microsoft world! Christoph Christoph, Pocket PC, Pocket PC 2002 and Handheld PC 2000 all use a flavour of Windows CE 3 as the core operating system to which the the platform sits above. Pocket PC 2003 uses Windows CE 4 as the core operating system. I use eMbedded Visual Tools 2002 edition to create applications for different platforms along with the correct SDK. You will in most instances be able to create applications for the Pocket PC 2002 and 2003 without many problems assuming a database is not required though this can be easily resolved with a patch for 2003. I also use Visual Studio.Net 2003 at work with the compact framewor...

Anyway to upgrade Windows CE 3.0 (Compaq iPAQ 3630) ?
Hi there, Because my appointments and such are increasing a little, and I somewhat consider my trusty old Psion 5mx a little too old, I dug up my Compaq iPAQ 3660 and reconfigured it to suit my needs. Allthough I haven't really used this device much yet (I initially bought it second hand to play a little with it) I'm really starting to enjoy its versatility. Which brings me to keeping the device up to date... I know its a little late to talk about Windows CE 3.0 while Microsoft has already released version 5.0 of their mobile Windows versions but can someone tell me if its actually possible to update this machine's OS ? So far I managed to get a ROM update from the HP website and now I'm looking at the software... From what I read so far on the Windows CE homepage: http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/windowsce/default.aspx .... some updates are still available and can be downloaded from the "update page", which can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/downloads/ce/wince/default.aspx .... but unfortunatly the updates for Windows CE 3.0 which you can download from that page all require the use of something called a "CE platform builder". Can anyone enlighten me if its still possible to download this for CE 3.0 ? -- Groetjes, Peter ..\\ PGP/GPG key: http://www.catslair.org/pubkey.asc On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:04:47 -0000, Lion-O <nosp@m.catslair.org> wrote: >Hi there, > >Because my appointments and such a...

Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS.
Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS Built upon the proven security technologies in Windows Vista. Multiple Active Firewall Policies, DirectAccess, BranchCache, BitLocker To Go, AppLocker, AV from Microsoft Security Essentials With every OS update a new version of the Microsoft malicious software removal tool. As we know, Windows is the most attacked OS, because Windows has 90% ++++ marketshare and Linux scriptkiddies and basementdwellers are known viruswriters! Unix guru Andy Tanenbaum wrote: [q] "most attackers think hitting Windows offers a bigger bang for the buck so Windows s...

How to embedd the USB6008/9 driver in a windows ce 5.0 OS image
Hello, &nbsp; I want to add the drivers for USB6008/9, in a Windows CE 5.0 OS image using the Platform Builder. So I want to know the procedures for doing this task. &nbsp; Thanks. Hello Murilo, I`m using it, the problem is that I have to install DAQmx Base 3.1 every time I to restart or turn on&nbsp;de TPC. I also probed to copy the files (ddls and other stuff) in a Compact Flash and copy from there to the folders in the TPC with a batch file in the Start Up folder. This procedure worked, but the problem is that I have to unplug the USB6009 before a restart or a turn on. And beca...

Five security vulnerabilities in QuickTime 7.0.3 affects windows and OS X
VULNERABILITY ALERT FIVE QUICKTIME SECURITY FLAWS AFFECT WINDOWS, OS X SEVERITY: HIGH 11 January, 2006 SUMMARY: Yesterday, Apple released an alert describing five security vulnerabilities in QuickTime 7.0.3 and below. While each vulnerability differs technically, successfully exploiting any one of them has the same impact. By enticing one of your users into downloading and opening a specially crafted image or media file in QuickTime, an attacker can execute arbitrary code on your users machine, possibly gaining control of the user's computer. If you allow (or suspect that users have installed) QuickTime or iTunes in your network, you should recommend that users either remove the applications or upgrade to version 7.0.4. REFERENCES: * Apple's QuickTime Alert for January 2006 <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303101> -- Back from the restroom? Better scan your Windows system. ...

Asus wl-103b WLAN PCMCIA Driver for HP Jornada 690 (Windows CE 3.0)
Help! I am in need of a driver for my wireless lan card. Asus does not provide a driver for Windows CE. Please help... Hi Kai! Am 08.10.2003 03:36 schrieb Kai: > Help! I am in need of a driver for my wireless lan card. Asus does not > provide a driver for Windows CE. Please help... The ASUS WL-103b is a CardBus-adapter and CardBus is not supported by the Jornada 690! You can only use plain PCMCIA-adapters (or CF-Card's of course). And another thing, the Jornada 690 works with WindowsCE 2.11, not 3.0! Greetings, Helge -- Pocket PC Besitzer im Raum Sachsen? Schau doch mal rein! Pocket PC Usergroup Sachsen: http://www.pocketpc-usergroup-sachsen.de Jornada 680 Besitzer und auf der Suche nach Informationen? Jornada 680 Seiten: http://www.tefs.de/jornada/ ...

Asus wl-103b WLAN PCMCIA Driver for HP Jornada 690 (Windows CE 3.0)
Ive got a hp jornada 690 running windows ce 3.0. I just bought the asus wl-103b wireless lan card and i am in need of a driver... If there is a web site, you should be able to download the drivers and software from there. -KB "Kai" <deej_kai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c3704bd1.0310071739.624cf24e@posting.google.com... > Ive got a hp jornada 690 running windows ce 3.0. I just bought the > asus wl-103b wireless lan card and i am in need of a driver... ...

Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot
Hi there Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image. I would be most grateful if someone could advise if this is possible? Is it just a case of changing the "boot.ini" file? Many Thanks for your help Greg Holmes On 21 Jun 2005 07:08:20 -0700, gregory.holmes@baesystems.com wrote: >Hi there > >Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of >dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP >Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image. If you are trying to use dual boot on a "regular" PC, then the first problem is getting a copy of Windows CE that will run. The operating is not available retail. > >I would be most grateful if someone could advise if this is possible? >Is it just a case of changing the "boot.ini" file? > >Many Thanks for your help > >Greg Holmes ----------------------------------------- To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message). Robert E. Zaret, eMVP PenFact, Inc. 500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R Boston, MA 02118 www.penfact.com Hi, Do you know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET separately in an Windows CE .NET environment or not? Is Visual Studio .NET IDE is already in the Windows CE .NET OS ? Regards...

Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC
Hi!! I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to CE 5.0? Please Help. Thanks in Advance, Praneeth. You might. If not, you'll have to pick through the code and fixup the CE limitations. Of course, the first place you'll need to look is the size of the dialogs, etc. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- DataGet� & PocketLog� www.dataget.com Data Collectors www.baxcode.com -------------------------------------------------------------------- "praneeth" <praneeth21820@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137393939.702357.166900@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi!! > > I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application > running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based > Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to > CE 5.0? > > Please Help. > > Thanks in Advance, > Praneeth. > On 15 Jan 2006 22:45:39 -0800, "praneeth" <praneeth21820@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi!! > >I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application >running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based >Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to >CE 5.0? The difficulty of the port depends heavily on ho...

Windows CE 3.01
I have just discovered the HP Jornada 680 (hand-held with a keyboard) which suits me down to the ground. I type quickly and write very slowly. Anyhow, enough of this! Can anyone post web addresses of sites that have additional software for this wonderful device? Everything labeled pocket pc will not run on it. I have upgraded the internal ram/rom and use a compact flash for storage. ...

Web resources about - Windows CE 3.0 and Secure Internet Connection - comp.os.ms-windows.ce

Alec Baldwin, Tommy Hilfiger and a Designer With a ‘Downton’ Connection
It was something of a British invasion at Michael’s today with plenty of posh folks (Majesty magazine EIC Ingrid Seward , the always dashing ...

French (Canadian) connection helps Coyotes snap 7-game skid
The Arizona Coyotes defeat the Florida Panthers 5-1 Saturday behind a dominate performance by the team's French-Canadian players.

Quantum Break requires Internet connection for streaming cut scenes on PC
Single-player game puts videos in cloud to save disc and hard drive space. The idea of requiring an Internet connection for single-player gaming ...

Is There a Connection Between Caffeine and Depression?
Couple of years ago when I was trying to find a way out of my depression, I came across a lot of websites like these mindbodygreen.com or k-state.edu.com ...

4G Connections Hit One Billion as Mobile Broadband Momentum Extends to the Developing World
The number of 4G mobile connections worldwide has surpassed the one billion mark and is on track to account for a third of all mobile connections ...

Zika virus-microcephaly connection hunted in Brazil - CNN.com
Is the Zika virus linked to microcephaly? The CDC and Brazilian health officials are leading the first-ever large scale investigation to find ...

Smart city tech shows complex connections between data and sensors
... MWC, Parkeon and Sierra Wireless announced that Sierra Wireless AirPrime HL Series embedded modules will be used to enable cellular connections ...