How to setup smtp server in client with DHCP server info ?

Hello

My W2K DHCP server allow my to setup SMTP server(s)
But I can't find how to use that information in my email client.

Thank you for any help

Fabien

0
Fabien
9/17/2004 5:39:38 PM
comp.os.ms-windows.misc 2965 articles. 1 followers. vnagrik (21) is leader. Post Follow

See my answer on
comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc

Thanks

0
Fabien

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

howto setup server and client server
hi, I'm the new in NTP. Can please anybody give me the guide how to setup ntp server and client? nurr wrote: > hi, > > I'm the new in NTP. Can please anybody give me the guide how to > setup ntp server and client? Start here: http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/GettingStarted After that, if you still have questions come back here and ask. Danny _______________________________________________ questions mailing list questions@lists.ntp.isc.org https://lists.ntp.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/questions There is a bunch of information on how to set up your NTP 'newto...

Server has disconnected client because client could not keep up with the server. (Web Server and Remote Panel)
How to keep the connection continuously without disconnect from server either in Web Server or Remote Panel? &nbsp; Thank You. &nbsp; Hello, Could you please figure out your problem a little bit more specific. Christian ...

Client: Mac Server: windows 2k server
Hi, I'm having some problems with getting the apple mac to login to the server. When you enter your login details the screen goes away then comes back again after a short pause with no error messages to indicate what has gone wrong. The server has got the appletalk protocol installed and i've enabled the appletalk service in the routing and remote access. Although i'm not entirely sure if this is needed. The windows based clients have no problems loging in etc. The apple mac was okay loging in until i had to re-install the OS as the hard drive failed. Now no s...

dns update from dhcp server ok for windows clients, not ok for linux (dhclient) clients
Hi, The subjects says it all (almost): we have a linux dhcp server (dhcp-3.0pl1-26) happily distributing ip adresses, and updating our dns server (on a separate linux server, running bind bind-9.2.1-1.7x.2). on our windows desktops, we have no problems: they request an ip adress, obtain it, and via the dhcp server the dns gets updated. however, i needed to configure a network interface of a linux machine via dhcp, and although the ip adress is acquired and the network interface is brought up, somehow the dns does not get updated. we only allow dns updates from the dhcp server, and i am s...

Redhat 9.0 dhcp client & windows 2003 dhcp server: dynamic dns update
Hi, I'm trying to add some linux (redhat 9.0, kernel 2.4.20-8) boxes to our Windows 2003 domain. The dhcp server is running fine, and the linux clients are getting leases. However they are not getting added to the dns forward lookup zone. The dhcp server is set up to register *all* client leases in the dns, even for those who do not request so. The dns server is set up to allow both secure & insecure updates. I've tried googling for a solution and have tried: 1) Adding DHCP_HOSTNAME & HOSTNAME to the /etc/sysconfig/network configuration file. 2) Modifying the /etc/sysconfig...

DHCP Server and windows xp client
Dears, I have configured DHCP server on AIX 5.2 ...and it is working fine for winodws NT and other win95 clients Howvere it is unable to assign ip addresses to windows xp clients Any ideas Thnkx in advance sasa queer <sasa1973pk@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dears, > I have configured DHCP server on AIX 5.2 ...and it is working fine for winodws > NT and other win95 clients > Howvere it is unable to assign ip addresses to windows xp clients > Any ideas How are your XP Clients attached, 10 M-bit ethernet? I had the same problem and had to manually assign the XP system an IP add...

Opinion: Mac OS X Server vs. Windows Server
Hello all... Not trying to start a flame war...but here's an interesting and mostly unbiased observation from a PC user... I'm new to both Windows Server 2003 and Mac OS X server. Today as I did an install of the Windows Server 2003 (for Terminal Services) and ran through the licensing questions posed by various "wizards" throughout the setup process, I got to thinking that Microsoft's licensing system was very difficult to follow. I found it very difficult to know exactly *what* had to be done where, when and how. At this very moment I'm still not sure it's le...

internal SMTP server + external SMTP server
For security and others reasons I wish to implement "relay" schema of SMTP servers like this: intranet---internal SMTP/POP3 server---firewall---external SMTP server---Internet Internal clients from "intranet" post and accept their messages to/from "internal SMTP/POP3 server". "Internal SMTP server" holds list of users, accepts incoming messages from internal clients and "external SMTP server", relays outgoing messages to "external SMTP server". "External SMTP server" accepts incoming messages from "internal SMTP serv...

OS X Server with Windows clients.
On my very slow path to setting up a home file server for video and audio, OS X Lion comes along and will have the server built in. One or two clients on the network will be video boxes connected to the HD television(s), (possibly Apple TV), some clients will be windows laptops. For the later, I'd like to set up my SO's laptop for automated backups (photos, her docs) to the server. Likewise another windows laptop that I might buy for travel. Does OS X server play well with windows clients? Are there pitfalls? -- gmail originated posts filtered due to spam. In article <5r...

Client-Server ( Client starting server remotely )
I'm writing a client-server app. Client controls Server which in turn configures and controls a bunch of hardware. I want to be able to start the server from my client. Now in C/C++ one could simply run the appropriate command string through a standard "system()" call which is relatively simple. JAVA on the other hand seems to require something like RMI to do it. Basically a use case for what I want to do is something like: Start Client GUI Enter name of data file Client checks bonafides of data file. Client reads and parses data file bui...

Web resources about - How to setup smtp server in client with DHCP server info ? - comp.os.ms-windows.misc

Apple adds server API to CloudKit for developers, unlocking potential for new iCloud-backed apps
Apple has quietly added a server-side API to CloudKit, following an announcement on the developer news blog . This will enable developers to ...

State Department slaps “top secret” on 22 e-mails found on Clinton’s server
One of the thousands of e-mails from Hillary Clinton's personal mail server that have been publicly released by the State Department. Now, 22 ...

NHL.tv launch under MLB Advanced Media flops thanks to server issue, spawning angry e-mails
Remember when the NHL's deal with Major League Baseball seemed like a great thing for hockey on the streaming front, given MLB Advanced Media's ...

Bull's Bullion S server sets performance record
Bullion, high-end servers from Atos' technology brand Bull, has set a new global record in performance, the company has announced. The record ...

Google Said to Endorse Qualcomm's Fledgling Server-Chip Efforts
Qualcomm Inc. is poised to get a crucial stamp of approval for its fledgling push into server chips, a market dominated by Intel Corp.

Report: Emails on Hillary Clinton’s Server ‘Too Damaging’ to Ever Release
Some of Hillary Clinton's emails are reportedly so highly classified that they will never be released by the State Dept., not even in a redacted ...

AMD's new FirePro server GPUs can turn a basic PC into a graphics powerhouse
... to see high-definition video or edit intense graphics, AMD has your back. AMD's new FirePro S7150 and S7150 x2 GPUs, which sit in servers, ...

Hillary Only Regrets Using Private Email Server Because She Still Has To Talk About It
Hillary Only Regrets Using Private Email Server Because She Still Has To Talk About It

Google Reportedly Ready to Support Qualcomm Server Chips
Such an endorsement would give the mobile chip maker a boost as it works to compete in the data center against Intel and other ARM SoC makers. ...