I command line or small tool which can compress/shrink *.JPG picture files

No, I don't want to use fat tools like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to do the task
mentioned in the subject line. I need a small (shareware/freeware) tool which does the same
job preferable from the command line.
Can someone recommand such a tool ?

Paul

0
baras
9/24/2003 9:33:41 PM
comp.os.ms-windows.misc 2965 articles. 0 followers. vnagrik (21) is leader. Post Follow

Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can - http://CannotDeleteFile.net LONG PATH Tool
Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can - http://CannotDeleteFile.net LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long error Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename too long error. Just browse to the file and press a button to copy or detele it, thats it! The application solves the problem with inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths in Explorer. They could be created by virus/adware/Mac OS/other software. Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore can't ...

Can I compress GIF files the same way I do JPG files ?
I normally run this command from the shell to create thumbnails : /usr/local/bin/djpeg one.jpg | /usr/local/bin/pnmscale 0.2 | /usr/local/bin/cjpeg > tnailone.jpg Is there something similar for GIF files, or should I find a GIF to JPG translator so I can use the above command to create my thumbnails ? /usr/local/bin/djpeg one.gif | /usr/local/bin/pnmscale 0.2 | /usr/local/bin/cjpeg > tnailone.gif Thanks E Arredondo wrote: > I normally run this command from the shell to create thumbnails : > > /usr/local/bin/djpeg one.jpg | /usr/local/bin/pnmscale 0.2 | > /usr/l...

http://LongPathTool.com - LONG PATH Tool
http://LongPathTool.com - LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long error Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename too long error. Just browse to the file and press a button to copy or detele it, thats it! The application solves the problem with inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths in Explorer. They could be created by virus/adware/Mac OS/other software. Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore can't copy or delete them either. Clean up files...

jpg pictures compression files
Hi NG, probabbly this is an old and often discribed question, perhaps i didn't use the best keys to search, but i coun't find an answer by myself. i hope for your help. i have got some pictures, most of them are .jpg files. and i want to pack and compress them to one archive. I tried rar zip and some others, but the results ratio is rather poor. So, what kind of compression type is the best to handle pictures like .jpg files?` regards Jan Hi, > probabbly this is an old and often discribed question, > perhaps i didn't use the best keys to search, but i coun't...

Kindly help :::How can I send the output of the system() command to a file and capture a string in one of the lines in that file
I am a newbie to perl. How can I send the output of the system() command to a file and capture a string in one of the lines in that file . I will be thankful for your Suggestions and guidance Thanks in Advance prashant prashant_ec2003@yahoo.com wrote in news:1119210049.983382.75910 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > I am a newbie to perl. It seems like you are newbie to UseNet as well. Please read <URL:http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348 &topic=250> to learn how to participate in UseNet discussions. Posting the exact same request several tim...

http://HowToDeleteFile.com - Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can These are some of the other error messages that you could encounter while using Windows: Cannot delete file
http://HowToDeleteFile.com - Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can These are some of the other error messages that you could encounter while using Windows: Cannot delete file - Access denied The destination or source file might be in use There is been a sharing violation The file is being used by another user or program Cannot delete folder or file. The file name specified is too long or not valid. Error Deleting folder or file There is no doubt that you have come across other error messages because these are just a few of them. But, you should know that whenever you try to mo...

Any API for command line tool `file`
Hi there, Has anyone seen an API equivalent to what would return the command line tool `file`. I'd like to avoid doing an `exec` within my C code if possible... Thanks, -Mathieu mathieu <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> writes: > Hi there, > > Has anyone seen an API equivalent to what would return the command > line tool `file`. I'd like to avoid doing an `exec` within my C code > if possible... Look at libmagic, which is what one popular implementation of the file command is built on. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mans@mansr.com On Apr 20, 3:06 pm, M=E5ns Rullg=E5rd &l...

Command line tool for PSD files
Anyone is aware of command line tool that allow read/write/edit functionality for PSD files? I need to be able crop/rotate PSD files preserving all info (layers etc) and save it back to PSD and for Photoshop to be able to open the result correctly. I was looking on the web but all command line tools that claim to do that create resulting PSD that Photoshop or Photoshop CS can not open. ;( I tried ImageMagic but Photoshop CS's files after modifications not recognized by Photoshop. Thanks. Aresot "Aresot" <aresot@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1140481672.372230.15860@g4...

Developing on OS-X with command line tools.
Hi all, How do you all work on OS-X with the command line tools? I found it was pretty straightforward to built wx, but trying to go about making a Makefile seems fraught with difficultly. I found the Wiki page: http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/wiki.pl?Installing_WxMac But at the bottom, it recommends starting by editing one of the sample makefiles, and putting your whole project inside the wxWidgets project Dir (with symlinks to make it look like it's not there). I can see that I could get this to work, and probably will try, but it strikes me as being a ugly way to go a...

Can Matlab direct the Windows command line?
Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way in Matlab to connect to the Windows (XP) command line so as to run various programs in the Windows platform by writing the commands in a Matlab script. To clarify, I don't want to run a Matlab script from the Windows command line, I want to run the Windows command line from a Matlab script. Ideally, I would like to run a .grib2 file through a program that creates a text file of the data, then import that text file into Matlab to do some data analysis. I can do each of these steps separately, but I want to be able to combine them all into one Matl...

doing a file associated windows printout from command line?
I would like my clipper app to SWPRUNCMD to printing a file through its proper Windows asscoiation. The same result you would get if you would right click a file in windows and choose print. It seemed a silly problem but I've come no further that to command line a Word document into printing by using a macro and the /m command line parameter. Hans Hans > I would like my clipper app to SWPRUNCMD to printing a file through > its proper Windows asscoiation. The same result you would get if you > would right click a file in windows and choose print. It seemed a > silly problem b...

Is there an application to compress picture files (jpg,tiff)?
I'd like to compress large picture files (jpg, tiff) to make them more manageable for e-mailing. I know that I can transfer the file to iPhoto and use the e-mail option to reduce the file size to three pre-set sizes (small, medium, large). However, is there an application where I can exercise more control over how much to compress the file? Allan In article <2007102008560675249-oaklandq@yahoocom>, Allan <oakland_q@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'd like to compress large picture files (jpg, tiff) to make them more > manageable for e-mailing. > > I know that I c...

ProDOS command-line tool for DOS/Windows?
I am intseresting in creating programs for the Apple 2 using cc65. I have a2tools, which is suitable for copying programs to DOS 3.3 disk images from DOS, and it works in Win32, but what about ProDOS images? I could use a GUI-based method, but I want to automate the process using DOS/Win32 batch files. If none is available, maybe I can create my own. Any help would be appreciated. --------------------------- Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter Working magic in the computer community Hi, >I am intseresting in creating programs for the Apple 2 using cc65. I >have a2tools, wh...

command line tool for comparing XML files
Hi all, Does anybody know a command line tool (linux or windows) that can compare 2 XML files. There's only 1 extra requirement that makes it a bit more complicated: the order of attributes or elements within an element is of no importance, and so the tool should still report that 2 XML files are equal even though the order is different. Corno xmldiff at: http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xmldiff/default.aspx Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev [XML MVP], FXSL developer, XML Insider, http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/ -- the home of FXSL Resume: http://fxsl.sf.net/DNovatchev/Resume/Res.html ...

Web resources about - I command line or small tool which can compress/shrink *.JPG picture files - comp.os.ms-windows.misc

compress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compress is a Unix shell compression program based on the LZC compression method, which is an LZW implementation using variable size pointers ...

Data Compress: Saves you money on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Data Compress: Saves you money. Download Data Compress: Saves you ...

Time to compress our thinking about the NBN
Are we really the smart country? Or are we just dumb jerks lucky enough to occupy a hunk of rock whose geographic isolation makes us astonishingly ...

FileOptimizer can compress 33 different formats
Recently we took a look at PNGGauntlet , an excellent tool which could compress PNG files by up to 50 percent without any apparent loss of quality. ...

Compress data more densely with Zopfli
By Lode Vandevenne, Software Engineer, Compression Team Cross-posted with the Google Open Source Blog The Zopfli Compression Algorithm is a ...

Compress A Bunch Of Files Into One Zip Archive For Easier Sharing
I remember back in the olden, pre-OS X days, when you’d need to use a utility like Stuffit to compress a bunch of files together into one archive, ...

All the ghostly sounds that are lost when you compress to mp3
A song made with only the sounds that were left out when compressing Suzanne Vega's "Tom's Diner" to mp3.

Google Chrome for Android, iOS Now Compress Data for Users
Data compression, which will reduce data usage and save money for mobile users, is one of several new features in the latest Chrome browser updates ...

NKE Sales, Multiple to Compress, Analyst Says
Citing an inventory build and other factors, consumer analyst Camilo Lyon believes a sales slowdown may occur at Nike (NKE)

Opera is teasing Max app to compress all your mobile pics and videos
Opera is getting ready to release its mobile data compression app Max to a wider audience: The browser maker opened up preregistration for a ...