mail server on windows server 2003

Hi Gurus

I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following:

1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com)
using the pop3 method.

2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to
 - send emails from their outlook program
 - receive emails in their outlook program
 - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who
are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to
the server domain).

My questions are:

1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR
2. would you recommend a program for this

We have been using Mercury, but this does not seem to be working.

- TIA

Nicolaas

0
windandwaves
7/9/2005 2:04:16 AM
comp.os.ms-windows.misc 2965 articles. 1 followers. vnagrik (21) is leader. Post Follow

    Try my software :
    Macallan Mail Solution
    http://macallan.club.fr/MMS/index.html

    Macallan

"windandwaves" <winandwaves@coldmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
NgGze.14351$U4.1668515@news.xtra.co.nz...
> Hi Gurus
>
> I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following:
>
> 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com)
> using the pop3 method.
>
> 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to
> - send emails from their outlook program
> - receive emails in their outlook program
> - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who
> are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected
> to the server domain).
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR
> 2. would you recommend a program for this
>
> We have been using Mercury, but this does not seem to be working.
>
> - TIA
>

> Nicolaas

0
Macallan

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server.
My regards for all on this NG! My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Thanks a lot!! Lucio Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > My regards for all on this NG! > > My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases > and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 > I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run > with no problems into Windows 2003 Server...

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

Standard Configuration of Windows 2000/2003 Server to act as Domino APP + Mail Server
Hello All Is there a guide to follow what steps are required in the configuration of a windows 2000/2003 server to act as a domino APP + Mail Server I.e lock down server, disk structure, services etc. Thank you :{) home@127.0.0.1 wrote: > Hello All > > Is there a guide to follow what steps are required in the configuration of > a windows 2000/2003 server to act as a domino APP + Mail Server > > I.e lock down server, disk structure, services etc. > > Thank you > > :{) > > You need almost no native processes running as D...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

filemaker server on windows 2003 server
Hello, I just upgraded my server from a NT4 server to a windows 2003 server with new hardware (currently running 2 times Xeon 2.8, 2 GB RAM, 4 X 10K rpm 74GB in raid 5 configuration). Everything works fine (no speed problems, using 1Gbit switch) only filemaker is extremely slow. I configured filemaker server 5.5 to use 40MB (maximum). If the clients want to open a lot of files simutaniously (I'm using a lot of portals) or want to print huge lists, filemaker is extremely slowly. I checked the cpu usage and network usage, but it peaks at 0.7 %, so I don't think the cpu is the pro...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Windows 98 vs Windows server 2003
Hi there, I have a very strange problem. I've installed a Windows 2003 server with some windows 2000 pro clients and 2 windows 98 clients. All works fine but...... One of the employees wants to connect from his home-office by VPN or Terminal session. When i install Routing & Remote access OR the Terminalserver-software on the 2003 server the windows 98 clients are not able to login. Sometimes the password is not accepted and sometimes the client is unable to find the domain for verification of the password. When I uninstall the Routing & Remote Acces and the Termi...

freebsd server and windows 2003 server coexist
the point is to save money by not buying MS Exchange and ISA. the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? thanks hou jinihou@yahoo.com (HOU) writes: > the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch > and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running > freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? Sure. They don't even need to know about each other unless the...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003
I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works. Can anybody help? df (df@df.com) writes: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this > SQL server, which is local, and after that ...

Windows Server 2003 as file server slow?
I have setup the following: Server - Windows 2003 server standard edition, 2GB Ram, 1000BT network card PC - Windows XP, 1GB Ram, 1000BT network card Notebook - WIndows XP, 768MB Ram, 100BT network (build in) All three are connected to an 8 port gigabit switch which is connected to a Broadband Router/FW device which connects to an ADSL modem to connect to the internet. * All three computers have setup network shares. * user on the Server initiates file copy to PC shared drive: very fast * user on the Server initiates file copy from PC shared drive: very fast * user on PC initiate...

Web resources about - mail server on windows server 2003 - comp.os.ms-windows.misc

The Windows Blog

Dick Smith float looks like window dressing
There are plenty of questions to be answered about the failed chain's financial health when it was sold to shareholders.

PD: Wendy's manager told to break all of the windows in phone hoax
Break the windows of your restaurant. Right now.

Chrome picks up bonus security features on Windows 10
(credit: Moyan Brenn ) The Windows 10 November update (version 1511, build 10586) included a handful of new security features to provide protection ...

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and sixty-sixin a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in the ...

Here's why Microsoft wants everyone to get Windows 10 by July — and what happens if they don't
Microsoft is giving away Windows to any existing customers for free until July 29, 2016. This is a dramatic shift from how previous versions ...

Seoul: North Korea moves up rocket launch window
Outside governments suspect planned rocket launch is a banned test of ballistic missile technology

Windows 10 quick tips: 5 ways to speed up your PC
Want Windows 10 to run faster? We've got help. Take a few minutes to try out these tips, and your machine will be zippier and less prone to performance ...