Remote Desktop Connection

Hi folks,
I've got a little problem here.
How do you configure RDC server to accept multiple connections?
When I try to connect to mashine where my mother is currently working
it gives a 'log off' message box, where I need to choose
who will be working on mashine: my mother or me (remotely).
Is it possible to achieve such 'multi' behaviour -
so I'll be able to work on same mashine with someone else
simultaneously (on different accounts [users])?
Thanks very much in advance.

comp.os.ms-windows.misc 2965 articles. 1 followers. vnagrik (21) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:58:58 -0700, "P. A. Batsii"
<[skip]ragnar0ck[skip]@ukr.net> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>I've got a little problem here.
>How do you configure RDC server to accept multiple connections?
>When I try to connect to mashine where my mother is currently working
>it gives a 'log off' message box, where I need to choose
>who will be working on mashine: my mother or me (remotely).
>Is it possible to achieve such 'multi' behaviour -
>so I'll be able to work on same mashine with someone else
>simultaneously (on different accounts [users])?
>Thanks very much in advance.

Checkout the remote assistance feature.  I think thats what you had in
mind.
0
chris
9/2/2003 2:40:20 AM
You can only mantain more then one connection when using Windows 2000
server or better. XP will only allow for one login, including the user
sitting infront of the actual PC.
0
thedeuce75

OT: to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C5C39D.FE06AFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi friends, I'm trying to use RDC to access my son's PC from my office, but I can't get in, with an error message that tells me the remote PC refuses inbound requests. I've setup Norton Internet Security on both PCs, but even temporarily disabling NIS does not enable a valid RDC connection. I've also checked my Windows firewall settings, to make sure TCP port 3389 is open, and ...

Re: to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Connection
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C5C38F.D285F060 Content-Type: text/plain Is there a server on the PC listening on 3389? -----Original Message----- From: Christian Lheureux [mailto:christian1776@wanadoo.fr] Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:00 AM To: HP3000-L@raven.utc.edu Subject: OT: to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Connection Hi friends, I'm trying to use RDC to access my son's PC from my office, but I can't g...

Re: to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Connection #2
=20 > -----Original Message----- > From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion=20 > [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Christian Lheureux > Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:00 PM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: OT: to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Connection >=20 > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. >=20 > ------=3D_NextPart_000_0001_01C5C39D.FE06AFA0 > Content-Type: text/plain; > charset=3D"us-ascii" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit >=20 > Hi friends,=20 >=20 > =20 >=20 > I&...

solution to: Remote Desktop Connection Window's XP & OS
Hey, I just went from a PC to iMac OS X Tiger. I spent the last 5 hours trying to connect the two. I was soo happy when I did,so I thought I should post it up for you...its an easy way to get your PC onto your Mac, that will save you hours or $ (if you wanna buy the actual program). Follow EACH step, and dont close anything I tell you to open, saves time: 1.Connect both computers to your DSL box(with the cable), or whats in use. 2.Check that your PC's internet works. 3.If you have AirPort on your iMac you need to go to your System Preferences: Click on Network. You will see that the Air...

solution to: Remote Desktop Connection Window's XP & OS
Hey, I just went from a PC to iMac OS X Tiger. I spent the last 5 hours trying to connect the two. I was soo happy when I did,so I thought I should post it up for you...its an easy way to get your PC onto your Mac, that will save you hours or $ (if you wanna buy the actual program). Follow EACH step, and dont close anything I tell you to open, saves time: 1.Connect both computers to your DSL box(with the cable), or whats in use. 2.Check that your PC's internet works. 3.If you have AirPort on your iMac you need to go to your System Preferences: Click on Network. You will see that the Air...

Remote Desktop Connection Problem to windows network
I wonder if someone can help me please. I have a mac powerbook g4 operating osx 10.4.3 and have downloaded remote desktop connection from microsoft. I use the windows version of rdc to connect my home pc to work and that is fine however, I cannot get the mac version to work at all. I keep getting the message " The client could not connect to the remote computer. Either remote connections are not enabled, the maximum number of connections was exceeded, or a network error occurred......" I can connect ok from my mac to the internet through 'airport' via a router using safari ...

Mighty Mouse with MS Remote Desktop Connection
As hard as I try to limit my use of MS Windows, it seems as if I have a need to use Windows all the time. Even though the Windows server is in my office with my PowerMac G5, I prefer to use my Windows system via Remote Desktop Connection so I can have it display on my 23" Cinema Display. I also need to access my Windows server at work from home. I use a Mighty Mouse both at home and work. How can I send a right-click via this setup to Windows? Other than the lack of a right-click, this setup works well for me for the modest level of use I have on Windows. In article <stan-247C4...

Multiple OS/2 remote desktop connections
Is there a multiple OS/2 remote desktop connection solution that would permit multiple remote users for an OS/2 based 'server' over even a VNC IP based operation? I've used HHost and HyperAccess Pro for many years for remote OS/2 desktop and remote site maintenance successfully by both POTS phone line and IP connection methods which do not include NETBIOS over TCP/IP which I do *NOT* wish to enable in OS/2. But this is a one user at a time issue only and not a solution for what would be, in essence, I guess .. a stab at software as a service. I have a package of ...

Linux: remote desktop connection to Windows XP
Hello, Is it possible to establish a remote desktop connection to a Windows XP server from a Linux PC, and if so, what is the name of the command to issue to launch the remote desktop connection program under Linux? I am aware of XDMCP, but need to use to connect to Windows XP's desktop, not another Unix's desktop. Thank you for your help, Neil Neil Zanella wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to establish a remote desktop connection to a Windows XP > server from a Linux PC, and if so, what is the name of the command to > issue to launch the remote d...

Windows XP dual networking with Remote Desktop connection
Hi, I have a Windows XP system (SP2 patched) with a ASUS P5AD2 Premium mainboard having two Marvel Yukon onboard network adaptors. I want to do: * use the first adaptor for external networking (Internet and Remote Desktop connection) with a fixed IP. * use the second adaptor for internal networking with a private fixed IP(for example, 192.168.1.100) to connect to two PCs by Remote Desktop connection. What I found, after tens of days of testing, is that: * initially dual networking is OK as expected, * but, after several hours, the Remote Desktop connection from the external netwo...

Remote Desktop Connection for Windows
So, since I've moved out of my home office with my company, but keeps my gaming PC at home, I've ben using RDC to connect to it to check compatibility stuff. It's been working quite allright. The difference between RDC and Remote Desktop from Apple is that RD is a monitoring and controlling application that displays what is being shown on the screen(s) when you connect. When you use RDC, the "local" user gets disconnected. I.e. you can't be connected remotely and the local user still seeing what I am doing. This isn't a problem for me, since I'm either...

Windows XP dual networking with Remote Desktop connection
Hi, I have a Windows XP system (SP2 patched) with a ASUS P5AD2 Premium mainboard having two Marvel Yukon onboard network adaptors. I want to do: * use the first adaptor for external networking (Internet and Remote Desktop connection) with a fixed IP. * use the second adaptor for internal networking with a private fixed IP(for example, 192.168.1.100) to connect to two PCs by Remote Desktop connection. What I found, after tens of days of testing, is that: * initially dual networking is OK as expected, * but, after several hours, the Remote Desktop connection from the external netwo...

raspbian xrdp / remote desktop connection client Windows 95 ?
Hello, I have a Raspberry PI B+ with raspbian installed. I intend to use it as a server without any monitor/display /keyboard/mouse attached. I have installed xrdp and the Raspberry PI B+ is configured to have a static IP-address not in the range of addresses handled by the dhcp-server. .. From Windows 7 I can easily connect to the Raspberry Pi via the "remote desktop connection client" which ships along with Windows 7. xrdp-session starts and everything works nicely. But my father still works with Windows 95. (All machines in question are in the same LAN, co...

Can't connect to XP using MS Remote Desktop
I'm trying to connect to an XP box on the same LAN using MS Remote Desktop. When I attempt the connection I get the message: "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively" It is obviously recognizing my (Windows) user and password as I get a different message if I try a non-existent user. I have enabled enabled it on the Windows side following the Help tha comes with Remote Desktop: > To configure Windows XP Professional > 1. On the Start menu, click Run, type Control Panel, and then click OK. > 2. Open System, click the Remot...

Re: RE : [HP3000-L] to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Co nnection
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C5C3A8.8DA3C710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Under MS-Windows, at the command prompt execute netstat -a -----Original Message----- From: Christian Lheureux [mailto:christian1776@wanadoo.fr]=20 Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:17 PM To: 'Dave Waroff' Subject: RE : [HP3000-L] to some extent : MS-Windows Remote Desktop Connection ...

Web resources about - Remote Desktop Connection - comp.os.ms-windows.misc

Perth-based man linked to NZ rape cases unmasked after DNA connection
A rape victim has blasted police for refusing to reveal the name of the man linked by DNA evidence to a series of horrific sexual attacks on ...

Ritchie Yorke recounts John Lennon, Yoko Ono connection - The Courier-Mail Search Search
IN THE old-school days of rock ’n’ roll journalism, savvy interviewers got to spend time with interviewees, get to know them, hang out backstage ...

The French connection
A FRENCH-SPEAKING Tasmania is not quite as out-landish a concept as it at first appears, considering we came extremely close to being a French ...

Improved call quality coming to Hangouts for Android via peer-to-peer connection
Improved Hangouts is one of the most common requests from Android users. According to a rumor late last year, Google is working on making it ...

National Journal: Luntz Fails to Disclose Rubio Connection
S.V. Dáte writes at National Journal: "Political junkies who follow Republican messaging guru Frank Luntz know how he felt that Marco Rubio performed ...

Virgina Tech students arrested in connection with missing girl found dead - Videos - CBS News
Two Virgina Tech students were arrested this weekend in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl. The girl's family reported her missing ...