2010 Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science, Singapore [EI Compendex,ISTP,IEEE Xplore] #3

[ Please forward to those who may be interested. Thanks. ]
2010 International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational
CACS 2010
4-6 December 2010, Singapore
CACS 2010 aims to bring together researchers and scientists from
academia, industry, and government laboratories to present new results
and identify future research directions in computer applications and
computational science. Topics of interest include, but are not limited

Agent and Autonomous Systems
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing
Computer Architecture and VLSI
Computer Control and Robotics
Computer Graphics, Animation and Virtual Reality
Computers in Education & Learning technology
Computer Modeling and Simulations
Computer Networks and Communications
Computer Security and Privacy
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
Data Mining and Data Engineering
Distributed and Services Computing
Energy and Power Systems
Intelligent Systems
Internet and Web Systems
Nano Technologies
Real-Time and Embedded Systems
Scientific Computing and Applications
Signal, Image and Multimedia Processing
Software Engineering
Test Technologies

CACS 2010 conference proceedings will be published by CPS which will
include the conference proceedings in IEEE Xplore and submit the
proceedings to Ei Compendex and ISTP for indexing.
Singapore's cultural diversity reflects its colonial history and
Chinese, Malay, Indian and Arab ethnicities. English is the dominant
official language, which is convenient for foreign visitors. Places of
interest, such as the Orchard Road district, Singapore Zoo, Night
Safari, and Sentosa, attract millions of visitors a year. Singapore is
a paradise for shopping, dinning, entertainment, and nightlife, with
two new integrated resorts.
Conference Contact: CACS@irast.org
Paper Submission Deadline: 15 May 2010
Review Decision Notifications: 15 August 2010
Final Papers and Author Registration Deadline: 9 September 2010
4/16/2010 2:56:43 AM
comp.networking.windows 3089 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Similar artilces about - 2010 Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science, Singapore [EI Compendex,ISTP,IEEE Xplore] #3:

MD5 16 octet
Hi there I am trying to compute the 16 octet MD5 hash. I looked in the digest/md5 and i could not figure it out. i used Digest::MD5.hexdigest(value) but this computes 32 if I am not mistaken. Any idea please? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Shuaib Zahda <shuaib.zahda@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there > > I am trying to compute the 16 octet MD5 hash. > I looked in the digest/md5 and i could not figure it out. > i used Digest::MD5.hexdigest(value) > but this computes 32 if I am not mistaken. > > Any idea ...

Re: Sample Size Estimate #3
Yes you may be able to terminate early, you just need to analyze the data appropriately to deal with the fact that you have allowed the results to dictate continuation. You will want to look up the idea of stopping rules, interim analyses, and learn how to adjust your alpha level when running such a test. On the plus side, there is a lot of literature out there about this within the clinical literature. Warren Schlechte -----Original Message----- From: haiyan chen [mailto:haiyan_c@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 3:04 PM Subject: Re: Sample Size Estimate Hi, Bill, ...

Some Questions about Parallel Computing
1. Sometimes, we do parallel computing in Matlab. If we write parallel code but run it without opening workers, will we lose efficiency? I mean that compared to non-parallel code, will it run much slower? 2. Does all random number generators (for example, random number generator for normal distribution, random number generator for uniform distribution, and so on) in Matlab share a same basic random number generator? 3. When we do parallel computing in Matlab, will the random number generators be synced? For example, if we use a paralleled loop, will the random number generator be locked if ...

Quicken 2010 for the Mac
Anyone used it? I made the mistake if buying it, and it was bad. Has a third less features, and many reviews on amazon are very negative. I did return it for my refund, but what a pain! Intuit has dropped the ball. John -- Are there errors in the Bible? How should a church conduct its worship services? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is racism wrong? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info On 2010-04-10 13:10:31 -0700, John said: > Anyone used it? I made the mistake if buying it, and it was bad. Has a &g...

[ace-users] ACE on ARM using gcc-3.4.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C8BB47.B0EEEA4F Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, can somebody please help me with the following problem? ACE VERSION: 5.6.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you use?: =09 Windows XP and Cygwin TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): =09 ARM9, gcc-3.4.0, gclib-2.3.2, Cyg...

[announce] Nausicaa/Scheme 2010-03-28 tag 0.1a11
Nausicaa/Scheme =============== Nausicaa is a distribution of Scheme language libraries for R6RS Scheme implementations. Currently it attempts to support Ikarus, Larceny, Mosh and Ypsilon. Nausicaa/Scheme is the core package; it provides foundation libraries and implements the infrastructure of the foreign-functions interface. It comes in two flavors: * The full distribution, with documentation and foreign functions interface included. Its installation infrastructure requires a GNU+Linux system (for details see the "REA...

Script running under Command Prompt or Browser or some other application?
Hi!, I just out of curiosity want to know how top detect the client side application under which the script is getting run. I mean to ask the how to know whether the script is running under Command Prompt or Browser or some other application? Ojas. On Nov 27, 9:34 pm, Ojas <contacto...@gmail.com> wrote: > > I just out of curiosity want to know how top detect > the client side application under which the script > is getting run. I mean to ask the how to know whether > the script is running under Command Prompt or Browser > or some other application? This is not exact...

Strange computations output
Hello everyone! Please help me with the following. I perform simple calculations. Define a matrix A and substitute it into the equation: A = [a11, a12; a21, a22] syms x y z = [x y]; S1 = (A(1, 1) - 1) * z(1) + A(1, 2) * z(2) But the result is rather strange: S1 = (122247597203675*x^2*y)/4503599627370496 - (553534918490399*x^3)/2251799813685248 Of course, if I divide these numbers I will get normal ones. But why MatLab does not do it by itself? Thank you. Regards, Alex. "Alexandr " <o.pischanskyy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ibgpeo$mo6$...

Homecconline.com is a great site for computer hardware !
A new website has just been launched and has some awesome prices, very competitive with Pricewatch's pricing. The site's address is: http://www.homecconline.com, I'd encourage people to check it out its well worth the visit, they have Build-to-Order systems and just about anything you could want for a PC. Just thought I'd make a post and point out some good deals ! ...

Fatal errror in ISE 6.3 i
Hello Guys, I am facing fatal error when i am synthesizing my RTL code. The same code gets synthesized in synplify but not in ISE 6.3i. I tried my luck for finding the answer in xilinx site but found no information about. FATAL_ERROR:Xst:Portability/export/Port_Main.h:127:1.13 - This application has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Has anyone faced this type of problem. Can you please suggest how can i solve this problem. Thanks and Regards Williams stud_lang_jap@yahoo.com wrote: > FATAL_ERROR:Xst:Portability/export/Port_Main.h:127:1.13 - This > app...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #3
First, let me admit/acknowledge that I have no knowledge of the history of this thread. Been tied up catching up post SAS Global Forum and post the announcement of sasCommunity.org. But I would like to offer some thoughts regarding Toby's comment: > No as for the sascommunity.org, do we really want a macro library. Well I > would say yes and no. I would like to have one and there are those who > have > paced some Macros on there already. I believe Don and Ron both have, > actually they were on there before the Wiki went public. However, since > people tend to get Ma...

Get Computer Name
I think there was a VI 'Get computer name' somewhere in the GToolbox (or former LVutil). I cannot find it - any hints? I need the name of the computer the program works on because it communicates with another application via TCP/IP and I would like to set the standard application adress as the local PC. Thanks Urs B�gli Hello Urs, An easy way is to use the "string to IP" wired to the "IP to string" VI (TCP palette). The IP to string function has a boolean input where you can define if you want to see the IP address or the machine name of the PC. Regards, L...

Xilinx Conversion 3.1 --> 6.1
Hi all, i have an old xilinx project developed with version 3.1 (schematic file) Now i work with Xilinx Project Navigator v.6.1 I'm unable to open it. There is any way to convert schematic from 3.1 to 6.1? Thank's in advance Max Udicom ...

Re: NIntegrate to compute LegendreP approximations to functions #5
Thanks gain for the advise. I have done two integrals one for k==0 and other for any other value of k. It is not the most elegant solution but it seems to work fine. Thanks J. Rico ----- Mensaje original ----- De: "DrMajorBob" <btreat1@austin.rr.com> Para: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net, "J. Jes=C3=BAs Rico Melgoza" <jerico@umich.mx> Enviados: S=C3=A1bado, 19 de Noviembre 2011 15:13:15 Asunto: Re: Re: NIntegrate to compute LegendreP approximations to functions Disregard everything after hello. I keep pushing SEND too soon. I had a plot that looked corre...

Re: Calculating frequency of fractions #3
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:41:38 -0700, clyde013@YAHOO.COM wrote: .... >I'm trying to calculate the frequency of fractions in my data set >(excluding whole numbers). > >For example, my variable P takes values 24+1/2, 97+3/8, 12+1/4, >57+1/2, etc. and I'm looking to find the frequency of 1/2, 3/8, and so >on. Can anyone help?! hi, Clyde013, here is one way, assuming that p is of character type. hth. cheers, chang /* test data -- if p is a character var */ data one; input p $ @@; cards; 24+1/2 97+3/8 12+1/4 57+1/2 36 3/8 ; run; /* frequencies of frations? */ data two; ...

Call for papers: EISWT-10, Orlando, USA, July 2010
It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with your colleagues, students and individuals whose research is in enterprise information systems, information technology, e-commerce, web-based systems, data-mining and related areas. Call for papers: EISWT-10, Orlando, USA, July 2010 The 2010 International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies (EISWT-10) (website: http://www.PromoteResearch.org ) will be held during 12-14 of July 2010 in Orlando, FL, USA. EISWT is an important event in the areas of Enterprise Information Systems, En...

154132 Answers to your Computer question! 34
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a penny, just student scraping by. But Guess what? I don't want your money, your e-mail, or anything. Each of these sites has a specific topic but they have them style and layout sothey are easy to navigate and ther a search function should take you to exactly where youwant t...

Remember your first computer?
Title: Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time <quote They say you never forget your first computer. For some of us, it was a Commodore 64 or an Apple IIe. For others, it was a Pentium 233 running Windows 95. Regardless of the hardware, the fond memories of wonder and excitement are universal. .. .. I recently had the opportunity to talk with Ken Starks about his organization, Reglue (Recycled Electronics and Gnu/Linux Used for Education) and its efforts to bridge this digital divide. quote> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content...

histogram #3
I have a single column data-file and I would like to make a histogram out of it (with the possibility of deciding how to bin the data). I have googled and found this solution: binwidth=5 set boxwidth binwidth bin(x)=binwidth*floor(x/binwidth) plot "test.dat" (bin($1)):(1.0) smooth freq with boxes But this does not give me a histogram... I even get an error: $ gnuplot -persist histograms.pl plot "test.dat" (bin($1)):(1.0) smooth freq with boxes ^ "histograms.pl", line 6: ';' expected I'm even not sure if this ...

3 VGA cards
Hello, I will be make a computer with 6 screens, so I have a motherboard with 3 pci-express slots and ubuntu linux 8.04 install on it. Motherboard type : Asus P5N-T deluxe with a intel E6550 cpu and 3 NVidia 8400 gs cards. Problem : I start always just 2 cards and not the 3rd gpu. lspci said : lspci | grep VGA 03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS (rev a1) 04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS (rev a1) 07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS (rev a1) I make my xorg.conf full configured, but i...

Computer Security
..:: A. Computer Security Information ::. 1. Firewalls Torn Apart 2. Guide To Social Engineering 3. Social Engineering And Email Account Cracking 4. Network Firewall Security 5. Hijacking Hotmail Accounts For Newbies 6. Various Ways To Hack Or Over Ride Foolproof 7. Configuring ZoneAlarm Securely 8. IP Masquerading Tutorial 9. Interesting Things You Didnt Know About Your Computers Hardware 10. Advanced Number Systems Made Easy 11. Hacking Dictionary 12. Hacking The Bios 13. DNS The What The How And The Why 14. Exploit Mihirs Guide To Inserting Logo To System Properties 15. Getti...

Re: Converting SAS Code to Stata #3 1617295
You don't say what type of SAS code you have. Is using PMML an option for you? Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kris Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 3:01 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Converting SAS Code to Stata Hello All, Is there a way to convert a SAS code into Stata? I have about 500 lines of SAS code that I would to convert into Stata. I app...

What's computer programming
Hello.... I was thinking more, and i have come to an interesting subject.. I was asking myself what`s computer programming ? And after i have learned to program and after i have invented many algorithms and parallel libraries ... I think i am able now to define more what is computer programming... I will define it like the following: Computer programming is like "robotics", when you construct a robot you have to give it legs and hands and motors etc. and you have to learn it how to behave by incorporating in it "knowledge" to give it the ability ...

New Relay Computer
I've made a new relay computer: check out http://relaysbc.sourceforge.net (look for the videos on the example programs page). This one is a single board computer, like the microprocessor trainers of the 70s and 80s. A trick to keep the relay count very low is my design for a master-slave flip-flop. By using a capacitor for the master side and a holding resistor based latch for the slave side, only 1.5 relays per bit are needed. -- /* jhallen@world.std.com AB1GO */ /* Joseph H. Allen */ int a[1817];main(z,p,q,r){for(p=80;q+p-80;p-=2*a[p])for(z=9;z--;...

US-PA: Philadelphia-Programmer/Analyst #3
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Programmer/Analyst Job L...