Active directory password expiration - extend

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

To extend password expiration

http://serveradministrators.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-extend-password-expiration.html
0
Reply ganesan.kuppusamy (1) 2/7/2011 9:21:47 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.networking.windows 3085 articles. 1 followers. Post

Authenticate the windows password through Active Directory?
Hello Everyone, Is it possible to authenticate the windows password through Active Directory? If so, how would this be done. I have a login screen in my application and am trying to set it up with the same login details as Windows to streamline the experience for users. It also must allow 1 user to log onto the application while another user is logged onto windows. I must know who is logged onto the application. I can get the username but am wondering if after the user enters the password, I could somehow authenticate it with windows 2003? Regards Kevin Firt I'll tell you how I would...

Password Change Problem on Active Directory
Hello, I have experienced some problem on password change on client PC. We set the password 90 days expired. By the way, When the user tries to change password on client after seeing the message like " You have to change password as the 10 days remain until the ID lock", the user cannot change the password saying the message "You are not autorized to change password". But before seeing the message on client showing days left for expiry, user can change the password without any problem. Our system environment is follows; Server : Windows 2000, Active Directory. C...

Username and passwords from NT active directory
Hello all, This might be more of a Squid question but hopefully someone in the NQ has had this problem. Curently running fbsd4.8 with squid 2.5_4 . Implemented ntlm auth(using active directory servers), works fine for windoze 2000/pro workstations. Legacy applications however are a problem with no future plans to support ntlm auth support. My next option is to use squid basic auth. However I don't want to keep two sets of books for user info. Does any body know if username and password info can be pulled from the active directory to put into a local data base ?. b...

Synchronize unix password with MS active directory
Hi, How to synchronize solaris user password with MS active directory? Thanks in advance. Dolphin <yc282004@yahoo.com.sg> wrote: > How to synchronize solaris user password with MS active directory? In what direction? Which is authoritative? Assuming AD is the main password store, then AD will function as a perfectly usable Kerberos 5 server. I would investigate simply joining your Solaris box to the domain using Kerberos. -- Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/ On Jun 25, 9:09=A0pm, hume.spamfil...@bofh.ca wrote: > Dolphin <yc282...@yahoo.com.sg&g...

Problem Changing Passwords in Active Directory Environment
We currently have several OS X machines as well as a couple OS 9 machines in a Win2K Active Directory environment, and we're having issues with password changes. From the client end, it seems as though no matter how the user changes their password, there is an issue. Generally, when the client changes their password, they are not allowed access to one of the rescources they need. Unfortunately, it seems to be fairly random. For the most part, it seems to be the password-protected areas of the intranet that they lose access to. For instance, when prompted for a password change, a user will...

RHEL4 and Active Directory Integration (pam_krb5) -- cannot change password
I am trying to user kerberos to authenticate *NIX client accounts against a Windows 2003 Active directory. The kerberos packages that are installed on the Red Hat system are: krb5-libs-1.3.4-33 krb5-devel-1.3.4-33 pam_krb5-2.1.8-1 krb5-auth-dialog-0.2-1 krb5-workstation-1.3.4-33 I have created a keytab file using the MS Windows utility ktpass. When I log on to the Red Hat system everything works as expected and I can see the following in the /var/log/messages file: sshd: pam_krb5[3554]: krb5_get_init_creds_password(krbtgt/AD.NET@AD.NET) returned 0 (Success) pam_krb5[3554]: validating cred...

checking userid and password against windows domain (Active directory)
hi. to prevent separate systems with different accounts, i am looking for a perl module that will allow me to check the userID (username) and password against a windows domain (win 2000 active directory). the perl script is not run on the windows2000 server itself so a network logon is requiered if possible. are there any modules that support this? /stig stig wrote: > hi. > > to prevent separate systems with different accounts, i am looking for a > perl module that will allow me to check the userID (username) and > password against a windows domain (win 2000 active dir...

Linux DNS expiring on Active Directory DNS server
In a particular professional environment, the quite competent Active Directory admin has set the domain to expire idle hostnames. That seems quite reasonable, except that it keeps expiring the hostname of my CentOS 5 development box, even though it's not completely idle. (When I need it, I need it!) The box has two network ports, only one of which is normally connected (eth0), eth0. Both ports are DHCP enabled, and using DHCP reservations from Active Directory to get their information. But the A record for eth0 keeps disappearing, every few weeks! I'm not sure whether Acti...

SOLVED: Linux DNS expiring on Active Directory DNS server
Some time back, I growsed here about the difficulty keeping a static Linux server's DNS information alive in a Windows Active Directory server that had DNS expiration turned off. There turn out to be two workable solutions. 1) Use dynamic DNS on the Linux client. This will keep refreshing the DNS information, and on RHEL is done by setting up a '/etc/dhclient- eth0.conf' file with the relevant information. This particularly requires dynamic DNS to *not* require authentication on the Active Directory server to set DNS information, so it requires either passive cooperation...

Synchronize MS active directory users and passwords and Iseries-AS/400?
Any Idea to achive user-passwords synchronization between MS active directory and Iseries-AS/400 (or whaterver is called now). In one word, single logon. Thanks in advance. You should obtain the IXA (integrated X-series adapter) or IXS (integrated X-series server), The former is a card that sits in a Win2K machine and allows the machine to function as though it were an IXS. The IXS is essentially a IntelPC on a card that sits inside your AS/400 and uses AS/400's dasd as its disk. The integration software for the IXS/IXA includes one way user profile replication (AS/400 to Win2k)...

Password Change Problem on client on Windows Active Directory Environment
Hello, I have experienced some problem on password change on client PC. We set the password 90 days expired. By the way, When the user tries to change password on client after seeing the message "You have to change password as the 10 days remain until being expired", the user cannot change the password saying the message "You are not authorized to change password". But before seeing the message on client, that is, many days left before the expiration, user seems to be able to change the password without any problem. Our system environment is follows; Server : Win...

Can't change kerberos password on Active Directory with kpasswd
Hello, I have setup kerberos (to Aactive Directory) authentication on Solaris 8 with SEAM 1.0. I can authenticate withut any problems, but if I try and use kpasswd to change my kerberos password I get the following error 'kpasswd: unable to get host based service name for realm myRealm.net'. My /etc/krb5/krb5.conf file looks like [libdefaults] default_realm = MYREALM.NET default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 default_tgs_enctype = des-cbc-md5 [realms] MYREALM.NET = { kdc = 192.168.0.252:88 } I have looked on google and didn&...

Kerberos/Apache receiving Active Directory user/password in plain text
Hi all, We have a unix web server with Apache were we installed kerberos to implement single sign on. The idea with this is to have the ability of autenticating through the Windows Active Directory once not needing to log again in the unix box. After the setup, the autentication works. When we log in to the unix server, a popup window asks for user/pwd. After entering user/pwd the credentials are autenticated against the windows active directory and the access to the unix/apache box is granted. However, what we want is to avoid this login popup. We noticed that when the popup...

kinit-1.7: wrong passwords lock active directory accounts

Active Directory 2003 Interactive Logon change password locks accounts
We have a windows environment using Active Directory on Server 2003. We have 1 forest, 1 domain and 3 sites. Each site has 1 DC. client machines are running XP sp1. When users receive Interactive Logon message warning of password expiration and user chooses "yes, i want to change my password", the users account will lock out shortly afterward. usually, the lockout occurs when trying to access mail. we are running exchange 2000 in a cluster with a server acting as a connector with active directory. information store is on a virtual server on Hitachi SAN. If user selects, &...

MIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issueMIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issue
Hi, I also experienced the same problem as William G.Zereneh (http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-May/005341.html). I'm able to change the password using ctrl-alt-del, but when the password is expired and windows asks me to change the password, I encountered "Domain MIT.REALM.COM is not available" error. As I sniff the packet, it noticed that it sent a CLDAP query message with filter: (&(DnsDomain = MIT.REALM.COM)(Host = myhostname)(NtVer=\006) which is returned NULL by my _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.REALM.MIT.COM How to resolve this problem ? maybe there's a missin...

Warnings from Password Expiration vs. Expiration

Expired password, openssh not invoking password change.
It looks like I've run into a problem. I can't be sure if this is a software bug or a designed feature with OpenSSH. I am currently running OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7i 14 Oct 2005. We have an OpenLDAP backend for user authentication and everything is working. The problem is this.. I need to require my users to change their password on initial login to the system. I have attempted to use passwd with the -e flag and that fails saying: >-root-> passwd -e testuser Authentication failure. LDAP information update failed: Operations error Error while changing password expiry in...

Windows Active Directory connections with Directory Access
Hello Everyone I am having a problem with my network services. We are trying to deploy a new policy where all of our techs have an Active Directory account that will allow them admin-level access on our Macs. We have a group set up on our AD server for our technicians, and the Macs are logging in using the Directory Access program provided. However, the techs do not have admin-level access even though the Directory Access program has be configured to allow so. We cannot figure out what else to do, and all the settings in DA have been verified. If it is any help, the users under AD have no spe...

Active Directory has "forests", what does Directory Server have?
Active directory has the concept of a forest - a group of one or more Active Directory trees that trust each other. Is there an equivalent concept with Sun Directory Server and what is the term (jargon) used to describe a group of suffixes? Regards, Patrick ...

password expiration field set to none after password change
Is there a way to set the 'password expiration' field with modprinc ( pwexpire) to be constant. Currently I've set it at @ 30 days. When this date is reached , the user changes their expiring password, which is all good. However the password expiration field is then reset to 'None': Password expiration date: [none] I have a script that goes round and changes the expiration for another 30 days, so that's OK. But is there a way the value for password expiration can be constant and not reset. (using aix nas/kerberos 5) Thanks pete On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 11:23 -040...

Lotus Domino Directory Assistance and Active Directory 2003
Hi all, I went through many problems and tests to get my configuration working. Since this issue seems to cause many questions in this forum, where I was able to find some clue, I post my working setup below. If you have any comments or questions, they are welcome, since there is still some issues for me to troubleshoot. Environnement : One Domino Server (6.5 on Win 2K Box) and One AD 2003 domain with Exchange 2003 Problem : How to have a single logon (and not Single Sign on aka SSO) for users accessing Web Apps on the Domino Box ? Solution : Activation of Directory Assistan...

How to change the password password expiration time- using a telephone
I need to reset a Norstar Call Pilot "password expiration time" to "0" , by using a telephone. I do not want to keep having to changing the password. -- posted via http://forums.cabling-design.com/telecomtech/how-to-change-the-password-password-expiration-time-using-a-5972-.htm using Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to comp.dcom.telecom.tech and other telecom groups ...

active directory
Is there any ruby library that will let me authenticate against an active directory server from a linux machine? I looked through the AD gems but the documentation assumed that I knew what I was doing already, and *seemed* to imply that I needed to be running this from a windows box sitting in a windows domain. I don't need to run queries or anything like that - simply authenticate a user and get a yes/no answer. martin On 9/24/07, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10@gmail.com> wrote: > > Do you want to do an LDAP bind-authentication from Linux with a username and > passwor...

login to a AIX 5.3 machine as a ldap user say "user1" from MS Active Directory login in to /home/guest directory. Why is it not creating a directory say "/home/user1 and login there?
Message on Login screen is like this. 3004-614 Unable to change directory to "/home/user1". You are in "/home/guest" instead. How to fix this issue so that the user logs in to /home/user1 instead. kumaaraswamy@gmail.com wrote: > Message on Login screen is like this. > > 3004-614 Unable to change directory to "/home/user1". > You are in "/home/guest" instead. > > How to fix this issue so that the user logs in to /home/user1 instead. > Make sure that /home/user1 exists and that user1 owns /home/user1. Is it ...