Best Business OS

I'm prearing a computer for a friend's office. It's 2.4 gig with 1 gig of
ram. They have their computers networked. Which OS would be the best 2000
Pro or XP Pro.

Im not sure which NG this would apply to so I'm very sorry for the mutipost.
:(

--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo
To sell or buy a home: www.stephenhorrillo.point2homes.biz
For Broker & Agent Training: www.BrokerAgentTraining.com
A EXIT Realty earn over 100%: www.over100percent.com
0
Stephen
1/30/2005 12:08:53 PM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Best OS and Best Server OS, from Infoworld
January 02, 2006 08:00 AM US Central Timezone IDG's InfoWorld Names Top Technologies Impacting IT in 2006; Annual Technology of the Year Awards Honor 46 Innovative Solutions http://tinyurl.com/d5f6s OPERATING SYSTEMS Best Client Operating System: Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger Best Server Operating System: Mac OS X Server v10.4 (Note that lots of other folks were awarded accolades by IDG, including but not limited to M$, Apple, Cisco, IBM and others.) -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" On Jan 3, 2006, Ji...

Networking with windows network
Hi, have two different machines connected to windows network. The OS/2 machines are essentially identical. I have installed fixpax 15, WR_8423, WR_8425, and IP_8414. I have settings for ibmlan.ini and protocol.ini the same on both machines. Both machines have a folder shared with the same permissions. When I connect to machine1 via the windows network, I am prompted to enter user name and password - which I do and all works fine. When I connect to Machine2 I get no prompt for username and password and a lt of times I get the blasted too many connections error. Where else can I look to...

Best OS for Ruby Dev/Best OS for Ruby Hosting
Which is the best OS to use for ruby development...My vote goes to Mac OS X? What would be considered the best environment for hosting ruby and rails? Mac? FreeBSD? Gentoo? Ruby is, I believe, primarily designed for use with Linux, although the code is highly portable. Since Linux is the primary development platform, it may also have the fastest bug fixing and the most thorough testing. As a result, your best bet for hosting would be a server-grade Linux OS such as RHEL, CentOS, or the server versions of other distributions. For development, consistency with your hosting platform may or ma...

Enabling a Unix OS in dual boot config with a Windows OS to maintain a valid keytab in Active Directory without invalidating the Windows OS's domain trust relationship
Dear List, This information is aimed at sites for which all of the following apply: - Sites that are using Active Directory as a Kerberos KDC - Sites that have dual-boot configured machines running both a Linux and W= indows based OS with the same hostname - Sites that want to have a working Kerberos keytab on the Linux OS, but w= ithout invalidating the trust relationship between the Windows OS and Activ= e Directory. This problem may be old news or may not apply, but it can be solved with a = few steps: Problem/Background: If a keytab is constructed for the Linux OS (using mskt= util, ...

os/2 & windows networking...
lets try this again. I'm completely confused by the networking aspects for OS/2 with a bunch of different sources and also getting ahead of the printing stuff. I sort of got it with win98 networking. the router is connected to warp4 and win98 machines. both machines are setup for peer & sharing warp4 - the mpts has it set to TCP/IP, netbios/tcp, and netbios. win98 - its set to netbeui, tcp/ip. now at some point, i have add in the ip addresses so that the 2 machines can talk to each other. keep it simple if that is possible.... failing that, is there a site that lays it ou...

Better DOS than DOS, better Windows than Windows, better OS/2 than OS/2 :-)))
Hello, hereby I officially announce my entry into "eCS lusers" crowd :-) Installed 1.1 entry upgrade from Warp 4 on Saturday. Until now I was at Warp 4 FP15, and the days of fixed-patched-1996-oldtimer are gone. Although OS/2 base system in eCS 1.1 does not considerably differ from CP2, the value of added software (especially SDK 4.52) made my day. I got up-to-date OS/2 with SDK and other SW for cca 109 euro (thanks to my Warp 4). Just one notice about eCS: Should have happened earlier, in Warp 3 times. And just a drop of poison for you-know-who: I was able to run all my OS/2 sof...

windows 7 + OS/2 or ECS network
who's got win7 & OS/2 or ECS working together in a network? -- Dilbert Firestorm remove *byteme* to email me On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 02:47:36 UTC, dilbert firestorm <scanb31@bytemei-55.com> wrote: > who's got win7 & OS/2 or ECS working together in a network? It works with SAMBA. The page is somewhat confusing, but look over: > http://trac.netlabs.org/samba/wiki The combination that works best, for me, is (from Help-> About in EVFSGUI): ================================ Samba Client Versions: File system EVFS Version 1.002 Plugin file C:\ecs...

Networking Windows Printer to a Mac OS 9
I've just added a vintage iMac to my home network, and I'd like to be able to print from the iMac, running Mac OS 9.2, to an HP deskjet printer connected to a Windows 2000 desktop (not a server). How do I do that? Thanks, Bob Fleischer Groton, MA 01450 In article <42FF48D3.3090605@tiac.nospam.net>, Bob Fleischer <nospam-rjf@tiac.nospam.net> wrote: > I've just added a vintage iMac to my home network, and I'd like to be able > to print from the iMac, running Mac OS 9.2, to an HP deskjet printer > connected to a Windows 2000 desktop (not...

re perr networking os/2 and windows
Hi I have been having problem connecting my os/2 machine with a windows xp, but seem to be making some progress with the command line toot net view and net use! the strange thing is that net view \\lena bring up a list of shares and devices net use x: \\lena\safe makes a network drive on my OS/2 box, but if I go into the "sharing and connecting" applet, then the connections page I am unable see the connections I have just made, but I ma unable from there to edit it. that is make the connection automatic, or even see the computer under "server" list, its in the "con...

Networking OS X and Windows Server 2003
Has anyone tried this and had luck with it? I've installed the Mac File and Print services for Windows and with that running (though had to set it to accept clear text passwords) I can use the Chooser in OS 9.x and connect from OS X using "afp://<server name>. However if I try to connect via smb I always get an error -5000, which I is Access Denied (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804). However I am using a username/password/domain combination that is most defenitely has access. Since OS X is using Samba to connect, is it possible (or a known issue) t...

Networking Windows 95 PC to RISC OS
I am trying to get the files off my daughter's old Compaq DeskPro which has a built-in network card. I am following Ian Jeffray's instructions which relate specifically to W95. My query is: Should my hub show an illuminated light when connected (at rest) like it does with all my connected RISC OS machines? Could someone with a similar set-up just look for me? If it should, then I imagine that I have either not set the PC up correctly yet or have a duff network card. The hub is a standard one from CJE. I have a bag of PC network cards somewhere. ...

Best Networkable InkJet for Windows & Mac
Hello, I'm considering buying an inkjet printer that I can use on my ethernet network and share between Windows & Mac (OS 9 & OS X). One I'm looking at is the HP Deskjet 6127. It is about $250. Does anyone have any experience with this or other suggestions? It must be both Windows & Mac compatible on the network. Thanks, Brian ...

Networking Windows 2000 and Mac OS 10.3
Hey peoples, Been trying to figure out how to network my pc with my buds mac...he can see my win2k machine, but I can't see his mac. Any suggestions? Thanks, Don Campbell ...

Web resources about - Best Business OS - comp.networking.windows

Business - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Businesses are prevalent in capitalist economies , where most of them are privately owned and provide goods and services to customers for profit. ...

Business BMX DVD premieres Friday
Byron Kutchera and Ian Fleming (my daughter’s longtime boyfriend) are premiering their DVD this Friday. They are having a Facebook event as well. ...

Business Finance News – Business Stock Quotes, Stock Market Today
Business Finance News bringing you ground-breaking stock market quotes and business news related to stock market today.

Business Insider
What You Need To Know

US Business Magazine - Stock Market and Finance News - USA Business Information - Business Review USA ...
x JOIN THE NETWORK Business Leaders Money Matters Technology Apps Cloud Gadget Software Marketing 2.0 Mobile Marketing Social Media Viral Web ...

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Fox Business - Business News & Stock Quotes - Saving & Investing
Business news, small business news, business financial news,personal finance, finance trends, finance news, stock market index, stock data, stock ...

Idaho Business Review
The Idaho Business Review is your trusted newspaper for Idaho business news and information. Subscribers enjoy an online database of leads, local ...

Small Business Search Marketing by Matt McGee - SEO Tips & Help for Small Businesses : Small Business ...
SEO and web marketing tips and conversation for the small business owner and webmaster. Matt McGee writes about small business online marketing ...

The Drinks Business
The leading European drinks trade publication; at the forefront of what is happening in the drinks industry, focusing on wine, spirits and beer. ...