Cable

I've just installed a network card, but when I connect my new cable to it
and another computer, they both say that 'A network cable is unplugged'

I think that the cable is faulty, but I want to be sure before I send it
back to the shop.   Are there any other possible sources of this error?

Thanks

Neil

0
Neil
10/30/2003 6:02:25 AM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:02:25 -0000, Neil Brown wrote:

> I've just installed a network card, but when I connect my new cable to it
> and another computer, they both say that 'A network cable is unplugged'
>
> I think that the cable is faulty, but I want to be sure before I send it
> back to the shop.   Are there any other possible sources of this error?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

If you are connecting 2 computers directly from network card to network
card you need a "crossover cable"
0
BobC