Dual booting

Hi.
Is this group still alive?
Looking for a work around on my problem.
I have a Dual Boot system WINXP PRO and Ubuntu, simple.
I have a DSL-G604T modem DLink what I would like to be able to do is
have the Ubuntu OS able to access the Internet but Keep Windoze away
from the internet. If I ban windoze from net via mac address that will
also stop my Ubuntu? can I give windoze a statis IP and then give Ubuntu
a different static IP?
0
Glenda
2/6/2010 4:00:17 AM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot
Hi there Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image. I would be most grateful if someone could advise if this is possible? Is it just a case of changing the "boot.ini" file? Many Thanks for your help Greg Holmes On 21 Jun 2005 07:08:20 -0700, gregory.holmes@baesystems.com wrote: >Hi there > >Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of >dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP >Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image. If you are trying to use dual boot on a "regular" PC, then the first problem is getting a copy of Windows CE that will run. The operating is not available retail. > >I would be most grateful if someone could advise if this is possible? >Is it just a case of changing the "boot.ini" file? > >Many Thanks for your help > >Greg Holmes ----------------------------------------- To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message). Robert E. Zaret, eMVP PenFact, Inc. 500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R Boston, MA 02118 www.penfact.com Hi, Do you know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET separately in an Windows CE .NET environment or not? Is Visual Studio .NET IDE is already in the Windows CE .NET OS ? Regards...

Dual-everything...except dual-boot Windows\Linux
Maximum PC Dream Machine 2005: two dual-core procs (AMD Opteron) two terabytes of disk (Hitachi Deskstar) two videocards (nVidia 7800) two DVD burners (Plextor) two 24" LCDs (Dell) .... and two XP Pro operating systems (32- and 64-bit) They chose well. DFS wrote: > Maximum PC Dream Machine 2005: > > two dual-core procs (AMD Opteron) > two terabytes of disk (Hitachi Deskstar) > two videocards (nVidia 7800) > two DVD burners (Plextor) > two 24" LCDs (Dell) > ... > and two XP Pro operating systems (32- and 64-bit) > > They chose well. And it s...

Windows 2000, Windows 98 dual boot problem
Hello, I have 60 gig WD drive which is partitioned into 5 gig, 35 gig, and 20 gig. 5 gig is in FAT32 with Windows 98 is installed. 35 gig partition is in NTFS with Windows 2000 installed. 20 gig partition will be used for RH Linux and is in FAT32 as of now. The problem that I am running into is that I get inaccessible_boot_device error after installing SP2. BTW, I am running EZBIOS to get my hard drive recognized as 60 gig instead of 30 gig. Your help is much appreciated. -Steve ...

Read only: Windows dual boot by editing the boot file
I wonder if anyone has considered using qemu.exe as a way to get a dual -boot system under Windows XP/Vista. There is a way to edit the bootup file to add options, such as the winnt32 command console, in place of the standard Windows boot. Nothing prevents putting in a qemu.exe option instead. Or even a loadlinx.exe option. First there was looplinux, now there is qemu.exe. ...

How to make Windows XP default boot on a dual boot laptop
This is a dual boot laptop for my spouse, running XP and Linux as a dual boot. Grub is the bootloader that chains into XP. My question is how to make XP the default choice safely, friendly to update-grub command and having multiple kernels. My wife will mostly use XP, I am surem although she is familiar with linux. Use of directive "default <number>" does not seem to be robust due to changing numbers. Any recommendations? i On 04/14/2009 08:12 PM Ignoramus10773 scribbled: > This is a dual boot laptop for my spouse, running XP and Linux as a > dual boot. Grub is th...

dual boot windows + linux: installing windows 7 on first half of disk
Hello, I want to install a dual boot of Windows 7 and Linux on my Sony Vaio Laptop. Below is the output from fdisk. The /dev/sd5 partition has its partition type set to 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT using fdisk's t option but actually contains garbage. I need to install Windows in partition /dev/sda5 without messing up everything else. That is, I do not windows to overwrite my Linux partition when installing via the recovery partition installed in /dev/sda1 presumably and when the installation is finished I want to still be able to boot both windows on /dev/sda5 or linux on /dev/sda7. How should I proceed? Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 2048 35762175 17880064 27 Hidden NTFS WinRE /dev/sda2 * 35762176 35966975 102400 7 HPFS/NTFS/ exFAT /dev/sda3 35969022 625141759 294586369 5 Extended /dev/sda5 35969024 328935423 146483200 7 HPFS/NTFS/ exFAT /dev/sda6 328937472 340654079 5858304 82 Linux swap / Solaris /dev/sda7 340656128 625141759 142242816 83 Linux Thank you for your help, John Goche On Jun 7, 12:19=A0pm, Nick K <nzane...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to install a dual boot of Windows 7 and Linux on my Sony Vaio > Laptop. > Below is the output from fdisk. The /dev/sd5 partition has its > partition type set > to 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT using fdisk's t option but actually co...

Dual boot network
Hi Folks, I have 2 boxes connected with a crossover cable. They work fine. The first computer is a Windows ME and the second box is a dual boot Windows XP HE & Windows 98. I have the Windows XP set up with the Windows ME for file and printer sharing no problem. My question is, can I set up the Windows 98 which is on a separate partition on the XP box to network with the Windows ME box without messing up the XP & ME network???? I want to share files and printers. Remove "NOT" from email address to reply via email" Later, Malcolm ...

If Windows could dual boot
I would try OS X - if it was free. zara wrote: > I would try OS X - if it was free. Is this some bizarre Haiku? "Chris Clement" <chris.clement@mac.com> stated in post 1154739001.224003.204740@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com on 8/4/06 5:50 PM: > > zara wrote: >> I would try OS X - if it was free. > > Is this some bizarre Haiku? > LOL! Really. -- ��Professionals are not beginners in their field � Dreamweaver and GoLive are web design applications � Photoshop is an image editing application zara wrote: > I would try OS X - if it was free. > > Linux is free... you can dual boot that with the supplied grub. -- Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket? On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:45:08 -0700, Snit <SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote: >"Chris Clement" <chris.clement@mac.com> stated in post >1154739001.224003.204740@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com on 8/4/06 5:50 PM: > >> >> zara wrote: >>> I would try OS X - if it was free. >> >> Is this some bizarre Haiku? >> >LOL! Really. I don't think so, since all Haikus have exactly 17 syllables, no more, no less. By the way, Windows XP CAN dual-boot with OS X, using Apple's Boot Camp Assistant, and an Apple Intel PC. == Donald L McDaniel Please Reply to the Original Thread. ======================================================== On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 20:53:16 -0600, GreyCloud <mist@c...

Windows dual boot problem
I had windows xp home installed on my computer the other day. The problem is windows 2000 pro is still installed on my computer. I need to know how to uninstall windows 2000 and remove the hard drive partition. If this is not possible I would like to know how I can re-install xp and at the same time remove the partition and windows 2000. c_stanfield@adelphia.net (CS) wrote: >I had windows xp home installed on my computer the other day. The >problem is windows 2000 pro is still installed on my computer. I need >to know how to uninstall windows 2000 and remove the hard drive >parti...

Ubuntu and Windows dual-boot
I've just installed Ubuntu onto a drive that already has Windows on it. My drive has 4 partitions; 1 Windows boot, 1 data drive; 1 Ubuntu drive, 1 swap drive. This drive is using GRUB as the boot loader. Now when I boot I never get an option to boot into Windows. I don't have any choice. Is there a way that I can reconfig Grub so that I have a choice when starting up? My 'df' command shows the following: Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/hda1 40313964 1907084 36358996 5% / varrun 225364 80 225284 1% /var/run varlock 225364 0 225364 0% /var/lock procbususb 10240 132 10108 2% /proc/bus/usb udev 10240 132 10108 2% /dev devshm 225364 0 225364 0% /dev/shm lrm 225364 17580 207784 8% /lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/volatile /dev/hda2 51207184 9990676 41216508 20% /media/hda2 /dev/hda3 209423336 56284728 153138608 27% /media/hda3 I'm new to Linux so I'm not sure how to do any of this. On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 06:05:58 -0800, bill.parsons@gmail.com wrote: > I've just installed Ubuntu onto a drive that already has Windows on it. > My drive has 4 partitions; 1 Windows boot, 1 data drive; 1 Ubuntu > drive, 1 swap drive. This drive is using GRUB as the boot loader. > ...

Solaris / Windows dual-boot
Greetings! I am looking for a business that would like to configure a computer the way I would like it, and then sell it to me. I guess that would be a value-added reseller. I would like a dual-boot Solaris / Windows machine. I have my eye on a Hewlett-Packard if that will work -- the nx9420 ev268aa. Note that this is a laptop, albeit a desktop-replacement laptop. So probably, a Solaris shop would be best. A shop that's deeply involved in both Windows and Solaris would be ideal, but that's probably unobtainable. Ideas? Do you run such a business? Re...

Virtualizing dual-booted Windows
Hello experts! I currently have a dual-boot system and would like to try WINE, but I want to be able to access my alternate Windows system from within WINE so that I can still dual boot into it. Can I login to my dual-boot Windows system via WINE (or VMWare or any other solution)? Thanks in advance. Dennison dennisonuy@gmail.com wrote: > Hello experts! I currently have a dual-boot system and would like to > try WINE, but I want to be able to access my alternate Windows system > from within WINE so that I can still dual boot into it. Uhh... you want to boot into l...

Dual boot with Windows XP
Hi, I have a machine with Windows XP installed in it. Hard disk is 40 GB with one primary partition of 10 GB (now C:\ drive on which XP resides.) and one Extended partition of rest 30 GB(with three logical drives D:\ , E:\, F:\). The whole Hard disk is in NTFS format.Now I want to install Minix 3 and make a dual boot system with XP. I read the supporting documents provided in minix3.org, but don't know how to proceed as I have no more primary partition. So below are my doubts... How to proceed to get one more primary partition which minix wants to be installed in ? Do I need to delete th...

Enabling a Unix OS in dual boot config with a Windows OS to maintain a valid keytab in Active Directory without invalidating the Windows OS's domain trust relationship
Dear List, This information is aimed at sites for which all of the following apply: - Sites that are using Active Directory as a Kerberos KDC - Sites that have dual-boot configured machines running both a Linux and W= indows based OS with the same hostname - Sites that want to have a working Kerberos keytab on the Linux OS, but w= ithout invalidating the trust relationship between the Windows OS and Activ= e Directory. This problem may be old news or may not apply, but it can be solved with a = few steps: Problem/Background: If a keytab is constructed for the Linux OS (using mskt= util, ktpass etc), the password of the corresponding computer account is re= set in Active Directory in order for client and domain controller(s) to hav= e matching keys. This invalidates the Windows OS's password, which no longe= r matches the one stored in Active Directory. This results in the following= error when attempting to logon to the domain from the Windows OS: 'The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain fai= led' A Solution: Configure the Windows OS to use a password which matches that u= sed by the Linux OS (I used the NetJoinDomain function to do this). There i= s an increased security risk, in that the Windows OS can no longer periodic= ally update the key, but developing a custom key renewal system which does = not invalidate either OS's key might be an option. Steps: 1. Login as the local Administrator on the Windows OS 2. Disab...

How to change from 98/XP dual boot to Linux/XP dual boot?
I currently have a dual boot system with 98SE on drive C: (a partition), and XP on drive F:(the other partition). E: is its own drive, used for storage, and D: is the DVD drive. C: is FAT32 (10 Gigs), E: and F: are NTFS. Anyhow, I never use 98SE anymore, and I'd like to wipe it clean and install Red Hat 9 so I can learn how to use Linux. I assume it is possible, but I'm not familiar with the steps I should take. Are there any tutorials or walk throughs, or simple tips that can guide me? TIA On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:17:21 +0000, w_curtis thoughtfully wrote: > I currently have a dual boot system with 98SE on drive C: (a partition), and > XP on drive F:(the other partition). > > E: is its own drive, used for storage, and D: is the DVD drive. > > C: is FAT32 (10 Gigs), E: and F: are NTFS. > > Anyhow, I never use 98SE anymore, and I'd like to wipe it clean and install > Red Hat 9 so I can learn how to use Linux. > > I assume it is possible, but I'm not familiar with the steps I should take. > Are there any tutorials or walk throughs, or simple tips that can guide me? > > TIA Probably. But you can boot from the RH9 CD and the install process will take to "Druid Manual Partition". There you can delete the C: Fat32 partition reboot the install Linux to the C: partition. If XP doesn't boot from the Grub menu properly then do an Install, Repair of XP from your XP CD. ...

Dual Boot Freespire and Windows XP
Hi, I've been wanting to try Linux for a while and have installed Freespire onto a new hard drive, leaving my Windows XP installation on the original. Is there an easy way for me to setup a dual boot so I can select which one to use at startup? in 447598 20071020 102636 brennfalcon <jezzsj@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I've been wanting to try Linux for a while and have installed >Freespire onto a new hard drive, leaving my Windows XP installation on >the original. Is there an easy way for me to setup a dual boot so I >can select which one to use at ...

gentoo and dual boot Windows XP
Does anyone have any experience creating a dual boot system with Gentoo and Windows XP? If so, could you please comment on it? That is: How hard was your install? Do they 'play well' with each other? etc. I have had experience installing Mandrake, Redhat, and Suse on the same computers as a Windows install, and the install process has set up the dual boot with little or no effort on my part... which is definately a big plus in my books. Anyway, please let me know your experiences with this (and any place to look for *useful* :-) info on this). Thanks, BillR On 1 Jun 2004 15:16...

Dual Booting Linux and Windows XP
I am a very experienced Windows user for many years. I am very interested in learning more about Linux but my computer resources are limited. I have a single laptop computer (1.8GHz, 30GB, 256MB, WinXP Home, NTFS). My computer OS is as it came from the store -- a single partition with NTFS. I know I need to repartition the HD to make room for a Linux installation and this is where I need help. I have setup partitions before back in the Win9x days using FDISK & FAT32. I know the WinXP and NTFS is a little different and I need help on what approach to take. I am not opposed to reformatting and repartioning my system. I can reinstall apps and backup work files easily. One of my questions is that since my laptop didn't come with a WinXP CD (only a system restore disk) can I still use the restore disk to get my WinXP setup back up and running once that time comes? Also, does anyone have some documentation or sample scenarios on how to go about setting up a WinXP NTFS / Linux dual boot system? I'm really interested in progressing with this, I just need a little help getting started. Thanks! -- Bronson C. Elliott (Please respond to the newsgroup only, I will not answer email.) My laptop restore CD forms one big ntfs partition destroying linux, etc. The only way around it seems to be to install XP first, then resize ntfs partition. Add linux, bsd, etc. Hope that you don't have to reinstall XP lol. Or pay $90 for ...

Installing windows after linux (dual boot)
Hello guys, I have RedHat Linux installed on my PC (using GRUB) I would like to know if there is an easy way to install Windows as dual boot? (VMWare is expensive) I am looking at Linux Docs and telling my self that it can't be that complicated. Any suggestions or links. Thanks Prabh Hello Prabh (<prabhdeep@videotron.ca>) wrote: > I have RedHat Linux installed on my PC (using GRUB) > I would like to know if there is an easy way to install Windows as > dual boot? (VMWare is expensive) I am looking at Linux Docs and > telling my self that it can't be that complicated. It isn't complicated. 1. Windows will overwrite your Bootloader. You have to reinstall it later, for example by booting from the Red Hat CDROM or a boot disk you made. You can of course configure Grub to let you choose between Linux and Windows. 2. As far as I know, older Versions of MS Windows like Windows 98 only can be installed into a primary partition. best regards Andreas Janssen -- Andreas Janssen andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 Registered Linux User #267976 Prabh wrote: > Hello guys, > > I have RedHat Linux installed on my PC (using GRUB) > I would like to know if there is an easy way to install Windows as > dual boot? (VMWare is expensive) I am looking at Linux Docs and > telling my self that it can't be that complicated. > > Any suggestions or links. > ...

Question about dual boot with windows XP
I'd like to reinstall windows XP with a slipstreamed XP SP2 CD - that's cake - I know how to do this. I'm only concerned windows will replace Grub with it's own dumb bootloader I have Suse 9.1 After windows rapes the configuration, how do I restore it? -LTP :) On 12/15/04 13:40, Luc The Perverse wrote: > I'd like to reinstall windows XP with a slipstreamed XP SP2 CD - that's > cake - I know how to do this. > > I'm only concerned windows will replace Grub with it's own dumb bootloader > > I have Suse 9.1 > > After windows rapes the configuration, how do I restore it? either create a boot disk, or boot from a rescue CD, then re-install grub on to the raped MBR again. HTH -- Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709 CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192 Anu's Linux@HOME Distros: Knoppix, Fedora, FreeBSD More: http://anu.homelinux.net/~bsd/ Visit: http://counter.li.org/ Luc The Perverse wrote: > After windows rapes the configuration, how do I restore it? .... boot the suse CD and select "boot installed system" then go into yast and select to install grub -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Texas law forbids anyone to have a pair of pliers in his possession. "mjt" <mjtobler@removethis_mail.ru> wrote in message news:32aud7F3gmo0jU7@individual.net... > Luc The P...

dual boot linux with windows XP
Hi guys, I am a newbie for linux and for system set up. I have some problem with install linux redhat 6.2 with windows xp, I try to dual boot them. But the problem is when I try to partition for linux, I couldn't allocate the /boot on hard drive, always this error: boot image too large. Here is the situation for my pc: 1 hard drive 80GB. C: 30 GB FOR WINDOWS XP (8 GB used) E: 50 GB FOR linux Now I can't shrink C drive below 1024 cylinder, can I still dual boot with linux? do you have any expericence to deal with this situation and not harm my windows xp? Many thanks for your help, Laura On 2005-01-06, Laura <lili@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote: > I am a newbie for linux and for system set up. I have some problem > with install linux redhat 6.2 with windows xp 6.2 is reeeeeeeally old. You'd better get something more up to date, like fedora. > 1 hard drive 80GB. > C: 30 GB FOR WINDOWS XP (8 GB used) Do not partition the disk from Windows for Linux, remove the 'E:' partition and do the partitioning in the install of Linux. Since your disk is big, you _have_ to get a decently new version of linux or you wont' be able to boot with the supplied version of Lilo. Fedora ship with Grub that doesn't have problems in booting from partition that are over the first 8Gb, otherwise you need to download a newer version of LILO. Davide -- ALL programs are poems, it's just that not all programmers are poets....

dual boot: first linux then windows
hi to everybody, i have a hardrive with gentoo linux installed and 20 G of free space at the beginning of the hard disk. on gentoo i have installed grub. is it possible to install windows xp on this free space, without messing up the gentoo installation? how? any links? all the docs i found says to install first windows then linux, but i discovered this too late! thanks renna On 19 Nov 2005 08:50:59 -0800 rennabh@gmail.com wrote: > hi to everybody, i have a hardrive with gentoo linux installed and 20 G > of free space at the beginning of the hard disk. on gentoo i have > installed...

Site on dual booting Windows/OSX.
http://www.twinmac.com/ That was fast. Nicolas NashtOn wrote: > http://www.twinmac.com/ > > That was fast. > > Nicolas Yeeees, grasshopper. Too fast. What should that mean to you? -- I have special mutant powers. My test results are here: http://elizabot.spymac.com/MutantPower.jpg Elizabot v2.0.2 wrote: > NashtOn wrote: > >> http://www.twinmac.com/ >> >> That was fast. >> >> Nicolas > > > Yeeees, grasshopper. Too fast. What should that mean to you? > That you're losing it...even....more? Nicolas In article <11arda8aqd9h541@corp.supernews.com>, Elizabot@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com says... > NashtOn wrote: > > http://www.twinmac.com/ > > > > That was fast. > > > > Nicolas > > Yeeees, grasshopper. Too fast. What should that mean to you? > > That Apple planned it that way? A little "smooch" for MS? -- Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR) "I don't really care about being right you know, I just care about success." --Steve Jobs In article <MPG.1d1a529977b31ce398aa95@news.verizon.net>, Randy Howard <randyhoward@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote: > In article <11arda8aqd9h541@corp.supernews.com>, > Elizabot@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com says... > > NashtOn wrote: > > > http://www.twinmac.com/ > > > > > > That was fast. > > > > > > Nicolas > > > > Yeeees, g...

dual boot with windows xp question
I have windows xp installed on an 80GB hard drive. I have used about 60GBs of space. 1. Do I need to partition my drive before attempting to install Red hat? 2. How many partitions do I need? I saw something on a website for windows, boot, and linux. 3. Do I have to save all my xp files in my xp partition and my linux files in my linux partition? 4. Can you recommend a step by step guide to this? There are alot of websites, I don't know which one to choose. I do not even know what the 'MBR' is. I have redhat 7.2. Is that version ok for dual booting? "Ryan" <rgaffuri@cox.net> wrote in message news:YERrc.42743$Lm3.3841@lakeread04... > I have windows xp installed on an 80GB hard drive. I have used about 60GBs > of space. > > 1. Do I need to partition my drive before attempting to install Red hat? > 2. How many partitions do I need? I saw something on a website for windows, > boot, and linux. > 3. Do I have to save all my xp files in my xp partition and my linux files > in my linux partition? > 4. Can you recommend a step by step guide to this? There are alot of > websites, I don't know which one to choose. I do not even know what the > 'MBR' is. > > Ryan wrote: > I have windows xp installed on an 80GB hard drive. I have used about 60GBs > of space. > > 1. Do I need to partition my drive before attempting to install Red hat? Yes. You should al...

Dual-boot Linux with Windows XP
Present setup: Windows XP Home, SP1 (no SP2!) 1 HD, 20GB, 2 partitions: C:, Primary, 10GB, FAT32, HAD W98SE, now nothing but BOOT LOADER, NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM E:, Extended, FAT32, with W XP Home What I would like to do, is install Linux (SuSe, Mandrake or Red Hat desktop), to be dual-booted with XP. That is, I like to carve out a Linux partition in the large amount of empty space on the present C: drive. So I would end up with 3 partitions, C: just for booting, a Linux partition and E: with XP. Is that possible? Where would the Linux boot loader go? Which would control the booting choice, the Linux boot loader or the Windows one. In the end, I am of course interested in only one thing, to be able to boot, at will, into Windows or Linux. Thank you, sincerely, Stranger 18 On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:04:33 -0400, Stranger18 wrote: > Present setup: > > Windows XP Home, SP1 (no SP2!) > > 1 HD, 20GB, 2 partitions: > > C:, Primary, 10GB, FAT32, HAD W98SE, now nothing but BOOT LOADER, NTLDR, > NTDETECT.COM > E:, Extended, FAT32, with W XP Home > > What I would like to do, is install Linux (SuSe, Mandrake or Red Hat > desktop), to be dual-booted with XP. That is, I like to carve out a Linux > partition in the large amount of empty space on the present C: drive. So I > would end up with 3 partitions, C: just for booting, a Linux partition and > E: with XP. > > Is that p...

Web resources about - Dual booting - comp.networking.windows

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , booting (or booting up ) is the initialization of a computerized system . The system can be a computer or a computer appliance ...

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , booting (or booting up ) is the initialization of a computerized system . The system can be a computer or a computer appliance ...

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
function from the console, and ends when the computer is ready to perform its normal operations. On modern general purpose computers, this can ...

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , booting (or booting up ) is the initialization of a computerized system . The system can be a computer or a computer appliance ...

Murdoch's man regrets but cops a booting anyway
Ken Cowley's frank views preceded a hasty retreat.

Samsung unveils ATIV Q, a device dual-booting Windows 8 and Android
On stage at its Premiere event in London, Samsung just announced the ATIV Q, a hybrid tablet running both Windows 8 and Android. Samsung Executive ...

T-Mobile to clamp down on network abusers, booting them down to lowest Simple Choice plan
... more breaking coverage of iOS Devices , iPhone , and Smartphone . What do you think? Discuss "T-Mobile to clamp down on network abusers, booting ...

Atlanta vehicle booting tactics inspire outrage
For Atlanta attorney Stanley Lefco, the decision to park in a spot marked for visitors at Varasano's Pizzeria the night before a 10k race cost ...

Microsoft extends Windows dual-booting offer to Huawei and Samsung
According to a new report, Microsoft is also attempting to convince Huawei and Samsung to add Windows Phone (or Windows RT) to select Android ...

HTC One MoDaCo Switch: dual booting GPE and Sense with one data set
HTC One users can now seemlessly switch between stock AOSP Android and HTC Sense, using only one set of data and applications.