Network problem with Windows ME

Hi all,

i am using Windows ME und have a network problem.

With an  ethernetcard and a router my computer is with a tdsl-Modem in
the internet. Via this router also another computer (MacIntosh) is
connected to the internet, and all works fine.

But my Windows ME - Computer does not show a network.
My Network places do not show any network.
There is no sharing option in the context menu of folders.

However, the net is there. If I search for computers, I find both
computers. But I have no access to them. I can ping both computers as
well (by name of by IP-address).

On the MacIntosh computer I installed "Dave", which works with TCP/IP.
The "Dave" instructions say that - on the MacIntosh - I can only see my
pc after I have shared at least one folder.
However, there is no sharing option on my pc ...

Can anybody help?

Henriette, Hamburg

0
Henriette
7/16/2003 10:28:22 AM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow