Tools for Remote Administration of Windows 2000 Servers and Win XP Pro desktops

Hi,

I am looking for tools that I can use to remotely administer
(including boot/shutdown) servers those are running Win 2k.

I am also looking similar solution for Win XP Pro desktops. However,
for them I am also looking to do remote installation.

Please suggest tools.

Thanks,

Asif.
0
janoo333
7/15/2004 1:48:46 AM
comp.networking.windows 3090 articles. 0 followers. Kgoings (6) is leader. Post Follow

Look at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml
especially for your needs is PsShutdown there
Arkady

"Asif" <janoo333@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for tools that I can use to remotely administer
> (including boot/shutdown) servers those are running Win 2k.
>
> I am also looking similar solution for Win XP Pro desktops. However,
> for them I am also looking to do remote installation.
>
> Please suggest tools.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Asif.

0
Arkady
7/15/2004 6:40:02 AM
Pay attention that if you have MSDN you have shutdown.exe on NT or W2K
resource kit too
Arkady

"Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message
> Look at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml
> especially for your needs is PsShutdown there
> Arkady
>
> "Asif" <janoo333@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for tools that I can use to remotely administer
> > (including boot/shutdown) servers those are running Win 2k.
> >
> > I am also looking similar solution for Win XP Pro desktops. However,
> > for them I am also looking to do remote installation.
> >
> > Please suggest tools.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Asif.

0