"Network Write Error" with winME and winXP network

The BSOD then says " you have no space available on the server"

The winME client had no problems untill yesterday with accessing the
winXP Pro machine and there is plenty of room available.

We tried rebooting and that didn't help. Open to suggestions (aside
from getting rid of winME)
0
catcher39
6/22/2004 10:57:03 PM
comp.os.ms-windows.networking 1761 articles. 1 followers. thegezza (2) is leader. Post Follow

"Network error -- Error: Incomplete Setup ... Check your network setup."
Hello! Why do I get "Network error -- Error: Incomplete Setup ... Check your network setup." in Palm Tungsten C (Palm OS 5)? This is when using wireless connection (hotspots and open APs) with programs like Web Pro, AvantGo, etc. It was working fine a few days ago. I checked the settings and they appeared to be fine. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance. -- "An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --Forrest Gump /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx | |o o| | ...

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP
Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot see them, however they can see each other. The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are different. Ran th...

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP
Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot see them, however they can see each other. The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are different. Ran th...

Suddenly unable to acces Wireless Routers, acess points
I am running an IBM THinkpad R40 and never had a problem until I went to a Holiday Inn and could not connect to the internet, and their "expert" came in and made some changes to XP that allowed me to finally connect to their network. I had not tried any wireless connections since then, until last weekend. Now I can't even access my wireless router or wireless access point, which I rarely use. Recently, when I try to access a wireless access point, and all the hardware and drivers have been updated and checked, I get the folloowing error message: "Find Wireless Networks&...

removing a wireless network from "remembered" networks
Greetings all! I hope this is a quick, and easy question. My Powerbook remembers my work wireless network. Unfortunatly, right now it isn't working. It gets an IP address, and it shows data passing to and from it, but you can't ping anything, nor access anything. I've assigned it a unique IP address (I'm the network admin) but it still don't talk. I'm new to Macs, and this is the only one I've got to experiment with. I simply want to delete the information associated with that one wireless network, without interfering with the saved information for the two ...

"No network provider accepted the given network path"
"No network provider accepted the given network path" My configuration : - 1 PC XP Pro, ip=192.168.2.2 connected using 802.11b - 1 PC WS2003, ip=192.168.2.3 connected using ethernet 100Mb - 1 Belkin F5D7630-4A ADSL router - Latest service packs and updates are installed on both machines Settings : - The DHCP server of the router is on - The Local Domain Name server of the router is set to � Belkin � - On both PCs I have: TCP/IP set to 'Obtain an IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server adress automatically' My problem is: - On the XP Pro PC ...

Error Msg: "SURegCreateKey failed!" with title as "\Enum\Network\\0000"
hi We are MUX IM sample where miniport edge is visible(physical instance should get created) where one can assign ip address and all other information.. and we have our own protocol implemented in that.. We are allowing the tcp/ip binding to real adapter in notify object... We have done all development and testing on win2000 successfully , now our client platform is win98. In driver code we have taken care for win98 specific issues. But when we try to use binary on win98 we are error message box as, "SURegCreateKey failed!" with title as "\Enum\Network\\...

Home network "specified network name no longer available"
I have a win98SE desktop system and Win2K laptop. I have a Netgear wireless router and Netgear wireless card in the laptop. I can browse folders on the desktop. Last week, I created 2 folders on the desktop hd from the laptop. One folder is accessible. The other says "specified network name no longer available" when I try to browse it. I can open the folder from the desktop system. I created a new folder on the desktop system and can see the files in it. I still can't access it from the laptop. The folder has about 8 files totalling 150 MB, both smaller than other folders I can o...

ZA "New Network Alert" Detects Old Network
Windows XP Home (SP1) ZpmeAlarm Pro v 4.5.388.000 I'm not sure there's a relationship, but this firewall behavior started after I tried, and so far haven't accomplished, installing a new HD as the boot drive. I'm temporarily delaying the HD installation so that I can clear up a couple of problems. I've returned the system hardware and system restore back to the condition it was before trying to install the HD. Anyway, every time I boot up, right after ZA starts as it is supposed to, it detects a "New Network" and displays the "New Network Alert". At fi...

VFP 6: Windows Explorer "Network Drive Disconnected" Errors
Network shares kept getting disconnected on the company LAN. This caused my VFP app to hang when it accessed those shares. I did some searching and found net config server /idledisconnect:<bignum> could help. Per my testing, it appears to keep the shares open just fine, but lettered, network drives based on such shares still disconnect. The drive letter is still usable, but there is a delay before data starts flowing. Is there a way to prevent lettered, network drive disconnection, too? Sincerely, Gene Wirchenko There's an AutoDisconnect setting y...

"Disk or network error"
I'm no stranger to this error message, but I have a client who is experiencing it, but, fortunately, without any actual data corruption, and it's driving them made. Their inability to grasp that the cause is fundamentally a networking problem is also making me pull my hair out. Some history: The network is composed of five computers dating back to 1995, each purchased one at a time, and each having a different OS, etc. Until the recent purchase of an IBM laptop, the network was stable with only two machines, a Win2K desktop (which was the peer-to-peer file server) and a Win98 deskto...

network: "Connection Failed", no "Connect As..."
hello, i have two macs and a windows 2000 server. both macs can see the win box in the Finder's SHARED section. one mac can connect to it, using the saved Administrator credentials. the other mac (new one), cannot -- it just says "Connection Failed" each time i click it. i click "Connect As...", but it never shows me the login prompt. i have rebooted. any ideas whats up? thanks, sm ...

Network packets "Sent" only
I have a Lenovo 3000 C100. I'm plugging it into a working router using a good cable. I've tried installing Windows. I've tried the ethernet driver auto- installed by Windows, and the one off Lenovo's website. In Network connections packets are sent but not received. The pins in the ethernet jack look ok. I've also booted off a linux cd and no network connection could be detected via DHCP. I've also tried to set a static IP via Windows with no luck to connect to the router. No packets are ever received. No firewall is running. Any suggestions? Is this a hardwa...

Desktop Wireless network connection "bounces" when laptops join wireless network
I have a desktop (WinXP) with a 802.11b Belkin wireless card connecting to a linksys wireless b router in my house. I have 3 roommates with laptop and desktop computers that connect to the network fine every time. My desktop, connects perfectly with solid, strong signal for as long as the 2 laptops with integrated wireless nic cards are not on. Whenever either of these two (fairly new, 3-5 months old) laptops joins the wireless network, my connection bounces around like a super ball. My connection status on the desktop goes from high to low to medium back to low. I would say most ...

Web resources about - "Network Write Error" with winME and winXP network - comp.os.ms-windows.networking