How Do I enable Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys wireless G Router

Can anyone help me enable Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources
using a Linksys Wireless G Router (WRT54G)?  So far, all the computers are
able to connect to the internet and receive email. Also could the VPN Check
Point firewall (www.checkpoint.com) hinder the file and printer sharing?

My wireless network consists of one computer connected to...
1 Computer connected through the Linksys Wireless G Router which is wired
through a CAT5e cable.
1 Computer using a Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter (WMP54G)
1 Laptop using a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter (WPC54G)

Cheers to anyone who can help out here.

0
Paul
2/29/2004 12:01:42 AM
comp.os.ms-windows.networking 1761 articles. 1 followers. thegezza (2) is leader. Post Follow

help in enabling Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys Wireless G Router?
[...]

HELP! How to use windows XP as a router to seperate network through wireless
The current set up is as follows: ISP to a Linux based router to main network in house with Wireless. PC connected to Wireless network running XP Pro XBOX connected to PC via crossover cable. Goal: To connect XBOX to internet and network ideally on the network. The problem Tried using Windows XP bridge between the two connections to no avail. Set ip on XBOX and PC NIC to 10.0.0.x range subnet 255.255.0.0 Wireless route/nic(PC) and rest of network on 192.168.0.x subnet 255.255.255.0 How can we get this to work as being a nightmare and just can't work it out. Many thanks in adv...

HELP! How to use windows XP as a router to seperate network through wireless
The current set up is as follows: ISP to a Linux based router to main network in house with Wireless. PC connected to Wireless network running XP Pro XBOX connected to PC via crossover cable. Goal: To connect XBOX to internet and network ideally on the network. The problem Tried using Windows XP bridge between the two connections to no avail. Set ip on XBOX and PC NIC to 10.0.0.x range subnet 255.255.0.0 Wireless route/nic(PC) and rest of network on 192.168.0.x subnet 255.255.255.0 How can we get this to work as being a nightmare and just can't work it out. Many thanks in adv...

Make MS-Windows XP use HOSTS file when not connected to a network?
Hello, I have multiple entries in my HOSTS file, pointing to 127.0.0.1. When I am connected to a TCP/IP-network (LAN, WLAN), the entries in the HOSTS file resolve correctly. I get a response from ping and I can access the local webserver using any entry in the HOSTS file. When I am not connected to a TCP/IP-network, the entries in the HOSTS file do not resolve correctly. How can I convince MS-Windows to use the HOSTS file even while not being connected to a network? DNS Client is stopped. Starting it prevents the HOST file from being used even with an active network co...

Connecting Windows 98 to a Mac to share files (using router on local network)
I have been referred her from microsoft.public.win98.networking in the hope that you can solve the problem I am having that they couldn't. The original query of mine is shown below. "Hi there. I am a windows user, but very envious of the Mac (money constrainsts only prevent me from getting one), and I am trying to connect to a Mac on a local network, using Network Neighbourhood on the Win98 machine, and File Sharing on the Mac. We have a router, which we have managed to set up the windows machines to share through, and we have followed the help files for creating a...

Windows XP/OS File Sharing
I'm a mac newbie. I just got a powerbook, and I'm trying to copy some of my music over to the new machine from a WinXP shared folder. I got the connection to my other computer working. I entered my XP machine's IP number, and password etc. Now I can see the shared folder on my desktop. The problem is that when I open the shared folder on my desktop, I can't see anything inside. It lists "0 items" at the top. When I look at share from any windows machine, I see all the folders inside. Any advice on how to see the files? John Dierks: > I'm a mac newbie. I jus...

Enable printer sharing in windows XP
I am trying to enable the printer sharing in windows XP programmatically. The operation i am trying to imitate is: 1. right click on a local printer (in printers and faxes window). 2. choose sharing from menu. 3. press on the "I understand the security risk..." hyper link. 4. choose just enable printer sharing. 5. press on the "OK" button. I have tried to look all over the web for what happening below the surface when i choose the "Just enable printer sharing" but could not find a clue. Please help me understand what is happening when i choose the...

setting asterisk in windows host file (windows xp pro)
i have a little problem with setting an asterisk in the hosts file. i would like to generate an entry for all servers for domain. my entry is looking like that: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx *.domain.de it seems to be that isn't working properly. If I set an entry like this: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx abc.domain.de It is working well. Any suggestions are welcome Andreas No wildcards in host :( Arkady "andreas" <andreas.kappler@siemens.com> wrote in message news:e7d51e10.0408180443.29ed7bd9@posting.google.com... > i have a little problem with setting an aste...

Windows XP Pro file sharing glitch
My computer is experiencing a chronic episode of file and printer sharing errors... thank you in advance to anybody who may be able to help me sort this out. I presently have my computer, a Windows XP Pro laptop called valhalla, on a LAN with three other Windows XP machines (some Home, some Pro). The nature of my problem is this: When I attempt to access my laptop from any other computer on the network through Windows Explorer, my laptop will not grant access to anonymous users. Instead, the following error message appears: - \\valhalla is not accessible. You might not h...

File and Printer Sharing problems, Windows XP
I have a small home network of four hosts all running WinXP 3 Home 1 Pro. I have one laptop (running WInXP Home) which can't see one desktop(running XP Pro) but that same laptop can see the other hosts. Other hosts can see that same desktop and the desktop can see that laptop and the other hosts. The desktop sometimes shows up in Network Neighborhood but if I try and go into it it complains that I don't have permission. There is a corporate VPN client installed but I get the same thing without the client being active/logged on. I've tried editing hosts, lmhosts, etc...double...

File and Printer Sharing problems, Windows XP
I have a small home network of four hosts all running WinXP 3 Home 1 Pro. I have one laptop (running WInXP Home) which can't see one desktop(running XP Pro) but that same laptop can see the other hosts. Other hosts can see that same desktop and the desktop can see that laptop and the other hosts. The desktop sometimes shows up in Network Neighborhood but if I try and go into it it complains that I don't have permission. There is a corporate VPN client installed but I get the same thing without the client being active/logged on. I've tried editing hosts, lmhosts, etc...double...

File sharing issue with windows xp home edition and windows 98
Hi. I need some advice/help on setting up file sharing. I've read numerous articles but none help. Ok so i have 3 computers. 2 have windows XP home edition and 1 has windows 98. Before i got my 3rd computer ( the computer with windows 98), i had just 2 computers networked ....both are running windows XP home edition. They are both connected to the net VIA a router. So basically i added a 3rd computer with windows 98 to the network. The internet on the win 98 machine works but nor file sharing. When i am on the windows 98 machine, i can;t see the other 2 computers on my network. Ho...

Web resources about - How Do I enable Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys wireless G Router - comp.os.ms-windows.networking

Minister of Natural Resources (Canada) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Minister of Natural Resources ( French : Ministre des Ressources naturelles ) is the Minister of the Crown in the Canadian Cabinet who is ...

IBM Makes First Agency Acquisition With Resource/Ammirati
IBM Interactive Experience, a digital marketing services group within IBM, is set to acquire digital creative shop Resource/Ammirati. The deal, ...

Resource stocks could rally in 2017: BKI
Resources companies that have been smashed by slowing demand from China may rebound from their current performance woes as early as next year, ...

Microsoft to donate '$1 billion' worth of cloud computing resources
... of motivation, its donations are much appreciated. Today, Microsoft announces that it is donating "$1 billion" worth of cloud computing resources, ...

Creating Personal Wealth: 7 Resources Every Business Woman Should Know About
Being a woman in the business world can be rough, and you need to prove yourself every time you turn around. One thing that will show that you ...

Stem Selected By Hawaiian Utility For Distributed Resources Grid Project
... energy storage leader Stem, Inc. has been selected as a partner by Hawaiian Electric Companies to help the utility integrate distributed resources ...

"Deadpool's" T.J. Miller Details "Hateful," "Heavy Duty" Deleted Scene - Comic Book Resources
"Deadpool's" T.J. Miller Details "Hateful," "Heavy Duty" Deleted Scene - Director Tim Miller reveals one particular bar scene had to be cut way ...

Army Human Resources Supports Booting Green Beret For Attacking Child Rapist
'I am not offended by, nor do I take issue with, Martland’s confrontation of the child rapist'

DOJ's head of pardons and clemency petitions resigns due to frustration over lack of resources
... to review clemency petitions from federal inmates. But at the end of this month she'll step down, due to frustration over "a lack of resources ...

IBM to Buy Digital Marketing Agency Resource/Ammirati
IBM plans to buy Resource/Ammirati, a creative agency that pairs digital marketing pioneer Resource with advertising firm Ammirati.