Network Performance Problems with Dominos Web Server on Windows 2003

Hello.

We have recently migrated a Lotus Dominos 6.5 database from Windows 2000 to
Windows 2003.

If we use a browser on that server to access the database locally, the
response time
is great.  However, if we try to access the database over the network, the
response
time is awful.

The server is ok as far as CPU and RAM use (less than 5%).  The same
database
runs very fast when accessed over the network on a similarly configured
Windows
2000 machine. I think it must have to do with some settings in Windows 2003
network
buffering and/or caching and Dominos defaults ... Any ideas?

Thanks

0
John
4/8/2004 12:36:42 AM
comp.os.ms-windows.networking 1761 articles. 1 followers. thegezza (2) is leader. Post Follow

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Network Performance Problem Runnin HTTP Dominos 6.5 on Windows 2003
[...]

Networking OS X and Windows Server 2003
Has anyone tried this and had luck with it? I've installed the Mac File and Print services for Windows and with that running (though had to set it to accept clear text passwords) I can use the Chooser in OS 9.x and connect from OS X using "afp://<server name>. However if I try to connect via smb I always get an error -5000, which I is Access Denied (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804). However I am using a username/password/domain combination that is most defenitely has access. Since OS X is using Samba to connect, is it possible (or a known issue) t...

problem with network configuration on Windows 2003 server
I just installed Windows 2003 on a new server I purchased. I'm setting it up as web server, something I've done several times before. Everything seemed fine at first, but then I realized that I couldn't reach the server from anywhere in or out of the network. I also then realized I couldn't connect outward from the server itself. I can't even ping the gateway from the server. However, Windows itself seemed to show the netowrk connection as fine. (VPN or firewall or anything similar are not enabled) I am certain the IP number is good and all network settings a...

Windows Server 2003 Network Printing Performance and Errors
I have recently upgrade a file and print server to Windows Server 2003 and have been having issues with printing. I upgraded hardware to a 3.0 Ghz Xeon, with 2 GB of memory, and approx. 80 GB of disk. Initially the issue was slow network printing, extremely slow, 2 to 3 times slower than the old W2k server which was a third of the system hardware-wise. I've tried pretty much everything new and old drivers, Microsoft and vendor based drivers, disabling and enabling advanced printing features... nothing corrected the slowness. The primary printers with the issue are 2 HP LJ5000s and 1 HP ...

Windows Server 2003 Network Printing Performance and Errors
I have recently upgrade a file and print server to Windows Server 2003 and have been having issues with printing. I upgraded hardware to a 3.0 Ghz Xeon, with 2 GB of memory, and approx. 80 GB of disk. Initially the issue was slow network printing, extremely slow, 2 to 3 times slower than the old W2k server which was a third of the system hardware-wise. I've tried pretty much everything new and old drivers, Microsoft and vendor based drivers, disabling and enabling advanced printing features... nothing corrected the slowness. The primary printers with the issue are 2 HP LJ5000s and 1 HP ...

Networking with windows network
Hi, have two different machines connected to windows network. The OS/2 machines are essentially identical. I have installed fixpax 15, WR_8423, WR_8425, and IP_8414. I have settings for ibmlan.ini and protocol.ini the same on both machines. Both machines have a folder shared with the same permissions. When I connect to machine1 via the windows network, I am prompted to enter user name and password - which I do and all works fine. When I connect to Machine2 I get no prompt for username and password and a lt of times I get the blasted too many connections error. Where else can I look to...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com ...

SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"
Hello, I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. Many thanks and kind regards, Jens gte477k <jens.schroeder@gmx.ch> writes: > Hello, > > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. > > Many thanks and kind regards, Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. A trial...

Windows Server 2003 Network Types?
Hi there, currently i am doing a reserach on the Microsoft Windows Server 2003. I was wondering if anyone could help me to find what are the types of networks that the Windows 2003 Server can manage. If anyone could suggest me some websites to go to, i would really appreciate it. I would like to know how these network diagrams look like. Thanks in advance for those who helped me find the websites. Please let me know the website URLs as i need to reference these findings. Thanks! Regards, Jess Hi Mr jesspreet: I think you should be very precise as I dont seem to understand what ...

Windows Server 2003 Network Types?
Hi there, currently i am doing a reserach on the Microsoft Windows Server 2003. I was wondering if anyone could help me to find what are the types of networks that the Windows 2003 Server can manage. If anyone could suggest me some websites to go to, i would really appreciate it. I would like to know how these network diagrams look like. Thanks in advance for those who helped me find the websites. Please let me know the website URLs as i need to reference these findings. Thanks! Regards, Jess jesswess82@hotmail.com (jespreet) wrote in message news:<837add1a.0404250420.30bc0afe...

Web resources about - Network Performance Problems with Dominos Web Server on Windows 2003 - comp.os.ms-windows.networking

Bull's Bullion S server sets performance record
Bullion, high-end servers from Atos' technology brand Bull, has set a new global record in performance, the company has announced. The record ...

Vanessa Hudgens gave an incredible performance in 'Grease: Live' hours after her dad died
... Live" hours after her dad died, announcing on Twitter that she was performing in her dad's honor. Twitter erupted with praise after her performance. ...

Performance Food Group Co (PFGC) Upgraded to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
Performance Food Group Co (NASDAQ:PFGC) was upgraded by Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a research report ...

Kaley Cuoco Makes an Awesome Britney Spears During 'Slave 4 U' Performance on 'Lip Sync Battle'
Kaley Cuoco Makes an Awesome Britney Spears During 'Slave 4 U' Performance on 'Lip Sync Battle'

Vanessa Hudgens' father dies of cancer, actress dedicates Grease: Live performance to him - EW.com
Vanessa Hudgens announced Sunday that her father, Greg, has died of cancer. “I am so sad to say that last night my daddy, Greg passed away from... ...

Toshiba Convertible Laptop: Good Performance, Few Flaws
PRODUCT REVIEW: This is a competitive laptop/tablet with plenty of horsepower and storage, good ease of use, responsiveness, and relatively few ...

CybertronPC Launches New CLX Line Of Luxury, High Performance Desktop And Mobile PCs
ongtime Kansas-based system builder, CybertronPC, just announced that it is launching a new line of custom PCs under the brand CLX. The CLX moniker ...

Keke Palmer Shares Emotional Instagram Post Ahead Of ‘Grease: Live’ Performance
... was very excited about the live musical. The peak of that excitement happened on Sunday when just a few hours before the live musical performance ...

This Is An All-Wheel Drive Performance Wagon Skoda Style
It has 280 pound-feet of torque, 20.8 cubic feet of space, four driven wheels. That Skoda’s new Octavia vRS 4x4 in a nutshell. Read more... ...