Printer interface - how to detect printer errors?

My application prints to an image printer that prints 4x6 prints. The
printer driver is installed and working correctly. The windows print
queue detects out of paper errors etc. How can I do that from my
application?

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks!
comp.windows.tools.mfc 1371 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification, FindNextPrinterChangeNotification
et al.

Christian

<njmedic2669@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My application prints to an image printer that prints 4x6 prints.
> The
> printer driver is installed and working correctly. The windows print
> queue detects out of paper errors etc. How can I do that from my
> application?
>
> Any help would be fantastic.
>
> Thanks!

0
Christian

Win32::Printer -> override the window printer window
Hello, I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer, without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::Printer module? Dave diavolo-verde@libero.it wrote: > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer, > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::Printer module? What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::Printer, searching specifically for words like "default printer"? Paul Lalli Paul Lalli ha scritto: > diavolo-verde@libero.it wrote: > > > I my application I would like to...

SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer error
SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : Network name not found) Printer is installed and connected. It's working. Please help On Sep 9, 9:03=A0am, "M Mordkovych" <mmordk1_no_spam_...@verizon.net> wrote: > SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error : > > Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error : > Network name not found) > > Printer is installed and connected. It's working. > > Please help I've had ...

printer error message when install axis printer
Printer Colon File /usr/lpd/pio/predef//printer.asc not present i dont have that file too.. i have found this but cant get any hint.. http://nscp.upenn.edu/aix4.3html/aixbman/printrgd/prt_colon_file.htm thanks Can you try to overwrite install bos.rte.printers and printers.rte from the AIX install media? "yls177" <yls177@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c06e4d68.0405231928.a76e78@posting.google.com... > Printer Colon File /usr/lpd/pio/predef//printer.asc not present > > i dont have that file too.. > > i have found this but cant get any hint.. > http://...

Printer Ink

Creating a generic printer interface (encapsulating a printer driver)?
I would like to enable a system to basically accept any type of printer (well, within limits, as it is a POS). As such, I would like to encapsulate the printer driver's specific API and expose a generic one (effectively mediating between the driver and the application). This was the application only has to know one type of interface and printers can be switched at will. Of course one would have to write a pice of glue to encapsulate the specific driver, but I hope with sufficient insentive the manufacture might do that. So: - Is this a good design/idea? - What would a "...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

A printer attached to Windows report printer faulted printing
Does anybody knows how to solve this error? The output below is from a printer attached to an Windows Server root@sapunx10 # lpstat -p BAPRIP01 printer BAPRIP01 faulted printing BAPRIP01-0. enabled since Dec 28 11:03 2006. available. Windows NT LPD Server Printer BAPRIP01 Owner Status Jobname Job-Id Size Pages Priority ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- root (10.0. Waiting /etc/apache/httpd-s 1326 9402 0 1 cbpadm (10. Waiting /usr/sap/CBP/D01/da 240...

Windows shared printer not listed under "Printer Model"
I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to print to it from OS X 10.4. The problem is that the printer model is not listed under the HP printers. If I hook up the printer directly to my mac I can print without any problems. What should I select in the list of printer models? Is there a way to install a driver that will add my printer model to the list? Thanks, Nathan Nathan Funk wrote: > I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to > print to it from OS X 10.4. > > The problem is that the printer model...

Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can - http://CannotDeleteFile.net LONG PATH Tool
Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can - http://CannotDeleteFile.net LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long error Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename too long error. Just browse to the file and press a button to copy or detele it, thats it! The application solves the problem with inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths in Explorer. They could be created by virus/adware/Mac OS/other software. Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore can't ...

Cannot connect to printers via "Search For Printers" in Windows 2000
When I do a Start-Search-For Printers and try to right-click and connect to the printer the endusers aren't able to connect. As a domain administrator I don't have this problem. However, if the enduser goes to start-settings-printers-add printer they CAN connect to the printers. Anyone have any idea what is causing this problem. All of our printers have been successfully listed in the Active Directory. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. ...

lpstat or enq Printer Status on Remote Printers on Windows 2000 Print Server
OS: AIX 5.1 Can someone explain why either the lpstat or enq set of status commands display the following way? The pr1-pcl and pr1-ps queues are remote printers that are on a Windows 2000 print server that is running "Print Services for UNIX." Specifcally, what are the lines with the Unknown value Files field? These line are always present and never go away even when the print queue is empty. ________________________________________________________________________________ Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- -------...

Web resources about - Printer interface - how to detect printer errors? - comp.windows.tools.mfc

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
... especially for longtime users of the app like me. Fortunately, here comes version 7.0 of the app to the rescue with a handful of welcome interface ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
... we showed you Dragon Drive , the voice-activation system that's now included in BMW's 7 Series. That's not the only advanced user interface ...

Firefox 43 adds new block list, updates Android user interface
Mozilla has rolled out Firefox 43 FINAL for Windows, Mac and Linux, with Firefox 43 for Android due to follow imminently. The desktop build ...

Samsung Shows Off New Smart Remote and Interface for Their Smart TVs
... hubs in 2016. On top of extensive smart home control by way of SmartThings , the company’s line of smart TVs will also be getting a user interface ...

IDG Contributor Network: Post-acquisition, LastPass rolls out new version with more user interface bling ...
... exists, revenue streams are sure to eventuate. The new version of LastPass, imaginatively called LastPass 4.0, has an entirely new user interface ...

Android’s design guru says iPhone interface is ‘heavy and burdensome’
The arrival of the original iPhone may have fundamentally changed Google’s plans for its Android smartphone platform, but according to Google’s ...

Sling TV Plans New Interface And Guide That Predicts What Users Want
... Sling CEO Roger Lynch says that the service won’t hike the price this year. He also said that later this quarter it will roll out a new interface, ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...