How to get function Name against function address of vtable?

Hello,

I need to call the co-class function by reading its address from
vtable of COM exposed interface methods. I need some generic way to
read addresses.

Now I need to call the function, which would have specific address(NOT
KNOWN) arguments(parameters) which I have collected from TLB, and name
as well. How that address corresponds to that function name to which I
am going to call.

For this I need to traverse vtable which is holding functional
addresses, LASTLY need to correspond function address with NAME of
that function. This is I dont know. How? More over one function with
the same name may appear in vtable(Overloading case). In that case we
need to distinguish function names w.r.t their addresses. How to
tackle ?

Regards
Usman
0
glitteringsounds
3/12/2010 10:30:27 AM
comp.os.programmer.win32 14436 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

FAQ - Etiquette
There are several FAQs about the Oracle database scattered around the Internet, and many ways of finding answers to the simpler questions about Oracle very quickly. The following list is a suggestion of where you might find answers to questions that you feel should have an easy answer. The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The archive for this news group http://www.google.com select the GROUPS tab then work through the list to comp -> databases -> oracle A search engine for searching the manuals for current versions...

Kmail Address Book
I installed Kmail 1.7.2 from Linspire CNR. I set up Kmail and everything looks fine and I can send and receive mail - Except - I can not access the Address Book. In fact, under the "Tools" menu tab, "Address Book" "Certificate Manager, "GNU Log Viewer" and Import Messages are all grayed out. Anyone know how to fix? Is this a faulty install, conflict with the Mozilla email program (which I am not running concurrently with Kmail) or a possible conflict with an old SuSE 9.1 on a different hard drive? Any fix suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I di...

How to get a vendor to listen to you
I don't know how much of this is true or just conjecture, but it does paint an interesting picture about how to get support for a platform, despite political repercussions. Yousuf Khan http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12797 ...

exportfig() function's incorrect behavior.
Hello users, Here is my problem. I am using the exportfig() function to save a figure window in eps2 format. The figure window contains a 3x3 arrangement of subplots where the subplots with indices (3,3,1) and (3,3,7) have two modified color schemes different than the figure window's default. Although all is originally fine and as intended on the figure window, as exportfig() is executing the (3,3,1) and (3,3,7) subplots' color schemes go back to the default and the generated eps file has a uniform color scheme which is not what I intended to do. Any idea why this is happening and ...

Spammer getting through my NAT router?
I have a home network that I thought was pretty secure. It uses an old Macintosh running the NAT program IPNetRouter. Sometimes I use the FTP or web server function of IPNetRouter, but fortunately no one writes viruses for old out–of-date Macs these days and I have never had a problem. These are currently turned off. I am upstairs running Windows XP with ZoneAlarm Pro (mostly to check for anything I don’t know about going out). I was surprised to find a few rare cases of ICMP packets coming in from the outside and reaching my PC. Most of these were responses to pings initi...

Re: Log file name with current date #4
Hi Alex, In the previous post below it shows you how you can get time chronology in directory sortable order by having yyyymmddhhmmss as decending units of measure for the timestamp in your filename. see: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0903C&L=sas-l&P=R32899 Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Investment Business Intelligence Investment Management & Research Russell Investments 253-439-2367 Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing > From: Alex S > Subject: Log file name with current date > > Hi All, > I want to add current date val...

Calling functions dynamically
Hi, I've written an application in C# that needs to be converted to VB6. It's all pretty straight-forward, except I have a method in a base class that is inherited into all derived classes that first checks to see if a method exists in the instantiated object, and if so, calls it. The C# code looks something like this: string methodName = "myMethod"; MethodInfo method = currentObject.GetType().GetMethod(methodName); if (method != null) // The method exists, fire it { object result = method.Invoke(o, null); Console.WriteLine(methodName + " = " + resul...

What's the name of this box
Once i was young, i had ORIC 1 and the ATMOS. I have an external box plug in the ORIC with a button which allow me to break in games or software and dump the image on tape? Please can you tell me the name of it? NMI BOX? I am writing in ... I am french Thanks for your kind reply (merci) http://www.metagames-fr.com Hi I would have said same for me. I just saw this box once and it was home made. I looked at the chips and the reference were erased. You hooked the box in the expansion port with a small cable. One the game was loaded, you pressed a button and you'll have ...

How to get combinations of a matrix
hello, I have R=[ 0 1 1 0 ] means 2 number are there and 4 places in R. I need 16 different R combinations. can anyone help me??? Thanks Ankur Ankur Garg wrote: > > > hello, > > I have R=[ 0 1 1 0 ] > means 2 number are there and 4 places in R. > > I need 16 different R combinations. > > can anyone help me??? > > Thanks > Ankur I'm not sure if I've understood your assignment properly, but this gives an interesting output that might be sort of what you want. str2num(reshape([reshape(dec2bin(0:15)',1,64); char(ones(1,64)*32)],8,16)') ...

How could I get two desktop Macs in two apartments of the same building to share the same contents?
How could I get two desktop Macs in two apartments of the same building to share the same contents, so that if I change the contents of one computer, the changes are reflected in the other computer? I would be the only person operating the computers. In both apartments I want to operate printers connected to the desktop Macs. I have an Airport Extreme and an Airport Express already hooked up to my existing Mac, so I'm wondering how I could extend my network into the second apartment, which is in a different apartment of the same building. Robert On 2013-03-18, Robert Montgo...

Calling a c function from ruby?
I'm having trouble calling a c function from ruby and haven't been able to find a solution using google. Specifically, I'd like to call functions that receive these three datatypes: char* char*[] byte[] Swig 1.3 has been great in helping me call a c++ function that uses a std::string parameter but the 3 c datatypes mentioned above are eluding me. Thanks. Well in C you only get VALUE. To get a char*, you use rb_str2cstr() to get the string and its length: myfunc(VALUE v) { char* pc = rb_str2cstr(v,NULL); } To get a char*[], you need to walk the array (passed in VALU...

Get the pid of a os.startfile(filename)
Hi to all, How can I get the Process ID (PID) of an application started because of os.startfile(filename)? Or, better, How can I get the PID of a running program, suposing I know the name of the running application? Many thanks. Daniel Hi ! With W2K or WXP : tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq exename.exe" And, with Python, how capture this information : def findPID(exename): import os a = os.popen4('tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq '+exename+'"') a[0].flush() try: info=a[1].readlines()[3].split() except: info=[exename...

I Keep Getting and "unknown database" error when I open my program that is using Flashfiler
Hi, I have been using AccuEvents for my entertainment company over the past= 6 years or so. I'm not very good working with this Flashfiler server, so = I try not to make changes. However, due to a problem with one of the compu= ters on my network tried to make changes for the software to work. Now I k= eep getting an "unknown database" error when I open up the software after I= 've started the server. I have gone both thru the tcpi/int and single serv= er steps, but it keeps coming back with "unknown database". Can someone he= lp me solve this? Al...

finding package name of a symbol at execution time
Hi - In the quest of writing some debug print functions I am trying to find out the package in which a given symbol (of a function) is defined in... I currently only get the current package I am *using* the symbol in. Code used so far: (format *debug-io* "~&*** ~A [ PKG ~A, FN ~A ( ~A ) ]~&" msg-class (package-name *package*) method method-desc) Oh - just a thought: if I do this as a macro at compile and load-time ... Let's see (hacking away in other Emacs buffer) - Any ideas? Thx! Frank -- Frank Goenninger frgo(at)mac(dot)com "Don't ask me!...

What is the regular expression for SAS format name?
Hi All, Does anyone can show me a right regular expression for all kinds of SAS format names or tell me where I can find it? Thanks a lot. LZ lzhang9830@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi All, > Does anyone can show me a right regular expression for all kinds of > SAS format names or tell me where I can find it? Thanks a lot. > > LZ You could try support.sas.com and click on the "documentation" link in the upper right. This will take you to a page where you can view the Sas On-Line Documentation manuals. You will find all the formats listed under "Base&quo...

sort and get index?
In matlab, the sort function returns two things: [a,b]=sort([5, 8, 7]) a = 5 7 8 b = 1 3 2 where a is the sorted result, and b is the corresponding index. Is there C++ code available to achieve this? Better compatible with STL vector. Thanks "b83503104" <b83503104@yahoo.com> wrote... > In matlab, the sort function returns two things: > > [a,b]=sort([5, 8, 7]) > > a = 5 7 8 > b = 1 3 2 > > where a is the sorted result, and b is the corresponding index. > Is there C++ code available to achieve this? Probably. You co...

difference between chan gets / gets
Hi ! What difference between command chan gets and gets, chan puts and puts ? Many thanks ! serge_darin@mail.ru <serge_darin@mail.ru> wrote: > What difference between command chan gets and gets, chan puts and > puts ? They are supposed to be the same. puts is here for compatibility (and for those too lazy to write those extra 5 chars, like me), whereas chan is an attempt to have related functionality together in a single command. If you're old to tcl, you'll likely be used to top-level "puts", whereas if you're new to tcl, you're more likely to memo...

How to return variables from functions
Hello, I have written a function: function [L,U,t]=my_function(A). So L,U,t should be the output parametres. L and U are matrices, t is a scale. When I use my function it only returns t and L (but L as 'ans' only). How can I return those variables properly? Cheers Sma. "Alex " <smasal.here.no.spamplease@mail.com> wrote in message news:fhqstn$j7d$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I have written a function: > > function [L,U,t]=my_function(A). > > So L,U,t should be the output parametres. > > L and U are matrices, t is a scale. >...

selecting elements of an array valued function
Hello, I am trying to use array-valued functions for the first time, and I have a problem. I would like to directly call an element from the results of the function, and I can't figure out the syntax. I have a rank-3 array valued function called dimensions() and I send it some derived data called panels. So I have the statement: dimensions(panels) Now, what if I want to specify the first element of this array? dimensions(panels)(1) isn't working and I've tried a few other permutations with parentheses and such. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Thanks, Be...

Cannot get PiCTeX to process an example file.
Hi All, I bought the PiCTeX manual from PCTeX and copied the LaTeX code (see below) from page 71 of the manual. I guarantee there are no typos in my copying. I also bought the LaTeX CD from TeXnicCenter and use PiCTeX which came on that CD. When I run the code below through the LaTeX compiler from TeXnicCenter I get the errors: ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> \fiverm l.2566 \setplotsymbol({\fiverm .}) ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> \fiverm l.3102 \setshadesymbol ({\fiverm .}) ! Undefined control sequence. \ninepoint I have used TeXnicCent...

Question about transfer functions
I estimated a transfer function(hopefully) through blind deconvolution. This was calculated using a distorted original signal and a reference signal both of length 68000 samples. Now in the end the transfer function is 68000 samples as well. I want to deconvolve the original signal with this. But i have 68000 samples. How do i make more sense out of these samples to get about the actual deconvolution process? ...

getting rid of a while(1) "poll"
Typical problem where a while(1) consumes gobs of CPU. Not as straightforward (to me) to figure out how to replace it with something more CPU friendly. The overall system has three daemons: 1) suck_packets_d 2) first_order_packet_filter_and_packet_buffer_d 3) extract_interesting_packet_features_and_generate_report_d Using some sort of blocking calls in 1) or 2) seems like a bad idea, because packet volume can be high and I want to keep up with it as much as possible. I could use some help thinking this through if anyone is so inclined. C / Linux pseudocode for daemon (2) (biggest ...

[telecom] Woman allegedly records own arrest, gets accused of wiretapping
Woman allegedly records own arrest, gets accused of wiretapping Massachusetts wiretapping law prohibits secretly recording police. by David Kravets May 11 2014 Ars Technica A Massachusetts woman faces charges of allegedly using a hidden mobile phone to audio-record her own suspicion-of-disorderly-conduct arrest. .... http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/woman-allegedly-records-own-arrest-gets-accused-of-wiretapping/ Per Monty Solomon: >Massachusetts wiretapping law prohibits secretly recording police. Can somebody explain the rationale for such laws? -- P...

Protocol Action: 'DNS Name Server Identifier Option (NSID)' to Proposed Standard
The IESG has approved the following document: - 'DNS Name Server Identifier Option (NSID) ' <draft-ietf-dnsext-nsid-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko. A URL of this Internet-Draft is: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-nsid-02.txt Technical Summary In order to be able to identify certain nameservers in a DNS anycast cloud clients querying nameservers in that cloud can add an EDNS OPT pseudo RR that signals ...

Accessing Parameters in C-S-Functions
Hello all! I want to create a C-S-Function which is supposed to use a Block-Parameter. Unfortunatly I have no experience using Parameters in C-S-Functions. Does anyone know how a Paramter is defined and accessed in a C-S-Function? Thanks a lot! PS: I am aware of that I am posting a C-related question in a MATLAB-forum. But as I use C for building S-Functions in MATLAB, I think it's legitimate to pose such a question here. Assuming you are starting with the template, look for the line: ssSetNumSFcnParams(S, 0); /* Number of expected parameters */ Change the 2nd input to the...