f



how to use the font "Arial Unicode Ms"?

how to use the font "Arial Unicode Ms"?

How print in one edit sub-windows not rich edit,

the char in 021d2h?




0
io_x
7/30/2010 7:24:57 AM
comp.os.programmer.win32 14522 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

12 Replies
1641 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

On 30-Jul-10 9:28 AM, io_x wrote:
> how to use the font "Arial Unicode Ms"?
>
> How print in one edit sub-windows not rich edit,
>
> the char in 021d2h?


Look up "Unicode enabled functions" in the MSDN, and how to enable them 
with your compiler.

[Jw]
0
Jongware
7/30/2010 8:19:42 AM
"Jongware" <jongware@no-spam.plz> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:4c528b26$0$22945$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> On 30-Jul-10 9:28 AM, io_x wrote:
>> how to use the font "Arial Unicode Ms"?
>>
>> How print in one edit sub-windows not rich edit,
>>
>> the char in 021d2h?
>
>
> Look up "Unicode enabled functions" in the MSDN, and how to enable them with
> your compiler.
>
> [Jw]

yes thank you, all right now,
i forget to change each of *A OS function with *W function


0
io_x
7/30/2010 4:24:47 PM
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:4c52facb$0$18657$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
> yes thank you, all right now,
> i forget to change each of *A OS function with *W function

and how change the color of text in a edit sub-window?

is it possible assign the color to the font
or to each edit sub-window is need to set the color of text
and the color of background?
what function to use? are there some examples?
i think could be
GDI32.SelectObject(hdc, hfont)
GDI32.SetBkColor()

is it possible doing all that without use TextOut?




0
io_x
7/31/2010 5:40:57 PM
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio 
news:4c545db6$0$18658$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>
> "io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:4c52facb$0$18657$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>> yes thank you, all right now,
>> i forget to change each of *A OS function with *W function
>
> and how change the color of text in a edit sub-window?
>
> is it possible assign the color to the font
> or to each edit sub-window is need to set the color of text
> and the color of background?
> what function to use? are there some examples?
> i think could be
> GDI32.SelectObject(hdc, hfont)
> GDI32.SetBkColor()
>
> is it possible doing all that without use TextOut?

yes i have to use TextOut[Ext] for unicode, i think
not will be one problem


0
io_x
7/31/2010 6:45:44 PM
Am 31.07.2010 19:40, schrieb io_x:
> "io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:4c52facb$0$18657$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>> yes thank you, all right now,
>> i forget to change each of *A OS function with *W function
> 
> and how change the color of text in a edit sub-window?

You need to handle WM_CTLCOLOREDIT.
-- 
www.TimoSoft-Software.de - Unicode controls for VB6
"Those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither."
"Demokratie ist per Definition unsicher. Ihr Schutz entsteht aus der
Überzeugung, dass die demokratischen Kräfte überwiegen und sich – auf
demokratischem Wege – durchsetzen."
0
Timo
7/31/2010 8:07:39 PM
"Timo Kunze" <TKunze71216@gmx.de> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:i31vq6$9bi$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> Am 31.07.2010 19:40, schrieb io_x:
>> "io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:4c52facb$0$18657$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>>> yes thank you, all right now,
>>> i forget to change each of *A OS function with *W function
>>
>> and how change the color of text in a edit sub-window?
>
> You need to handle WM_CTLCOLOREDIT.

thank you it is ok

but how identify the edit windows to whom it is direct?
i have the ID of the dialog box edit subwindow...
what about use
HWND GetDlgItem(
    HWND hDlg, // handle of dialog box
    int nIDDlgItem  // identifier of control
   );
for build one array of HWNDs
and when the WM_CTLCOLOREDIT [or better WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
] is raised use that array for know the number ID from the HDWN of
the edit window?

it seems WM_CTLCOLOREDIT is send 2 times for each edit window
why?
but why it has to return the brush handle?

i change the color of bkground and text in only one WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
message, it is all right i return in eax only the bkground brush?

than the first edit window is select when the program run
how to do: "no sub edit window select"? [ pheraps i have to see
if i check the "tab stop" item when run the windows IDE builder]

> -- 
> www.TimoSoft-Software.de - Unicode controls for VB6
> "Those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither."
> "Demokratie ist per Definition unsicher. Ihr Schutz entsteht aus der
> �berzeugung, dass die demokratischen Kr�fte �berwiegen und sich - auf
> demokratischem Wege - durchsetzen."




0
io_x
8/2/2010 6:54:35 AM
Am 02.08.2010 09:01, schrieb io_x:
> it seems WM_CTLCOLOREDIT is send 2 times for each edit window
> why?

It is sent whenever the edit window is drawn.

> but why it has to return the brush handle?

Because this brush is used to draw the control's background.

> i change the color of bkground and text in only one WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC

WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC is used when the control is read-only or disabled.

Timo
-- 
www.TimoSoft-Software.de - Unicode controls for VB6
"Those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither."
"Demokratie ist per Definition unsicher. Ihr Schutz entsteht aus der
Überzeugung, dass die demokratischen Kräfte überwiegen und sich – auf
demokratischem Wege – durchsetzen."
0
Timo
8/2/2010 8:34:53 AM
"Timo Kunze" <TKunze71216@gmx.de> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:i35vv9$5od$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> Am 02.08.2010 09:01, schrieb io_x:
>> it seems WM_CTLCOLOREDIT is send 2 times for each edit window
>> why?
>
> It is sent whenever the edit window is drawn.
>
>> but why it has to return the brush handle?
>
> Because this brush is used to draw the control's background.
>
>> i change the color of bkground and text in only one WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
>
> WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC is used when the control is read-only or disabled.
>
> Timo

thank you
the problem was only paint one chess board and a function
for write pieces in it

; Bianchi+4*Npezzo == indirizzo di stampa
;             1   1     1  1
Bianchi db  020h, 0,    0, 0  ; Spazio  B  0    0    0
        db  054h, 026h, 0, 0  ; Re      B  1    1    1
        db  055h, 026h, 0, 0  ; Regina  B  2   10    2
        db  056h, 026h, 0, 0  ; Torre   B  3   11    3
        db  057h, 026h, 0, 0  ; Alfiere B  4  100    4
        db  058h, 026h, 0, 0  ; Cavallo B  5  101    5
        db  059h, 026h, 0, 0  ; Pedina  B  6  110    6
        db  020h, 0,    0, 0  ; Spazio  B  7  111    7
Neri    db  020h, 0,    0, 0  ; Spazio  N  8 1000    8
        db  05Ah, 026h, 0, 0  ; Re      N  9 1001    9
        db  05Bh, 026h, 0, 0  ; Regina  N 10 1010    A
        db  05Ch, 026h, 0, 0  ; Torre   N 11 1011    B
        db  05Dh, 026h, 0, 0  ; Alfiere N 12 1100    C
        db  05Eh, 026h, 0, 0  ; Cavallo N 13 1101    D
        db  05Fh, 026h, 0, 0  ; Pedina  N 14 1110    E
        db  020h, 0,    0, 0  ; Spazio  N 15 1111    F

section       BSS
CaselleH      resd   64  ; handle delle caselle come finestra
CaselleBk     resd   64  ; il colore Bk delle caselle
CaselleFg     resd   64  ; il colore Fg delle caselle
CaselleCh     resd  128  ; il carattere nelle caslle

section TEXT

; Arial Unicode MS U+2654
; Meiryo U+265f
; Meiryo U+2655
; MS Mincho U+2655
; MS Segoe UI Symbol

<<  ID_MAINDIALOG=300
align  4
Main:
    *hInstance=GetModuleHandleW(0)
    ;iint3
    < "Unicode"
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  &DEFAULT_CHARSET
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  16
    <  32
    CreateFontW()|*hrfont=a
    a==0#.10
    < "Unicode"
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    < &DEFAULT_CHARSET
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  0
    <  16
    <  32
    CreateFontW()|*hrfont2=a
    a==0#.10
    CreateSolidBrush(0646464h)|a==0#.10|*BrushBkCaselleNere   =a    ; e' un tipo
di grigio
    CreateSolidBrush(0FFFFFFh)|a==0#.10|*BrushBkCaselleBianche=a

    DialogBoxParamW(D[hInstance], ID_MAINDIALOG, 0, MainDialogProc, 0)
..1:
..10:  a=*hrfont2 |a==0#.1a|DeleteObject(a)
..1a:  a=*hrfont  |a==0#.1b|DeleteObject(a)  ; errore se ritorna 0
      ;iint3
..1b:  a=*BrushBkCaselleNere   |a==0#.1c|DeleteObject(a)
..1c:  a=*BrushBkCaselleBianche|a==0#.a |DeleteObject(a)
..a:
    a=*uscita
..2: ExitProcess(a)
ret

<< MD_RED=1090
<< MD_ED0=1000
<< MD_BTN_ON_BIACO_NERO  =1068
<< MD_BTN_ON_BIACO_BIANCO=1069
<< MD_BTN_ON_NERO_NERO   =1071
<< MD_BTN_ON_NERO_BIANCO =1070

; casele==0..63==ID 1000..1063
; A..H==1091..1098 [caselle statiche]
; 1..8==1099..1106 [caselle statiche]

;  0Ra, 4HDlg, 8Message, 12wParam, 16lParam +32
; 32  ,36    ,40       , 44      , 48
align  4
MainDialogProc:
pushad
s-=1024
<< hDlg=1060, Message=1064, wParam=1068, lParam=1072
    r=^Message|i=^hDlg
    r==&WM_COMMAND!#.1
        a=^wParam
        ^lParam==0#.3
        r=^wParam |shr edx 16
        dx==&BN_CLICKED!#.3
           r=^lParam|MD_ButtonClick(i, a, r)
           #.4
..1:  ^Message == &WM_INITDIALOG!#.2
         ;iint3
         a=*hrfont|j=a|k=0
..11:     a=&*k+MD_ED0
         SendDlgItemMessageW(i, a, &WM_SETFONT, j, 0)
         ++k|k<=63#.11
..1a:
         j=s|D*s=0|SetDlgItemTextA(i, MD_RED,  j)
         k=0|j=1000
..14:     GetDlgItem(i, j)
         D*CaselleH +k*4=a|a==0#.2b
         D*CaselleFg+k*4=0                  ; il colore del testo e' nero
         a=k|pari()|c==1!#.15|a&1#.17|#.16  ; disegna le caselle Bianche-Nere
..15:                          a&1#.16|#.17
..16:     a=0FFFFFFh|#.18
..17:     a=0646464h
..18:     D*CaselleBk+k*4=a
         D*CaselleCh+k*8=0A03000h  ; carattere 2 spazi
         D*CaselleCh+k*8+4=0       ; tutti i restanti caratteri sono zero
         ++k|++j|k<=63#.14
         k=0
..19:     r=&*CaselleCh+k*8|a=k|a+=1000  ; in a il N.ID
         SetDlgItemTextW(i, a, r)|++k|k<=63#.19
..1b:     #.4
..2:  ^Message  == &WM_CLOSE!#.2c
..2b:        EndDialog(i,0)|#.4
..2c: ^Message == &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC!#.3
         a=^1072|TrovaNCasella()|jnc .21
; se CF==1 disegna le edit non in scacchiera
            a=^1068|SetBkColor(a, 0FFFFFFh)
..20:        s=&*s+1024|popad|a=*BrushBkCaselleBianche|#.z
..21:     k=a  ; in k il numero della casella
         c=*CaselleFg+k*4|a=^wParam|SetTextColor(a, c)
         c=*CaselleBk+k*4|a=^wParam|  SetBkColor(a, c)
         c=*CaselleBk+k*4|c==0FFFFFFh#.20
         s=&*s+1024|popad|a=*BrushBkCaselleNere|#.z
..3:      s=&*s+1024|popad|a=&FALSE|#.z
>> hDlg, Message, wParam, lParam
..4:     s=&*s+1024|popad|a=&TRUE
..z:
ret 16

; parametro in eax
align 4
TrovaNCasella:
    c=0
..1: D*CaselleH+c*4==a#.f
    ++c|c<=63#.1|a=0|stc|#.z
..f: a=c|clc
..z:
ret

; parametro in eax risultato in eax
align 4
DaiHandleCasllaDallID:
    a-=1000|<?#.e|a>63#.e|#.1
..e: a=0|stc|#.z
..1: a=*CaselleH+a*4|clc
..z:
ret


; in eax parametro
; in ecx result
align 4
pari:
    a>63#.e|c=a|#.1
..e: c=0|stc|#.z
..1: c>>=3|c&=1|clc
..z:
ret


; MD_BTN        = 1300
; MD_BTN_DLGFIL = 1302
; int MD_ButtonClick(u32 Handle, u32  Message, u32 lMessage)
; 0k,4j,8i,12b,16Ra, 20P_Handle, 24P_Message, 28P_Lmessage  +2048
;                  2068        2072         2076
align  4
MD_ButtonClick:
<b,i,j,k
s-=2048
<< InpHandle=44, OutHandle=48, KeyHandle=52
     ;iint3
     i=^2068|b=^2072|#.1
         #.9
..1:  b==MD_BTN_ON_BIACO_NERO!#.2
         ;iint3
         c=0Eh|a=1|DisegnaPezzoCasella()
         #.9
..2:  b==MD_BTN_ON_BIACO_BIANCO!#.3
         c=06h|a=1|DisegnaPezzoCasella()
         #.9
..3:  b==MD_BTN_ON_NERO_NERO!#.4
         ;iint3
         c=0Eh|a=0|DisegnaPezzoCasella()
         #.9
..4:  b==MD_BTN_ON_NERO_BIANCO!#.5
         ;iint3
         c=06h|a=0|DisegnaPezzoCasella()
         #.9
..5:
..9:  a=1|clc
..z:
>> InpHandle, OutHandle, KeyHandle
s=&*s+2048
>b,i,j,k
ret 12

; disegnaPezzoCasella(esi:HandleFinestraDialogo, eax:Ncasella, ecx:Npezzo)
; Npezzo:  0<space>, 1<Re>, 2<Regina>, 3<Torre>, 4<Alfiere>, 5<Cavallo>,
6<pedoni> [bianchi]
;          8<space>, 9<Re>, A<Regina>, B<Torre>, C<Alfiere>, D<Cavallo>,
E<pedoni> [NERI]
; se il pezzo e' nero: scrivi nella casella
; se il pezzo e' bianco e la casella e' bianca
;                      scrivi nella casella
; altrimenti se il pezzo e' bianco e la casella e' nera
;         cambia il colore di foregraund della casella
;                e scrivi il corrispondente pezzo nero
align  4
DisegnaPezzoCasella:
     a>63#.z|c>0F#.z  ; gli errori di range
     c<=7#.4          ; se il pezzo e' bianco vai a .4
..1:  r=*Bianchi+c*4   ; qui il pezzo e' nero
     *CaselleCh+a*8=r
     r=&*CaselleCh+a*8 ; in r la stringa da scrivere
     <a
     a+=1000           ; in a id della finestra
     SetDlgItemTextW(i, a, r)
     >a
     ; se la casella e' bianca finisce
     D*CaselleBk+a*4==0FFFFFFh#.z
     ; qui si parla di caselle nere
     D*CaselleFg+a*4=0 ; scrive in Nero
     c=*CaselleH+a*4
     PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)|#.z
..4:  D*CaselleBk+a*4==0FFFFFFh#.1  ; se la casella e' bianca => ".1"
     ; altrimenti: Pezzo Bianco su casella nera
     c|=8  ; trasforma il pezzo da bianco in nero e inverte il colore FG
     r=*Bianchi+c*4
     *CaselleCh+ a*8=r  ; lo salava nella casella
     r=&*CaselleCh+a*8  ; in r la stringa da scrivere
     D*CaselleFg+a*4=0FFFFFFh   ; scrive in Bianco
     <a                 ; salva a==N. casella
     a+=1000            ; in a id della finestra
     SetDlgItemTextW(i, a, r)
     >a
     c=*CaselleH+a*4
     PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)
..z:
ret

is unicode db 020h, 00h, 00h, 00h  is a string space?
or the string space is: db 00h, 020h, 00h, 00h?

but i'm not too much sure of above
"PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...

possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?

here not, the sys send to that message
only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
in "wParam" for the same cell...



0
io_x
8/3/2010 6:04:06 PM
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio 
news:4c5857a0$0$18658$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
> but i'm not too much sure of above
> "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
> it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
> HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...
>
> possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?
>
> here not, the sys send to that message
> only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
> in "wParam" for the same cell...

if nobody answer...
was not "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
so all right here too
if i cancell "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"


0
io_x
8/8/2010 7:53:00 AM
"io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio 
news:4c5e61bb$0$18988$4fafbaef@reader5.news.tin.it...
>
> "io_x" <a@b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio 
> news:4c5857a0$0$18658$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>> but i'm not too much sure of above
>> "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>> it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
>> HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...
>>
>> possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?
>>
>> here not, the sys send to that message
>> only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
>> in "wParam" for the same cell...
>
> if nobody answer...
> was not "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
> that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
> but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
> so all right here too
> if i cancell "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"

and how to select text in the static edit subwindow?
em_setsel? 


0
io_x
8/8/2010 10:07:20 AM
On 08/08/2010 11:07, io_x wrote:
> "io_x"<a@b.c.invalid>  ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:4c5e61bb$0$18988$4fafbaef@reader5.news.tin.it...
>>
>> "io_x"<a@b.c.invalid>  ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:4c5857a0$0$18658$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>>> but i'm not too much sure of above
>>> "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>>> it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
>>> HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...
>>>
>>> possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?
>>>
>>> here not, the sys send to that message
>>> only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
>>> in "wParam" for the same cell...
>>
>> if nobody answer...
>> was not "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>> that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
>> but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
>> so all right here too
>> if i cancell "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"

Sorry, I didn't understand that.
You need to handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC on your window and return the 
colour when asked.

> and how to select text in the static edit subwindow?
> em_setsel?

Is it a static or an edit?
Only an edit allows you to select text.
You just set teh style and colours to match the background.

-- 
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

(Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee
8/9/2010 8:37:36 AM
"Dee Earley" <dee.earley@icode.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:i3oeut$jhl$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> On 08/08/2010 11:07, io_x wrote:
>> "io_x"<a@b.c.invalid>  ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:4c5e61bb$0$18988$4fafbaef@reader5.news.tin.it...
>>>
>>> "io_x"<a@b.c.invalid>  ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> news:4c5857a0$0$18658$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it...
>>>> but i'm not too much sure of above
>>>> "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>>>> it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
>>>> HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...
>>>>
>>>> possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?
>>>>
>>>> here not, the sys send to that message
>>>> only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
>>>> in "wParam" for the same cell...
>>>
>>> if nobody answer...
>>> was not "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>>> that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
>>> but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
>>> so all right here too
>>> if i cancell "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"

> Sorry, I didn't understand that.
> You need to handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC on your window and return the colour when
> asked.

for me is enought that
SetDlgItemTextW()
write in the window and send one WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message too
this could do all i want

the above is not C
is one macro assembly where each Windows OS macro-name (but not function or
struct names only macro-name as WM_PAINT or WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC) result
in a &Name in that assmebly (called RosAsm) as &WM_PAINT and &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC

>> and how to select text in the static edit subwindow?
>> em_setsel?
>
> Is it a static or an edit?
> Only an edit allows you to select text.
> You just set teh style and colours to match the background.

yes i can change the background color when click
using  SetDlgItemTextW()
that post WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message
all ok

> -- 
> Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
>
> iCode Systems
>
> (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
> Please reply to the group.)





0
io_x
8/9/2010 2:53:19 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) Why are there dots used in referring to object members in this case but when referring to controls on forms (for example) one uses "!". Surely there must be somewhere that helps one understand this basic syntax. -- Chris Green Generally, a dot exposes properties and methods and a bang (!) exposes members of a collection. So forms!frmMyForm.Visible refers to the visible property of frmMyForm, which is a member of the forms collection. What makes this harder (or easier, depending on your perspective) to grasp, is that Access has gotten more and more forgiving about using the "wrong" notation. usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:44316bba.0@entanet: > I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains > it properly. > > I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 > about VB and so on....

why "::", not "."
Why does the method of modules use a dot, and the constants a double colon? e.g. Math::PI and Math.cos -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Oct 26, 2010, at 01:48 , Oleg Igor wrote: > Why does the method of modules use a dot, and the constants a double > colon? > e.g. > Math::PI and Math.cos For the same reason why inner-classes/modules use double colon, because = they're constants and that's how you look up via constant namespace. Math::PI and ActiveRecord::Base are the same type of lookup... it is = just that Base is a module and PI is a float....

about "++" and "--"
why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8" the program is: main() { int i=8; printf("%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n",++i,--i,i++,i--,-i++,-i--); } > why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8" Ask your compiler-vendor because this result is IMHO implementation-defined. Check this out: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.15 http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.16 Regards, Irina Marudina fxc123@gmail.com wrote: > why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8&q...

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By c...

Urgent need """""""""""INFORMATICA DEVELOPER"""""""""""""
Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) Data warehousing experience Threading and job concepts in 10g/11g Cost based Optimizer concepts in 10g/11g Must : Experience with XML files and partitioning concepts in Oracle, Collections, Material Views Note : No phone calls please. : send Resumes to karthik@bhaninfo.com Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

when should one use "and" and "or"
Hi All, just got hit w the ff > case > when x==1 or x==2 > print "yeoh!" > end SyntaxError: compile error (irb):17: syntax error, unexpected kOR, expecting kTHEN or ':' or '\n' or ';' when x==1 or x==2 ^ "or" and "and" both exhibit the behaviour in ruby1.8/1.9. workaround 1 put parens around the condition (not again) 2 replace or/and with ||/&& i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. has ruby relegated the use of "and/or"....? best regards -botp On Feb 4, 9:55=A0pm, botp <botp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > just got hit w the ff > > > case > > when x=3D=3D1 or x=3D=3D2 > > =A0 print "yeoh!" > > end x =3D 5 =3D=3D>5 case x when 2,3 p 'no' when 4,5 p 'yes' end "yes" =3D=3D>nil On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM, w_a_x_man <w_a_x_man@yahoo.com> wrote: #> x =3D 5 #> =A0 =A0=3D=3D>5 #> case x #> =A0when 2,3 #> =A0 =A0p 'no' #> =A0when 4,5 #> =A0 =A0p 'yes' #> end of course i know that ;-) im talking about the second type of "case", eg > case > when x.baz and y.foo .... best regards -botp botp wrote: > i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. > has ruby relegated the use ...

Invalid use of "." "!"
In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? Thanks Never mind..... didnt have enough quotation marks. "Learning" <texson552000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DQELg.10308$o42.364@tornado.texas.rr.com... > In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... > this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers > to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed > first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am > getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. > > How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? > > Thanks > > ...

Use "range," not "for"?
Thanks to everyone who suggested ways to get a proc to recognize all variables in the global scope--here's why I wanted to know. (Maybe someone has done this better already--if so, don't hesitate to let me know!) I've found that a simple "foreach" loop fairly often won't do the jobs I want done, and I need to use "for"--ugh! Well, I recently read at least part of a book about Python. It didn't look like an improvement over Tcl for the most part, but it has at least a few good features, one of which is the "range" expression. I thought a "range" procedure in Tcl might be a good substitute for the clumsy "for." So, here's my first effort. Instead of writing this: for {set i 1} {$i<= 10} {incr i} {puts "$i. \"for\" is ugly!"} you can write this: range i 1 to 10 {puts "$i. \"range\" is beautiful!"} Or, if you have a list called "lum," instead of writing this: for {set i 0} {$i < [llength $lum]} {incr i} {puts [lindex $lum $i]} you can write this: range i 0 no [llength $lum] {puts [lindex $lum $i]} To go backward, skipping every other number, instead of this: for {set i 10} {$i >= 0} {incr i -2} {puts $i} you can write this: range i 10 to 0 -2 {puts $i} The usage is pretty obvious: "range var start cutoff end ?incr? body." In other words, (1) the word "range"; (2) a vari...

"Fonts" and "Faces"
Fonts and Faces, Fonts and Faces Each of them having Special Places (to be sung to the tune of "Love and Marriage" in the musical "Our Town"! I just want to anchor down the correct terminology. A "font" is such as Arno Pro and a "face" is, in the context of Arno Pro, "bold" or "italic" or "regular" and so on. So, the question is, am I correct? -- James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@me.com TaliesinSoft wrote: > Fonts and Faces, Fonts and Faces > Each of them having Special Places > > ...

Using "fsolve": How to control iteration using "residuals" and "norm of step"??
Hello Everyone, I am using fsolve to solve a system of linear equations and it&#8217;s working fine. However, I have a coupe of issues: (i) Even when the solution (alpha) converges, I am getting the message to choose a new point. I am guessing that it has to do with &#8220;norm of step&#8221; as probably the code is trying a smaller step. I am using option like this: options = optimset('Jacobian','on', 'algorithm', 'Levenberg-Marquardt','Display','iter-detailed', 'MaxFunEvals', 10000, 'MaxIter', 10000,'TolX'...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"
I just bought a new computer and I re-installed Eudora Light on my new computer. But when I open Eudora, the "In", "Out" and "Trash" links are not on the left side of the screen the way they were on my old computer. How can I get these links back on the left side of the screen? Thank you. On 25 Mar 2007 09:49:22 -0700, "abx" <abfunex@yahoo.com> wrote: >I just bought a new computer and I re-installed Eudora Light on my new >computer. But when I open Eudora, the "In", "Out" and "Trash" links >are ...

"Real OS" vs. "Toy OS"
Over in the 'Best thing about Linux' thread, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > Amazing what using a real OS instead of a toy can do. Given that this opinion is shared by most or all of you Linux weirdos, it must burn you to no end that a "toy" OS (WindowsXP): * can sell 200,000,000 copies - but you have to crow for months when Munich Germany installs just 14,000 * that nearly every PC vendor in the world offers it pre-loaded - but when you ask about Linux over the phone you're met with "Lin what?" or silence or sometimes a click and then silence. * that you're forced to copy the features in the "toy" OS - to lend Linux a veneer of badly needed usability and respectability * that _your_ OS is considered "alternative" - almost like it's an odd subculture * that Linux is often considered a free Windows clone * that Linux apps really are, or try to be, clones of Windows apps * that modern Linux distros often run slower than Windows on the same machine No wonder you're all so hostile and humorless. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:45:28 -0400, DFS wrote: > Over in the 'Best thing about Linux' thread, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > > >> Amazing what using a real OS instead of a toy can do. > > > Given that this opinion is shared by most or all of you Linux weirdos, it > must burn you to no end that a "toy" OS (WindowsXP): > > * can sell 200,000,000 copies - but you ha...

Using "frame -container" and "-use" on Aqua
Hello Tclers, When using Tk 8.5.8 on Aqua, it is not possible to use "-use" to embed a window in a container frame that belongs to another process. X11 does not have this limitation. Is this a missing feature in Tk, or is it a limitation of Aqua or the Carbon framework? Keith. On 5/20/10 7:00 AM, Keith Nash wrote: > Hello Tclers, > > When using Tk 8.5.8 on Aqua, it is not possible to use "-use" to embed a > window in a container frame that belongs to another process. X11 does not > have this limitation. Is this a missing feature in Tk...

*tuple vs tuple example print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),*("a","b","c"))
I have been trying to find documentation on the behavior Can anyone tell me why the first example works and the second doesn't and where I can read about it in the language reference? Steve print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),*("a","b","c")) #works OUTPUT:/var/tmp/a/b/c and print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),("a","b","c")) # doesn't OUTPUT:Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/pyth...

Strange behavior of "use if" (a conditional "use" with the if module)
I have a program with this line of code: use if( $Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/ ), 'Win32::Process::Info'; Perl complains: Too few arguments to `use if' (some code returning an empty list in list context?) at ... However, if I change the regex operator to !~ then Perl is quite happy (the only change is replacing the equals with a bang). Does anyone know why Perl is unhappy with =~ in my "use if" statement thanks! * David Filmer wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc: >I have a program with this line of code: > > use if( $Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/ ), 'Win32::Process::Info'; > >Perl complains: > >Too few arguments to `use if' (some code returning an empty list in list context?) at ... If your osname actually matches /Win/ then you probably forgot to load Config.pm. Otherwise, the expression returns an empty list, so there are no arguments passed, just like the error message says. Use something like `scalar($Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/)` to force a scalar context. -- Bj�rn H�hrmann � mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de � http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Am Badedeich 7 � Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 � http://www.bjoernsworld.de 25899 Dageb�ll � PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 � http://www.websitedev.de/ Quoth David Filmer <usenet@davidfilmer.com>: > I have a program with this line of code: > > use if( $Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/ ), 'Win32::Process::Info'...

When to use "perror" and "fprintf"
Reading the man pages and some code did not really help me in understanding the difference between - or better when I should use - perror("...") and fprintf(stderr, "...") Any hint or help is appreciated. L. Westmeier "L. Westmeier" <westmeier@informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote: > Reading the man pages and some code did not really help me in > understanding the difference between - or better when I should use - > perror("...") and fprintf(stderr, "...") They do rather different things. You use perror() to print a message to...

"my" suppresses "used only once" warnings
Here we see "my" suppresses "used only once" warnings. And I thought "my" was all good. $ perl -we 'use diagnostics; $g=1; my $h=2;' Name "main::g" used only once: possible typo at -e line 1 (#1) (W once) Typographical errors often show up as unique variable names. If you had a good reason for having a unique name, then just mention it again somehow to suppress the message. The our declaration is provided for this purpose. NOTE: This warning detects symbols that have been used only once so $c, @c, %c, *c, &c, sub c{...

Using "If" and "NDSolve" together
Hello! I have a tricky job to do: I want to simulate something, and want to assign a value to a variable under certain conditions. Those are, if time is within a certain interval, I want that variable to have that value. Otherwise, I want it to have other value. Until now, I have been trying to use the following command: Funcao[first_, last_] := Plot[A[t] /. NDSolve[ {A'[t] == k0 A0 - k1 A[t], B'[t] == k1 A[t] - k2 B[t], C'[t] == k2 B[t] - k3 C[t], A[0] == 2 10^-6, B[0] == 0, C[0] == 0} /. k0 -> 10^-2 /. k1 -> 10^-5 /. k2 -&g...

"between" is using index but "like" is not
I have a table with a text column and I'd like to find entries matching "pattern*" in that column. When using a between i get: sd=> explain analyze select id,name, shortname from tr where shortname between 'Run_' and 'RunZ'; QUERY PLAN ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Index Scan using tr_shortname_idx on traces (cost=0.00.....

help with "timefmt" and "using"...
Hi, is it possible to plot a data file like the following fragment without rebuild the archive? #DATE TIME-BEG TIME-END VALUE 7/03/2001 15:15:00 16:15:00 40115 7/03/2001 16:15:00 17:15:00 39960 7/03/2001 17:15:00 18:15:00 39990 8/03/2001 09:15:00 10:15:00 39985 8/03/2001 10:15:00 11:15:00 39855 8/03/2001 11:15:00 12:15:00 40310 I need to use as X data the 1st and the 3th columns, Y the last. I've spent a lot of time to try but with no result... Thanks a lot!!! Ciao, Francesco. Francesco <odiolaspam@tin.it> wrote: > Hi, > is it possible to plot a data file like the following fragment > without rebuild the archive? Sort of. You'll have to filter the file, but you can do that on-the-fly if you're on Unix or something sufficiently like it: plot '< awk "{print $1,$3,$4}" datafile' using 1:3 For other than timefmt data, that wouldn't be so much of a hassle, but unfortunately, the strptime() function that is the bases of 'set timefmt' offers no way of ignoring parts of the input. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain. On 23 Oct 2003 09:01:23 GMT, Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker@physik.rwth- aachen.de> wrote: > if you're on Unix or something sufficiently like it: > > plot '< awk "{print $1,$3,$4}" datafile' using 1:3 > > For other than timefmt data...

More "slopware" for the "hobby OS?"
http://www.scienceprog.com/kontrollerlab-ide-development-software-for-avr-under-linux/ http://tinyurl.com/4lprxz Nobody <invalid@invalid.com> writes: > http://www.scienceprog.com/kontrollerlab-ide-development-software-for-avr-under-linux/ > > http://tinyurl.com/4lprxz Seriously, are you retarded? What on earth is that supposed to prove? YOu might as well post a link to emacs/postgres/apache etc. Why post a link to some advert infested crap site when it also exists, in a far better implementation for the OS you pretend to despise : Windows. You ARE gortard and I claim my 5 dollars. -- A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0 (Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-hw@comcast.com> Hadron wrote: > Nobody <invalid@invalid.com> writes: > >> http://www.scienceprog.com/kontrollerlab-ide-development-software-for-avr-under-linux/ >> >> http://tinyurl.com/4lprxz > > Seriously, are you retarded? > > What on earth is that supposed to prove? It proves you're no Linux advocate at very least. It only took four minutes from the time I posted a link to Linux software for you to attack and insult me. > YOu might as well post a link to emacs/postgres/apache etc. As if any of those are the same as the software I pointed out! > Why post a li...

When to use "INT" or "int"?
In windef.h there is a type definition typedef int INT; Windows itself uses both types. For example, in the declaration of SetSysColors: BOOL WINAPI SetSysColors( int cElements, // number of elements to change CONST INT *lpaElements, // address of array of elements CONST COLORREF *lpaRgbValues // address of array of RGB values ); Then I have a question: What is the consideration beneath the choice of using either "int" or "INT"? In this case, why cElements should better be declared as "int&...

Urgent JAVA Requirement in """"""NEW YORK"""""""""
Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Web resources about - how to use the font "Arial Unicode Ms"? - comp.os.programmer.win32

Resources last updated: 3/21/2016 7:54:51 PM