can either windows 2000 Pro or Windows Xp Pro handle different language user interfaces?

Hello,

I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need
English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces.

Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ?
Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different
language for each user created ?

Please explain me what I need.

Thanks,

Mario
0
mandm
8/14/2003 5:10:28 PM
comp.os.ms-windows 557 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I think there is a software tool from Microsoft, which can translate the
dialogs. The system self will be english, but you can set all dialogs to
another language. I know that this tool is available, but I'm not sure if
it's from Microsoft or from a 3. party company.
Hope this helps a little bit.

Greets
Stefan

"Mario" <mandm@flashnet.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello,
>
> I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need
> English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces.
>
> Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ?
> Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different
> language for each user created ?
>
> Please explain me what I need.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

0
Stefan

Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro
I have been trying to solve this problem for months! I have 4 PCs in a workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro. The Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines. It can copy files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no issues. None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows 2000 PC. If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times out. I have double checked the Workgroup name. They all login as administrator same password. They can all get to the internet using the cable modem connected to one of the...

WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS
WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS We are looking to buy large quantities of DELL WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS.. Must include manual and restore media new sealed...or media itself sealed in white enevelope. Email buyonet@hotmail.com if you have these. Also buying the below... WE ARE ALSO BUYING MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL We need to buy today quantities of MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL.. Email us if you h...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS a...

[...]

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Best method to backup and Recover Windows XP Pro and Windows 2K Pro??
Hi folks, There are various methods of backing up via operating systems , using "ghost software" to hdd-hdd backup or using "partition magic software". Appreciate if you can share your experiences what are the methods that was used and the pro and cons ! thanks in advance JC "JC" <Jhayi22@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1125244551.501025.78830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi folks, > > There are various methods of backing up via operating systems , using > "ghost software" to hdd-hdd backup or using "...

WINDOWS XP PRO CORP SP2, WINDOWS XP X64 PRO CORP SP2, SYMANTEC WEB SECURITY V3.0.1.76 MULTIOS, other 2006-Dec-03
WINDOWS XP PRO CORP SP2, WINDOWS XP X64 PRO CORP SP2, SYMANTEC WEB SECURITY V3.0.1.76 MULTIOS, other 2006-Dec-03 OFFICE 2007 ENTERPRISE UG VL (OFFICE-SOLUTION), PROJECT 2007, PUBLISHER 2007, BRITANNICA 2007, new programs CDs 5228 - 5238, and new games CDs 1960 - 1967 PC new programs Nr=5238 TOLERANCE DATA V2005 1 (ELECTRONIC WORKSHOP) 2CD Nr=5237 MICROSOFT OFFICE FORMS SERVER 2007 (ELECTRONIC FORMS) Nr=5236 MAXON CINEMA 4D STUDIO BUNDLE V10.0 MULTILANGUAGE (DESIGN) 1DVD Nr=5235 MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA ENTERPRISE 32BIT VLM (OPERATING SYSTEM) 1DVD Nr=5234 HALLMARK CARD STUDIO ...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be ...

Windows XP Pro $49.95 Windows

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO CD's & DELL WINDOWS XP PRO
=20 We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows XP PRO & Windows 7 P= ro CD's. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Busi= ness as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 20= 03, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantitiy. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. = Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and= 360. We are emailing you because we are Looking to buy software from yo...

Transferring data from Windows ME to Windows XP(Pro)
Hi folks. Wonder if anyone would be kind enough to offer some advice. I HAVE seen this posted in groups before, but never had previous need for it, but now I have. Palm Desktop 4.1 on PC running Windows ME, for Palm TT. NEW PC running Windows XP-Pro How to I ensure that I get all the data across to my new PC, please?? Just the details within the Palm user file on my old PC? And what about the programmes (Splash Data, Documents to go etc)? Would appreciate any positive (helpful) feedback, or the Palm Solution number (if anyone knows it) Thanks folks PS/ Anyone know...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Web resources about - can either windows 2000 Pro or Windows Xp Pro handle different language user interfaces? - comp.os.ms-windows

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
... especially for longtime users of the app like me. Fortunately, here comes version 7.0 of the app to the rescue with a handful of welcome interface ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
... we showed you Dragon Drive , the voice-activation system that's now included in BMW's 7 Series. That's not the only advanced user interface ...

Pale Moon adopts new Goanna browser engine, fine-tunes interface
... build, also available in 64-bit , sees Pale Moon unveil its own browser rendering engine, Goanna, plus further fine-tune the browser user interface ...

Samsung Shows Off New Smart Remote and Interface for Their Smart TVs
... hubs in 2016. On top of extensive smart home control by way of SmartThings , the company’s line of smart TVs will also be getting a user interface ...

IDG Contributor Network: Post-acquisition, LastPass rolls out new version with more user interface bling ...
... exists, revenue streams are sure to eventuate. The new version of LastPass, imaginatively called LastPass 4.0, has an entirely new user interface ...

Android’s design guru says iPhone interface is ‘heavy and burdensome’
The arrival of the original iPhone may have fundamentally changed Google’s plans for its Android smartphone platform, but according to Google’s ...

Sling TV Plans New Interface And Guide That Predicts What Users Want
... Sling CEO Roger Lynch says that the service won’t hike the price this year. He also said that later this quarter it will roll out a new interface, ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...